PDA

View Full Version : I just figured out the NPC AI!

BFGfreak
Jun 17, 2008, 12:10 AM
Basically how it works is you think on what you want your NPC to do, and they do the EXACT opposite. Take Bruce for example, in missions, he's pretty timid, yet you go to Bruce runs, and he's running head-on into enemies with wild abandon. Another good example is when you are leveling PA's: if you arn't, then the NPC runs around like a moron and points their SUV in an empty space, or doesn't nanoblast (or does so in an empty room), yet when you are trying to level PA's, they become super agressive, use knockback PA's, and aim their SUVs in the middle of a crowd, or nanoblast at just the right time to inflict massive damage on your foes.

Anyway, comments?

NDW
Jun 17, 2008, 12:20 AM
Actually, my NPC's do what they're supposed to. I use the GH 450 and Maya Shidow combo for healing, and whenever my HP or one of their HP is low, my GH 450 will use Resta and/or Maya will use either Resta or Giresta.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
??? bruce in my party always attacks he kills everything! my butler too lol

whenever im stunned by the 3 svaltus' in SW they always kill them before im even unstunned

beatrixkiddo
Jun 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
NPC AI: Keep 480 and Curtz alive with Stars and they'll SUV for you.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 01:29 AM
i just kill things too fast for them to hurt my PM!

but thats cuz i have a super nice van brella i call the MAN BRELLA

lol |V|AN BRELLA

beatrixkiddo
Jun 17, 2008, 01:31 AM
Even with my 8/8 Man Brella 480 and Curtz get beat up plenty when I'm soloing Desert Goliath (http://www.psupedia.info/Desert_Goliath) S2

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 01:35 AM
i was just about to say my |V|AN BRELLA isnt helping my 480 right now soloing Desert Goliath S2 :( lol

DjDragoon
Jun 17, 2008, 01:47 AM
Lol, I can sympathize with freak on this one. After killing a room full of monsters I usually yell, "Don't do it!" to tell my party not to nanoblast/SUV. They listen to me... half the time, but I usually can 'feel' when they are about to do something dumb. I don't wanna change my GH424, with axes twice her size, but she's been missing alot with her 1-way SUV. Tylor does good dmg, but he nanoblasts at all the wrong spots. :/

Brainwrecked
Jun 17, 2008, 03:46 AM
Laia always seems to nanoblast when enemy numbers are the smallest non-zero possible. As if to say, "See! I'm not completely useless!"

My PMs with SUVs always manage to fire in the same direction the enemies are facing as if there's a threat in that direction that both SEED-forms and GUARDIANS should team up and destroy, like a wall. Those walls are quite persistent bastards, too. You'd think a MAG Vanda Mehra / PM SUV combo would have allowed me to walk through at least one wall by now without hax.

shadowsniper6
Jun 17, 2008, 04:04 AM
Laia always seems to nanoblast when enemy numbers are the smallest non-zero possible. As if to say, "See! I'm not completely useless!"

My PMs with SUVs always manage to fire in the same direction the enemies are facing as if there's a threat in that direction that both SEED-forms and GUARDIANS should team up and destroy, like a wall. Those walls are quite persistent bastards, too. You'd think a MAG Vanda Mehra / PM SUV combo would have allowed me to walk through at least one wall by now without hax.

mine shoot them walls too .... they seem to SUV after everything is dead.......

furrypaws
Jun 17, 2008, 07:07 AM
...Kinda reminds me of the one time I was playing a mission with my friends. I counted three times that my PM decided to wait until AFTER we had finished the creatures to use her SUV.

I haven't been able to test this, but I think that it's either;

a) They use it as soon as they get it just as long as there are monsters in the room. (More likely)
b) Occasionally, it seems as if they use it when I do. Like, Neither of them (Leo or my PM) will have used their special yet, but when I nanoblast, Leo follows suit most of the time and Kat occasionally uses her SUV. It's either a good coincidence, or a nice bit of programming.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
So yeah, if you're PA training, why do you have NPCs with you?

