PDA

View Full Version : how many techers out there think that???

mooonbow
Jun 12, 2008, 10:59 PM
megistar should be consider an attack spell? i really think that it should be consdered an attack spell!!!!

MS-Wift
Jun 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
So Masterforce can get a Lv41+ version of it? I don't think so...

Phoenix_Black
Jun 12, 2008, 11:03 PM
Well, considering the only damage it does i to the user, I can't really see that as a possibility... also, you should really support your idea with some points. Just throughing it out there leaves little to discuss, ya know?

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
Phoenix is right. (No pun intended!)

What would be the Pros and Cons to this?

And I don't even know what the spell is! LOL

mooonbow
Jun 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
well my points are this..it would discourge acrotechers form using it. also it would give the masterforce lvl 41 buffs. and since it only affects the caster. i really dont see how it "supports" the party. and it would make it a more usefull spell. i hardly see anyone using it. and the techers that do use it are more for attacking then supporting.

MS-Wift
Jun 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
And I don't even know what the spell is! LOL

Megistar is basically a technic version of a megistaride. It buffs all stats on the user at the cost of HP. It's a self buff only.

I think most people don't use it because:

1. It's a PA Frag disk

2. Any techer worth their salt usually works for high level group buffs which help everyone.

3. According to PSUpedia, its buffs aren't any stronger than Shifta/Deband/Retier/Zodial.

ThEoRy
Jun 13, 2008, 01:35 AM
nah, it's just not an attack.

RemiusTA
Jun 13, 2008, 02:02 AM
So Masterforce can get a Lv41+ version of it? I don't think so...

Thats...actually a really good idea.

I personally think Megistar should be an Attack technic too. Its the most selfish spell a techer can possess or use.

zandra117
Jun 13, 2008, 02:15 AM
I agree, it should be an attack tech, acrotechers dont use it at all.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 13, 2008, 07:46 AM
That's a great idea! I'm all for it. It would finally make sense for that techinique to exist.

Did you make a suggestion on the official board?

Ezodagrom
Jun 13, 2008, 07:52 AM
Even though it is a support tech (supports the user), I agree in it being an attack spell, the class that could use that tech the best would be masterforce with it being an attack spell, due to their lvl 10 support (other techer classes don't need megistar, be it an attack or a support spell).

nightlights
Jun 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
if they made that an attack spell i would finally get it. i have all of my buffs at lvl 40 even though i normally only play fortetecher. i really plan on going master force. i want lvl 41 spells but i don't really like giving up my buffs for it.

on a sidenote i think megistar is intended for use doing solo and in partys where everyone is an ass and doesn't want to stand still for the 3 seconds it takes to cast buffs then you just use megistar and go on.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
Acrotechers don't use Megistar? Hardly. Either they use it for soloing, or if they died either it be from a barage of attacks at once or Megid. It's a quick cast for themselves. Fortetechers use it as well. I surely do, since we fall under the same conditions as when an Acrotecher dies as I stated.

It's a buff. That's how it'll always be. I feel it's just plain ignorant to want a BUFF to be an ATTACK tech. It's hardly ATTACKING anything, but you. It's a megistride. All Masterforces have to do is buy a nice set of megistrides and they'll have level 21+ buffs on them.

Masterforces has its down side of getting the shaft with support spells. That's their con, and no kikamis or bows as well.

chaoskila
Jun 13, 2008, 09:48 AM
megistar sir.
does it do damage>? no
nuff said

Mman2000
Jun 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
I don't think it should be changed.

If you give masterforces a level 41+ megistar, you've pretty much fucked the other classes. Besides, people who want to get it for whatever reason will get it regardless of whether it's classified as an attack or a buff. I literally discarded all the buffs on my wartecher to get megistar so that I would never be used as a "buff bot" on that character.

nightlights
Jun 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
i think it would be nice but then again i don't think it will ever be able to go to 41 with the masterforce. everything has to have it's downside like you guys said. i will however be switching back and forth between acrotecher and masterforce depending on the party i'm in and what we are doing.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:02 AM
If you want level 41+ buffs, then bring an Acrotecher in, enough said. =/

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 10:05 AM
That's a great idea! I'm all for it. It would finally make sense for that techinique to exist.

