PDA

View Full Version : Tact's Etrian Odyssey: The Adventures of the FKLites

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 04:10 PM
Edit: Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. Please lock this as soon as you can, or move it to FKL.

Alright, guys, I've just gotten my hands on Etrian Odyssey 2. I've decided a while back that I would name my guild and characters after all of us. I'll update every once in a while about what happens, including FOE/boss battles and other highlights. Anyway, I still need names for the rest of my character classes. I've picked some names already for some of the characters. If you don't want me to use your name, please speak up and I'll make a new character.

Here are the people so far in the FKLites guild:

Tact (Medic, self-explanatory)
Randomness (Alchemist, elemental "spellcaster")
Sord (Dark Hunter, uses weapons to inflict status ailments)
Ian (Troubadour, uses music to aid the party)
RoninCooper (I wonder what he could be...he's a Ronin, a frontline fighter with elemental sword skills.)
If people want to be a part of this, you can still request one of the classes listed above. However, it would be nice to have people of different classes to give variation to the group. Here are the classes that aren't taken yet.

Protector (Frontline fighter focusing on defense.)
Landsknecht (Frontline fighter who uses swords and axes.)
Survivalist (Archer with bow skills.)
Hexer (Mages with status ailment magic.)
Gunner (Gun users with special bullets.)
War Magus (A hybrid melee/healing class.)
Beast (A loyal beast, good at defending the party.)
Please note that the Beast class isn't available to me yet. If you want to be involved in the adventures, be sure to let me know. :wacko:

Toadthroat
Jun 17, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm still trying to get through EOI ;-;

Randomness
Jun 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'll confess Tact, I named my initial party based on the B4R:
Me-Landsknecht
Tact-Medic
Talon-Protector (Hes always the one GETTING attacked, after all)
Nitro-Alchemist (See:Super Disinfectant)
Talon's alter ego/minion Sasha-Survivalist (Bows)

I just got wiped out. Again. I accidentally stepped in front of a FOE when I was basically dry on TP, and should have already wired back to town. My entire exploration of the fourth floor... gone.

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
Heh, I actually have a funny story about that.

On the first floor, I came across that flowery room with the Venomflies in it. I'd read a little bit about the first game and said "Oh, hell no, I know what's going on here." But the game pre-empted me and the party was savagely killed. :disapprove:

astuarlen
Jun 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
Sine me up. Can I be the Hexer (Mages with status ailment magic.)?

Randomness
Jun 17, 2008, 04:46 PM
I should warn you, theres an 8 character limit to names.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
Can I be a Survivalist Tact?

and :lol: @ Random.

TalHex
Jun 17, 2008, 04:48 PM
can i be the war magus?

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 04:48 PM
I should warn you, theres an 8 character limit to names.

Don't worry about it, I'll shorten names as necessary.

Also, sure to all three of you.

astuarlen
Jun 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
Yay. This is the ultimate in living
-vicariously
-virtually
-lazily
while doing exciting things!

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 05:01 PM
Now, I'll just have you guys know that you won't be seeing a ton of action until I get a steady income of cash. It's hard to use weapon skills when you don't have the required weapons. :wacko:

I've also gotten done with the first mission! Hooray!

Party: Tact, Ian, Random, Sord, and Cooper
We just went out to go get some rock water for a restaurant. We ran into a couple of monsters on the way there, and they hit hard! We all survived the first battle but Cooper died in the second. Eh...well, we got a nice dose of experience points and a couple of new quests opened up.

Scrub
Jun 17, 2008, 05:02 PM
GUNNER
DO IT

Sord
Jun 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
nothing like a poison-tipped knife

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 05:14 PM
I just picked up Etrian 2. Played through one pretty far, quite enjoyed it.
I hear two is just a refined one, with a different story, so this should be good.

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2008, 06:20 PM
Edit: Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. Please lock this as soon as you can, or move it to FKL.

Alright, guys, I've just gotten my hands on Etrian Odyssey 2. I've decided a while back that I would name my guild and characters after all of us. I'll update every once in a while about what happens, including FOE/boss battles and other highlights. Anyway, I still need names for the rest of my character classes. I've picked some names already for some of the characters. If you don't want me to use your name, please speak up and I'll make a new character.

