PDA

View Full Version : A tough decision.

a-NUB-is
Jun 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
Alright, I have been considering scrapping my fighgunner for a little while now. Its not that he isnt good, its just I always gets crap for being a CAST fighgunner. I love being a CAST fighgunner because, even if my damage isn't the same as a beast fighgunner, I never EVER miss. I also have very solid weapons which include a 46% dark Rucar, 42% lightning Agito ect ect. I was just wondering if I shouldn't be waiting on the Fighmaster and just use my cast as a ForteGunner (which he previously was). Some help on this touchy subject would be great. I LOVE being a fighgunner and I also enjoy being a fortegunner and now that the bullets level faster the appeal is also greater.

Just wondering what you all think
thanks,
Anubis

Kylie
Jun 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
Who cares what everyone else thinks? If you enjoy it and think you hold your own, stick with it. Personally, my caseal is a FI and a fF, and I think she does fine. However, if you want to go fG, then do so; either way, you shouldn't have to recreate your character (you can do both classes on the same character easily).

Cracka_J
Jun 16, 2008, 02:12 PM
o.O

casts make great fighters too. especially with the addition of paradi into their games. add in hi acc for twin handguns, and you've got a nice race for fighgunner....
beast are good for melee, but the low acc kills them when they try to use handguns. good melee + great gunning would make me think cast is a primary choice for fighgunner...dunno what your friends are smoking.

a-NUB-is
Jun 16, 2008, 02:21 PM
Lol see thats what I say, especially when we are doing runs where I use majarra or one of my twin saber PA's and are posting numbers easily over 4k on multiple monsters?

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 02:29 PM
casts because of their good ATA is perfect for fighgunner! double sabers also have low ata so being a cast helps wiht those.

I always thought casts were on par with beasts with fighgunners and just a little worse on FF, idk y anyone would tell u anything bad for being a cast fighter lol

Tiyr
Jun 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
My FG is a human female, which should theoretically be a bad choice, but I happen to like having a bit more MST (play solo / small groups, so things live long enough to hit me most times). It's fine.

CAST Figs are fine. Solid defense, great ATA, very good ATP. MST's crap, but that's the trade-off. Beasts' trade off is that they'll miss more often. It's fine. Honestly, there's really no race / class combo that isn't fine, unless you're obnoxiously obsessed with B1g nuMb4rz.

ThEoRy
Jun 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
whatever makes the game fun for you I always say.

Dragwind
Jun 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
Really? Thats surprising to see someone complain about a CAST Fighgunner. CAST's stats work great for the Fighgunner class, and I've never seen one complain about them. I wouldn't take others complaints into any consideration, especially if you love playing that race/type combo.

a-NUB-is
Jun 16, 2008, 02:59 PM
Its not just the race compared to the class lol I was told by quite a few people I made a bad choice choosing Fighgunner? I thinks that pure bologna because I do some very good damage and even if I am not hitting one monster for 10K I am hitting 3 or 4 for 4k each - which, in my opinion, is a much better trade-off.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 16, 2008, 03:01 PM
Being a newman fighter and gunner, I say screw them. Do whatever the hell you want.

Realmz
Jun 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
Its not just the race compared to the class lol I was told by quite a few people I made a bad choice choosing Fighgunner?

every now and then, way back in firebreak when i stopped playing before. Myst used to get that kind of crap for being a Protranser.

Now I can solo stuff easier then i ever could as a Fortegunner/fighter/fighgunner.

I still find it hilarious when i see people comment "since when can a fortefighter use a bow?"

not to mention on any given boss fight (minus you de rol le and falz!) i'll probably pop up an SUV around four times thanks to my traps adding to the meter.

Tiyr
Jun 16, 2008, 03:44 PM
FiGs are definitely overplayed, but they're versatile. Personally, I like being able to do something useful while aerial bosses are up there, and do full damage to melee-resistant mobs. Not to mention getting SE-3 with crossbows.

Might not put out the same insane damage as FFs, but we have more variety, which I personally find more enjoyable. I'll never understand people who can spam the same two PAs for hours a day, months on end and not get bored.

Middle
Jun 16, 2008, 04:48 PM
They are overplayed because they are the only ones who can equip Doublesabers.
My caseal is a Fighgunner too...
but as fighgunner is considered to be a hybrid class, they can equip more Fighter weps than Gunner weps ... thats very disapointing ...

chaostroop3
Jun 16, 2008, 05:24 PM
i say CASTs make the best fighgunners =D

DarK-SuN
Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'm a CAST fighgunner in my main character and I assure you, whoever said you made a bad choice is definitely nuts.

I was also told off once for being a CAST fighgunner and that CASTs should only be fortegunners, but of course, who told me this was a CAST fortegunner (so far so good) using only spears and Majarra spamming for the most part (this is where it didn't match with his own words), so I could very easily ignore him after that.

In other words, play how you like, not how you're told.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 16, 2008, 08:50 PM
You are the one with the controller in your hand... you decide. ^^

chaoskila
Jun 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
ur weapons alone prove your a great fighter.

Elley
Jun 17, 2008, 12:55 AM
Being a newman fighter and gunner, I say screw them. Do whatever the hell you want.

Yes. The game is about what YOU want it to be. Do what you want. Play what you want. I guarantee you'll be better off for it.

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2008, 01:08 AM
Uh... Why the hell are people insulting you for playing a cast melee class? What kind of ignorance can lead to that conclusion?

MSAksion
Jun 17, 2008, 02:08 AM
DOODE there are so many CAST hunter job players out there.

ESP since SUV charges most when you are damaged. If youre a Fortegunner in the back you never get hurt. IF youre up close and personal you're always getting hurt - but your high defense and HP keep you alive long enough to SUV.

High ATA means you never miss with any sword or gun (you said Figunner cast)

And since youre a CAST - youre ATP, HP, and DEF is always higher than a similar HUMAN or NEWMAN so whats wrong with being "Second place" in melee damage?

IF people played "CORRECTLY" then you would only see;

BEAST Hunters
CAST Rangers
NEWMAN Forces.
Human - LOL human are Teh Sux so no play to be "correct" =P

How boring would that be? I want to see more Beast Rangers, more Melee Newman and more... lol Focast too.

Kerry157
Jun 17, 2008, 03:36 AM
I would have to say that doing something just because some noobs tell you to also makes you a noob =(

New_One
Jun 17, 2008, 04:17 AM
Whoever gives you crap about being a Cast FiG needs their head examined.

a-NUB-is
Jun 17, 2008, 10:12 AM
See, you guys are literally just helping me solidify my arguement. Personally, I think my CAST Fighgunner owns. I have a good weapon palette and do some great group damage, plus I can use Double Sabers :D. Thanks for the support all :)