PDA

View Full Version : gun specials

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 05:25 PM
It'd be neat if some firearms could have a special attack that'd be used with the PA button.

It'd add a bit more depth to the gunner classes, and it could be fun.

I doubt it'd ever happen, but it's a fun idea to toy with.

You may now commence calling me an idiot for the suggestion, or making outlandish ones of your own. :)

goldbrease
Jun 16, 2008, 05:35 PM
basically you want gun katas?
it would be cool but to balance it they would make them take a very large amount of pp.

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 05:41 PM
basically you want gun katas?
it would be cool but to balance it they would make them take a very large amount of pp.Possibly, except I have no idea what that is.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 16, 2008, 05:48 PM
Possibly, except I have no idea what that is.

"Gunkata" is essentially using a gun to do flashy, over the top martial arts/gunplay hybrid moves. It's a term coined from the movie Equilibrium, I believe.

But yeah, it's essentially what a gun PA would be. I think it would be a kinda cool idea, the only issue I could see is that elemental bullets already count as a PA. But maybe they could put them in the Skills section, and the tradeoff is you can't have an elemental bullet on.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
indeed like from pso, many of the special guns had special attacks.

for example

Justy ST23 - cut enemy life to 1/4
Varista - Parilize
Custome Ray - Burn

and specificaly ones that stand out atm are, Exp steal, Cutting enemy life, and parilize (as in they can't move and attack.)

but for PSU weapons having an elemental specal attack would take away from the already astablished bullet arts, like for example.

BlackBull - cut enemy life by 1/4
Rattlesnake - Parilize
Viper - exp steal

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 PM
EXP steal probably wouldn't be the best idea in this one, but yeah, the gunkata thing isn't at all what I meant, I meant more along the lines of PSO weapon specials or stuff like a handgun shooting a foie or having a level 1 reverser or something.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 16, 2008, 06:13 PM
I got some ideas. :wacko:
Rifles: Shoots 3 bullets rapidly at the cost of 3 shots. Downside is a reload time of 2 seconds after firing.

Twin Handguns: Aims at all nearby enemies and fires one shot at each. The downside is it costs double the PP for each shot.

Shotgun: Hold down the PA button to run the direction you're facing at the cost of PP. When you get close enough to an enemy to have all 5 shots hit them, the gun fires automaticly. Downside is as stated above. Costs PP durring the running animation. This could also be used to get around areas faster, as the charging speed is faster than the normal movement animation.

Magus_84
Jun 16, 2008, 06:22 PM
Tenora A-Rank Handguns:

Hold down the fire button to begin spinning the gun around in a series of Revolver-Ocelot-style moves of increasingly awesome jackassery.

Release to fire. Shot has a 50% chance to either hit with level 3 Incapacitate (resolving as normal) or will gain a damage boost based on how long you stood there posturing. Drains PP as you stand there.

SonicTMP
Jun 16, 2008, 06:25 PM
Though some flasy PA's would be kinda cool. Maybe a 360 aoe handgun shot, or a charged up rifle/shotgun shot. You could also combine some melee in. How about a warp behind the mob, kick thim up and shoot them with single handgun/mech gun?

I'm sure there are better ideas out there. But yeah, gunkata would be nice. Cause really, there isn't much for rangers to do but sit back and press the button. At least melee has to pay attention to moving around and JA timers while forces get big flashy effects and a better variety.

Zorafim
Jun 16, 2008, 06:50 PM
I was thinking static damage and defense ignoring properties, but this works too.

chaoskila
Jun 16, 2008, 06:53 PM
gun pa's sound really fun.

r00tabaga
Jun 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
Gun katas like in Equilibrium would be amazing in PSU....I also like the idea of using the PA button (Y) as a charge button of sorts to unleash something fierce!

Realmz
Jun 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
I would use a "Gun PA" most as a secondary attack with a gun, doing something to aid in the use of the gun. all these abilities would use the level of your equipped bullet for damage and what not.

Handgun - Pistol whip. You smack your target with your gun causing them to flinch, and hopefully giving you time to get away, at higher levels, it will cause knock down. Uses same amount of PP as a normal bullet shot.

Rifle - Club. Like with Pistol Whip, used to knock an enemy and keep them off balanced, so you can get to ranged. Again at higher levels, causes knock down.

Shotgun - Uppershot. Fire your shot gun into the chin of your target, causes them to be launched into the air. Uses normal PP

Mechgun - Bulletstorm - use a set amount of PP to cause damage in a radius around the user, has a 50% chance to apply your bullets SE at one level higher then normal.

Twin Handguns - EX ammo. Using a set amount of PP, causes an overdrive in the guns photon production causing its bullets to explode on impact. Causes damage to monsters close to your target.

Crossbow - photon line. Use your crossbows photon line to deal damage to a foe at close range. Has a higher chance to apply SE.

Bow - Triple shot. Your bow's photon reactor builds up, causing you to fire three shots at one time. If more then one bullet hits an enemy, it causes knock down.

