PDA

View Full Version : AotI Simple Update Wishlist

xBladeM6x
Jun 18, 2008, 03:13 AM
Basically, i want to know what kind of simple updates you would like to see done to PSU. When i say simple update however, i don't mean any of these:

1:Make the game harder/easier

2: Fix Slowdown

3.... etc etc...

All that typical stuff. What i mean is what simple updates to the start menu would you like to see. Such as in the community tab for example.

What i would like to see them do with the community functions is basically add a little thing that will tell you when someone has signed into PSU. Like at the bottom of your screen it would say in a little box: "Someone" Has Signed In. Or how on partner cards it could show the face of that person, and they could make it whatever "smile" they wanted it to be. Just like the NPC cards.

What do you guys think? ^^;

Chuck_Norris
Jun 18, 2008, 03:16 AM
That sounds cool. I'd also like to get those extra 4 charcter slots JP got a while ago. >>

Proff
Jun 18, 2008, 03:18 AM
I'd love it if you could just sign off one character and immediately go to the Character Select screen, rather than have to go all the way back out to the title screen. It's not as bad on the PC but on PS2 it's a good two minutes just to switch characters.

xBladeM6x
Jun 18, 2008, 03:25 AM
I'd love it if you could just sign off one character and immediately go to the Character Select screen, rather than have to go all the way back out to the title screen. It's not as bad on the PC but on PS2 it's a good two minutes just to switch characters.

Yeah... I really wish it would just return you to the damn title screen and not the White Screens. Playing on a 50 Inch DLP HDTV in a small room.... Yeah My eyes used to be this --> o_o... Now they are this ---> @_@ From how bright it ends up getting =.=

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2008, 03:32 AM
Ack, font size messes with my eyes. @o@

I'd like to be able to link more than one PA to a weapon, that'd be so cool.

kurisu1974
Jun 18, 2008, 03:56 AM
I would like to jump to any lobby from my room, for the normal fee of course.

soolayah
Jun 18, 2008, 03:58 AM
I'd like a separate wardrobe that'd look pretty much exactly like the clothes shops. My ton of clothes wouldn't clog up my pm, and I'd be able to see what they look like without having to take them out at random and go to the dressing room. :wacko:

Chuck_Norris
Jun 18, 2008, 04:00 AM
I would like to jump.

Fix'd. :wacko:

kurisu1974
Jun 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
LOL. That's actually a great idea too.

Brainwrecked
Jun 18, 2008, 04:09 AM
I'd like to see something, perhaps accessible from the GUARDIANAS counter on Clyez City, that would allow you to search for parties across all Universes. You could limit searches by people on your PC list only, by mission, by open parties, etc.

Also, fix searches so that up to 8 pages (or whatever the limit is) can come up in searches instead of just one, like the player shop search function. ><

Chibi_psu
Jun 18, 2008, 04:15 AM
Just one mission:The clothier

BTW it would be nice if they could give s rank cards to guntecher,s rank whips to wartecher too

Arada
Jun 18, 2008, 04:19 AM
- I'd like to start in my room. Not in front of it.

- Being able to switch characters on the same account more easily without getting back to the title screen.

- I'd like a photon charge to fully refill my left and right hand weapons.

- Go to any lobby from My Room.

- On partner cards, when a contact is in his room, I'd like the game to not display he's in "My Room".

- More space in the common box.

- Being able to see room decorations (a sample visit ;) ) before buying them.

- Same with photon arts.

- Being able to put some items "On Display" in the shop, not buyable but so that everyone would be able to see them. It'd enable more trades and less useless responses from the search engine. It'd also encourage bragging but I can bear with it.

- Being able to see what are the top 3 most crowded lobbies.

Coxy
Jun 18, 2008, 04:20 AM
We are getting number 3 on your list Arada

r00tabaga
Jun 18, 2008, 09:24 AM
In the case that someone who has any say reads these posts or passes them on to someone who does...here's my new top ten wishlist for a new PSU expansion.

1. Allow 360 users to configure/map their controllers to their liking
2. Real shadows instead of "shaded circles" underneath players
3. All S-missions should have mutated creatures and altered backgrounds
4. Two more create-a-player slots
5. More faces to choose from (Asian/Black)
6. PA button use for guns
7. Special ability for Newmans (PB Blast???)
8. More enemy types
9. PSO style weapons (retractable Psycho Wands,Slicer Assassins,Brionics/Dark Flow,etc.)
10. Few more beast forms!!!