Dragon_Knight
Jun 17, 2008, 08:33 AM
My PM/cast NPC never use their SUV's at all. But my beast chars use their blasts at random sometimes at a good time others...not so good. Funniest part though is my PM has a habit of switching weapons EVERYTIME she meets a new foe...even ones in the same crowd....and fires three or four seconds after switching even if said monster is dead.

Rust
Jun 17, 2008, 09:16 AM
My PM spams heal, buffs and laughes maniacally. And she killed De Rol Le with her SUV when i was soloing it. Yes, it is GH452. :wacko:

BFGfreak
Jun 17, 2008, 09:50 AM
So yeah, if you're PA training, why do you have NPCs with you?

I'm doing the story missions. If I can boot them, I would. I guess it's the price to pay to get a ton of mob monsters in a short amount of time.

RemiusTA
Jun 17, 2008, 09:51 AM
Basically how it works is you think on what you want your NPC to do, and they do the EXACT opposite. Take Bruce for example, in missions, he's pretty timid, yet you go to Bruce runs, and he's running head-on into enemies with wild abandon. Another good example is when you are leveling PA's: if you arn't, then the NPC runs around like a moron and points their SUV in an empty space, or doesn't nanoblast (or does so in an empty room), yet when you are trying to level PA's, they become super agressive, use knockback PA's, and aim their SUVs in the middle of a crowd, or nanoblast at just the right time to inflict massive damage on your foes.

Anyway, comments?

This was the most hilarious post ive heard in a while

The sad thing is how true it is xD

Eyce_Theon
Jun 17, 2008, 10:19 AM
I'm doing the story missions. If I can boot them, I would. I guess it's the price to pay to get a ton of mob monsters in a short amount of time.

Ah, ok. That's the only good excuse :<

desturel
Jun 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
a) They use it as soon as they get it just as long as there are monsters in the room. (More likely)

Not exactly. I've had my PM on multiple occasions (once as a 452, a few times as a 422, a few times as a 432) do their SUV while I'm at a recharge cube rebuffing. The creatures had died probably 30 seconds prior to me running down to the recharge cube (it happens most often in Sleeping Warriors) then they whip out the SUV for no good reason. O_o

Creatures are long dead and there's no reason for them to do anything but stand around.

stukasa
Jun 17, 2008, 10:58 AM

Anyway, comments?
My experiences with NPCs have been mixed. Sometimes Curtz will fire his SUV into a random wall or Lumia will ask for cover when the enemies are already dead. Other times, though, they do exactly what I need them to do. One time an NPC healed me right after I got hit by Fakis' meteor, before I could use a Trimate. Another time Bruce killed De Ragnus, it was great. :lol:

ThePendragon
Jun 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
It varies from mission to missions for me. On lightning beasts, they usually get the timing perfectly. On other missions, not so much. :p

furrypaws
Jun 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
Aha, I just remembered. Something Maya used to do in PSU v1 offline was, she'd run right into the middle of a group of 5-6 enemies with only a cross bow equipped, fire one shot for like 36 damage and say, "Get that one for me, Furry!"

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2008, 06:11 PM
Aha, I just remembered. Something Maya used to do in PSU v1 offline was, she'd run right into the middle of a group of 5-6 enemies with only a cross bow equipped, fire one shot for like 36 damage and say, "Get that one for me, Furry!"I call hax, all Maya did in ver1 offline was strafe and fire in the wrong direction.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
Return to the ground!

shadowsniper6
Jun 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
i killed all the monsters in the room and the npc got put to sleep .. i was standing there eating .. and the npc use the SUV on the boxs...... and my PM keeps changing weapons when just standing there......... do you ever watch the frogs on WB its funny they move around and look up then move around then look up and repeat... lol its soo funny cause some of them slide when they up against a wall lol if anyone on the 360 version wants to see ill show you lol