Did you make a suggestion on the official board?

im banned form the officail forums

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
I think it could be a viable option since as it is now megistar's only pro is that its slightly faster to level and cast then the 4 normal buffs which is only a big deal for lazy people/speed run nuts lol

If not this megistar definately needs something extra to be worth casting IMO

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
I don't think it should be changed.

If you give masterforces a level 41+ megistar, you've pretty much fucked the other classes. Besides, people who want to get it for whatever reason will get it regardless of whether it's classified as an attack or a buff. I literally discarded all the buffs on my wartecher to get megistar so that I would never be used as a "buff bot" on that character.

masterforce already gets the shaft with only 3 weapons types other masterclasses have 4. having megistar as an accatck spell would in my opion balance this out

Darius_Drake
Jun 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
masterforce already gets the shaft with only 3 weapons types other masterclasses have 4. having megistar as an accatck spell would in my opion balance this out

I hear what you are saying, but those three weapons still equal all of the weapons a techer uses to cast spells. The whole purpose of megistar is to "buff" yourself instead of the party making this tech a buff thus making it a support spell by definition. If you give the masterforce megistar as an attack spell you might as well just give them all of the buffs. This would actually break the class. The class will get an extra 10 levels on attack spells. The only class that should have 41+ buffs should be Acrotecher. Even if you gave masterforce the ability to use megistar above level 10, it should not be able to use it at 41+. It really shouldn't even be able to use it at 31+. At this point a megistride at level 21 should work just fine. With megistride at level 21, it gives you better buffs than you can do yourself and it won't take up a slot on any of your casting weapons. What could be better? Still I know it is just an opinion, but to me a masterforce with the ability to do any buff at 41+ along with 41+ attack techs = broken. There would be no need to bother with Acrotecher at that point. Why not just give Acrotecher the ability to use one attack tech at 41+. Its the same thing.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:26 AM

It wouldn't balance it out at all. It'd make the other techer classes pretty much obsolete. Fortetecher and Acrotecher wouldn't even be there to attack. They'd sit there, look pretty, and cast their level 31/41+ Resta/Giresta on you. They'd be a bot following after you, but not attacking. Guess we better start counting how many hits Dark Falz takes while we heal our party.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
I hear what you are saying, but those three weapons still equal all of the weapons a techer uses to cast spells. The whole purpose of megistar is to "buff" yourself instead of the party making this tech a buff thus making it a support spell by definition. If you give the masterforce megistar as an attack spell you might as well just give them all of the buffs. This would actually break the class. The class will get an extra 10 levels on attack spells. The only class that should have 41+ buffs should be Acrotecher. Even if you gave masterforce the ability to use megistar above level 10, it should not be able to use it at 41+. It really shouldn't even be able to use it at 31+. At this point a megistride at level 21 should work just fine. With megistride at level 21, it gives you better buffs than you can do yourself and it won't take up a slot on any of your casting weapons. What could be better? Still I know it is just an opinion, but to me a masterforce with the ability to do any buff at 41+ along with 41+ attack techs = broken. There would be no need to bother with Acrotecher at that point. Why not just give Acrotecher the ability to use one attack tech at 41+. Its the same thing.

sure they can have megiverse :P (lets face it any acrotecher using megistar over regular buffs needs to stop being an acrotecher NOW so how does 1 self buffing, self damaging spell make them obsolete, last I checked non techers can still only use items to buff to 21 so unless all your buffs are at wartecher level...)

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 10:38 AM
Fortetecher and Acrotecher will never be obsolete. if they made megistar an attack spell. FT will be getting lvl 40 supports and AT will be getting lvl 50 supports. this will make them very usefull. im talking about what masterclasses are made for and that is soloing. if i want to solo and want lvl 50 buffs i need to take an AT along with me. how is this soloing? or i can just switch to being an AT to get my lvl 50 buffs. iv tried soloing as an AT it sucks! i can solo better as a FT. ill never give up my rods i love them to dam much. i just firgure its pointless for AT to get lvl 50 megistar when the are the all mighty support class. if an AT dies while everyone is buffed it doesnt take anymore then 3 secs for them to rebuff themselves and the party.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:42 AM
sure they can have megiverse :P (lets face it any acrotecher using megistar over regular buffs needs to stop being an acrotecher NOW so how does 1 self buffing, self damaging spell make them obsolete, last I checked non techers can still only use items to buff to 21 so unless all your buffs are at wartecher level...)

