PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT'S a fucking torrent.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 02:49 AM
That's how torrrents should be. Five minute downloads :]

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/fuckyeah.jpg

beatrixkiddo
Jun 16, 2008, 02:50 AM
inb4giblink

astuarlen
Jun 16, 2008, 10:23 AM
In concurrent with implied questioning of musical choices

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
is bitcomet better then utorrent?

Mixfortune
Jun 16, 2008, 10:27 AM

So true, I was never much a fan of whql, being the cover it is, but I'll admit that 32bit english has a decent album now and again.

VanHalen
Jun 16, 2008, 03:11 PM
is bitcomet better then utorrent?

Nope its the other way around :wacko:

Probably.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 03:12 PM

I generally download a few albums by a band if I like a song by them. Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, and Atreyu really suck I found out, Blind Guardian is kind of bland and I never listen to Korn.

But now how dare you insult Yes. That's truly offensive.

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 03:52 PM
I was expecting water, needless to say, I'm disappointed.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 16, 2008, 04:03 PM
I was expecting water, needless to say, I'm disappointed.

I was expecting water as a joke on people who clicked :(

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 04:03 PM
torrent:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/jbaynes_photos/TroutFishing038.jpg
:wacko:

ThaiSoup
Jun 16, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thriller kind of stands out there lol

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
gah! there is so many people with that avy! *shakes fist* damn it! all you FOmars all look the same!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
Thriller is excellent.

Toadthroat
Jun 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
I approve Yes and Thriller.

Nai_Calus
Jun 16, 2008, 04:49 PM
The FOmars shall destroy you.

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 05:10 PM
Inferno Bazooka.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 05:22 PM
bloody arts :wacko:

Nai_Calus
Jun 16, 2008, 05:26 PM
Dice.

Randomness
Jun 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cards.

Tessu
Jun 16, 2008, 05:33 PM
Internet.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 05:35 PM
C4...

Blitzkommando
Jun 16, 2008, 09:02 PM
Enjoy your outdated drivers. Also, are you that poor that you can't afford your cheap music? That's pretty bad, you must be on food stamps too.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 09:41 PM
some of us don't have jobs :wacko: i'm not a rich kid like the rest of my peers, i have to work for my money by doing actual chores hell half my class probably doesn't even know how to fold laundry, those lazy bastards... [/rant]

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 09:55 PM
Enjoy your outdated drivers. Also, are you that poor that you can't afford your cheap music? That's pretty bad, you must be on food stamps too.

[spoiler-box]http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/obvious_troll.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Did they already release new drivers? That's around a month old (I think). Either way, I have doubts this month-newer driver is going to help a lone 7600GT much in current gaming.

And I'm guessing I'm the only person who's ever downloaded music for free. I'm the lone ranger killing the music industry one band at a time. Also, making a crack at food stamps is a pretty low and ill-humored joke.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 09:59 PM
atleast he isn't using limewire (or as my friend calls it, the unlawful citrus cable) i stopped using that because the viruses it gave my computer... THEY WERE OVER 9000!!! (i'm not joking)

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 10:04 PM
Limewire is the Fisher Price of pirating. "My first voyage!"

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 10:08 PM
aye, real pirates use google and torrents

Blitzkommando
Jun 16, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hey, you're the tool posting your LOLAWEZOMMUZIKZ torrents. Using excuses doesn't change the fact you are breaking the law. "BUT, LOL, I CAN'T AFFORD IT ALL! I DON'T WANT TO BUY IT WITHOUT KNOWING I'LL LIKE IT!" My point still stands. If you can't afford the $9.98 at Wal-Mart then you obviously have bigger problems than piracy. If however you can afford it, but choose not to pay, then you also have big problems. I need a new car but can't afford it. Does that mean I should just steal one because it would be nice to have a new car? I could use more money, perhaps I should just "copy" some? Don't worry your pretty little head, had someone else come in bragging about their "Adventures in Piracy" I would've ragged on that person as well.

What, you think Nvidia doesn't have the latest drivers on their website? It's pretty easy, but to save you the Google trip it's nvidia.com. Using torrents before checking out the manufacturer's site makes absolutely no sense at all. Well, unless your only 'browser' is your Bittorrent client.

VioletSkye
Jun 16, 2008, 11:05 PM
That's how torrrents should be. Five minute downloads :]

That's for amateurs lol. This is how torrents should be (works out to 1646 KB/s):
http://bspics2.home.bresnan.net/torrent.jpg

It actually hit 1.8MB/s a few times. Gotta love 15Mbps cable connections :-D

Blitz makes a good case although there are some decent "legal" uses for torrents and torrent clients. I personally enjoy listening to political radio shows and torrents are great for that. Also, don't forget about game demos. If a company is offering it as a free download and it's something I'm interested in, I will usually see if there is a decent torrent to use because it can be MUCH, MUCH faster to download using a torrent vs. downloading it off of the company site or something like Fileshack or whatever lol.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 11:11 PM
Hey, you're the tool posting your LOLAWEZOMMUZIKZ torrents. Using excuses doesn't change the fact you are breaking the law. "BUT, LOL, I CAN'T AFFORD IT ALL! I DON'T WANT TO BUY IT WITHOUT KNOWING I'LL LIKE IT!" My point still stands. If you can't afford the $9.98 at Wal-Mart then you obviously have bigger problems than piracy. If however you can afford it, but choose not to pay, then you also have big problems. I need a new car but can't afford it. Does that mean I should just steal one because it would be nice to have a new car? I could use more money, perhaps I should just "copy" some? Don't worry your pretty little head, had someone else come in bragging about their "Adventures in Piracy" I would've ragged on that person as well.

