PDA

View Full Version : Did ST get their act together?

ShinMaruku
Jun 12, 2008, 06:22 PM
Or do I need to go back to WAR and 40K?

I've given them time, is it worth it?

ashley50
Jun 12, 2008, 06:24 PM
what?

Powder Keg
Jun 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
Be more specific.

ShinMaruku
Jun 12, 2008, 06:31 PM
Is this game still unfinished excrement?

Zarode
Jun 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
Is this game still unfinished excrement?

If this game is that, then what is WoW, a pleasurable diarrhea?

Mewnie
Jun 12, 2008, 06:41 PM

haha

Well, the last patch went by without any problems. But after the 065 debacle I'm not going to say we're in the clear yet.

ShinMaruku
Jun 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
WoW's pvp is excrement as for PvE I'd dare say is far better than Sonic Teams offerings (Mainly because it's unfinished and is often half assed. If it were complete I'd prefer it to War Possibly)

BigshowPat
Jun 12, 2008, 07:00 PM
Umm...I'm saying if it wasn't Sonic Team.

We all know how good SEGA really is when it comes to giving us what we want and fixing things!

ShinMaruku
Jun 12, 2008, 07:02 PM
ST is my main issue with Sega the rest they have is gold but they hold this piss poor team rather than changing it up and make them stay there lazy.

Dragwind
Jun 12, 2008, 07:04 PM
Its very kubara, so to speak.

Depending on when you last played it, it could very well be an entirely new game to you.

Toguro
Jun 12, 2008, 07:06 PM
It would help if we were only allowed to pick one choice. I see one person placed a vote on all the options.

ShinMaruku
Jun 12, 2008, 07:10 PM
It would help if we were only allowed to pick one choice. I see one person placed a vote on all the options.
If somebody give too many replies their input is rather not worth any input as from comedy.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 12, 2008, 07:27 PM
Warthammer?

Chuck_Norris
Jun 12, 2008, 07:47 PM

That would be me. :wacko:

Well, it depends on you, shin. Most of the FKLers play PSU though. ;o

Powder Keg
Jun 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
Phantasy Star games have always been like this, and I would say it's pretty safe to assume that the game will run it's course with some content never released. What you see in offline mode may not even have been planned whatsoever to be online (techs like dizas and retnis for example)

Hell, I could imagine the kind of whining we'd see if we saw all of our favorite games developed in front of us and saw "what could have been."

But comparing WoW to PSU is like comparing the technology of a computer to a brick.

dingo123
Jun 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
nope they havent. they still havent fixed the slowdown. its annoying that 360 cant handle PS2 graphics and i blame this on sonic team. they dont know how to develop

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 10:29 PM
I dunno. As of the last two weeks, it seems as if the worst is over. But I haven't heard anything about MAG v2 (they might try to slither out of it) and the progress made about permenantly taking down 65.

So i'd say yes, if it wasn't Sonic Team we're talking about.

Metal Heart
Jun 12, 2008, 10:39 PM
Sonic Team = Goldmember... they still think they got it even after an unfortunate smelting accident... but the fact is... their winky is still gone...

RemiusTA
Jun 13, 2008, 12:46 AM
nope they havent. they still havent fixed the slowdown. its annoying that 360 cant handle PS2 graphics and i blame this on sonic team. they dont know how to develop

Thats never getting fixed. Stop asking.

At least not until a new expansion or a huge update from SEGA. They would basically have to recode alot of the game.

Its the same reason the PC has such trouble rendering this game. Its the graphics engine.

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2008, 02:45 AM
Baby steps.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
Q to Shin: since when?

BahnKnakyu
Jun 13, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cautious optimism at this point.

ShinMaruku
Jun 13, 2008, 01:48 PM
Sonic Team = Goldmember... they still think they got it even after an unfortunate smelting accident... but the fact is... their winky is still gone...
ST never had their winky.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
ST never had their winky.
..if that's what u believe, then what's the point of asking this poll in the 1st place? (...u hypocrit u..)