Please don't flame me too bad..........................

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2008, 09:44 AM
In the case that someone who has any say reads these posts or passes them on to someone who does...here's my new top ten wishlist for a new PSU expansion.

1. Allow 360 users to configure/map their controlers to their liking
8. More enemy types
9. PSO style weapons (retractable Psycho Wands,Slicer Assassins,Brionics/Dark Flow,etc.)

2. There is an option for real shadows on PC version, but it gets quite a bit slower with shadows x.x
3. That would be nice...^^
4 - 6. Agreed
7. Not going to happen...I guess...and if Newmans did get anything, Humans would complain xD...
8 - 9. Same as 4 - 6.
10. There is a Defense form, Attack form, Evasion + Accuracy form and Invincible form...I guess there are no more things to make new beast forms...unless it's a Black beast with twin axes hahahaha (jk)

Midicronica
Jun 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
Give it some time. Sega will completely turn this to PSO EPV very soon.

Jokes aside, I agree with you on some of them. There's absolutely no reason why the 360 version should still have the circular shadows. The gun PA thing has always been a great idea but there is no chance of ever seeing it. #3 would be great to see. As for #8, don't worry more reskins are on the way. :wacko:

r00tabaga
Jun 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
and who doesn't love reskins!? -haha!

I really don't mind having beasts and casts be the only races w/abilities but I know that Photon Blasts were really cool in PSO and it would make sense to give forces something sorta "magical" like PB's.....I really do miss PSO weapons that have unique features and/or visuals (like Flowen's Sword's blade changing colors or the Psycho Wand) but am happy either way. ;) Just some random ideas--------->

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
Throw in Delbiters, Gibbles, Deldepths, Morfos, Epsilons, Goran Detonators, and Girtablulus. Then we'd all die.

Elley
Jun 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
I wish....

People would do other things besides White Beast. :p

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 01:32 PM

1. Allow 360 users to configure/map their controllers to their liking
8. More enemy types

1) I'm A PC player. Good luck though :razz:
2) Again PC player. Too bad my PC would crash with shadows
3) I'd say make S3 missions and any monster in them or higher should be mutated/altered
4) Hell to the Yes! (Scrubs quote)
5) Sure, why not? (But I'm black and I'm fine with the options as it is)
6) Indeed. Highway robbery to Gunners.
7) Agree but it won't happen. And humans get the ability to be neutral and get nothing. It makes sense for humans to have nothing. It's an insult to newman however.
8] Do you mean element or new monsters? Either one is fine. But expect reskins
9) Meh, go ahead. But I also want new unique weapons.
10) Yeah, ST can come up a bit more if they use some imagination :D

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
More rollbacks....

RemiusTA
Jun 18, 2008, 03:14 PM
I wish....

/thread

furrypaws
Jun 18, 2008, 03:17 PM
Being able to invite/mail from a partner card directly. I can't remember which one I can't do, I just remember it was always a bit of a nuisance.

Make the shared box MORE THAN THIRTY TWO SPACES. That's not even enough to transfer a character's PA's if they're maxed out, let alone their inventory as well, and if you're thinking of transferring most of a bank, well, expect to be like me and have to waste an hour on it.

I'm especially ticked at this because that's the sole reason I didn't receive a Tails statue.

Zarode
Jun 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
More guns please?

Lumenesca
Jun 18, 2008, 03:25 PM

Your bullet is your photon art. -_-

I heard that they're going to create "summoning" for Newmans. I'm not 100% sure if that's true, though.

Lumenesca
Jun 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
I wish....

Amen.

fayt6
Jun 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
harder/ easyer ??? how is that possible?

EtherForce
Jun 18, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'd like to see something, perhaps accessible from the GUARDIANAS counter on Clyez City, that would allow you to search for parties across all Universes. You could limit searches by people on your PC list only, by mission, by open parties, etc.

Seconded. Maybe that or a party recruitment window or something. Then it would be easier to find parties who are not running White Beast, heh heh.

- On partner cards, when a contact is in his room, I'd like the game to not display he's in "My Room".

Yeah, I always found this annoying. It should say the name of the character's room they are currently in like "Jet's Room" or "Ether's Room," etc.

Kylie
Jun 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
harder/ easyer ??? how is that possible?
Easy. Make some missions harder like White Beast, and some easier like HSM S. Personally, I'd like to see more missions and clothes (etc.), more balancing, and most of the stuff on Arada's list.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2008, 07:21 PM
Fix robot slowdown

ADD MORE CHARACTER SLOTS

Let me change proportion!

