PDA

View Full Version : bottom line fastest solo class etc..

HadesAlmighty
Jun 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
I want to know simply, what is the best class weps needed and pa's needed for the absolute consistent fastest solo runs.

RegulusHikari
Jun 14, 2008, 09:23 PM
Fortefighter/Fighmaster with Jabroga/Majarra.

Turb0
Jun 14, 2008, 09:24 PM
Depends on the mission. Probably fortefighter for most, but for something like desert goliath fortegunner is fastest.

HadesAlmighty
Jun 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
could you tell me what weps Jabroga/Majarra are for...thanks

Pandaling
Jun 14, 2008, 09:41 PM
jaboga = axe
majarra = spear

both are traded from PA frags (jabroga is 99, majarra is 30) in Moatoob

chaostroop3
Jun 14, 2008, 10:02 PM
all around i would say protranser

but on some missons FF would be best and some FG would be best and any misson with robots FT is best (except GOF use razonde there and nosdiga on other robots(thats what i do atleast)

LuigiMario
Jun 14, 2008, 10:07 PM
Fortegunner EVERYWHERE untill they remove that mechglitch. ;)

chaostroop3
Jun 14, 2008, 10:19 PM
-.-; dident you get kicked off leader boards for that

HadesAlmighty
Jun 14, 2008, 10:51 PM
whats the deal with slicers, i also heard those were uber strong but something about them getting nerfed...are they good anymore?

pikachief
Jun 14, 2008, 11:06 PM

that was someone else lol

and i can run white beast solo in 11 min and duel in the ruins in 5 min i think FG can still solo fine if not second best!

BFGfreak
Jun 14, 2008, 11:55 PM
that was someone else lol

and i can run white beast solo in 11 min and duel in the ruins in 5 min i think FG can still solo fine if not second best!
That 5 minutes, is that counting the boss as well?

pikachief
Jun 15, 2008, 12:38 AM
yes 5 min including boss(both times are with boss, altsersagoug or w/e is quicker for some reason lol), i have ult grenade the boss takes a few seconds lol everytime i got double agito hunting i get 2 twin tornados before i get my double agito lol

whats the deal with slicers, i also heard those were uber strong but something about them getting nerfed...are they good anymore?

they're still really good at a high level with a group of enemies :D just not as super strong as it used to be :P

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2008, 12:43 AM
Why the crave to use the easy way out?

LuigiMario
Jun 15, 2008, 12:45 AM

Me? No.

LuigiMario
Jun 15, 2008, 01:40 AM
That was BERTHA!

LuigiMario
Jun 15, 2008, 01:40 AM
yes 5 min including boss(both times are with boss, altsersagoug or w/e is quicker for some reason lol), i have ult grenade the boss takes a few seconds lol everytime i got double agito hunting i get 2 twin tornados before i get my double agito lol

they're still really good at a high level with a group of enemies :D just not as super strong as it used to be :P

Not too long ago, you disliked them.

BFGfreak
Jun 15, 2008, 11:27 AM

Ok I'd have to see that, I thought 11 minutes was fast.

But anyway, for OP, Boma Duranga makes a long boss fight ungodly short. (De ragnus only lasts a minute, and my PA is only lv16)

Scottbot
Jun 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
just out of curiosity... is there a video or anything that shows this mech glitch.? not cos i wanna go and ruin everyones games before anyone starts.

chaostroop3
Jun 15, 2008, 11:47 AM
oh ok.... bad bertha

Alastor_Haven
Jun 15, 2008, 12:08 PM
Inb4 e-peen Speed Run pictures

But imo

It's probably FF with Majira and Jabroga

jayster
Jun 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
Ok I'd have to see that, I thought 11 minutes was fast.

But anyway, for OP, Boma Duranga makes a long boss fight ungodly short. (De ragnus only lasts a minute, and my PA is only lv16)

I used to run that when my cast was between level 85-100 FG 15 and I could easily do it 9-11mins. I haven't done it since I capped my Cast, leveled my pa's, and we can't forget.... paradi cataract!