Here are the people so far in the FKLites guild:

Tact (Medic, self-explanatory)
Randomness (Alchemist, elemental "spellcaster")
Sord (Dark Hunter, uses weapons to inflict status ailments)
Ian (Troubadour, uses music to aid the party)
RoninCooper (I wonder what he could be...he's a Ronin, a frontline fighter with elemental sword skills.)
If people want to be a part of this, you can still request one of the classes listed above. However, it would be nice to have people of different classes to give variation to the group. Here are the classes that aren't taken yet.

Protector (Frontline fighter focusing on defense.)
Landsknecht (Frontline fighter who uses swords and axes.)
Survivalist (Archer with bow skills.)
Hexer (Mages with status ailment magic.)
Gunner (Gun users with special bullets.)
War Magus (A hybrid melee/healing class.)
Beast (A loyal beast, good at defending the party.)
Please note that the Beast class isn't available to me yet. If you want to be involved in the adventures, be sure to let me know. :wacko:I'm not a ronin, I'm a cooper... a ronin cooper. .-.

Also, I want alchemist, trade me, Randomness. :<

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 07:07 PM
And the next quest goes down!
Party: Still Tact, Sord, Random, Ian, and Cooper
This time we had to go out into the Labyrinth and kill stuff until we got three Long Pins from the Hedgehogs. The party explored a little bit and found a nice steel hairpin for Randomness. We got the required Long Pins, and then I suggested that we go fight those Venomflies again. But, this time we decided to rest instead of turn around...and guess what? No Venomflies. :disapprove: Perhaps next time we go in, the Venomflies will be back. Ian can use his Health song to keep us from being poisoned.

Edit: We still need a Landsknecht and a Protector, if anyone's interested.

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
I always liked the sprite for the blonde female protector, but I don't know if I'll be taking one this time around... so many choices, so few slots.

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2008, 07:26 PM
What platform is this game anyway?

Randomness
Jun 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
DS...

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
I've decided to grab a Gunner, Hexer, Medic, and Ronin, yet I can't decide on the last one...

Weeaboolits
Jun 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
DS...I don't have very many DS games (I only have Pokemon and The World Ends With You), maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
Back in MY day, we played Wizardry. And if you died in that, you didn't have your precious savegame to rescue you. Auto mapping feature? PAH. You got a piece of oversized grid paper, taped it to something, and made your own map with pencil and paper.

VanHalen
Jun 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
I want to be a Protector. I really like defense based fighter classes.

TalHex
Jun 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
sounds remarkably like the dungeons from the legend of zelda: oracle of seasons & ages

yeah you got a map, but it was so low in detail that you would do a better job drawing one yourself, kids today are lazy... with their magic compasses and maps... :(

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
Wizardry was the kind of game where you NEEDED a map. No real landmarks, only able to see the square in front of you, generic brick walls... you lack a map and you get lost.

The teleport spell, for escaping? You needed to know the exact up/down/forward/backward ratio to get out, or else you'd meet one of these fun fates:
Solid rock. Enjoy your instantaneous death.
Castle moat. Enjoy your drowning.
Midair. Enjoy your fall.

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 07:58 PM
I want to be a Protector. I really like defense based fighter classes.

Alright, you're the Protector.

I still don't know when I'll get someone else into the action. I'll do some money-hoarding and see if I can get some equipment for one of the other classes.

Randomness
Jun 17, 2008, 08:39 PM
Tact, theres a shortcut on the first floor in the room with the FOE, lower right corner on the map, leading south into the encounter-free entrance area. You have to use it from the north before you can go both ways. As long as you save first, you can just take in a pair of newbie survivalists, dump everything in take, and go to a take point to get items that sell at about 20 each. So about 120/run, one run/day. However, there is a chance when gathering to have a FOE ambush you... so... SAVE FIRST!

Oh, and I've reached the 5th floor, though I decided to just hit the pole and get out of there. I then used said pole to quickly reach floor 4 for leveling, and did quite well for myself... until I was ready to leave and realized... no warp wire. Needless to say, Game Over +1.

Retniwreven
Jun 17, 2008, 08:41 PM
A pair of survivalists? Pff. In my day I took a full team of five with all their points in the various gather skills.

Good money.

Randomness
Jun 17, 2008, 08:43 PM
The issue is that the gather points are further away this time, and that FOEs can appear randomly now. Right now I have two takers and a chopper, and have yet to make a miner.

