PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun spread nerf?

Mag_Launcher
Jun 13, 2008, 02:37 PM
Uhhhh... is it just me, or has the 5 shot shotgun spread somehow gotten wider after today's update? I notice I'm missing stray pellets at ranges I used to hit all 5 with, so what's the deal? Am I just seeing things or was there really a change the other people besides me notice?

EMPYREAN
Jun 13, 2008, 03:22 PM
i cant see any change in shotty spread at all.

Realmz
Jun 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
technically, since the original purpose of the shotgun is to hit many enemies with one shot, wouldn't a wider spread technically be a buff?

EMPYREAN
Jun 13, 2008, 03:32 PM
naa, if it gets widen then ther wil bee to mutsh space between the shot fragments. only thing i belive will widen the shotty spread is if we get a 6th fragment.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 13, 2008, 03:52 PM
Huh, maybe it really was just me, then... it just seems different than it used to be.

Zarode
Jun 13, 2008, 03:52 PM
That's stupid.

A wider spread would be better, thus it would splash damage more enemies. Sadly, there has been NO BUFF/NERF TO THE SPREAD.

I mean, I would know. Shotguns are my main weapon.

Nirvash7
Jun 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
Another thing people might not've noticed is they fixed the glitch with the Ryusaikanoc and the Bulletdanced, but you still can't sell them.

Neith
Jun 13, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'd like to know what people mean when they say the Ryusaikanoc isn't sellable. I have one, and when I go to NPC it, there's a price written next to it. Obviously I don't actually sell the thing (i use it), but it now has a sell price.

If you can't find it in searches, it apparently appears when you search for the Ryusaikanoh.

This is off-topic though, considering the topic had nothing really to do with those glitches :lol:

Proff
Jun 13, 2008, 07:37 PM
I might be wrong, but I noticed recently that the AOE that each bullet once had, has either been reduced or removed completely. At one time, I remember hitting 8+ enemies in a line with 5 bullets. Maybe you still can and I'm just mistaken. I don't use shotties too often.

Syl
Jun 13, 2008, 08:03 PM
I might be wrong, but I noticed recently that the AOE that each bullet once had, has either been reduced or removed completely. At one time, I remember hitting 8+ enemies in a line with 5 bullets. Maybe you still can and I'm just mistaken. I don't use shotties too often.

Well if it means anything, I can hit 7 targets with mine at lvl 11 (4 bullets).

Zarode
Jun 13, 2008, 08:04 PM

Still can, just you haven't used them all to often.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 13, 2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, you can sell the Ryusaikanoc now. Search Kubara, 10* minimum/maximum, Laser Cannon, and type "-Meteor -Neddle" or "-Cannoc" to cancel out the other two. Unfortunately, typing "Ryusaikanoc" won't net any results, because last time I checked, it wasn't a search query.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 13, 2008, 09:43 PM
I can hit 8 targets

with a level 11 bullet shotgun

Don't see no nerf lol

Number6
Jun 14, 2008, 01:17 AM
explain to me how you are hitting 8 targets with 3 to 5 bullets, please.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
When enemies are close enough together (or a large enemy has multiple target areas), it's possible for a shotgun bullet to go sorta between them and hit both. This is, of course, easiest and usually most rewarding to pull off up close with concentrated fire (easy way to double your damage output) but if you're far from enemies and letting your buckshot spread out, these individual bullets could still hit enemies...it's just harder to pull off like that.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 14, 2008, 02:28 AM
It's quite nice

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2008, 06:13 AM
I wasn't talking about the "double hit" capability of the bullets, I'm talking about the total width of the spread. It's a VERY subtle widening of the spread radius. (And to me, I consider that a nerf, as I fight with it up close with concentrated fire.) Perhaps this was something recently changed in Japan to spite the GMs who use shotguns the same fashion I do, because we all know ST loves to give us nerfs early.

Two people I know who use shotguns also felt like something seemed a bit off when I asked them if shotgun felt a bit different. I dunno, I'm not properly convinced nothing was changed here.

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck... well, you know. Apparently I was seeing things, it's still the same offline. Unless they patched offline, too, but we all know ST doesn't patch offline ever, so that's kinda out of the question. So now we can let this topic die along with what little credibility I may have had before this.