Whenever I go Acrotecher, I have a Mag/Wand for regular buffs. Then I'll have a wand or Mag with Megistar and Resta on it. Giving a Masterforce level 41+ Megistar and/or even 41+ buffs, would render Acrotecher useless. I see no point in even the thought of that. It would make Masterforce broken beyond belief.

Fortetechers would be... Okay, but Acro and Forte would be left with healing since the Masterforce just casted 41+ Megistar on him/herself and is killing everything in sight upon contact. I'd feel bad for the lower leveled Acro/Forte/War/Guntechers that want hits in, but the Masterforce is pummling everything in sight with a level 41+ self-buff. D:

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 10:50 AM
Whenever I go Acrotecher, I have a Mag/Wand for regular buffs. Then I'll have a wand or Mag with Megistar and Resta on it. Giving a Masterforce level 41+ Megistar and/or even 41+ buffs, would render Acrotecher useless. I see no point in even the thought of that. It would make Masterforce broken beyond belief.

Fortetechers would be... Okay, but Acro and Forte would be left with healing since the Masterforce just casted 41+ Megistar on him/herself and is killing everything in sight upon contact. I'd feel bad for the lower leveled Acro/Forte/War/Guntechers that want hits in, but the Masterforce is pummling everything in sight with a level 41+ self-buff. D:

no one is getting my point i want lvl 50 megistar for SOLO PURPUSES!!!!!!!!! if im in a group of ppl and if there is an AT in the party with lvl 50 buffs why would i cast a spell on myself that does dmg to me? im talking about SOLOING!!!!!!!

Vent
Jun 13, 2008, 10:52 AM
Masterclasses have unusual potential of dealing a lot of damage. To balance that out I think masterclasses shouldn't be able to stand completely on their own. So that means masterforce shouldn't be able to buff himself with high level buffs.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 AM
no one is getting my point i want lvl 50 megistar for SOLO PURPUSES!!!!!!!!! if im in a group of ppl and if there is an AT in the party with lvl 50 buffs why would i cast a spell on myself that does dmg to me? im talking about SOLOING!!!!!!!
I see that you want that. They'll never change it to an attack spell. It'll always stay a support spell. You can wish for it, but it'll never happen. It'll always be Acrotecher has level 41+ support when the time comes. You use a megistride to solo as a Masterforce.

Darius_Drake
Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 AM
Before I continue I will state I hate the breakdown as it doesn't make sense to me. Correct my chart if I am wrong I am going by memory.

Job Attack/Support
Force 20/20

Your base techer class is force which has the ability to level all spells up to 20. This sounds good an I accepted it. After advancing the force job you can move on to advanced techer classes such as:

Job Attack/Support
Acrotecher 30/50 (eventually 50 with support)
Fortetecher 40/40
Masterforce 50/10 (when it comes out)

This does not make sense to me at all. As a lowly force I can learn up to level 20 on all spells but if I want to become a Masterforce I have to forget half of what I learned in terms of support. That is just stupid. No advanced class should have the limit of any of their spells be lower than the 20 they had at force. My suggested breakdown of these same classes would be:

Job Attack/Support
Acrotecher 30/50 Support techer
Fortetecher 40/40 Balanced techer
Masterforce 50/30 Attack techer

I truly believe the Masterforce gets shafted when it comes to support techs. I understand they need weaknesses, but a force having a higher level buff than an advanced class is just stupid. With this I still don't feel that a Masterforce should be given a buff (even if it is a self buff that isn't really usefull to the other classes) at a 41+ level. If anything I wouldn't mind them getting it up to level 30, but then again I feel they should have level 30 support spells across the board. The ability to cast a level 50 buff though would be broken, even if it is on just themselves.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
This does not make sense to me at all. As a lowly force I can learn up to level 20 on all spells but if I want to become a Masterforce I have to forget half of what I learned in terms of support. That is just stupid. No advanced class should have the limit of any of their spells be lower than the 20 they had at force. My suggested breakdown of these same classes would be:

Job Attack/Support
Masterforce 50/20 Attack techer

I'd accept level 20 support for Masterforce. Give them something a little better and have more range for them. No buffs though. They don't need them. D:

In the end, nothing we do will change it. It's already been decided what the Masterclasses pros and cons are.