ShinMaruku
Jun 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
Sega put their RPG house back to work and make a game that blows my mind. it could not be far fetched to think they hit ST with a board too.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 13, 2008, 05:05 PM
Shin, u never answered my 1st Q b/c, if u stopped playing PSU after AOTI and M.A.G. event and it still 'blows ur mind' in a bad way, then feel free to go back to WOW n get ur mind blown away to ur hearts content, but if u havn't been playing recently with new updates & PA rebalance after MAG event and also the upcoming MAG extension soon w/ rewards afterward, I suggest u do check for urself it might change ur belief on ST, who knows?
*Just to clarify about that unfortunate & infamous billing error during MAG event on ps2/pc version, GM stated that ST was not directly responsible for this error but 'SEGAC' themselves, even so, ST & GM's are trying to make up for it by planning 2wks extension at the end of June. For X360 side btw, the event was a success w/o major problems least said & the extension will just build up more on its momentum. :)

ShinMaruku
Jun 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
Never got back on when AOI was out because it was still ass balanced :P
Apparently it's still so.

Toguro
Jun 13, 2008, 06:50 PM
If you haven't been playing PSU since AotI relleased then what is the purpose of this thread?

HyperShot-X-
Jun 13, 2008, 06:52 PM
Never got back on when AOI was out because it was still ass balanced :P
Apparently it's still so.

u gotta be f'ing kiddin' here, coming fm someone who havn't even tried AOtI, eh? apparently u dunno whacha talkin' bout i'm afraid. Wut makes u think it's still 'ass balanced'? gib 1 good example that'll amuze me even mo', wuld ya?

ShinMaruku
Jun 13, 2008, 07:18 PM
Mighty defensive bunch you lot :P

Criss
Jun 13, 2008, 07:45 PM
Apparently, it is possible for people who previously had an account to log on and play online even without an active subscription, supposedly because of error 065. Not sure how long that will last though.

So why not try just renting AoI for a weekend and trying it out?

pinkace
Jun 13, 2008, 08:00 PM
Obviously they have gotten their act together. any disagreement is bogus. Is there cheating on this game? are we getting new content? are we getting dedicated service for any issues?

please... enough with the bitterness. the game is leaps above PSO in terms of content, integrity and conflict resolution. I think the evidence speaks for itself.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 13, 2008, 08:07 PM
Obviously they have gotten their act together. any disagreement is bogus. Is there cheating on this game? are we getting new content? are we getting dedicated service for any issues?

please... enough with the bitterness. the game is leaps above PSO in terms of content, integrity and conflict resolution. I think the evidence speaks for itself.

Cheating= yes, I see couples on PSU always cheating on each other.
New content= Anybody, can say delays?
Dedicated service= No PSU is heresy..

Ezodagrom
Jun 13, 2008, 08:10 PM

About updates, the difference between US/EU version and JP version been increasing since 1UP Cup...When AOtI was released, we were 2 - 3 months behind the jp version (not counting Winter Event, we should have got that one still on v1, like jp), now we have a 4 months delay, and depending on what will happen in the following months, it might reduce this delay to 3 months, or increase it to 5 or 6...
If we get neudaiz GBR right after mag extension (early july), then dengeki event right after neudaiz gbr (early august), and parum gbr right after the event (early september), by early october our delay compared to jp will be between 3 and 4 months.
If we get dengeki event early august and neudaiz GBR after the event, our delay compared to jp will be around 5 months.

A2K
Jun 13, 2008, 09:02 PM
About updates, the difference between US/EU version and JP version been increasing since 1UP Cup...When AOtI was released, we were 2 - 3 months behind the jp version (not counting Winter Event, we should have got that one still on v1, like jp), now we have a 4 months delay, and depending on what will happen in the following months, it might reduce this delay to 3 months, or increase it to 5 or 6...
If we get neudaiz GBR right after mag extension (early july), then dengeki event right after neudaiz gbr (early august), and parum gbr right after the event (early september), by early october our delay compared to jp will be between 3 and 4 months.
If we get dengeki event early august and neudaiz GBR after the event, our delay compared to jp will be around 5 months.

It's not really all that clear cut, as we're out of sync. As far as "regular" updates go (free and story missions, level caps, etc.) I believe we're mostly keeping pace, but big events like 1UP, MAG, et al. are much more off.

Metal Heart
Jun 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
Mighty defensive bunch you lot :P

no... they are just showing you make no sense, I have sat here and said, "the hell is this person trying to get at" for 5 minutes, and I still don't know. It doesn't make sense to say something sux/ still sux, when you havn't tried it. it's like a virgin saying he/she hates sex, but they never tried it, they just go off the vids, they then realize how awesome it is

RemiusTA
Jun 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
it's like a virgin saying he/she hates sex, but they never tried it, they just go off the vids, they then realize how awesome it is

ICE. BURN.