Maybe i dont want kitty to be fat sometimes :( maybe sometimes i would like to enjoy a nice fit sexy beast :( lol

and i want my cast to be shorter sometimes too :P

Ahkaskar
Jun 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
- I'd like to start in my room. Not in front of it.

- Being able to switch characters on the same account more easily without getting back to the title screen.

- I'd like a photon charge to fully refill my left and right hand weapons.

- Go to any lobby from My Room.

- More space in the common box.

- Being able to see room decorations (a sample visit ;) ) before buying them.

- Same with photon arts.

- Being able to put some items "On Display" in the shop, not buyable but so that everyone would be able to see them. It'd enable more trades and less useless responses from the search engine. It'd also encourage bragging but I can bear with it.

- Being able to see what are the top 3 most crowded lobbies.

I'd like to be able to link more than one PA to a weapon, that'd be so cool.

I'd like a separate wardrobe that'd look pretty much exactly like the clothes shops. My ton of clothes wouldn't clog up my pm, and I'd be able to see what they look like without having to take them out at random and go to the dressing room. :wacko:

8. More enemy types

^ These.

Also, these:

- Capability of using a weapon more than once on my palette, eliminating the need for multiple single hand pistols, multiple box-openers (i.e., cheap sabers) and exact duplicates of technic configurations on multiple technic weapons.

- More item palette space, or add a whole extra palette for traps.

- Ability to test out weapons akin to renting a copy that could break to test statistics and looks. (albeit with some limitations to prevent people from buying like 20 copies of an uber weapon and using them to finish a mission)

- Alternate fire for all two-handed guns. (i.e. alternate shot elements or melee knockback attacks for Rifle, Bow, Grenade, etc)

- More attack commands for twin/two-handed weapons. (perhaps alternate PA/strike commands)

- Tweak of all mission XP and rewards to bring them up to "White Beast" standards

- More technic variety for "casting" characters

- Let characters level PAs to "15" instead of "10" or "25" instead of "20". (If they let us go only as far as 21, the cost would go up, making the damage/PP cost go down, in most cases)

- Reduce certain weapon specializations, such as giving S-Rank Double Sabers to the Fortefighter, A-Rank Rifles OR A-Rank Bows to the Fighgunner, S-Rank Crossbows to the Fighgunner, S-Rank T-MAGs to the Guntecher, S-Rank Laser Cannons to the Guntecher and S-Rank Whips to the Wartecher.

- Increase low type/job-level statistics for Guntecher and Protranser. These types shouldn't be so painful to level up.

- Reduce meseta cost of EX traps.

Edit: Okay, so I've gone a bit further than a "simple" wishlist. Oops. :P I think they're legitimate requests, though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2008, 08:32 PM
My wishlist...
Increase the character slots (1 to 4 new char slots, would be happy with at least 1 or 2 ^^;)
More new clothes, new hairstyles and such.
New voices, or even an option to change between us voices and jp voices (not gonna happen XD).
As was said before, logging out going to the character change menu...or having the option "Log out" stay as it is now and a new option "Change Character" to go to the character change menu.

This one I guess it isn't for this topic, since it isn't "simple" xD
Rebalancing all missions (v1 and aoi) so we don't have missions with lvl 80 monsters on highest difficulty ._.
Something like:
C - lvl 5 to 25 monsters
B - lvl 25 to 50
A - lvl 50 to 100
S - lvl 100 to 150
S2 - lvl 150+

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 18, 2008, 10:08 PM
I want Santa Clause(Sonic Team) to giive me:
1. more space for partner cards.
2. More room space, or decoration points.
3. Umm... What everyone else said. ^^

Brainwrecked
Jun 18, 2008, 11:08 PM

Innovation: something you didn't know you needed, but once you use it, you can't live without it. Good call, soolayah!

How about storing clothes in a closet instead of PM and being able to create your own presets for different combinations of clothing? Build your presets by donning clothes normally, but have an extra option somewhere to Save Outfit or something. Then you can scroll through the list of My Outfits, having your character's clothes change accordingly. Select from the list, and your character is dressed for the day!

furrypaws
Jun 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
Don't make any items (besides leveled PAs) unable to be traded.

*stares out now useless-waste-of-4-silver bathtub* :(

Criss
Jun 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
Streamline the friend card viewer, mail and party invite menus. No reason to have three different menus for functions all related to partner cards. Also, display who's room the player is in.

