PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Warning!! Room glitch

AuroraBlaze
Jun 15, 2008, 12:16 AM
I am getting in game mails warning me to lock my room because hackers are on the loose! Just wanted to warn everyone. I don't know how or what they are doing, but it's kinda weird. If you do a condition shop search for a Railgun, one shows up for sale for $1 in a players shop, ( I wont say names, player #20036680). If you try to go to that shop, you end up in someone elses room that's completely empty and they DON"T have a shop there. It's weird. The room you end up in doesnt have a players name just <3.
I dont know if this is anything to worry about, just thought I would try to warn and inform.

unicorn
Jun 15, 2008, 12:25 AM
Shiiiiii---- thats kinda scary. Well I dunno if its valid or not, but thanks for the heads up.

zanotam
Jun 15, 2008, 12:35 AM
How is someone selling something in game for real money? Oh, and who are you and why should we care and/or believe you.

xXJoshXx
Jun 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
wow zanotam sounds like a real ass i would be laughing like hell if he or her got hacked

beatrixkiddo
Jun 15, 2008, 12:38 AM
Nobody got hacked, lol. Adelita remade that character without closing the shop, and the shop listing is still there.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
Just a room glitch

Nothing more

Syl
Jun 15, 2008, 12:39 AM
Ah, this isn't hacking lol. It's a room glitch. My belief is that they close their shop with the item still in the shop. Whenever you go to that person's room, it's still under their same account.

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 12:42 AM
We should call this glitch, the Ghost Shop Glitch.

Makes sense, right?

AuroraBlaze
Jun 15, 2008, 12:51 AM
they are selling it for 1 meseta, my bad guess thats not the same as $. w/e I was just trying to be nice. Ive had friends that got hacked and now they no longer play and its a shame.

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 12:53 AM
I understand the urge to warn people. Because with PSU...

Hackingisseriousbusiness :disapprove:

AuroraBlaze
Jun 15, 2008, 12:54 AM
Nobody got hacked, lol. Adelita remade that character without closing the shop, and the shop listing is still there.

Well that probably explains it. Weird glitch though.

zanotam
Jun 15, 2008, 01:11 AM
PSU: So easy a caveman could hack it.
That was the best signature ever.

Dhylec
Jun 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
I saw this glitch last night. I condition searched an item @ 1 meseta, & ended up in someone else room. There is no shop & the name isn't what the search shows. I thought that was strange.

Powder Keg
Jun 15, 2008, 09:18 AM
That's odd..the character gets replaced but the shop listing remains?

Brainwrecked
Jun 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
This isn't PC/PS2 specific. I'm on the 360 side, and once (but only once) I've run across a shop that was selling something for 1 Meseta. I went to the room expecting a griefer that was going to attempt to up the price when I entered the shop, but there was no shop to be found. It was the correct player's room, just no shop. Figured that the player either closed shop or had their account closed.

EspioKaos
Jun 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
As an aside, these phantom shops should disappear for good with the shop listing purge the servers receive each time they come back up from maintenance. I guess that's a plus of the practice that I didn't realize until now.

Brainwrecked
Jun 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
As an aside, these phantom shops should disappear for good with the shop listing purge the servers receive each time they come back up from maintenance. I guess that's a plus of the practice that I didn't realize until now.

Actually, there should be no need for a purge. Knowing what I do about databases, I don't see the logic in Sega doing this. You'd have a table that lists shops, and a table with items in shops, with the latter linking to the former. DELETE * FROM PLAYER_SHOP_ITEMS WHERE SHOP_ID = [shop_id]. Boom, none of this 1 Meseta stuff.

Unless Sega's automatically moving items from your shop back into your PM when you close shop. Then that requires a TRANSACTION to ensure that all items are moved. But why do that? You lose stuff in your PM if you delete a character. Just warn the player that if they close shop, all items in the shop will be lost.

Innominate
Jun 15, 2008, 11:14 AM
I have/had a phantom shop on my main. Rooms been locked since the most recent incident of it. I could unlock my room and see if it still happens.

Ahkaskar
Jun 15, 2008, 04:03 PM
One of my friends hadn't had anything in his shop for a few weeks, but people were still coming by, looking for items.

Indica
Jun 15, 2008, 04:30 PM
His room is not empty anymore, I just flooded it with Toilets!! LOL

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_291.jpg

Dhylec
Jun 15, 2008, 05:32 PM
I think that's the glitched room I saw. Heh, looks like it's been toileted. ;D

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
:etongue::etongue:this reminds me of a story... *flashback*
One day, I went to see if I can buy a well grinded, nice atribute kan yu for a cheap price. When i looked at the list, an 6/10 Agito Repca 30% dark popped up for 1 meseta. I went into the room to buy it. When I went to the bot, it was still there. I was about to buy it, but then I thought that it was a trick, to scam me of all my money(i carried about 95mil on me). So, I left and deposited my cash, took out 1 meseta, and went back to the room. When I looked at the list, it was not there. *End flashback* I should have gotten it.

Lumenesca
Jun 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
His room is not empty anymore, I just flooded it with Toilets!! LOL

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_291.jpg

That is so full of win right there. :3

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 16, 2008, 12:50 AM
I should put a Repca in a shop for 1 meseta and then close down the shop with it still there, permanantly leaving Repca in shop limbo to drive people crazy.

Para
Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 AM
Phantom Item Shop... sounds glitchy

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2008, 01:35 PM

/thread

Elley
Jun 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Ahh the PC version....

it's things like this that make me happy they segregated our 360 servers from that crap.

Cracka_J
Jun 16, 2008, 02:05 PM
Ahh the PC version....

it's things like this that make me happy they segregated our 360 servers from that crap.

ugh, keep the flamebait comments to yourself, and actually read the thread.

it's a glitch that happens on both servers, all versions of the game.
has nothing to do with hacking -_-