BFGfreak
Jun 14, 2008, 12:21 AM
Well, considering they managed to pull off an update on friday the 13th, I'd say that's a step in the right direction, there are still several things wrong, but at least we're getting stuff again.

Aorre
Jun 14, 2008, 12:42 AM
*votes for everything*

Now give me the synth bonus.

ShinMaruku
Jun 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
no... they are just showing you make no sense, I have sat here and said, "the hell is this person trying to get at" for 5 minutes, and I still don't know. It doesn't make sense to say something sux/ still sux, when you havn't tried it. it's like a virgin saying he/she hates sex, but they never tried it, they just go off the vids, they then realize how awesome it is
Compared to the first Phantasy Star the launch of PSU was a step back as they held back content to stretch out consumer interest which would be fine and dandy if it was feature complete like PSO was and kept it's content additions similar to that model.

That's why I decided to give it time so I could actually enjoy the game as in some aspects it's a step up from PSO but feature incomplete makes it hobble and the improvements can't be enjoyed fully.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 14, 2008, 12:52 AM
Compared to the first Phantasy Star the launch of PSU was a step back as they held back content to stretch out consumer interest which would be fine and dandy if it was feature complete like PSO was and kept it's content additions similar to that model.

That's why I decided to give it time so I could actually enjoy the game as in some aspects it's a step up from PSO but feature incomplete makes it hobble and the improvements can't be enjoyed fully.

PSO was not the first phantasy star.

ShinMaruku
Jun 14, 2008, 01:02 AM
I am talking in Sonic team's hands.
Most people here don't even know what the first Phantasy Star was.

Brainwrecked
Jun 14, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'm going to go with, "They never had their act together."

MG glitch -- losing button presses/releases on the client side
Duplication -- Didn't ST learn menus from PSO?
Inventory hacking -- Aren't you gonna check to see if that player even has 99 of that item to drop/sell?
AotI Release -- How the hell do you not notice astronomically great drops?
Robot Slowdown -- Exactly what is the correlation to robots exploding and frame rates?
Title Updates -- When final approval of your code is not in your hands, you wait for final approval before announcing its release. You also do not blame "Microsoft politics" for your failure to understand this.

60Hz
Jun 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hmm not sure if it's sonic team or Sega of AMerica at fault, but my bet is on the latter when it comes to billing issues... as for everything else i'd say ST has and is doing a great job at trying to keep it a secure game, the updates are regular and they are constantly tuning to give the best experience possible. I also think the community is very fun group of game loving folks... I'd recommend PSU to anyone... There is more than enough content here...

zanotam
Jun 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
u gotta be f'ing kiddin' here, coming fm someone who havn't even tried AOtI, eh? apparently u dunno whacha talkin' bout i'm afraid. Wut makes u think it's still 'ass balanced'? gib 1 good example that'll amuze me even mo', wuld ya?

WT. WT are an ideal example of 'ass balanced'. They've been the worst class since the game released, and have just gotten further behind.

drizzle
Jun 14, 2008, 03:39 PM
If you didn't like it before, you won't like it now. Move on.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 14, 2008, 09:25 PM
You will never know until you try it out for yourself if you give a damn about it.

Just keep in mind that PSU was never meant to be 'feature complete' like PSO was in the 1st place, and PSO was never meant to last that long as it did, even ST admitted this. They started adding new contents long after game sparked a huge popularity unexpectedly, and it only took 3 months at best after launch(at least on Xbox) until hacking started to take over beyond ST's control and went down hill over the years.

What you gotta realize is that PSU is the inevitable evolution of PSO's formulal over the years and it's 'feature incompleteness' is what drives this game forward. PSU '..is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what ya gonna git..' untill new contents get unlocked and updates are added over the course of its life.
If you are one of those unfortunate few who just cannot accept this fact, then you're stuck with an outdated game(eventho classic) and a false hope that someday there will be a new upgraded version of the exact same game which will never happen in your life time i'm afraid.

*Oh, and if you think WT is that bad, why not try AT? Nobody's forcing you to stick to 1 class in this game but yourself.