PDA

View Full Version : S rank mission question...

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 12:09 PM
...I finally did my 1st S-run outside of Linear Line and was disappointed to NOT see mutated creatures like I saw there. I know PSO had mutated/altered beasts and even the sky looked different when played on Ultimate and thought that PSU would do the same. Anyone know of any other places where S-runs are "different"?????!!!! I was on Parum, btw...................

Phoenix148
Jun 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
lol besides the ice vahra things on neudaiz thats it

desturel
Jun 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
Besides the Pannon changing to Bel Pannon most of the small creatures don't change from A rank to S rank. Only the medium size creatures gain mutations.

Delsaban become Deljaban
Gohmon become Olgohmon
Vahra become Go Vahra
Vanda become Vanda Merha.

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 01:17 PM
thanks guys! I wish that for S-runs on Parum, there was like heavy rain and thunder & lightning......and Neudaiz would be kinda snowy..........maybe night missions on Moatoob! Hey Sega, mutate "all" of the monsters and alter "all" of the backrounds like PSO PLEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!! For the love of god! OK, I'll come down now............

Sasamichan
Jun 12, 2008, 01:19 PM
Besides the Pannon changing to Bel Pannon most of the small creatures don't change from A rank to S rank. Only the medium size creatures gain mutations.

Delsaban become Deljaban
Gohmon become Olgohmon
Vahra become Go Vahra
Vanda become Vanda Merha.

Just want to add, these changes are based on level(Level 50+), not rank.

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 01:45 PM
OK, so it doesn't matter that I'm doing an S-run, just matters what lvl the creatures I'm fighting are? So do ALL of the monsters mutate after a certain lvl?????? Thx again for your help. Remember, "there are no dumb questions........just dumb people asking questions".

desturel
Jun 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
OK, so it doesn't matter that I'm doing an S-run, just matters what lvl the creatures I'm fighting are?

Creature level is all that matters. Before the expansion there was only one missions that I can think of that had creatures over level 50 on A rank. Duel in the Ruins. The other ones were party missions like Her Secret Mission.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 01:57 PM
That's something Sega could have added. Background changes on the higher levels. I miss that actually.

When I first did Ultimate on PSO, I was like: "What the HELL is all of this?!?"

There were no Boomas or Savage Beast or nothing. And they tore me a new one too. And this is all offline, by the way.

But Sega might later on. After all. If the level cap is 200, to say, this could still be implemented. And I got a feeling that 200 won't be the level cap this time (unless it has already been defined as being 200.)

darkante
Jun 12, 2008, 02:00 PM
I think a another "mutation" should be in after like lv 180 or something.
To look even more evil and fiercesome.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
I think a another "mutation" should be in after like lv 180 or something.
To look even more evil and fiercesome.

Agreed. The two "E's" in S.E.E.D should stand for Extra Evil.

Bwahahahahahaha!

DarkDeception
Jun 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
As much as I would love to see new backgrounds and interesting mutations I just don't think it will happen. Maybe mutations but new backgrounds probably not there are a lot of missions out there now and I don't see them having put that much extra effort into it all. Who knows maybe in the next expansion. Just don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
HAHA- S.uperE.xtraE.vil

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
sEED vance mutates to SEED Vitace, the vahras on parum change to go-vahras, gavampas(i think thats the name) in relics change to Zavampas. vandas from moatoob change to vanda mehrna and the gohmon on neudaiz change to olgohmon. so not everything changes...but a lot of the token monsters do...I was disappointed as well, though

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
Part of the excitement of finally doing S-runs was to get a different looking gameplay experience and I was a lil let down. I have only been playing PSU since shortly before the MaxG and really enjoy this game and although I wish this and wish that, they really made a solid game considering it's PS2 roots..............how about a 360 exclusive update for added visuals for S-runs,more enemy types,more weps,techs & armor! I can dream dammit!!!!!!

r00tabaga
Jun 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
....and merge the PC/360 crowd on us/eu servers for crying out loud! Really!!!!!!!

Niloklives
Jun 13, 2008, 06:57 PM
not many people want that to begin with...and microsoft wont allow it.