Vent
Jun 13, 2008, 11:01 AM
It doesn't make sense, yes, but it's for balance's sake. Remember that a masterclass gains a attack speed increase, whatever it's striking, shooting or teching. That's the true power of the masterclasses. They're powerful enough as that. level 30 support techs is a bit too much for a masterforce, I won't mind level 20 though; it will be the same level as your beginners class force and won't be that useful overall.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 11:06 AM
Before I continue I will state I hate the breakdown as it doesn't make sense to me. Correct my chart if I am wrong I am going by memory.

Job Attack/Support
Force 20/20

Your base techer class is force which has the ability to level all spells up to 20. This sounds good an I accepted it. After advancing the force job you can move on to advanced techer classes such as:

Job Attack/Support
Acrotecher 30/50 (eventually 50 with support)
Fortetecher 40/40
Masterforce 50/10 (when it comes out)

Job Attack/Support
Masterforce 50/30 Attack techer

I truly believe the Masterforce gets shafted when it comes to support techs. I understand they need weaknesses, but a force having a higher level buff than an advanced class is just stupid. With this I still don't feel that a Masterforce should be given a buff (even if it is a self buff that isn't really usefull to the other classes) at a 41+ level. If anything I wouldn't mind them getting it up to level 30, but then again I feel they should have level 30 support spells across the board. The ability to cast a level 50 buff though would be broken, even if it is on just themselves.

Yeah that sounds good

Btw. To the one who keeps saying higher megistar (as it would be being an attack spell) would make the acros and fortes redundant

A) Megistar is a SELF buff only

B) Non-teching classes ARE able to receive buffs you know

C) There are a LOT of people who use non-teching classes

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 11:23 AM
I lol'd at the fact that other classes can't get buffs. XD If they couldn't get buffs, then.. Nevermind. <3

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
MF with 41+ megistar would be beyond broken...you should all know this, c'mon now.
There's a reason they don't have it, and likely never will, which has already been stated...game balance.

Besides, acrotechers will now have their "niche" in the game with those 41+ buffs. I'm all for that. More diverse parties=more fun imo. Get some acrotecher friends or start stocking up on those megistarides....because this will never happen, lol.

desturel
Jun 13, 2008, 11:44 AM
im talking about what masterclasses are made for and that is soloing.

Master classes aren't made for soloing. In fact the reason why they are so gimped on weapon selection is because it forces them to group up for certain missions. When the classes were announced it was stated that they wouldn't be able to solo every mission. If you want to solo, use a forte or hybrid class.

Rambo!
Jun 13, 2008, 11:44 AM
The classes are balanced the way they are and will be I want Master Gunner to get grenades is master force gets buffs over 10

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
MF with 41+ megistar would be beyond broken...you should all know this, c'mon now.
There's a reason they don't have it, and likely never will, which has already been stated...game balance.

Besides, acrotechers will now have their "niche" in the game with those 41+ buffs. I'm all for that. More diverse parties=more fun imo. Get some acrotecher friends or start stocking up on those megistarides....because this will never happen, lol.

pfft how many acros will even bother to get their support up there? And then how many would bother to use it?

Iv'e seen fortewhippers, I've seen fortewhippers without resta, I've seen all sorts of techers using mates when they would be in no danger if they whipped out their heal staff, I've seen non support techers get to low health, stay at it and then die without scapes and expect to be mooned.

I've even heard some techers consdering getting megistar so they dont have to buff.

Excuse me if I don't want to have to rely on people in this game lol

(starts stockpiling rides)

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 12:19 PM
pfft how many acros will even bother to get their support up there? And then how many would bother to use it?

Iv'e seen fortewhippers, I've seen fortewhippers without resta, I've seen all sorts of techers using mates when they would be in no danger if they whipped out their heal staff, I've seen non support techers get to low health, stay at it and then die without scapes and expect to be mooned.