Basically everything is a close range attack to try and help the gun user to either apply their SE or get away from whatever it near them.

just stuff off the top of my head however so yeah

Phoenix148
Jun 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
wat about lazer cannon an grenade launcher?

goldbrease
Jun 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
heres some you tube videos of gunkata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIOxsYDHWGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYrEzgmf0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8Ym0ee9fc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBi0Fm8qie0

Vickie
Jun 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
yea that would be cool

Realmz
Jun 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
wat about lazer cannon an grenade launcher?

Grenade launcher would probably just be like the caseals with the grenades do it, whack you with the thing, causes knock down. Will sometimes launch enemies as well

Laser cannon i would probably have you whack infront of you like with a sword, causeing knock down, will sometimes cause blow away.

hows that?

like i said, i'll tend to shy away form the flashy antics of Dante and them with their whacking people into the air and shooting them up. for me being a gunner isn't about being flashy and showing off. It's about taking out mobs before they get the chance to thwack you. So i'd make the PA button do skills that would allow you to get away from the mobs, send them away, or make them more vulnerable.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
Shotgun - Instead of firing five bullets, it fires one large bullet that does the damage of five.

Shotgun (again) - Fires one weak bullet, same as the normal spread, but you can fire the gun very quickly to compensate.

Phoenix148
Jun 16, 2008, 08:33 PM
good thx lol i like the ideas. that, charged shots with status effects based on bullet or gun, or dodging would put a new spin on the gunners' style of play. I can just see someone using the dragon as a sword :D

goldbrease
Jun 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
laser cannon? um lets see i would have a strike with the back of the gun to nock them into the air then jump into the air, using the gun's back again to smack them into the ground then id either have the character launched higher into the air and fire the laser cannon at the grounded mobs or have the character land on the mob firing right into their face.

the higher into the air would probably be better for bosses.

for grenades, id have the first grenade set to not explode on impact and knock the mob down while staying on their chest then a second grenade into the first one making a big explosion.

Rescue
Jun 16, 2008, 09:30 PM
Did they really have to reload using their boobs?

Vickie
Jun 16, 2008, 09:34 PM
naw laser cannons should get a charge up shot that uses all the pp or something

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 10:37 PM
Did they really have to reload using their boobs?Yes, that's what that anime is about.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 16, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, that's what that anime is about.

What do the guys do to reload? :disapprove:

Weeaboolits
Jun 16, 2008, 10:50 PM
What do the guys do to reload? :disapprove:Don't ask me, I only watched one episode, they probably don't get to do anything important, and are just there to make the room look less empty.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
heres some you tube videos of gunkata.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIOxsYDHWGc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYrEzgmf0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8Ym0ee9fc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBi0Fm8qie0

yeah that would be cool if we could have gun specials like this.

mooonbow
Jun 16, 2008, 11:49 PM
lvl 31+ rifles=knockdown only thing you need. if they ever came out with a PA move rifles i would never use them. if the mobs get that close to you then your not a good gunner. but if by chance you are good then just grab olld shotty out!!!!!

Miyoko
Jun 17, 2008, 12:08 AM
I still think they should just make it so enemies have a "headshot" hitbox, that deals 1.5x damage when you hit it in FPS mode... <_<

Ken_Silver
Jun 17, 2008, 12:11 AM
I dunno is i really want to see Guardians pistol whipping enemies and stuff... It sounds cool and all... but I mean I dunno...

But if the melee fighters get to throw their swords like a boomerang to cancel it out, then go ahead...

...wait, even I think that's a bad idea. I take that last line back. Hmm...

Let's get the gunners special shot PA's to use in conjunction with the elemental shot PA's (one button for ice, the other for stun or for penetration) first. Then we'll talk. :)

Ahkaskar
Jun 17, 2008, 12:13 AM
I've been hoping for some alternate shots, maybe even just a charge shot or an elementally neutral shot. Preferably something to make it so that I didn't feel like I had to use multiple guns to easily use all the "proper" elements for a given mission.

While all that gunplay stuff seems cool, I don't see how it could potentially be fit into something that doesn't really have a detailed reactionary system. At best, we have "counter".

Jainsea
Jun 17, 2008, 12:58 AM
Heres my idea, when you use the PA button for -->

GRENADE LAUNCHER~
Sets down a proximity mine that can stick to walls and ceilings. Can launch 3 max at a time, and does knock back as usual , but does more damage and uses more PP to set.
Reduced chance of SE going off as well.

LASER CANNON~
A fixed charge shot when PA button held down, uses PP faster but higher damage output.
If charged to MAX SHOT, it causes knock up.

BOW~
When it strikes the target a photon chain anchors the monster to the ground for a brief time.
Smaller targets need only one, while large ones may need 2-4 . Each shot cost more PP, is a bit weaker then a regular shot and has no SE effect. MAX of 5 bolts at any time.

CROSSBOW~
Fires a special single photon bolt that penetrates the target and does more damage
then a regular shot but non elemental and uses more PP/ fires slow.

SHOTGUN~
Lets out a single solid slug which = 6 shots at the cost of more PP and 3 second
load time added. Has extreme knockback.

