PDA

View Full Version : mics

mario20061
Jun 14, 2008, 08:38 AM
Just a quick qoustion there are people how u now are useing a mic but u carnt here then at all is there a way 2 sort that out or not ??

Realmz
Jun 14, 2008, 09:10 AM
what?

Wiz
Jun 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
what?
Hmm...let me try to fix it...

Just a quick question: you know how there are people using a mic, but you can't hear them at all? Is there a way to sort that out or not?
Uber-fix'd.

As for the answer, I dunno lol. I'm on PC.

nightlights
Jun 14, 2008, 09:32 AM
if you get everyone to disband the party and reform that helps sometimes. if that doesn't work have everyone to turn there xbox off the back on and reform. that always works.

mooonbow
Jun 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
sumtimes i get this problem we try the disban theory. if that fails we run to are rooms. if that fails we say F it and suffer. or restart the xbox

Brainwrecked
Jun 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
Voice chat on the 360:

First, make sure someone doesn't have their preferences set to disable voice chat. Parental controls and all for the XBox 360. I think you can set voice chat to all, friends only, or none, but I'm not sure.

Next, go to System > Network Settings > Test XBox Live Connect. Does the last test (NAT) say Open? Open is good. Moderate and Strict are going to cause problems. Go here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/troubleshootliveconnection-testnat.htm) for more info

Make sure Universal Plug N Play is enabled on the router, or use Port Triggering, or assign your 360 a static IP and use Port Forwarding. UPnP is far far easier, but for the nit-picky or those stuck without UPnP, I've documented the ports multiple XBox 360s use (http://brainwreckedtech.wordpress.com/2008/03/08/more-ports-on-xbox-live/).

If voice chat still isn't working, keep in mind you've only diagnosed the XBox 360 and your router. There may be other devices on your LAN interfering with your XBox 360.

Also keep in mind the problem may not be on your end.

nightlights
Jun 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
90% of the time. just reboot.

Ethateral
Jun 14, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sometimes it doesn't work for two of my good friends. They are always the two that can't hear each other, it's funny. To fix it, we just run to N+ and it fixes it for them, it's really weird. O.o;

A2K
Jun 15, 2008, 03:20 AM
You should probably have a USB keyboard around to fall back on, regardless.

Iduno
Jun 15, 2008, 03:35 AM
You should probably have a USB keyboard around to fall back on, regardless.

yeah

personaly I think its a problem with segac servers since the ONLY games I have this problem on are this and chtomehounds and guess who runs the servers?

R2D6battlebot
Jun 15, 2008, 05:51 AM
yeah

personaly I think its a problem with segac servers since the ONLY games I have this problem on are this and chtomehounds and guess who runs the servers?

It's not a Sega-only problem at all actually, its your router. Your router and the other persons' are in conflict with each other, and that makes you unable to hear each other. The guy who posted earlier listed many ways to solve this, but the easiest way would be simply to direct connect your 360 to the modem, although I understand for some people this is either inconvenient or impossible. Its not a Sega-only problem, I have this problem on multiple games in one form or another, on Command and Conquer 3, if I have my router on and I search for games my box will just freeze if I run into someone's room that my router doesnt like. On The Orange Box, there are some games I cannot join because my router just says 'nah'. Either way, the simple solution for me is to just take the router off when I play those games.

Iduno
Jun 15, 2008, 05:54 AM
It's not a Sega-only problem at all actually, its your router. Your router and the other persons' are in conflict with each other, and that makes you unable to hear each other. The guy who posted earlier listed many ways to solve this, but the easiest way would be simply to direct connect your 360 to the modem, although I understand for some people this is either inconvenient or impossible. Its not a Sega-only problem, I have this problem on multiple games in one form or another, on Command and Conquer 3, if I have my router on and I search for games my box will just freeze if I run into someone's room that my router doesnt like. On The Orange Box, there are some games I cannot join because my router just says 'nah'. Either way, the simple solution for me is to just take the router off when I play those games.

Thats weird because its only ever happened with segac games for me so maybe everyone with routers that dont like eachother congregate there?

(Could it be crappy netcode allowing this to happen instead then?)

Brainwrecked
Jun 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
I believe voice chat goes through the xbox live servers and not through any game servers. Evidence: you can still play PSU online even though voice chat isn't working. If voice and game data were going to the same destination (game server), they'd either both work or both not work.

Also consider: (MM)ORPGs are the only type of game that still use a central server. Games like Halo use more of a P2P model. Since there's no guarantee of a central game server, you can't send voice data there. What you can do is set up a central voice chat server and give your game developers the APIs to incorporate that into their games.

TL;DR version: Voice data and game data don't go to the same places on XBox 360.

A2K
Jun 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
Thats weird because its only ever happened with segac games for me so maybe everyone with routers that dont like eachother congregate there?

(Could it be crappy netcode allowing this to happen instead then?)

It isn't just Sega games. Similar issues for other games are well-documented.

The problem manifests differently in other games, but the cause is pretty much the same: players are unable to connect to one another. I have issues hearing people on PSU, but on other games (most recently, GTA IV), I simply cannot play multiplayer on that because someone incompatible joins and I get ousted.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 15, 2008, 10:01 AM
An easy way to test if your router is in conflict with the other person's or if someone needs to reset the 360 is to simply send them a Private Chat invite. If they can join it, then you just need to do some resetting somewhere and it should be fine. If they cant accept the invite, then one of your routers' needs to be reconfigured or removed in order for you to hear them.