I've even heard some techers consdering getting megistar so they dont have to buff.

The "whippers" are too depended on attacking. If you don't support, on a class that allows it, let alone play it correctly, then you shouldn't play the class. =/ Acro is focused around support. I'll get my support to 41+ when it becomes available. ^^ I use Megistar, but I'm a Fortetecher 99% of the time. My dark rod has it on there, incase I died faster than I can heal or I pop a mate when I know I can't make it with Resta, but still died, lol. :P (Lagmates! :D) I still have a buff rod though. o.o I LOVE buffing and healing myself/party members. I chase after them. >.> <3

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 12:21 PM

Not being able to rely on your teammates in a team based game is fail in the first place...

You can't justify yourself getting better buffs just because other people suck at the game. I've seen many good acrotechers, and many more bad. Ya, the good ones are in the minority, but can still be found. Hopefully the PA rebalance will also make several AT's in training want to lvl their buffs. I actually switched my former fF to AT once the PA rebalance hit, so I may even run into you eventually lol.

Then if all else fails and you can't find any AT friends to play with, well, like I said, I guess megistarides become your new best friend.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
If you can't find an Acrotecher that's good, and actually supports then... Try finding a Fortetecher that supports too. Even then, you don't find many supporting (While attacking) Fortetechers. -.-; It saddens me.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
Another supporting Fortetecher/Acrotecher here! *waves hand*

Darius_Drake makes some good points, that's the way they should do it, and this way MF's would also have at least S/D/Z/R that items can provide. On the other hand I kind of like the thought that MF in general has low support, this way the roles of AT & MF are more defined. This is why I think it would be best to give MF the ability to support themself with Megistar, and I don't see how an AT is useless this way.

Of course this is probably all just useless speculation, since the advanced classes are the way they are for a reason...

Elley
Jun 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
I try to buff. The problem is people constantly run away from me and go on killing things costing me XP. It isn't the techers fault for not wanting to buff anymore. I'm quite sick of trying as PSU players have some serious ADD syndrome. I am strongly considering Megistar and not buffing anyone anymore, period.

Darius_Drake
Jun 13, 2008, 01:00 PM
I do understand people saying that Masterforce having low support helps define Acrotecher and Fortetecher. I could live with the Masterforce support being 20. I just don't feel it should be any lower than that.

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
I try to buff. The problem is people constantly run away from me and go on killing things costing me XP. It isn't the techers fault for not wanting to buff anymore. I'm quite sick of trying as PSU players have some serious ADD syndrome. I am strongly considering Megistar and not buffing anyone anymore, period.

So...buff in battle while everyone is grouped together. You don't need to throw off the pacing of the run so everyone can stop and watch you buff. They shouldn't have to, fighters/gunners are doing their jobs as well. If you are set on supporting, do it in battle. Everyone will appreciate you for it, and it will speed up the runs. If you are that concerned about XP, use debuffs to quickly tag all mobs.

And back on topic, this thread isn't about buffing/not buffing, so let's end it. OP's post was about whether or not MF should get 41+ megistar.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 01:08 PM

My friends have learned REAL quick to stop for buffs from me. I'll yell on the mic "BUFFS DAMMIT!! >:O" Then they'll all come back, whimper, and thank me for buffing them/Girestaing them. They learn when to stop before I say anything too about buffing. Either way, I stop in the middle of them while they're fighting and buff/Giresta/Resta them even when they're fine. ^^ I'm OCD about healing and buffing.

Masterforces have Megistar at their disposal, same with buffs. If you want something better than what you're given as that class, then buy megistrides. Alternatively get an Acrotecher orFortetecher in your party.

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
Megistar is useful for bosses, since it's a quick rebuff if you happen to get killed.

