PDA

View Full Version : Weren't we supposed to get a free month?

Chris28
Jun 13, 2008, 07:13 AM
I've been charged twice in the past 2 weeks.

Subscription Details
Date Type Price Result
03 Feb 2008 05:30 PST CREATE SUBSCRPT $9.99 SUCCESS
04 Mar 2008 16:03 PST BILL $9.99 SUCCESS
03 Apr 2008 18:02 PDT BILL $9.99 SUCCESS
29 May 2008 05:22 PDT BILL $9.99 SUCCESS
10 Jun 2008 17:21 PDT BILL $9.99 SUCCESS

how can i contact sega to fix this?

Realmz
Jun 13, 2008, 07:16 AM
customer service would probably be a good bet, they have an e-mail and phone number on the site...

Chris28
Jun 13, 2008, 08:01 AM
Could somebody possible send me the link so that I can send a support ticket. I can't seem to find it XD

relentless
Jun 13, 2008, 08:03 AM
Actually I still wonder why I'm able to log in. I thought the free period would end with this update. lol

Realmz
Jun 13, 2008, 08:12 AM
you and me Sekai, but i'm not one to complain about a free game =p

CelestialBlade
Jun 13, 2008, 10:05 AM
This is exactly why auto-rebill scares the hell out of me. The 6 month payment isn't automatic and it's actually cheaper in the long run.

McLaughlin
Jun 13, 2008, 10:22 AM
Once again, RubyEclipse claims that the free three weeks was only for people with cancelled subs, and wasn't guaranteed in the first place.

That wasn't what was implied, or even likely what they had intended, but that's how it turned out.

Vent
Jun 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
Actually I still wonder why I'm able to log in. I thought the free period would end with this update. lol

The free period was announced before the MAG extension got postponed. The original idea was that the free period included the MAG extension, MAG extension would've ended a week ago if it wasn't delayed(iirc). So I'm guessing Sega is waiting for after the extension before closing the free 'promo' period.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 13, 2008, 11:06 AM
http://help.sega.com

relentless
Jun 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
The free period was announced before the MAG extension got postponed. The original idea was that the free period included the MAG extension, MAG extension would've ended a week ago if it wasn't delayed(iirc). So I'm guessing Sega is waiting for after the extension before closing the free 'promo' period.

That sounds hot.

Golto
Jun 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
The current rumor going around is that it will bypass auth server for pc/ps2 until they get a new billing server sometime in July. So it will be free to pc/ps2 people with an account that is cancelled but not banned.

Cracka_J
Jun 13, 2008, 01:43 PM
The current rumor going around is that it will bypass auth server for pc/ps2 until they get a new billing server sometime in July. So it will be free to pc/ps2 people with an account that is cancelled but not banned.

This.
Get a refund on what you can, though submitting a ticket. Then cancel your account and enjoy the free ride until they get their new billing servers up and functional. Several people are still enjoying the "free period" even though it was officially taken away or whatever.

If it ain't fixed, don't pay for it. I've learned my lesson.
I'll resub, of course, as soon as I can't log in any longer...I wanted to switch to 6 month anyway to avoid this BS. So this is just a win/win situation for me. I haven't paid since April, so I'm going on over 2 months a month of free play now lol. Getting 065'd had it's benefits.

Edit: forgot they bill you at the start of the month, not once you've played a month haha. Much like rent ><. Guess I've only got a little over a month in free play ^^

Kylie
Jun 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
It's not a "free period" or a promotion. :lol: It was supposed to be, but it wasn't guaranteed! :roll: It was always just a temporary fix to the crappy billing issue(s). The free play thing was just them trying to make lemonade, and then they decided they couldn't do that or didn't want to, etc.

Kizeragi
Jun 13, 2008, 03:15 PM

Epic win.

Scottbot
Jun 13, 2008, 03:17 PM
i'm a bit unsure whats going on wiv my account as well on xbox. I pay monthly but its not debited my card for like over 2 months??

landman
Jun 14, 2008, 03:48 AM
I'm playing for free with my PSOBB cancelled subscription lol

A2K
Jun 14, 2008, 05:03 AM
i'm a bit unsure whats going on wiv my account as well on xbox. I pay monthly but its not debited my card for like over 2 months??

That's something you'll have to bother Microsoft about, as they handle the billing for the Xbox 360 version and is unrelated to anything happening on any other platform billing-wise.

Ken_Silver
Jun 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
I got billed recently, but I'm tired of all of the hassle and "loops" that I have to go through with Sega. I'm just going to let is slide. And I bet that's what they are betting on.

Damn you... Segac.