PDA

View Full Version : Forest Of Illusions

System-Id
Jun 13, 2008, 07:47 AM
Okay. Sooooooo i've been huntin it down
some ppl say the way to find it has changed?
Really dont get it? :-?
Anywho To Those that have found it Recently
how did you come upon it?

RegulusHikari
Jun 13, 2008, 07:48 AM
Running DG with at least 4 human players + NPCs.
We found it about 4 times in 50 runs. Leader got it every time.

System-Id
Jun 13, 2008, 08:07 AM
What was your method do everyone
leave party and check for themselves
or u stay in and the leader checks?

Saraphina
Jun 13, 2008, 08:43 AM
I'm pretty sure now if anyone in the party gets it that the leader can See FOI without anyone disbaning. So chances are those 4 outa 50 runs didn't go to that leader :p but he was able to flag it anyway and the longer you're in a mission now the better chance of geting it. I don't think going over 30 min helps anymore though

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 09:32 AM
You don't need to disband the party for rare free missions. (ie. FoI, MoI, etc) The chances increase as you have more party members in your party, and are in the mission for longer than 5 minutes. If it's under 5 minutes, there's no chance. :P Once you hit 30 minutes though, that's the highest you can go for percentage of how much you get it plus the member count of your party. So that means, get a party of 6, sit in the mission for 30 minutes, then finish the mission and hope you got it. =P

nightlights
Jun 13, 2008, 10:00 AM
sweet thanks for the info... do bots count as party members towards finding foi?

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:04 AM
sweet thanks for the info... do bots count as party members towards finding foi?

I don't think so, but then again, I could be wrong on that. I've never tested it personally with bots. I always have had more than enough friends to run with. =P

Darius_Drake
Jun 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
I actually found it by accident when I was trying to level up a skill and farm for metapolymers at the same time. I did have my bots with me. I was using six weak weapons so I could spam my photon art. It did take a while to finish the levels, but I actually found FOI. I actually found FOI at the first counter where you do Valley of Carnage. I was doing that mission over and over.

Saraphina
Jun 13, 2008, 10:14 AM
Interesting side note :p the last FOI party i was in had completed the mission and got it again right after finishing >.> I think its best to farm for it in a full pt cause chances are very high but you should aim for the harder moatoob missions so it takes longer hehe

McLaughlin
Jun 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
If you finish under 5 minutes there's a chance you can get FoI, but the chance won't be increased.

Dragonrider29
Jun 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
Running DG with at least 4 human players + NPCs.
We found it about 4 times in 50 runs. Leader got it every time.

Lawl, DG xD

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I demand royalties for you people using my name for a mission! >:O

dentRED
Jun 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
wait, i got a question... can you still get FoI if you successfully clear a mission then abandon and go back in?

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
wait, i got a question... can you still get FoI if you successfully clear a mission then abandon and go back in?

You're still going to a counter to look, are you not?

dentRED
Jun 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
well of course, its just that it has never happened to me.

Ethateral
Jun 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
It's the same concept of going to the next counter to see, just you abandoned and are looking at the previous counter. It shows up at any counter so.. :P

Darius_Drake
Jun 13, 2008, 10:58 AM

Definitely a yes. I found it last week by doing Valley of Carnage, abandon mission and trying to do Valley of Carnage again. I found it at that first counter. Just make sure you get your rewards for the mission and you will be fine.

r00tabaga
Jun 13, 2008, 11:37 AM
I'm glad he asked b/c I was wondering the same thing. Thx-

VivAviva
Jun 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
OR you can be helping a new friend out that is only level 11 so that you have to do a C run >.< you will find it right away then

Innominate
Jun 13, 2008, 12:45 PM
I've managed to be with people doing Desert Terror and we've had it 2 nights in a row. First night I had it. Lucky I checked since I was heading to bed before I was told to check for it. 2nd night my good friend had it. This being the first we've ever managed to get it.

RegulusHikari
Jun 13, 2008, 01:07 PM
What was your method do everyone
leave party and check for themselves
or u stay in and the leader checks?

Yes, we all disbanded to check for FoI separately.

Edit: However, I will note that the party leader never left his own party, only the rest of us disbanded.

System-Id
Jun 13, 2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks all for the info :D ^^;

Nirvash7
Jun 13, 2008, 07:06 PM
I got it this morning, but here's the weird thing. My friend just logged on, and wanted to know where Lonely Laboratory was. So he invited me, went to Galenigare Lake, got in the counter and there it was. He didn't do any missions. He just logged on. How does that work?