Mman2000
Jun 13, 2008, 01:28 PM

Techers don't need more than three weapon types. The master classes are about using ONLY the attacks they're known for and a masterforce is only meant to cast techs, there are only three weapon types that cast techs: wands, rods, and madoogs.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 01:38 PM
No, we don't need more than three weapons to cast. If you want to keep a ranged weapon, like your bow or kikami, then stay Acro/Fortetecher. o.o; Fighmaster and Gunmaster have more weapons that are more notable for their class, thus they have more to the class. Techers? Three, but that's how much we normally have either way.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
Techers don't need more than three weapon types. The master classes are about using ONLY the attacks they're known for and a masterforce is only meant to cast techs, there are only three weapon types that cast techs: wands, rods, and madoogs.

well seeing as every techer but acrotecher gets bows (more than rangers) (even wartecher lol) it seems a bit silly that we dont get them to bring us up to 4 weapons as well IMO

(also before you say "well all forces get sabers and handguns" everyone and their dog gets them on PSU so no class is known for them)

When you think of bows do you think of anything but forces? (why do you think protanser requires force up to 5?)

A bow is as much a force's signiture weapon as the fighter's axe, doublesaber, sword and spear or the ranger's rifle,twin pistols, shotgun's and lazers not just any class can use it

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 01:48 PM
well seeing as every techer but acrotecher gets bows (more than rangers) (even wartecher lol) it seems a bit silly that we dont get them to bring us up to 4 weapons as well IMO

(also before you say "well all forces get sabers and handguns" everyone and their dog gets them on PSU so no class is known for them)

When you think of bows do you think of anything but forces? (why do you think protanser requires force up to 5?)

A bow is as much a force's signiture weapon as the fighter's axe, doublesaber, sword and spear or the ranger's rifle,twin pistols, shotgun's and lazers not just any class can use it

It may seem silly, but the Masterclasses are supposed to be centralized around what they're the best/strongest at. They're pretty much spin-offs of the Forte-classes, but with increased speed to their name and selective weaponry/limitations. Acroforte-classes! :P I guess bows don't matter when the Gunmasters have their Rifles for the long range. I think they wanted Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Masterforce, to all be in a party together when they thought of it. Besides the fact of them wanting to make a class that had it's extreme pros and cons to it. Bow isn't special enough to make it to Masterforce, so they kept it with the other forces. :D

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 01:55 PM

I thought rods, wands and now tech mags were the force signature weps...

If you're looking at bow classes, I think you'd wanna look towards PT. It's the only uber long range weapon the class has, and they get srank in it. It's still situational, but a PT with a bow (combined with all the other junk they get) is usually capable of disposing of any type of enemy.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 02:06 PM

If you're looking at bow classes, I think you'd wanna look towards PT. It's the only uber long range weapon the class has, and they get srank in it. It's still situational, but a PT with a bow (combined with all the other junk they get) is usually capable of disposing of any type of enemy.

and what classes do Protransers require levels in?

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 02:07 PM

Bows are a signature weapon to the various force types, I think he's trying to get across. It's not what they specialize in really. Though I still believe they base Masterforce off Fortecher and Acrotecher. o.o

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
i have to agree with people saying the bow is a signature weapon to FT not PT. bows were out before PT and avable to FT and GT and force.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
i have to agree with people saying the bow is a signature weapon to FT not PT. bows were out before PT and avable to FT and GT and force.

The thing is Bows were out before Fortetechers and Guntechers.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 05:42 PM

And the only class who could use them then was?

(3 guesses)

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 05:43 PM

and who got to use? FORCE! you have to take 5 lvls in force to be a PT. thats why you get to use the bow. hence the bow is a force sig. weapon.

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 13, 2008, 05:44 PM
And the only class who could use them then was?

(3 guesses)

Just Force, duh and guess what is one the requirements of Protranser?

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 13, 2008, 05:46 PM
and who got to use? FORCE! you have to take 5 lvls in force,Ranger, and Hunter to be a PT. thats why you get to use the bow. hence the bow is a Range sig. weapon.

Fixed

Mman2000
Jun 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
well seeing as every techer but acrotecher gets bows (more than rangers) (even wartecher lol) it seems a bit silly that we don't get them to bring us up to 4 weapons as well IMO

A bow is as much a force's signature weapon as the fighter's axe, doublesaber, sword and spear or the ranger's rifle,twin pistols, shotgun's and lazers not just any class can use it

My eyes are rolling faster than a centrifuge right now. I don't know how I can see clearly to type. Did you even read my post?

Masterforce: specialized for techs.

Bows: Bullet type weapon.

