PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finished Devil May Cry 2. (AKA: I finished Devil May Cry 1 topic two.)

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
I don't see what everyone hates about it. It's a solid action game. Controls are a lot better than number 1. I do agree that the characters could of talked more, but you don't play these games for diolog. :wacko:

ON TO NUMBER 3!

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 09:36 PM
good god man! slow down! else you will reach ultimate boredom like me

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 09:52 PM
good god man! slow down! else you will reach ultimate boredom like me

I never really wanted to play the first 2. I hate most pre-picked camera games. I'll be bored when I'm done unlocking everything in 3. :wacko:

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 09:54 PM
sounds like its time for you to find a new series huh? ever played xenosaga?

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 09:58 PM
sounds like its time for you to find a new series huh? ever played xenosaga?

Nope. And I have no intention of unless they make some package with all 3. I don't wanna have to hunt them down, and end up paying 7 times more than what they went for when they were new, only to find that they've been scrached up and won't work. :disapprove:

TalHex
Jun 15, 2008, 10:00 PM
no they aren't all packaged as one but they have been out for so long now that you can get them from stores like gamestop pretty cheaply

Shadowpawn
Jun 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
I never really wanted to play the first 2. I hate most pre-picked camera games. I'll be bored when I'm done unlocking everything in 3. :wacko:

That's going to be a while, especially if you have the special edition I like did.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
That's going to be a while, especially if you have the special edition I like did.

Oh, yes I do. :wacko:

Chuck_Norris
Jun 16, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I've almost beat it. I got Trickster to level 3, and wanna try a new style. Are Doppleganger or Quicksilver any good?

Shadowpawn
Jun 16, 2008, 08:57 PM
If I recall correctly, Doppelganger enables a pesudo two player mode, so it's not worth it. Quicksliver is like using the time bracelet from DMC1, if you liked it then you'll like it now. If I were you I would try mastering Royal Guard.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 16, 2008, 09:07 PM
Eeeh, I thought the time freeze thing was kinda cheap. And Doppleganger doesn't put it in 2 player mode, it just makes 2 of Dante.

Royal Guard? Never really tried messing with that. How's it at level 3?

Shadowpawn
Jun 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
Eeeh, I thought the time freeze thing was kinda cheap. And Doppleganger doesn't put it in 2 player mode, it just makes 2 of Dante.

Royal Guard? Never really tried messing with that. How's it at level 3?

Note that I said "pseudo", if you have a second controller plug it in while using doppelganger and you'll see you can control his shadow. Royal Guard, if used right, can block even boss attacks and you will never receive damage.

As shown in this fight against Jester:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ9M1InhKc

Chuck_Norris
Jun 16, 2008, 09:15 PM
Note that I do not know what "pseudo" means. :disapprove:

Shadowpawn
Jun 16, 2008, 09:25 PM
>_> .