Tact
Jun 17, 2008, 10:28 PM
Tact, theres a shortcut on the first floor in the room with the FOE, lower right corner on the map, leading south into the encounter-free entrance area.

I actually noticed that from the south side...I put a note there for later. I love the notes, they help a lot.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 07:54 AM
I use the little set of two arrows pointing at each other for transfers, myself.
My current team:
Natsume: Brown-haired Ronin.
Nyx: Pink-haired Dark Hunter.
Lycoris: Blue-haired Hexer.
Pastel: Orange-haired Medic
Capella: Blonde Gunner.

And then I have two reserve teams, Clones 1-10, for my gathering needs. Nothing like a mad bum rush towards a gather point. Everyone's fully equipped with cash to spare. =X

Couldn't decide who to give the Town Crown to, so my gunner has it.

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
I decided not to use my password and start from scratch...

I like the arrow icons for one-way and two-way passages. And they gave us three floor colors, so we can paint hazard floors! And three gather icons. I'm using green for chop, blue for mine, and purple for take, myself.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 09:47 AM
I'm just putting an icon down and using a note saying what it is that the party finds there.

*needs to go make five Survivalists with Escape Up and Take* :wacko:

Sord
Jun 18, 2008, 09:56 AM
So I finally bothered to look at the gameplay on youtube, and I must say... how the hell do people find that kind of gameplay fun. Comprehending that style of play as fun is beyond me. The style is like the epitomy of menu based play (which I happen to hate very very much.) Sure, I guess for some it might be nice that it has a nonstalgic feel, it's very retro, that's for sure. Thing is, I hated it then to, so that doesn't effect me either. Eh well, as long as someone finds it fun I guess it serves a purpose.

Tessu
Jun 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
...I still don't understand this thread.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm supposed to be chronicling what I'm doing in the Labyrinth. It's a bit slow because it's so hard to get money, but getting Take skills should fix that.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 10:59 AM
It's not really that hard. Five level 1 survivalists, either with everything in take, or two take and one escape up if you really care, make a mad rush to the gather point on the first floor. I prefer the one behind the F.O.E. because it seems to pay off more with fruit instead of flowers.

I've only run into the Rafflesia once, and it was at the other gather point.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 11:46 AM
I prefer the one behind the F.O.E. because it seems to pay off more with fruit instead of flowers.

There's that, and it's much easier to get there with the shortcut into the FOE's room.

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
So, the Chimaera King is owning me... I can get it down about 1/3 before its friends waltz in... then they proceed to buff it, and heal it. Its supposedly vulnerable to poison, but my poison mist always fails.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
I'm levelling up my Hexer's Poison Curse. Nothing like a 105% chance of poison on all enemies that does 295 damage per round, for a mere 15 TP.
(At level 10)

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
Thats... deadly. Whats the req for poison?

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 03:21 PM
Chimaera, King of Beasts:DEAD BY POISON

Seriously, I was getting over 300 damage from the poison each turn. (Though it took three tries to land, even at level 10) It outdid the rest of my party... though only two people were attacking. Chimaera is ice-weak, btw.

Party:
Landsknecht-Cleaver with Allslash when the Slaveimp joined in
Protector-All Guard, every turn.
Alchemist-Ice, Ice, Ice, etc.
Medic-Turn 1-Freeze Oil on L, healing after that
Hexer-Only level 10 (Just high enough to have poison mastered), spammed poison until it landed, then used items

Reward from mission:1500en. Beast class unlocked by visiting a certain space in 5th floor. First Geomagnetic Field is online, for floor 6 and second stratum.

I'm gonna raise some other chars. Gunner, Beast, Dark Hunter, Ronin.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
Heh, I just had the unfortunate occurance of running into an FOE that was right on the other side of the door and invisible on the map. :disapprove:

Here's pretty much how the battle went:
1. Furyhorn attacks first, kills Cooper and Ian.
2. Everyone remaining tries to escape, it kills Sord.
3. Randomness uses Nectar on Sord, I try to escape.
4. Furyhorn kills me, Sord is revived.
5. Sord successfully escapes and hastily uses a Warp Wire to get back to town.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 03:43 PM
I explored most of the second floor, ran into... I dunno, some random encounter, but there was one monster left and half my team was poisoned. I tried to run, failed, a FOE joined the fight, and I got a lovely game over screen.