So yeah, I can see 5 mins being realistic, if you skip stuff.

Para
Jun 16, 2008, 06:03 AM
DPS is the issue and FF is the king of dishing out damage.
Majarra is probably the go to guy PA for most situations where as Jabroga you would use if you were to kill most of the targetted mob or aiming for a large monster because if you don't kill... running around to kill each one that has been knocked away in different directions means lower dps...

Anyone having qualms about supporting slicers?

Tiyr
Jun 16, 2008, 09:02 AM
I'm gonna go with the people who said it depends on the mission. I can't say I've tried it personally, but I would find it hard to believe that a FF could get through Desert Goliath faster than a FT with leveled techs or a FG with killer shot.

There aren't that many mobs with melee resistance, though, so by and large FF would be fine. Personally, though, when soloing I like to have more versatility. Gets less frustrating when you do encounter resistant mobs.

New_One
Jun 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
Gunmaster + attack speed boost + 50% element laser cannon pa's = faaaaaast

Andy1423
Jun 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
I've come to realize it really doesn't matter if you have awesome weaponry and GOOD/high lvl skills. Plus, you have to adjust for the type of attack methods you'll be using as so no to get hit/interupted when posting up for Laser murder, or Jarborga slaughter.

Also, don't forget that a FG can use Dus Majjara.

So I guess what the poster is really asking is what can he do to "kit out" his character type.

I think they pretty Much covered ForteFighter. Jarborga, Mujjara, and It's always nice to have Assult Crush for a quick finisher. As far as weapons go I can't really say for sure, but....

As a Ranger. You want one Super grinded Shotgun w/ (at least if not all) Ice, Dark.

LASER cannon, (your best friend for thinning out mobs) w/ pretty much opposing elements to really max out your damage. (cheap way to get power is buy a Meteor Cannon with at least 7+ on it...cheap and decent damage if a needle cannon or more is too rich.)

Deffinatly at least 2 Rifles. Both set up with a support element and a Pure Damage element. I preffer in combos ICE(support)/DARK(damage hp red.) or LIGHT(support)/FIRE(damage hp red.)

It also very handy for 1 Good pair of TWIN Handguns. (recently I've been using twin maylee for it's neutral bullet, but Ice is also very handy when you've got nasty's around.)

Cracka_J
Jun 16, 2008, 10:01 AM
Amaury makes me hate my life.

I dunno why that guy continues to think that shyt is funny.
If only psu supported a "lynch" function.

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
I've come to realize it really doesn't matter if you have awesome weaponry and GOOD/high lvl skills. Plus, you have to adjust for the type of attack methods you'll be using as so no to get hit/interupted when posting up for Laser murder, or Jarborga slaughter.

Also, don't forget that a FG can use Dus Majjara.

So I guess what the poster is really asking is what can he do to "kit out" his character type.

I think they pretty Much covered ForteFighter. Jarborga, Mujjara, and It's always nice to have Assult Crush for a quick finisher. As far as weapons go I can't really say for sure, but....

As a Ranger. You want one Super grinded Shotgun w/ (at least if not all) Ice, Dark.

LASER cannon, (your best friend for thinning out mobs) w/ pretty much opposing elements to really max out your damage. (cheap way to get power is buy a Meteor Cannon with at least 7+ on it...cheap and decent damage if a needle cannon or more is too rich.)

Deffinatly at least 2 Rifles. Both set up with a support element and a Pure Damage element. I preffer in combos ICE(support)/DARK(damage hp red.) or LIGHT(support)/FIRE(damage hp red.)

