PDA

View Full Version : AotI SE5 LV 41+ Rifle Bullets

Indica
Jun 15, 2008, 01:28 PM
I did a search but unable to find any videos on this.

When we get SE5 can we Silence, Sleep, Stun a Jarba or other big monsters that you normally cant with SE4 ?

RegulusHikari
Jun 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
The large enemies in question probably are immune to those SEs, as opposed to having too high of an STA.

amtalx
Jun 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
All large mob creatures are immune to Incapacitate, Shock, Confuse, and Silence. You can put them to Sleep, but Sleep sucks. Also, there is no Stun bullet, so we wouldn't be able to do that anyway.

New_One
Jun 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
I think there is an unreleased rifle ult pa with stun, but it'll probably be around SE3 at the most or something..

NDW
Jun 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
All large mob creatures are immune to Incapacitate, Shock, Confuse, and Silence. You can put them to Sleep, but Sleep sucks. Also, there is no Stun bullet, so we wouldn't be able to do that anyway.

Technically there is a stun bullet, Masei-sou (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1297/masei_sou/) for the longbow. Not a rifle bullet, but still a stun bullet.

Indica
Jun 15, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sucks Bows don't get Knock down and SE5, I think they fire slower. Also don't Master Gunners get to fire faster also?

NDW
Jun 15, 2008, 02:50 PM
Sucks Bows don't get Knock down and SE5, I think they fire slower. Also don't Master Gunners get to fire faster also?

Bows fire slower because they have more Att. than rifles. And yes, Gunmaster along with Fighmaster and Masterforce attack quicker like an Acro- class.

Manticore
Jun 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
holy COW, how the heck do you get a rifle PA to that lvl?
I gave up after like, lvl 4. ;_;

Endykins
Jun 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
holy COW, how the heck do you get a rifle PA to that lvl?
I gave up after like, lvl 4. ;_;

Many Many many hours of effort smashing a button/key. Or afk leveling the bullet. Either way in enough time you'll have em high!

Golto
Jun 15, 2008, 03:24 PM

Funny I confuse SEED-Ardites all the time with light grenade. You need to change all to most. There are a good number that can be stunned too. Suv stun or stun by traps.

But large monsters that were immune to certain ses at se4 are still immune to se5.

Niloklives
Jun 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
you can stun a jarba with even SE2. I do it all the time with Nosdiga. the SE/sta patch we got a while back really changed a lot of things.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what SE5 can do though.

chicken105
Jun 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
quick question, Killer shot get SE5?

Indica
Jun 15, 2008, 04:15 PM
quick question, Killer shot get SE5?

No, Still SE4 which friggin sucks ass. Im not even sure if KS get's knock down effect at LV31.

Mine is currently LV28 and have no plans to go out of my way to LV it to 40

RegulusHikari
Jun 15, 2008, 04:21 PM
Finally hit 31 yesterday, no knockdown on Killer Shot. It stayed at 38 PP as well. All it gets past 30 is 1% ATP and ATA a level (it caps at 100% ATA as opposed to the normal 85%).

desturel
Jun 16, 2008, 12:05 AM

Masei-sou has knockdown at level 1. It's just very slow (half the speed of a elemental bow bullet which is already about 1/3 the speed of a rifle shot).

A2K
Jun 16, 2008, 12:09 AM
Masei-sou has knockdown at level 1. It's just very slow (half the speed of a elemental bow bullet which is already about 1/3 the speed of a rifle shot).

This alone makes both of the PA fragment exchange bow bullets pretty worthless to me. If they maintained the same speed but kept the other stats otherwise intact it would be much better balanced. Unless there's another unknown factor to both of these that I'm missing? Are their final stats better than I assume or is there something else entirely, I wonder.

desturel
Jun 16, 2008, 12:15 AM
This alone makes both of the PA fragment exchange bow bullets pretty worthless to me. If they maintained the same speed but kept the other stats otherwise intact it would be much better balanced. Unless there's another unknown factor to both of these that I'm missing? Are their final stats better than I assume or is there something else entirely, I wonder.

There really isn't an upside to Masei-sou. It has a very low acc modifier which means you should only use it as a guntecher. Fortetechers and Protransers will see alot of 0 working with Masei-sou. Hit has less range than all other bow bullets. About the range of a handgun. It also has the speed nerf I mentioned previously. It's upside is it WAS the only bullet with knockdown before the rifles got their boost and it has stun.

It's a pretty good bullet if you're standing in the safe spots in Plains Overlord. Unfortunately standing anywhere else it's dangerous to use. Because of the poor accuracy (at low levels), slow firing rate and short range, you're more likely than not to get your self killed trying to use it in a real mission.

I leveled it up to 15 pre-update and went back to it to get to 21 after the update. When I finish with my last two rifle bullets, I'll go back to this bow to get it to 31.

unicorn
Jun 16, 2008, 06:55 AM
SEs suck nao.

Jacob X
Jun 16, 2008, 07:17 AM
got all my bullets to 31+ took me like 6 months but i don't think it was worth the effort untill they added the knockdown yay

biggabertha
Jun 16, 2008, 07:46 AM
Masei-Sou is good if you continually get cancelled and manage to Just Counter to off-set the slower firing rate.

Unfortunately, this is a lot harder in practice since whatever makes you block, you'll knock down or miss entirely meaning you either get another chance to shoot it or you are rooted for over a second.

Shame really.