MECH GUN~
Photon reactor can switch to a fixed burst shot. On this setting ACC and ATP approve a bit but
the burst cost a bit more PP.

TWIN GUNS~
Auto Dance, lets you shoot at random targets automatically that are within range
no matter where they are at (like behind and such). The char can even do neat little motions as they shot all around them.
Each shot cost more PP.

HAND GUNS~
Photon reactor goes into overdrive and increases your critical rate greatly but at the cost of
50% more PP each shot.

RIFLES~
Sniper mode. Once in this mode your rate of fire increases to 5 seconds/uses
more PP but you do more damage/ critical rate goes up as well.
(sets you into 1st person view but you can see a bit further)

CARDS~
Fires a single non element homing shard that sticks in target and saps away their HP for
a brief time. Target can only be stuck 3 times and each shot cost more PP.

took me awhile to make post so sorry if somethings are kinda said already :(

Touka
Jun 17, 2008, 01:08 AM
What do the guys do to reload? :disapprove:
As far as I remember there weren't any significant males who used guns in the show.Grenadier is the name of the show if anybody wants to know.

goldbrease
Jun 17, 2008, 05:18 AM
As far as I remember there weren't any significant males who used guns in the show.Grenadier is the name of the show if anybody wants to know.

the main character male... sit around most of the time if i remember right. and he uses a sword.

Iduno
Jun 17, 2008, 06:29 AM
I think that we should get the thing tylor sometimes does with his mechgun when you fight him in the 2nd epidode 3 story mission

It probably wouldn't be the most usefull thing but it would still be pretty cool.

(btw. is it just me or is the whole enemys with guns being able to roll and us not being able to taking a shot at timesplitters? :P)

Also I want to be able to take a double handed stance with the pistol to increase atp and acc (so you could only have the pistol on your pallet slot but you would do more damge)

panzer_unit
Jun 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
I'd be happy just with linking a second attack to each gun, even (or especially) if it's limited to normal bullets or frag PA's only.

Handgun - spam your element shots, mix it up with penetrating or healing
Twin handguns, crossbows, shotguns - now you have no excuse to skip the debuff bullets!
Crossbows again - or you can mix burn and zagenga
Rifle - yummy mix of knockdowns and killer shot
Bow - always have the long-range bullet handy just in case
Mechgun - you can have Mayalee Fury around for that ONE enemy where you're like "damn I wish I had MF linked to something"... or you could put the normal attack for PP-friendly stagger spam.
Grenades - oh look boma maga
Lasers - element for damage + knockback shots for crowd control = broken

r00tabaga
Jun 17, 2008, 09:18 AM
I would LOVE to see gun katas for Handguns, Twin Hanguns, & Machineguns.
I would also like charge shots for GL's, Shotties, Bows & Crossbows.
And also duel elementals for Rifles (X=Burning Shot/Y=Frozen Shot)........

MSAksion
Jun 17, 2008, 06:02 PM
I play an online multiplayer Giant Robot shooter called EXTEEL and they have EXellent Gunskills. There are dual gun skills and gun and melee skills that would be so awesome for PSU since they look very similar in effect.

3) Heres one of my favorites - "Superior Ghetto Blaster". Pistol/M-gun & Saber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugNoconqs-s

Right hand Shield does "RISING STRIKE" to launch victim then left hand M-gun shoots the hell out of em. As they fall the Shield arm SMASH blasts them away - similar to part 2 of "RISING STRIKE"

Regular Ghetto Blaster knocks down and in your back your robot unloads a full clip of shots.

2) Another Favorite is "Superior TRIGGER SLICE" - Pistol / M-gun and Saber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnCHYKV36o&feature=related

The left hand has a Pistol or M-gun which Shoots and stuns the victim then the Slash Rushes in and cuts similar to "GRAVITY STRIKE". its a rush stab then a slash sideways exactly like Hyuga's.

Regular trigger slice is one shot and one rush slash that knocks down putting you behind your victim.

1) Now here's something cool - DUAL PISTOLS - Superior Blast Helix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq7OoZCbjlc&feature=related

Now thats a Giant robot doing some Mad Gunkata. Or any John WOO two gun style. Random fire with both arms shooting in all directions, a jump spin to shoot all around 360 degrees then Land with a small CRUNCH.

hopefromPSO
Jun 17, 2008, 07:39 PM
so many have already mentioned this its like retarded, you idea stealers/swagger jackers. having no element is so lame, adding elements to special bullet skill arts would give them more depth (blaze bullet kick or icy spray or something like that). its laready dumb that they dont logically add elements to those PF bullets (aka sleep should be light, also bows and cannons should have charm not shotguns henceforth the love inferno and kohibumiteri and charm would be light just as life steal would be dark and knock down would be earth, simple and so on).

to make those elemental bullet skill arts fit in they could easily give all PA's an element property so it could be a double the element for weapons as well, this could add much mixing and how players could be creative and make things os much even more mixed up for each character to have depth (or etleast the abiltiy to add elemental property to your PA's if you wished).

there's more i could state but i gotta go so bye...?