It also very handy for 1 Good pair of TWIN Handguns. (recently I've been using twin maylee for it's neutral bullet, but Ice is also very handy when you've got nasty's around.)

yup i have twin ruby's with me, mizurakahoh(hunting for rattlesnake replacement) and blackbull, 8/10 van brella and just got my last elemental shotgun to 31+ last night, and i carry my ult grenade with a song for death for dragons :P

Darius_Drake
Jun 16, 2008, 11:12 AM
My main is a ForteFighter and I have both Majarra and Jabroga leveled up to 40 and I can easily say that I will never believe a ForteFighter could do Desert Goliath faster than a ForteGunner. The fastest job to me depends on the mission. I don't think there is a single class that can claim a fastest time on every mission. Instead of trying to see what is the ultimate speed class, just decide how you want to play. I think the ultimate speed class at the moment is Forte, all Fortes. In a little while it will probably be the Master classes.

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2008, 01:33 PM
Amaury makes me hate my life.

I dunno why that guy continues to think that shyt is funny.
If only psu supported a "lynch" function.

Ive come to the conclusion that he is just one of those kids that has nothing else to do with his life but spam PSU. You cant hold a conversation with him without hearing him babble about how awesome Lou and the other fucking NPCs are, like anyone will ever notice and nobody will ever care.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 16, 2008, 05:57 PM
I watched some videos of Amaury doing stupid stuff like that. I do not understand why some people like to mimic NPCs these days...

Kerry157
Jun 17, 2008, 03:34 AM
I like AT for soloing.

DreXxiN
Jun 17, 2008, 07:05 AM
As of right now, FF with Jabroga for large spawns, mop them up with majarra, and I usually pistol the remaining small baddies while strafing to the next area or Assault Crush the big ones.

Occasionaly on bosses I'll use Cross Hurricane instead of Majarra, but only when it won't get interrupted.

Also, Fortetechers might be able to do DG faster solo than fortegunners, even though I'm not sure about that speculation since even Killer shot at SE3 (11-20) seems to tear things up pretty good.

Cry0
Jun 17, 2008, 07:58 AM
slicers are still decent. Although in solo play they might not always be of use.

Hrith
Jun 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
Also, Fortetechers might be able to do DG faster solo than fortegunners, even though I'm not sure about that speculation since even Killer shot at SE3 (11-20) seems to tear things up pretty good.http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/desert_goliath_solo_time3.jpg
Not quite.

Fortetechers are slower at killing robots, whether it's with earth techs or Megid, and they are a lot slower at killing the boss.

Fortegunner is the fastest solo class, period.
Fortefighter is only better if you suck at Fortegunner.

kyle21
Jun 17, 2008, 10:39 AM

Get a slicer with good % and grinds and use Chikki Kyoren-jin at lv 11+, you can clear a room fairly fast with little effort.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 11:29 AM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/desert_goliath_solo_time3.jpg
Not quite.

Fortetechers are slower at killing robots, whether it's with earth techs or Megid, and they are a lot slower at killing the boss.

no FG is only better if your not talking to a FF with really high percent high grinded weapons with lvl 40 PAs

trust me a fighter can out-do a gunner, just not by much ;)

also how do u do that run so fast? :( it took me 19 min last night at my fastest time and i was half asleep (i fell asleep for a few seconds in the boss fight lol)

Eleina
Jun 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/desert_goliath_solo_time3.jpg

Cast fF 130/20 - 50% Muktrand, 42% Ank zagza & a Muktengek gives..
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/eleina01/DGS2_12min.jpg

Do you suck at fortegunner? :(

Bottom line is that fF > all when it comes to soloing (when it comes to going the fastest)

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
Cast fF 130/20 - 50% Muktrand, 42% Ank zagza & a Muktengek gives..
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/eleina01/DGS2_12min.jpg

Do you suck at fortegunner? :(

Bottom line is that fF > all when it comes to soloing (when it comes to going the fastest)

like i said, high percent weapons wtih high lvl PAs will out-do a FG in any run, a beast would've done it like in 11 min lol

gunners will always be second best tho, also lol on that 1 HP :D

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 01:40 PM
it used to take me 25-30 min just to solo this run and now it takes me 17 min! yay for improvement!