Andy1423
Jun 16, 2008, 09:49 AM
Bullets are very usefull 31+. However, I would have to say that for the most part our Ult Bullets really SUCK. Especially when you compair them to the usefulness of Ult Skills/Techs.

jobber
Jun 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
Funny I confuse SEED-Ardites all the time with light grenade. You need to change all to most. There are a good number that can be stunned too. Suv stun or stun by traps.

But large monsters that were immune to certain ses at se4 are still immune to se5.

None of the "large" enemies are immune to Dark Shot 40. It might take a few shots, but it works.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 16, 2008, 02:23 PM
None of the "large" enemies are immune to Dark Shot 40. It might take a few shots, but it works.

Go hit a Gol Dolva with that, tell me how that works out (Burn Shot ftw)

In other news, I cant count how many time I've stunned Jarbas/Polavohras/Dilnazen/whatever else with Nosdiga (Stun lv2). I think the only SEs big mobs are always immune to are Incapacitate, Shock, and Silence. Maybe Sleep as well, but there aren't many useful ways to implement that status effect at the moment, so I don't really know.

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 02:27 PM
i dont think u can virus a carriguine either

ThEoRy
Jun 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
One thing I might be able to add here. Silence never seemed to be able to stop biomonsters technics (jarba's megid/dambarta) anyway. It only works against humanoid types. Shock isn't able to stop it either. For some reason it must be considered a natural ability rather than a tech or a physical attack. In my experience the only thing that works in this area is confuse. While confused, biomonster "techs" will flow through you leaving you unharmed.

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
yes some enemies just have "abilities" u cant stop some of their attacks with shock or silence. i know since i've done them both back to back to test it to see if they can still do it lol

I know for sure vandas can ALWAYS use their damfoie but silence takes away their diga

RegulusHikari
Jun 16, 2008, 02:58 PM
It works the same way as blocking an Olgohmon's sleep 'tech' or getting hit by a Vanda Mehra's earth Damfoie. These moves aren't classified as techs in the code, but rather some other form of attack and take on the attribute's of the monster rather than the tech it resembles (in Vandafoie's case, at least).

ThEoRy
Jun 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
I was mostly referring to the megids and dam techs creatures can do. Who cares to silence diga throws when it flies clean over your head anyway am I right? :)

desturel
Jun 16, 2008, 03:19 PM
I was mostly referring to the megids and dam techs creatures can do. Who cares to silence diga throws when it flies clean over your head anyway am I right? :)

Silence stops Vanda Diga. Also earth Vanda diga doesn't fly over your head. Only fire vanda diga. Vanda Orga can't be silenced and shocked, but they still attack even with these status effects.

Andy1423
Jun 16, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah I think it's stupid that SILENCE doesn't silence creatures.

They need to gives us some better ULT bullets, like some of SE's in PSO would be nice.

Think of an ULT rifle bullet similar to kill shot but the DEVIL class in PSO. 1/4 HP I believe, that would kick @ss. I'm mean Sega is just hell bent on adding stupid things to this game. Serisously, who wants a super special shotgun effects that gives you HEARTS. Blahhhhh

It's like them saying their giving us new content when IT"S a frickin B rank weapon. Oh my GOD, AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Sega really needs to play Diablo 2 and learn somthing about Character and Level progression. For instance what lvl do you have to be to use an 11* WEPAON, oh i don't somthing like 35-40. If you ask me, that makes no sense whatsoever

ThEoRy
Jun 16, 2008, 05:25 PM
Silence stops Vanda Diga. Also earth Vanda diga doesn't fly over your head. Only fire vanda diga. Vanda Orga can't be silenced and shocked, but they still attack even with these status effects.

You're preaching to the choir here boss. I already said those se's have no effect thus you have to use confuse if you wanna stop em. And I wouldn't wanna throw earth at an earth creature anyway . That's just plain silly. ^=^

Rayokarna
Jun 16, 2008, 05:36 PM
I would do anything to shut up(silence) a fire Olgohmon. Nothing can compare to a bunch of those chasing after you -_-

jobber
Jun 17, 2008, 10:47 AM
Go hit a Gol Dolva with that, tell me how that works out (Burn Shot ftw)

Hmm I always though G traps were = SE4

I've used traps and SE4 shots on Grinna Bete. Only ice and dark shots worked :|

desturel
Jun 17, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hmm I always though G traps were = SE4

I've used traps and SE4 shots on Grinna Bete. Only ice and dark shots worked :|

G traps are SE3, but have instant status effect on anything that can be hit by the status.

Grinna Bete C can be hit by virus and freeze, but not burn.

Gol Dova can be hit by Burn, but is immune to virus.

Grinna Bete S and Carriguine are immune to all status.

I believe Jusnagun may be immune to everything as well, but I can't remember.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
G traps are SE3, but have instant status effect on anything that can be hit by the status.

Grinna Bete C can be hit by virus and freeze, but not burn.

Gol Dova can be hit by Burn, but is immune to virus.

Grinna Bete S and Carriguine are immune to all status.

I believe Jusnagun may be immune to everything as well, but I can't remember.

u can stun S's but they still attack u LOL XD

Jasnaguns??? those are those bird enemies i didnt think they were immune to anything, i always trap them lol wat r u talking about D:

desturel
Jun 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
Jasnaguns??? those are those bird enemies i didnt think they were immune to anything, i always trap them lol wat r u talking about D:

The hive wasp looking things that spit level 2 megid. I haven't tried to actually status them with anything other than jellen in a long time which is why I couldn't remember.