THAT is why masterforces don't get bows. Your irrelevant bullshit opinion of what is or isn't a force's signature weapon is just that, an irrelevant bullshit opinion.

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
My eyes are rolling faster than a centrifuge right now. I don't know how I can see clearly to type. Did you even read my post?

THAT is why masterforces don't get bows. Your irrelevant bullshit opinion of what is or isn't a force's signature weapon is just that, an irrelevant bullshit opinion.

lol!!!!!!!!!!

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 08:00 PM
I don't think it can be made any clearer.

Bow: Started with Force, then spread among the Force classes. Protranser gets the ability to use bows, because of the prerequisite of Force level 5.

Masterforce doesn't specialize in that said ranged category. It stages around the TECHs. Simple as that.

I'm still wondering how this topic went from Megistar 41+ on a Masterforce, to bows.. Lol. And with that, Masterforce will and should never get support above 20 at the MOST.

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 11:00 PM
doesn't matter what class the weapon to begin with...who the fuck specializes in the standard "force" class anyway? nobody? ya lol...

so how can a class that nobody plays on a high leveled character have a "signature weapon", when they are not even seen at a high level of play?

so bow originates in force class, if that's what you wanted me to say haha...

but they sure aren't the class that should be seen as the bow "specialists" or "signature weapon" class.

lol next time see how fast you last in a random party with a 130 character playing standard force class with only bows.
I'll give you 10 seconds before the leader decides to boot you for being worthless with your "signature weapon" lulz.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 11:06 PM
I'd go around as a level 130 Newman F Force at 20, just for giggles before I want to kill myself for even thinking that. <3

Bows are just exclusive to the force classes really. It doesn't make them a signature weapon. Nor does it make them a specialist of them. =/

mooonbow
Jun 13, 2008, 11:14 PM
lol next time see how fast you last in a random party with a 130 character playing standard force class with only bows.
I'll give you 10 seconds before the leader decides to boot you for being worthless with your "signature weapon" lulz.

this is kinda fun going back to your basic class hunter, ranger, or force. just for shits and giggles running deragon S2s using only 1* weapons with or without armour. its fun get a group and try it. or solo even more fun

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 11:28 PM
this is kinda fun going back to your basic class hunter, ranger, or force. just for shits and giggles running deragon S2s using only 1* weapons with or without armour. its fun get a group and try it. or solo even more fun

Make a party of six, all Force 20, and run Mother Brain S, White beast S, Grove of Fanatics S2, Desert Goliath S2, and whatever else you can ponder. I want to see the outcome of that while using C-rank stuff. XD

Metal Heart
Jun 13, 2008, 11:43 PM
Acrotechers don't use Megistar? Hardly. Either they use it for soloing, or if they died either it be from a barage of attacks at once or Megid. It's a quick cast for themselves. Fortetechers use it as well. I surely do, since we fall under the same conditions as when an Acrotecher dies as I stated.

It's a buff. That's how it'll always be. I feel it's just plain ignorant to want a BUFF to be an ATTACK tech. It's hardly ATTACKING anything, but you. It's a megistride. All Masterforces have to do is buy a nice set of megistrides and they'll have level 21+ buffs on them.

Masterforces has its down side of getting the shaft with support spells. That's their con, and no kikamis or bows as well.

can you say overeacting everbody? "ignorant" haha when that comes into over a video game... it's time to pull the plug...

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
can you say overeacting everbody? "ignorant" haha when that comes into over a video game... it's time to pull the plug...

It's called proving a point and expressing an opinion all the same. No harm in that. <3

Metal Heart
Jun 13, 2008, 11:49 PM
It's called proving a point and expressing an opinion all the same. No harm in that. <3

just made me laugh... I understand your views, but the word choice is all wrong, ignorant just didn't fit, and some of your other posts do the same. just laughing at your approach, not at oyu, for all I know you can be the nicest person alive.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
just made me laugh... I understand your views, but the word choice is all wrong, ignorant just didn't fit, and some of your other posts do the same. just laughing at your approach, not at oyu, for all I know you can be the nicest person alive.

I don't see what's so funny about my approach on it, but alright. >_>; I felt it was a perfect fit, at least to myself it was.

