PDA

View Full Version : Increased Item Rate

Sydney
Jan 25, 2003, 05:58 AM
So if the "telepipe trick" increases rare enemy apearrances, is there any way to increase the chance of rare weapon drops?

Sedyne
Jan 25, 2003, 06:04 AM
No.

Jack
Jan 25, 2003, 09:42 AM
Rare enemies are supposed to drop rare items more often, so you could put it like that.

CajunSamurai
Jan 25, 2003, 09:55 AM
It's been speculated that more playtime on a character results in more frequent rare item drops, and I SWEAR, it seems like that works for me. At least on V1 and 2.
Course, this version is much different, so it's really anyone's guess. I have noticed I've been getting some pretty sweet stuff lately with my FOmar (a little over 200 hours now), but it could be a fluke. No one really knows for sure.

Sedyne
Jan 25, 2003, 10:06 AM
Duh rare items obviously has to do with time spent playing the game, however i'm more than sure it doesn't have anything to do with the time on your PSO Character Time.

Play more=More chance of seeing more rares=more chance of seeing rare rares=better rares for j00

Elixer
Jan 25, 2003, 04:09 PM
no wish you could though

Savrak
Jan 25, 2003, 06:38 PM
In V.1 and V.2 whenever you approached a 100 hour increment and a little after wards you found more rares then normally. It's also when i found my first set of red daggers (200 hours) my 3 stag cutlerys (100 hours) and dozens of normal double sabers (each 100 hours)

Mike
Jan 25, 2003, 06:53 PM
I have a theory:

The less common an enemy is, the more often it will drop rares. The more common, the less often a rare will drop. Inverse proportions!

Goza
Jan 26, 2003, 12:10 AM
I think the rarity of the item factors in too, obviously. It's probably a proportion. For example, if you do FIY on different difficulties, you'll tend to get drops more reliably on Al than Pal Rappy because the Al has lower star drops than the Pal.

Ashram
Jan 26, 2003, 01:00 AM
On 2003-01-25 21:10, Goza wrote:
I think the rarity of the item factors in too, obviously. It's probably a proportion. For example, if you do FIY on different difficulties, you'll tend to get drops more reliably on Al than Pal Rappy because the Al has lower star drops than the Pal.

So basically what you are saying is, the rarer the monster the rarer the weapon but the less rare the monster the more frequently drops items? So you need to balance rarity and frequency to get something somewhat regularily?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashram on 2003-01-25 22:00 ]</font>

CajunSamurai
Jan 26, 2003, 02:20 AM
On 2003-01-25 15:38, Savrak wrote:
In V.1 and V.2 whenever you approached a 100 hour increment and a little after wards you found more rares then normally. It's also when i found my first set of red daggers (200 hours) my 3 stag cutlerys (100 hours) and dozens of normal double sabers (each 100 hours)

Exactly... Obviously the more time you spend on the game, the more stuff you'll find, but when I was approaching 500 hours on PSO V2, I was FREQUENTLY finding rares, and I'm not talkin' Varistas. o_O No idea if it's like that on this version.

Jace_100
Jan 26, 2003, 03:16 AM
i definetly see some validity in the higher the clock umber = better rares theory. All yesterday i spent time offline raising a "mag" (lvl 5 starting mag) into a mag that can use a Chao cell (all stats 35) this took me 14 hours. 14 hours of standing in front of the item shop feeding a mag and buying antidotes, nothing more.

so when i got it all done i figured i would show my new pal (the chao) around the mines offline in V.Hard.

Well this 1 time thru i got 4 rares: 1 P.Drop, a Kaladblog (sp), a Guilty light, and something else... i dont recall.

But anyway that proved that theory for me

FH_PhoenixFlame
Jan 26, 2003, 09:56 AM
On 2003-01-25 15:53, Mike wrote:
I have a theory:

The less common an enemy is, the more often it will drop rares. The more common, the less often a rare will drop. Inverse proportions!

lol, i have proof this is wrong, ust last night I found 2 JUSTYs from 2 VULMERS in 2 runs in ult caves, I found no other rares that night http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Goza
Jan 26, 2003, 11:00 AM
On 2003-01-25 22:00, Ashram wrote:

On 2003-01-25 21:10, Goza wrote:

So basically what you are saying is, the rarer the monster the rarer the weapon but the less rare the monster the more frequently drops items? So you need to balance rarity and frequency to get something somewhat regularily?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashram on 2003-01-25 22:00 ]</font>

Something like that, yes. If you've noticed, it is easier to get rares in VHard then Ultimate, and that may be because the monsters are the same rarity, but the items are fewer stars.

Also, people report having a wicked time getting items like the 1975 Agito and Lavis Cannons and such, but a fairly easy time piping for lower star items from Pals and Red Slimes.

Webapprentice
Jan 26, 2003, 11:38 AM
I have over 300 hours clocked on one character, and I have a tough time getting 10-star weapons. I have an easier time receiving standard 9-star weapons for the given ID. I think the item drop algorithm will remain a mystery for a little while longer.

Heresme89
Jan 26, 2003, 12:04 PM
also more rares come up (better percentages) when you hit levels, 11,21,31,41,51. . . and so on or it could be 11,22,33 I still havent figured which one out yet but im 60% that it works. ALso youll get more higher star items or rare green box items (mats) after you beat an area. (% goes up) and I pretty sure beats have nothing to do with anything.

Auracom
Jan 26, 2003, 12:25 PM
Somethings man is not meant to know...

Johan
Jan 26, 2003, 12:48 PM
We should ask Barubary if he can shed any light on THIS kinda thing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jiggga
Jan 26, 2003, 12:55 PM
my guess would be the more difficult the monster rather than frequency of that monster.. although stronger monsters tend to be less fequent... to make a long story short, this post has no purpose.