Unlocked a TON of stuff via loot and harvesting though. 2 more pins and I get some awesome Katana. Unlocked a gun that's like 43 attack and 3 str as well.

P.s. use Volt on the Poison Fly things to get Lymph. For the gun.
Oh right, and for the poison? Raise your Hexer's luck. Luck is gooooood for status adding.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 03:48 PM
Oh, you found a Wakizashi as well? Yeah, I found the place with the four different class-specific "warp" locations. I have a Dark Hunter, so he got a nice new whip. The Alchemist one (Upper right) is a Flame Jar. I don't know how useful it is yet, but I guess I'll go into the Labyrinth and try it before resetting.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 03:50 PM
Warp locations? Haven't found that.
The Waikazashi isn't the one I'm talking about, it has some funny name. I'll check next time I go to town but it adds a bunch of strength to her.
Edit: The katana is called a Warabide.
Double Edit: Found the warp thingy.

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'd better level up the gunner I made so I can voltshot for that lymph stuff...

Tact, FOEs are only invisible on spaces you haven't stepped on. Or if they're purple ones... *shudders* (2nd stratum, and early in, and its STRONG.)

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 04:16 PM
Lymph Gun specs:
Matchlock
Its Claw decreases the impact from enemy hits.
ATK +46 STR +3

She can one-shot the flies now with Volt. Does like 107 damage with it at level 5.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
...Oh. :disapprove: Well, that's sort of stupid. I can tell that there's a floor there, so why can't I tell that there's an FOE there?

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 04:22 PM
...Oh. :disapprove: Well, that's sort of stupid. I can tell that there's a floor there, so why can't I tell that there's an FOE there?

To mess with the people who copy maps, really. Though it is a little silly if you've been in the room.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
Ah, new weapon GET.
Warabide:
Its tip is curved inward and rounded off.
ATK +39 STR +2

My Ronin and Gunner can now one-shot first floor mobs with normal attacks.

Edit: Woo! Beat up a Furyhorn, got a Gum Hide, and unlocked Wing Leaf armor.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
Beat the second mission with the guard rescuing.
Unlocked a few new items like a Maimai Bat, Nail Glove, Iron Glove, and Color Boot.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
It's interesting how we unlock items at different speeds and at different times. I don't have half of the stuff that you do, and at the same time I had the rest of it before you did.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 07:39 PM
The Maimai Bat I got from selling like 30-40 of the husk bits the snails on the first floor drop.
Nail Glove... I think I sold a gum vine from a Rafflesia. Iron Glove was something else... animal hides or somesuch. Color Boot was ladybug shells.

Also, kill the red-horned rhinos with fire for a solid red horn instead of pieces of one.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
Wait, you beat Rafflesia? Does that mean it's just a powerful monster and not an FOE?

I have the Maimai Bat and the Color Boot. I don't have the Gum Vines or the Animal Hides yet.

Retniwreven
Jun 18, 2008, 08:13 PM
The hides I got from killing the FOEs on floor 2. Also got a Deer Hide that way. You can get the hides from the roller things as well, I think.

Yeah, Raffle isn't that strong, from what I can tell. It died in two turns. Not sure if it's a FOE or a normal monster, but it doesn't feel as hard as a FOE. It dropped the Gum Vine.

Mission two was pretty macabre. I mean, some deer prancing around a bloodstained corpse filled meadow? Yeesh.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 08:24 PM
I think it's funny how I took the quest to kill Gnashtor (or whatever the floor 1 FOE is), and then I realized I couldn't take him on. I quit the quest and Gnashtor immediately became too wounded to move again. :wacko:

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 10:00 PM
Rafflesia is a regular enemy that appears on floor 5, can be summoned to battle by ladybugs, and likes to ambush you at gather points.

Gashtor seems to be a one-time fight, he hasn't respawned and its like the 12th of Dormouse for me. (Whereas other FOEs I killed later have already reappeared.) I need to head to that warp area on floor 4 too...

As to unlocking items differently... I wouldn't have ever noticed Lymph were it not for Retni pointing out how to get it. I'm going to level a beast, see how it does.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
Ah, so it's a regular enemy. As soon as I saw it's large bulk on my screen, my brain immediately went into "Oh, f^%&." mode and told everyone to escape.

