PDA

View Full Version : Article I read in MaximumPC...

MetaZedlen
Jun 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read in my life...

Ok, so as I read through my new favorite magazine (cuz I is a computer geek) and I come across this ad for AVG, and as I read it, it was stating on how it completely destroyed a hacker's progress or whatever you would want to call it, being that this hacker stole identities and was shopping like no other, but the website that sponsored this ad was the biggest thing that made me want to bitchslap the editor for writing this: the name of the site was hugsforhackers.org...

I was speechless at the moment, but then I went through a lot of things about hacking, being that identity theft is a felony, but this fucking website wants people like us to help out these dumbass hackers in getting their so-called lives back together...

Ok, let's all help one idiot that ruined about, say, a couple hundred peoples' lives, but you know what? Fuck all of those that got hacked and lost thousands of dollars...

Man, I wish I could just take the world into my own hands at times and just pick out all of the idiots...

beatrixkiddo
Jun 15, 2008, 11:03 PM
Er, I think it's supposed to be a joke...

Shadowpawn
Jun 15, 2008, 11:31 PM
I like beatman said, you're overreacting.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
*envisions AVG ad department clasping hands together going "Troll successful"*

MetaZedlen
Jun 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
I don't think that this is a joke, being that I went to that website, and it seems legit.

If not, then I give props to AVG for getting one past me like that.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
uh... the website is an advertisement for AVG. :/ Do you think a real support group for "hackers who have no job thanks to virus scanner software" would have:

"Why AVG?
AVG: The only real-time security solution!

70 million users can't be wrong! AVG provides real-time protection against traditional threats such as viruses, spam, spyware and trojans – plus emerging threats such as web exploits, drive-by downloads, phishing and rootkits. AVG solutions include the latest web exploit prevention technology - yet are light on system resources."

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hey, OP, I have this same article in a Game Informer issue of mine. Trust me, it's a just a joke. Making websites is pretty cheap for a big company.