PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored, and I'm not Nitro.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 04:31 PM
So, Etrian Odyssey 2 comes out Tuesday... and willl probably be available Wednesday.

I need something to do until then. Ideas?

Tact
Jun 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
You could talk with me about it. :wacko:

Also, I should make another thread (or bring the subject up somewhere) about how I'm naming my party's characters after FKLers. I'll probably give highlights of FOE/boss battles, funny happenings otherwise, etc.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
I literally have nothing I have to do all day long, so I need a lot of time-wasters.

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
Maaaan Etrian. I still have to beat the first. I got Ronin, but not Hexer.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 04:45 PM
You aren't missing as much with Hexer, its on floor 16, in the middle past the sand conveyors. Just given to you like Ronin for going to the right space. Hexer has some fun skills, and is useful paired with a whips dark hunter to set up ecstasy. Ronin is an offensive powerhouse though.

I wonder if you can permanently miss them...

Tact
Jun 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
Randomness, you should run through on another file to see if you can. :wacko:

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
There IS no "another file", and I'm not about to overwrite my current one.

Tact
Jun 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
Oh, I didn't know. :disapprove: Sorry.

I'm looking forward to the Ronin class this time; no more wasting turns changing stances.

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, thats going to be sweet. I dislike losing the third hit of Survivalist's Multihit, but I haven't heard anything about an Appollon nerf, so thats fine.

I'm considering a battle medic this time around... going for big numbers with Caduceus. (Ironicly named, since Atlus is also responsible for Trauma Center. Or not, since the doctor in the first was Dr. Hoffman, and this one is supposed to have Stiles)

Anyways, I was checking the skill trees for the new classes when I noticed... IT'S OUT. As of Friday. Until now it was listed as Tuesday, June 17. So now I have to see if its in.

Tact
Jun 15, 2008, 05:40 PM
Tell me how that goes. I don't want to call the local game shop and have them tell me it's not out yet. That's embarrassing. :disapprove:

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 05:40 PM
i'm going through SO3 again, this time i will beat it!

Randomness
Jun 15, 2008, 06:31 PM
They have it in, but I can't get it tonight.

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 07:12 PM
i'm going through SO3 again, this time i will beat it!

I like Albel.
A lot.
If I had it my way, he'd take over the spot of main character.

Fayt is too goody-goody.

Also Albel's third costume is so the best. He actually has pants, instead of a skirt. He looks good in pants.

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 07:15 PM
i should get the costumes this time around.. (i accidentally unlocked albel's ending the first time around without knowing it so i need to finish that file as well)

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 07:18 PM
i should get the costumes this time around.. (i accidentally unlocked albel's ending the first time around without knowing it so i need to finish that file as well)

The costumes are fun. Fayt's second costume looks far better than the blue bodysuit. It actually looks protective, and has armor padding to it. I haven't gotten some of the extremely difficult ones, but it seems that all of the female characters have at least one French Maid suit. Peppita has more of a Gothic Lolita thing going on, but it's all more or less the same amount of lace.

One of Cliff's costumes makes him black.

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
One of Cliff's costumes makes him black.

i laughed way too hard at that

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 07:29 PM
i laughed way too hard at that

Same with Adray, or whatever it is. ALL of his outfits seem to change his skin color.
Fayt loses the blue hair with his second costume. Goes to a more normal brown.

Personally with equipment and berserk I had Albel to the point where he could swing 50+ times nonstop without getting tired, and hit 3 times each swing for solid MP damage. Tended to destroy everything that you could MP-Kill in a matter of seconds.

He looks so much better in pants.

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 07:31 PM
unfortunately when i unlocked him for the ending it prevented me from taking Nel with us... usually this would have been fine except that she had all the healing skills! T.T

Retniwreven
Jun 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
unfortunately when i unlocked him for the ending it prevented me from taking Nel with us... usually this would have been fine except that she had all the healing skills! T.T

Huh. I never used Nel much, to be honest. I kept her, but I didn't use her. My final team:
Active:
Fayt
Maria
Albel
Reserve:
Cliff
Mirage
Nel
Sophia
Adray (I'd swap him for Peppita in a second.)