I'll have to try beating it down next time.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2008, 10:18 PM
I tried reading this thread, I really did.

@o@

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 10:28 PM
Its got somewhere between 250 and 300 hp, and can unleash a 35-damage poison. Not a fun enemy, I generally just Cleaver->Fire first turn.

Oh, and while browsing stats on beast's moves... I stumbled upon how to get Chimaera's special drop. Kill it while its poisoned. So I do that. Sell value of regular drop:1k+ Sell value of special drop:30k. I'm serious. I'm loaded. And for the meager pirce of 70en I can respawn it. (70en=14 nights at the inn with a level 1 char. 14 days is the respawn on bosses.) As an added bonus, the beast is worth a shitload of xp, I'd estimate around 5-6k.

I also unlocked a bow that costs over 200k. No joke, this is probably the second strongest bow in the game, if not the strongest, it's comparable to EO1's Arc Drawer, which required the Ice Spine, a special drop from Cotrangl, the third stratum boss.

I should note that the most valuable single drop I ever found in EO1 was Shroud, dropped by the one-time-only endgame boss, worth about 15k I think.

Tact
Jun 18, 2008, 10:34 PM
Holy cow, man...how are you getting through this dungeon so quickly? :disapprove:

You probably have more guts than I do in terms of adventuring. My party's level 8 on the third floor. I bet I'm being overly cautious in not proceeding.

Randomness
Jun 18, 2008, 10:50 PM
I got the game Monday morning, I think I was well into the second floor when you got it. I've barely worked on the 6th at all, since it wasn't very profitable...

I'm probably going to level my new gunner some, then do up a sabertooth tiger. Also, this is the one series where the gamefaqs boards beat out the actual faqs in info. (The only faqs worth mentioning are the maps)

astuarlen
Jun 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
Boo, I'm still a benchwarmer. 3:

Retniwreven
Jun 19, 2008, 01:15 AM
Well here's some stuff on special drops copied from the Gamefaqs board.

Stratum 1
Hedgehog - Long Pin - kill on first turn
Venomfly - Lymph - kill with volt
Redhorn - Red Horn - kill with fire
Kingmai - Iron Shell - kill with ice (unlocks an ice elemental katana, woo!)
Evil Eye - Gem Eye - kill with poison/on first turn?
Cube Gel - Fiber Hide - kill with fire
Raflesia - Gum Vine - Kill on first turn?
Stalker - ??? - ???
Chimera - Brute Wing - Kill while poisoned (sells for 30k, unlocks a 231k bow)

Stratum 2
Mystue - Holed Rock - kill with a piercing attack
Fangleaf - Bent Twig - ??? (doesn't seem to be a kill move, maybe 1 turn kill)
Garuchi - Ruby Scale - kill with volt
Tortmail - Armor Bone - (my medic got the final blow? I guess kill with bash?)
Red Gel - Ice Fiber - kill with ice
Addleowl - Curse Nail - kill with fire?
Redwood - Beast Hide - ???
Trigourd - Bendy Tool - ??? (killed with both instakill and lightning)
Hellion - Sharp Claw - insta kill (sells for 30k, unlocks a 267k axe)

Stratum 3
Fishman - Dew Scale - Kill wiht ice
Moriyama - Front Wing - kill with volt
Sleipnir - White Hoof - bind its legs
clawbug - Stag Horn - kill with pierce?
Hugecrab - whole hull - instakill?
redfish? - red scale? - kill with fire?
Killclaw - space husk - piercing?
Icefiend - ??? - ???

Mixfortune
Jun 19, 2008, 04:26 AM
You need to update your opening post. I went partway through the thread just to find out Protector was taken. Pah I say. A pah upon your family!

Randomness
Jun 19, 2008, 09:56 AM
Insta-pwn a boss? Reminds me of the Golem in EO1. I ended up using Climax for that, though Kibiuchi would be better...

Edit:
Riot gun (gunner's force skill) has a wonderful animation. It looks like you're hitting them with a gatling gun. Also on the gunners are wonderful topic, wildshot hits EVERY enemy, even at level 1, which is far more than allslash does. (It only gets 4 hits max, and only for sure at 10)

Retniwreven
Jun 19, 2008, 11:59 AM
So far my gunner has all elemental shots at level 1, and will soon have all bind shots at level 1. Then I intend to raise Stun Shot a bit for the big battles.

