PDA

View Full Version : Item Where can I find item drop rates?

EtherForce
Jun 15, 2008, 11:37 AM
I was looking through the PSU item database here on PSO-world and I noticed there doesn't seem to be any droprate information. I remember I used to get PSO droprate info from this site all the time. What is up with that? :-?
And does anybody know where I can find this information?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/EtherForce/PSOworlddroprate.jpg

relentless
Jun 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
Droprates? I haven't heard that word for a long time now. There are no specific droprates for items.

Ryna
Jun 15, 2008, 11:40 AM
I was looking through the PSU item database here on PSO-world and I noticed there doesn't seem to be any droprate information. I remember I used to get PSO droprate info from this site all the time. What is up with that? :-?
And does anybody know where I can find this information?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/EtherForce/PSOworlddroprate.jpg

Only Sonic Team knows the droprates for this game. No official data has ever been published and I've never seen anyone conduct a large-scale research effort to find them out.

EtherForce
Jun 15, 2008, 11:47 AM
Ah well that stinks. Guess it's just guess and check then.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 15, 2008, 12:03 PM
Drop rates huh?

When did that happen <.<

But yeah, No specific drop rates

A2K
Jun 15, 2008, 12:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, PSO's drop rate information was present in the client-side data (game disc) and was eventually pulled out of that. For Phantasy Star Universe, though, the server at the other end handles that entirely, so it's out of our reach.

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yes, it does seem that most of the drop rates are adjusted by ST whenever they feel. In my opinion, I haven't seen any items in this game that have been extremely hard to find such as a Sealed J-Sword for instance.

You can still get a rough idea of how valuable or rare an item can be in this game by checking the shop prices on the item in question, or by word of mouth.

Lumenesca
Jun 15, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hmm... PSUPedia?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jun 15, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hmm... PSUPedia?No, no one knows specific drop rates for anything on PSU, and it will likely remain that way (provided someone doesn't hack the server code).

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, PSO's drop rate information was present in the client-side data (game disc) and was eventually pulled out of that. For Phantasy Star Universe, though, the server at the other end handles that entirely, so it's out of our reach.

Exactly. What do you guys mean by "No specific drop rate"? If they didn't have drop rates, they wouldn't drop at all.

Proff
Jun 16, 2008, 07:41 AM
I think the drop-rate data is in the patch files. Same with stuff like PA leveling rate, PA damage (like nerf on slicer PA) etc. I think this because everytime a change like that comes out (and I play on the PS2 at least), I have to download a new patch. Not for new missions or things of that nature though.