PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it suck when...

tyler2zelda
Jun 15, 2008, 08:04 PM
(tl;dr version bottom of post)

...you get robbed the day right before March Break and have no way to play PSU?

That's what happened to me, and thus why I dissapeared. AGAIN.

THIS TIME I STAY. I'm picking up another copy of PSU (actually, my first, other one was a friends) and also grabbing AoI with it.

But I now have a very strong debate; get the PC version which my computer could run, but it might not be as good, or go on the X360 servers and lose everything I gained from the Winter Event (I believe you don't keep characters from different servers) and all my levels. But on the plus side, I could voice chat and type just as fast as PC or PS2 (attached a keyboard).

Which should I go for? AoI is cheaper on the X360 version and I won't have to worry about scratched expansion discs this time. In either case, I would be more than happy to help out if I possibly could. Which I don't possibly know how to. -.-

.................................................. ..................................................

tl;dr version: Back after being robbed, do I get X360 or PC version this time?

chaoskila
Jun 15, 2008, 08:09 PM
whao you got robbeD?
do you live in the ghetto sir?
umm as for the question
-pc has a better community [less dicks scammers etc] but remeber hackers.
-xbox has a crappy community but lots of dicks, scammers etc but no hackers.
i choose xbox and just found some kewl kids to chill with.

tyler2zelda
Jun 15, 2008, 08:12 PM
I do indeed live in the ghetto if Nova Scotia is the ghetto for Canada.

I'd rather not get hacked, although I AM running Vista. (har har har) But I know a few people I could probably play with on the X360 servers as well.

I am now gone from 40/60 (percents, PC/X360) to 27/73. I need a better bit of a pro for X360 to kick it up to "this is the best server" status.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
How high level was your character? And what gear did you have? If it was some good stuff, and a high level, I wouldn't just waste all that time you spent.

A2K
Jun 15, 2008, 08:31 PM
Eh, honestly, if you've already gotten started on the PC version I'd jump back on that, personally.

chaostroop3
Jun 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
grrrr i typed out a long message and it gave me a error >.<

anyway i say 360 =D ill be your friend

Lumenesca
Jun 15, 2008, 10:17 PM
whao you got robbeD?
do you live in the ghetto sir?
umm as for the question
-pc has a better community [less dicks scammers etc] but remeber hackers.
-xbox has a crappy community but lots of dicks, scammers etc but no hackers.
i choose xbox and just found some kewl kids to chill with.

Personally, I don't see a difference behavoiral-wise between the two communities; they both have their share of rude people, and plenty of cool people.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2008, 10:43 PM
if you want more people to interact with, (and more drama) then go to the 360 servers. If you are getting psp(phantasy star portable) for psp so you can transfer your characters to it, then jack that disc into the pc.

Jainsea
Jun 15, 2008, 11:39 PM
tough choice... both have good reasons to go them. The cool thing about PC version is being able to take screen shots. Thats one thing I wish I could do T_T
Its hard starting over though. You gotta ask yourself,
1. are you willing to rebuild your char(s)?
2. restock all the gear you once had?
3. do you have someone you know that will help you out on the 360 server if you go there?
Either way I hope you have fun whatever server you end up on :)

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
hey, tyler tried to reply to your PM about this but you aren't accepting them.

1- Can you use your chars on the PC if you played on PS2?
Yes
2- Does it have widescreen formatting?
You can change your display options for the game to match those of your computer's display settings and can play in either Fullscreen mode or windowed (a sizeable window that allows for easy toggle between PSU and other applications... PSOworld while playing PSU ftw)

Csero
Jun 15, 2008, 11:57 PM
You can't have Sega tansfer your characters from the PC server to the 360 for you? I swore I saw someone talking about that somewhere....

No wait, that would be conveinent and helpful, so it can't be true....

BIGGIEstyle
Jun 16, 2008, 06:22 AM
I was talking about PS2 to PC not PC to 360

Macras
Jun 16, 2008, 09:44 AM
I was talking about PS2 to PC not PC to 360

there isnt really a way to transfer between PC and PS2 considering they're the same server....

Itachi1990
Jun 16, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hey you do know that for ps2/pc you don't need the actual game to play the expansion that's what my freind did he went straight to the expansion.

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
for the short while i met way more rude people on PC/PS2 than 360 lol!

did i just get unlucky? i hardly meet rude people on 360 but it seemed as if they were almost every other person on PC/PS2 :(

r00tabaga
Jun 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
it's funny to me that the PC players on these forums always talk about the "rude" players on the 360. I doubt that they've run into these guys and are just trying to get more peeps to help out their 2-star Universe 1........I love the PSU community for XBL and have only met cool fellow guardians. There is some immature players on XBL for other games like Madden, COD4, etc. but from my experience, the PSU community is more mature than other XBL games......

Cracka_J
Jun 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
Main issue here would likely be the equips, because even though you lost your real-life stuff (which sux), you haven't lost anything on your pc/ps2 char.

If it was an issue of corrupted character data/hacking and I lost all my equips, but still wanted to play...I'd likely migrate to 360 for the larger community.

Also, regarding voice chat, most PC players use ventrilo to communicate with friends/other players, and it's usually a lot clearer and more reliable then 360's voice chat. You also have the options of muting people and lowering volume levels at your disposal...just in case certain *cough*jose*cough* type people wander into your vent.

With 360 you do get a larger player base though, so I guess weigh your options and pick the best fit for you.

Elley
Jun 16, 2008, 01:41 PM
360 just has way... way... WAY more people playing.

Magitek_X
Jun 16, 2008, 02:06 PM
I've also heard horror tales about the 360 community. The one I hear about a lot is people getting kicked after boss fights to keep the drops for themselves.

Course I'm sure that's happened before on the PC/PS2 servers.

Newman_Gh0st
Jun 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
I've also heard horror tales about the 360 community. The one I hear about a lot is people getting kicked after boss fights to keep the drops for themselves.

Wtf are you a little kid?

That can happen in any game.
The Xbox community is bad/and good
Depends on who you play with.
In any game you can meet bad or good people.

ANd if anyone ever kicks you.
I just file a complaint on them.
Or if they curse you out.

KatanaRyu
Jun 16, 2008, 02:22 PM
well i would stick with what you got and not join the 360 server because of all the work you put into your chars on the other server.

If you do decide to join 360 i'll help w/ what i can... Although I am still a complete n00b lol

r00tabaga
Jun 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
I play with mostly friends that I've made solely in the game and hunt w/noobs and vets alike and really have nothing but good things to say about the community. I could do without all the gayness at lobby counters (people trying to hump you from behind) but I can't speak of any "HORRORS" in my two years of jammin...
...if there are people doing shady stuff, just report them or at least blacklist them and cut your losses. The bottom line is the population is still very healthy on 360!

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
sometimes I wonder why the only reason there is more people on 360 is because nobody does not report them or anything, but on the other hand, PC/PS2 servers are practically empty because of all of the hacking, spamming, and scammers...

Zantra
Jun 16, 2008, 06:46 PM

This happens everywhere.

I got kicked from a race on Mario Kart Wii, because I started last, but ended first.

People are lame.