After that? Ricochet. Lulz @ like what... six shots at once?

Randomness
Jun 19, 2008, 12:38 PM
1-3, with it shifting higher with more levels. I;m working my beast right now... and beast is a good word for them. Its level 13 or so, but takes significantly less damage than my level 23 landsknecht. It can also deal out decent damage in the second stratum... I'm thinking it'll replace my protector down the line, using loyalty to take hits for others, aegis to half damage, and tenacity to ignore fatal wounds. Oh, and then use maul to turn that 1 hp into a beastial blow. Of course, I need something like 20 more levels to just start getting that going.

As for gunners, I haven't even touched the binds, I'm thinking more along the lines of using ricochet for single enemies, wildshot for groups, riskvolt to cover for my alchemist's lack of volt attacks, and medishot to help my medic deal with statuses. Thats only up to level 30 or so with skill points I think.

Retniwreven
Jun 19, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm taking the bind shots because at level 1 they have a 40% chance of bind, which only improves to 50% at 5, so one point is all you really need. Plus this way if I REALLY need something bound, I can use my hexer, hunter, gunner, and perhaps even ronin to attempt it.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2008, 01:04 PM
Huh. Not bad then.

Retniwreven
Jun 19, 2008, 01:08 PM
With Sneaker and a team of chop/escape survivalists, I made it to the chop point on floor 4 only to discover it has nothing special. And a Raflesia killed me twice.

Randomness
Jun 19, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well, I've now simply dashed through to the 8th floor and a repeat of the Wyvern mission in EO1. The levels I gained on everyone else while leveling my beast paid off. Speaking of which, it holds its own at level 15, while the rest of my party is now 25. Beasts. Rule. (The equips its using help)

Retniwreven
Jun 22, 2008, 04:14 AM
Well, beat up Chimera. Nothing too much else to note. Killed it with poison so wooo, 30k. I should rest for 14 days and farm some more. =X

Randomness
Jun 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
Get the beast class?

Tact
Jun 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
I got up to the fifth floor, but I'm holding off on the Chimera until I've leveled everyone up again. That would put everyone at level 15.

Randomness
Jun 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
Both Chimaera and Hellion die easily to a poison 10. 300 damage/turn rocks.

Also, Medic's Phoenix skill is AMAZING. Saved my life on Hellion. Everyone else dead, medic critically low, Phoenix revives everyone else to full, kills the medic. Nectar medic, continue the battle! It was close, but I beat it. Stratum three is all snowy.

Retniwreven
Jun 22, 2008, 08:04 PM
I've been slacking. Playing other games n' such. =D
Chimera I killed at 12. Everyone except my Ronin survived, gained two levels each. I smacked it around, bound its arms and legs, poisoned it, then let poison do its work as the imps popped in one by one, and killed them each in a round.

Randomness
Jun 22, 2008, 08:25 PM
The imps all get one-shotted by poison 10 as well.

Been exploring a bit on floor 11... and I don't like flying, pursuing FOEs. One of the enemies can summon a pair of new enemies to the fight. I didn't unlock anything when I took in one each of the special drops from Fishmen and Moriyanas, so I probably need more. Also to do:Chop in second and third strata.

Retniwreven
Jun 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
List courtesy of someone named Terence from Gamefaqs. =X

Hedgehog: Long Pin (50%, Kill in 1 Turns)
Venomfly: Lymph (80%, Kill with Volt Element)
Redhorn: Red Horn (80%, Kill with Fire Element)
Kingmai: Iron Shell (70%, Kill with Ice Element)
Evil Eye: Gem Eye (70%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Cube Gel: Fiber Hide (80%, Kill with Stab Element)
Raflesia: Gum Vine (50%, Kill with Cut Element)

Mystue: Holed Rock (85%, Kill with Stab Element)
Garauchi: Ruby Scale (80%, Kill with Volt Element)
Tortmail: Armor Bone (75%, Kill with Bash Element)
Red Gel: Ice Fiber (75%, Kill with Ice Element)
Addleowl: Curse Nail (80%, Kill with Fire Element)

