PDA

View Full Version : Kubara Weapons

DankBlake
Jun 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
Ok, i've been playing for about 2 - 3 months and i've always wondered whats so great about most kubara s ranks. They usually have terrible stats compared to their legitimate countterparts, so what makes them worth using?
I am aware that some, like the agito repca, are very powerful when grinded. but this doesnt seem to be the case with all.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
They have great stats when grounded. Possibly,

Realmz
Jun 15, 2008, 04:31 PM
some weapons, like guns, can have a much better Kubara counterpart, having more PP but less Att. (and really with a mechgun, att. doesn't matter at all)

some Kubaras only need a few grinds to get better then their legit counterparts, while others need a full 10/10 to be worth anything

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
They have great stats when grounded. Possibly,

Was expecting this. Possibly.

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
Some of them, like axes, are just terrible. Only real use is PA training in that case.
Others... well, some weapons look really good in greyscale.
The added PP can be really nice, but some Kubaras fail even at that.
They're cheaper, and we usually get them before the real weapon, as well.

Middle
Jun 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
some of Kubara weps do look better than the original ....
Kubara weps can be any element , some original can't (like whips or ank dedda for example)*
some kubbara weps are original... like pso-remakes or agito repca....
kubara weps do often have less att/tech than the original but more PP...
kubara weps are easy to synth because they dont need expansive wood.... they only need kubara-wood which can be found everywhere...

*i like the idea of kubara amors (kubara-polymers) where you can have more slots or have just four slots which can be used for any unit .... for example having a low stat kubara amor , but u can equip 4 Har/quick with it ... for example ...

Weeaboolits
Jun 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
Kubara Wood is much more common than walna.

mooonbow
Jun 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
and dont forget the 25% increase to dmg when using a PA move

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 06:24 PM

They used to have a 25% (or something like that) negative to PA damage.
They're simply equal to normal weapons now.

Middle
Jun 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
they have? O.O ... good to know ... O.O

Wiz
Jun 15, 2008, 07:06 PM
Well, IMO, Kubara weapons for Techers are very good. They have much more PP than they're counterparts, while sarcrificing Tech. If you're a Newman, this decrease shouldn't even make a difference. If you're not, well, more PP is better IMO.

stukasa
Jun 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
It depends on the weapon. Some are practically worthless, others have low stats in exchange for high PP. For some weapons (like mechguns), PP is a very important stat. Other Kubara weapons start out bad but get good when grinded (Agito Repca).

Personally I don't like many Kubara S-rank weapons because they don't have the special effects that make the originals so fun! Also, they're so bland and gray. That looks good on some weapons but not so good on others.

If you're interested in Kubara weapons you really need to look at each one on a case-by-case basis to weigh the pros and cons.

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2008, 08:38 PM
Kubara is pretty interesting. Some weapons, depending on the manufacturer they are copying, can be really bad, or might excel in a particular stat. However, most Kubara originals tend to be pretty good, such as the Bil De Axe. Better off doing research on a kubara before making it.

Ethateral
Jun 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
Techer wise, Kubara S-ranks are amazing. (I don't like the Kazarodoc though. >.>)
Fighter wise, some can be amazing, but many not so hot.
Gunner... I'd go Kubara, because of PP wise, personally. o.o

Though, it really matters to what the user wants in the end. Kubara isn't easier to synth, the percentage goes down a bit. In finding wise however, Kubara wood is easier to find than a walna. ;.;

Lumenesca
Jun 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't bother with getting those gag weapons, I'd just grind their legit counterparts.

60Hz
Jun 15, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hmm Alterics and Longboc are pretty darn good at 10/10, they rival some s-rank bows if i remember correctly... according to pso-world comparison i just did: Alteric atp is 667 while Lonboc is 706, compared to Rikauteri (667 at 0/0) and Hirokteri (which is less) so... i think that gives some value to Kubara's...

Mikura
Jun 15, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hmm Alterics and Longboc are pretty darn good at 10/10, they rival some s-rank bows if i remember correctly... according to pso-world comparison i just did: Alteric atp is 667 while Lonboc is 706, compared to Rikauteri (667 at 0/0) and Hirokteri (which is less) so... i think that gives some value to Kubara's...

That may be true with some Kubara weapons, including the ones you mentioned, but yeah....good luck getting those to 10/10 without breaking...personally, I always prefer to go with the real weapons, since most Kubaras are only good after you grind them, but that's only if you're lucky enough to max them out, which from my experience...doesn't happen often.

Magus_84
Jun 15, 2008, 11:24 PM
Kubara Shotguns and mechguns work very well. Even at low grinds (1-3), they generally have far more PP than their mainstream counterparts. Since PP's probably the biggest factor in Shotgun/Mechgun use, this really helps.

Some of the B-Rank Kubaras are actually pretty good, too. For example, Arb Hadoc at 10/10 is only about 20 ATP off from Hyper Viper 5/10. Consider that you could make enough Arb Hadocs and B-Rank Grinders to get one to 10/10 before you ever hit the price of an S-Rank Twin, it's not such a bad trade. I <3 mine.