What, you think Nvidia doesn't have the latest drivers on their website? It's pretty easy, but to save you the Google trip it's nvidia.com. Using torrents before checking out the manufacturer's site makes absolutely no sense at all. Well, unless your only 'browser' is your Bittorrent client.

so then would you consider pandora or youtube piracy? you can play the song as much as you want as often as you want for free

Toadthroat
Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 PM

CSI: Internet Piracy Division.
*cue montage with smooth jazz*

Blitzkommando
Jun 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
That's for amateurs lol. This is how torrents should be (works out to 1646 KB/s):
http://bspics2.home.bresnan.net/torrent.jpg

It actually hit 1.8MB/s a few times. Gotta love 15Mbps cable connections :-D

Blitz makes a good case although there are some decent "legal" uses for torrents and torrent clients. I personally enjoy listening to political radio shows and torrents are great for that. Also, don't forget about game demos. If a company is offering it as a free download and it's something I'm interested in, I will usually see if there is a decent torrent to use because it can be MUCH, MUCH faster to download using a torrent vs. downloading it off of the company site or something like Fileshack or whatever lol.

I tend to use torrents for Linux distros as well. Usually their sites are absolutely horribly slow. There is plenty of free and legal content over torrents. Some larger open source applications are also available through torrents. Though, for game demos, I try to check how Filefront is doing. I'll usually get my full 15mbps through them but if they are hit hard (or it's a bunch of large RAR files like Cinematic Mod 7) I'll opt for torrents.

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 11:29 PM
and my question gets ignored... peachy...

Toadthroat
Jun 16, 2008, 11:31 PM
so then would you consider pandora or youtube piracy? you can play the song as much as you want as often as you want for free

On pandora you can't play a song as often or as much as you want since the radio station is randomized and there is no rewinding and minimal skipping.
On youtube you can't download the song, you're chained to your PC if you want to listen to the song, unless you have some sort of youtube recording program. But then why wouldn't you just download the song yourself instead of from youtube?

TalHex
Jun 16, 2008, 11:34 PM
doesn't really matter to me if i'm chained to my PC, thats mostly where i listen to music anyways seeing as my ZenV is busted... i don't know i used to pirate a lot of music but after i got blue screened and lost all the files on my computer i sort of stopped caring... well unless it was an anime opening which i really liked... aside from that i really don't bother anymore...

Blitzkommando
Jun 16, 2008, 11:48 PM
On pandora you can't play a song as often or as much as you want since the radio station is randomized and there is no rewinding and minimal skipping.
On youtube you can't download the song, you're chained to your PC if you want to listen to the song, unless you have some sort of youtube recording program. But then why wouldn't you just download the song yourself instead of from youtube?

That as well as Youtube (I've never heard of the other site) is not even FM quality whereas torrents can be found in higher bitwidth MP3, lossless, and even in ISO format of the entire album. Youtube only provides a single song (or song video) at a time which are often used in such a way that they are covered as parody material. As well, many labels put music videos up on the site as a method of free advertisement, to get you to buy the music. Also to consider is that Youtube content is paid for through advertising. And finally, copyrighted content has been removed from Youtube many times. It's considered something similar to a public access channel on television, wherein everyone can both watch and contribute to the channel.

To further delve into the legality of Youtube, you must consider that it is a service while torrenting (and other P2P activities) are all, well, direct peer-to-peer. As such, Youtube is a subsidary (formerly its own company but now owned by Google) of a company and as such is subject to penalty of law as well as any users uploading forbidden content. If you are posting copyrighted material without permission of the author your video can be removed at any time because it does break the terms of service. But, really, you should check out this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_YouTube) because it goes into far more detail than I really would prefer to go into here.

tl;dr, Youtube is a service while torrenting is peer-to-peer. Legally they are two totally different activities.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 17, 2008, 03:29 AM
On the note of torrenting the Nvidia driver my IE is set so that Bitcomet downloads everything for it instead of IE doing it on it's own. [I think] it's slightly faster.

Pandora's a joke in my opinion. I rarely get anything I like out of it. I'll usually listen to AOL Radio's stations but those aren't much better. I've found more tunes and bands I've liked off of AOL Radio then I have off of Pandora but I'm picky with my music.

On the topic of torrenting I have no excuse for doing it. I'm just cheap. Also, there's a "tiny" difference between stealing music and actual theft. Of course both are bad but I have a strong hunch that most people realize there is a huge gap between stealing music and software as opposed to identity theft, shoplifting, and counterfeiting. Main reason I didn't block out the torrent titles was to show my musical tastes not to brag I torrent music.