Fishman: Dew Scale (75%, Kill with Ice Element)
Moriyana: Front Wing (80%, Kill with Volt Element)
Sleipnir: White Hoof (100%, Kill while Legs are bound)
Clawbug: Stag Horn (60%, Kill with Cut Element)
Hugecrab: Whole Hull (75%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Redfish: Red Scale (75%, Kill with Fire Element)

Windsnip: Wind Blade (80%, Kill with Volt Element)
Big Moth: Dark Lymph (75%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Wrathbud: Blue Petal (90%, Kill in 1 Turns)
Petaloid: Hazard Bud (95%, Kill with Death Status)
Venombug: Curve Horn (75%, Kill with Fire Element)

Mandrake: Coal Brick (85%, Kill with Fire Element)
Ebonwing: Coal Skull (75%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Steelgun: Gold Arm (95%, Kill while Arms are bound)
Gemzard: Head Gem (80%, Kill with Ice Element)
Armorman: True Soul (65%, Kill with Bash Element)

Kingcap: Closed Cap (75%, Kill with Death Status)
Trihorn: Whole Horn (45%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Muckdile: Iron Fang (90%, Kill with Cut, Bash or Stab Element)

Awebull: Beast Meat (100%, Kill in 3 Turns)
Flygourd: Curse Vine (100%, Kill while completely bound)
Dinolich: Sword Rib (35%, Don't kill with Stab Element)
Asterios: Axe Shard (85%, Kill while Arms are bound)
Riptor: Call Horn (85%, Kill while Head is bound)
Raidmole: Sword Claw (85%, Kill while Arms are bound)
Kilohorn: Kilo Horn (85%, Kill while Head is bound)
Icefiend: Evil Rock (65%, Kill with Bash Element)
Pollener: Hazard Bud (95%, Kill with Death Status)
Stalker: Harvester (100%, Kill in 1 Turns)
Beamedge: Sword Chip (90%, Kill in 3 Turns)
Iceking: Ice Bone (95%, Kill in 5 Turns)

Chimaera: Brute Wing (100%, Kill while Poisoned)
Hellion: Sharp Claw (100%, Kill with Death Status)
Scylla: Snow Bone (100%, Kill in 3 Turns)
Harpuia: Cut Quill (100%, Kill while Poisoned)
Colossus: Red Spine (95%, Don't kill with Cut/Bash/Stab Elements)
Salamox: Flame Puff (100%, Kill with Fire Element)
Golem: Statue Arm (100%, Kill with Death Status)
Wyvern: Tough Wing (100%, Kill in 7 Turns)
Briareus: Giant Post (95%, Kill with Bash Element)
Wyrm: Fire Fang (100%, Kill with Fire Element)
Drake: Frost Bone (100%, Kill with Ice Element)
Dragon: Amp Barbel (100%, Kill with Volt Element)

Randomness
Jun 22, 2008, 10:50 PM
I see the dragons of the first game have returned... wonder if it means stratum 6 will be a repeat of Claret Hollows... And Golem and Wyvern are back, though Wyvern is more generous... (Was 3 turns in the first)

The same Terrence has a bunch of nice skill listings towards the end of the EO2 topic listings.

Randomness
Jun 24, 2008, 11:58 AM
So far, the months are:
Emperor
Dormouse
Taurus
Summoner

I should be moving into the fifth month soon, I've been using a level 1 character to rest 14 days to refight the first two bosses for the xp and drops. Its a lot more efficient than fighting random encounters, and is helping me get my hexer revenge and level a whips DH.

Retniwreven
Jun 24, 2008, 12:30 PM
I've never played a NON-whip DH. Heh.
Also I've used the pink drillhaired one each time.

ShinMaruku
Jun 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ShinMaruku/Funny.gif
For shame people

TalHex
Jun 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
i did not need to see that...

ShinMaruku
Jun 24, 2008, 01:21 PM
Them Mojos look like they are scheming...

TalHex
Jun 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gifhttp://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojoemote.gif

ShinMaruku
Jun 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
Naughty mojos...

TalHex
Jun 24, 2008, 01:31 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/mojo-21.jpg

Randomness
Jun 24, 2008, 01:50 PM
Mojos are always scheming. But for a good cause. Probably.

Now in the month of Tiger. With enough cash to buy the Zamiel Bow (From Chimaera's special drop) Leveling a DH and hexer, so hitting the first two bosses' conditions is easy.