Metal Heart
Jun 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
I don't see what's so funny about my approach on it, but alright. >_>; I felt it was a perfect fit, at least to myself it was.

if moonbow were to say "oh gay, we should get more meseta just because" or "we should all get Spread Needle G's cuz of 065" then it fits, but for the megistar topic, ignorant just didn't fit... he/she wasn't being ignorant to anything

Ethateral
Jun 14, 2008, 12:00 AM
I wasn't implying they were ignorant at all. I was saying as a generalization, the idea of it was. Not the person themselves.

Shou
Jun 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
I don't think a Masterforce with lvl 5 buffs would outdamage a majjara or a jabroken spammer, even if they were "elite" techers. *high lvl techs / equipment / stats*

Iduno
Jun 14, 2008, 04:01 AM

Then name one ranged class that has no force requirements that uses a bow.

Master classes seem to play to the classes exclusive weapons and just because the force has a non tech exclusive weapon doesn't mean it should just be thrown out

(also before AOTI when stat effects actually mattered a techer with a bow and decent bullet was a force to be reckoned with (no pun intended) for those saying techers with bows are useless) (and hell bring a 130 hunter or ranger into a party you'll get booted too if a bow using force would)

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 14, 2008, 04:06 AM
Buff items such as megistaride are only 11+, not 21+.

Iduno
Jun 14, 2008, 05:58 AM
Buff items such as megistaride are only 11+, not 21+.

Used to be but they got raised in some update.

Schubalts
Jun 14, 2008, 09:21 AM
Bows are not TECH weapons. The master* classes can only use one type of weapons, the type that they specialise in. This is why masterforces don't have bows, fighmasters don't get handguns, and gunmasters don't have sabers.

mooonbow
Jun 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
wow im with the other guy how did we get form megistar to bows?

nightlights
Jun 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
taco's taste better with cheese on them.

why use bows when you can use noszonde?

Iduno
Jun 14, 2008, 05:30 PM
taco's taste better with cheese on them.

Quicker firering and targeting a specific foe or part of a boss

Also to the above (not the qouted) handguns and sabers arent exclusive to any type of class (unlike bows)

Mman2000
Jun 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
Quicker firering and targeting a specific foe or part of a boss

Also to the above (not the qouted) handguns and sabers arent exclusive to any type of class (unlike bows)

The fact that sega made bows exlclusive to forces in the online game (they're not exclusive in extra mode) just for shits and giggles is irrelevant. Master classes are made for only one kind of attack, masterforces are for tech only, and bows aren't tech weapons. You can think whatever you want to, your opinion will not change this obvious fact. The same logic would apply if they made a hunter exclusive gun and fighmasters couldn't use it.

desturel
Jun 14, 2008, 08:08 PM

Because bows are faster, do more damage over time, can be aimed at a specific target, don't get you run over by Maggas, come in every element were as noszonde only comes in well... electric (or dark if you are using nosmegid... which only hits two targets), does more damage to creatures that are tech resistant, but not bullet resistant, and a variety of other reasons. Although Noszonde is nice for knocking stuff over. The only bow bullet that has that ability is pretty useless thanks to sonic team deciding it needed to fire so slowly.

Ethateral
Jun 14, 2008, 11:21 PM
Because bows are faster, do more damage over time, can be aimed at a specific target, don't get you run over by Maggas, come in every element were as noszonde only comes in well... electric (or dark if you are using nosmegid... which only hits two targets), does more damage to creatures that are tech resistant, but not bullet resistant, and a variety of other reasons. Although Noszonde is nice for knocking stuff over. The only bow bullet that has that ability is pretty useless thanks to sonic team deciding it needed to fire so slowly.

Though they may have a more constant firing rate, Nos- spells are very situational same with bows. Although, I don't imagine a techer wanting to run an entire run with just bows. Unless you're leveling your bullets per say. Typically, you're going to use a Nos spell or another spell in place of bows. Bows are nice for the flying creatures that piss you off and you can't toss a spell at them to cause them to fall.

Iduno
Jun 15, 2008, 03:16 AM
O I missed another thing (before everything died so quickly) you could use a bow to stick staus effects to the bigger monsters ( like tengoughs or jarbas infection lvl 4 was a favourite) and it would really do some good damage (for then anyway)