Cry0
Jun 14, 2008, 04:23 AM
Hey i got something weird yesterday. i just logged on, and got foi... don't you normally hv to do a mission first? Oo

IsoDonk
Jun 14, 2008, 05:06 AM
It happens sometimes. Not sure why but I got it the other day too before doing any missions.

Mawile
Jun 14, 2008, 05:38 AM
So wait the FoI changes are in now? The fact that you can have a higher chance by having more party members, and more time in the mission gives a better chance; I had no idea these were in already.

Coxy
Jun 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
apparently if you get it, you can log off, change worlds, go back to your room etc and it will still show in the counter as long as you don't do any other mission

Also, there is no need to disband the party as it will only show up for the leader of the party you are in now

Svaltus
Jun 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
My friend find FOI yesterday and i record and put in Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiovEF-3HNE

a-NUB-is
Jun 14, 2008, 02:19 PM
Did I see a red / force drop in those final boxes?

System-Id
Jun 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
Red / Force drops there yea when FOI first came out me and my friends got it like 3x second day got it once, ever since then havent see any forest :(

Zorafim
Jun 14, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm of the opinion that the rare mission requirements have changed already. I got it twice yesterday, from doing nothing but spamming the new mission with a full party of friends. Just going by that, it seems much more common, but we could have just been lucky. Though, I think a parallel party also got it as well.

Svaltus
Jun 15, 2008, 08:37 AM
Another friend find FOI, but this time in Cabo Base after us finished one Lonely laboratory mission!

Weird is in this lobby no have any mission avaliable and he find FOI! o.O

NDW
Jun 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
I don't think that the new method for finding rare missions is in right now. According to PSUPedia's article that lists future updates found here (http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule), the new method of finding rare missions is listed as a future update, which would mean that it is not in place now. But when it does come, here is the new way for when finding it:

"The method of finding rare free missions has been modified as follows:

* There is no need to disband after completing a mission, as only the current party leader will see a rare mission.

* The more party members you have, the higher your chances of finding a rare mission.

* Your chances of finding a rare mission also increase depending on the amount of time spent in a mission. However, spending more than thirty minutes in a mission will not increase your chances above the maximum probability. Also, if less than five minutes are spent in a single mission, there is no chance of a rare mission appearing."

Scottbot
Jun 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
what is the shortest moatoob mission time wise?

NDW
Jun 15, 2008, 02:45 PM
what is the shortest moatoob mission time wise?

System Defense C

Scottbot
Jun 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
haha your right i can do it in 2mins lol

Syl
Jun 15, 2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think that the new method for finding rare missions is in right now. According to PSUPedia's article that lists future updates found here (http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule), the new method of finding rare missions is listed as a future update, which would mean that it is not in place now.

Really? Because one of the GM's already said it was in and my group has been finding FoI a lot without having to disband.

Ri0T
Jun 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
Really? Because one of the GM's already said it was in and my group has been finding FoI a lot without having to disband.
Yeah, Melchior said the changes were in. It was right after they ended MAG. It was pretty much the only bit of good news they could give us at that time.

NDW
Jun 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Melchior said the changes were in. It was right after they ended MAG. It was pretty much the only bit of good news they could give us at that time.

Hmm, that's weird. Why would the new method to finding rare missions still be listed as a future update on PSUPedia's article for future updates then?

Ri0T
Jun 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
Dunno. Might be that no one that updates PSUpedia actually heard it, or so few people heard it that they couldn't confirm it. I don't think it was ever announced officially on PSU's website, although there might be a forum post somewhere, but i never looked for one. I heard it in-game from GM Melchior, shortly after the maintenance when MAG ended. I haven't heard anything else about it since.

In any case, PSUpedia isn't completely perfect. The people who update it are only human, and can make mistakes. Same goes for everything else. Melchior could have not known what he was talking about.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
Usually, I thought getting missons like FOI depends on the amount of luck your whole party has together... that or the GBR(Guardian Boost Road) points.

SEVENDUST
Jun 26, 2008, 01:15 AM
dude its all about running it over and over again... break up the party see if any1 has it make them leader... we tryed 6 hours one day and nothing, 8 hours the next day still nothing then tryed again and got it second try. its all luck, and luck helps if u have it.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 01:20 AM

He also told espio, he has it somewhere in PSUpedia, that he made a mistake about telling people the changes were in when they werent :P lol