Give a visual overview to the menus. The little grey lining looks pretty bland in comparison to the flashy tech-looking menus of PSO. Giving menus a more high-tech look while keeping it somewhat minimalistic and practical would be great.

Greater clothing variety. And better styles. Seriously, male clothes are mostly ugly, and females pretty much either have over-cutesy or ugly looking stuff. Some badass pants or nice shirts that don't make them look like a failed man would help.

Selectable colors for clothes. Casts can chose their colors and have every part match easily. Why couldn't it be the same for normal clothes? We should be able to choose a main and a secondary color for each piece of clothing. That would make matching various sets much more easier, since current sets have really flashy and unique color that can rarely be matched with anything else. Without mentioning that certain color sets are really ugly.

Add some kind of Randomizer VR mission. A 4 block mission with a boss where every block is randomly chosen from any of the game's areas and spawns randomly generated from any possible enemy, and have the boss randomly taken from any of the game's bosses. Would be the perfect way of countering the boredom of same-mission-spam and would always give players something new and original every mission.

Give the PA button a use for gun weapons. Whether it's a dodge roll, or gun specific functions like firing each of the two handguns separately, or a shotgun blast with narrower spread, or a faster straight-line shot without homing for cards.

A second tier of nanoblasts like the SUV's Attacker series. Could either have stronger stat boosts, or have a faster attacks animation with more hits or more targets. Would of course require a higher level, say 80 instead of 20. As it stands, most high-level melee PAs are more damaging than nanoblasts, while still allowing the use of items.

Revamped palette system that could use a radial ring to quickly select the weapon or item with a direction instead of having to scroll through. Could also possibly add an armor section to the palette to quickly select different element armors. Access palette with the same button, and use the offhand-weapon button to switch between weapon/item/armor rings.

Review type stats. Guntechers have the second lowest ATP mod of any advanced type after fT, tied with AT. For a class that relies on guns for damage, that should not be. Other classes could use stat tweaks.

A wider variety of weapons, like different manufacturer weapons and uniques. Especially uniques. They seem to be doing it right for the PSP version though, so it might be on its way for a future PSU expansion.

More cooperation and puzzle-oriented missions. Having players split up and each fight enemies on their own path and having to open switches to open the way on the other side. Having one part of the party pass by some upper ledge (think labs area) while the other is fighting a big monster below, so they could provide cover fire, etc.

S3 mission ranks for the old missions with high level (150+) enemies and completely modified spawns with different enemy elements, bigger monster varieties within the same spawns, etc.

Non-combat party missions, like floader races, cooperative shoot-the-targets tank competitions, combat arenas where players can take controls of Grinna Betes, Shinowas and Bead Groodes with various weaponry (like energy blades, machinegun, and different weapon Grinnas from story mode) and fight eachother,etc.

Upscaling boss' HP according to the number of people in the party, and tweaking their AI to make them much, much more aggressive. As it stands, most bosses attack once every 15~30 seconds.

Completely redo NPCs' AI to make them more agressive, attack more than once every 15 seconds and actually try to dodge incoming attacks.

Implement the ability to jump down ledges or climb ladders and redesign the maps accordingly. That would add a LOT to gameplay. Think of the change between Dynasty Warriors 5 and 6.

And that's all I can think of for now. But I think that's more than enough anyways. XD

Kylie
Jun 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
S-Rank Whips to the Wartecher.
This, which reminds me, make WT suck less!

xAmrit
Jun 19, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'd like to be able to play offline with my online character like in PSO, that way I can level it up offline too

Ahkaskar
Jun 19, 2008, 09:58 PM
This, which reminds me, make WT suck less!
What, in your opinion, is wrong with the WT? I never really found anything about it that I didn't like that I could reasonably quantify.

Zarode
Jun 19, 2008, 10:18 PM
I'd like to be able to play offline with my online character like in PSO, that way I can level it up offline too

The problem is the same one they were trying to address in BB. Hacking.

Even with Gaymeguard, they'd be hard-pressed to work out the kinks and problems.

Just solo, it's like being offline! :P

What, in your opinion, is wrong with the WT? I never really found anything about it that I didn't like that I could reasonably quantify.

I think people just want them to have more HP and ATP modifiers.

furrypaws
Jun 19, 2008, 10:33 PM

My main issue with it is the lack of S rank tech mags. I mean, those are at least on half of my palette, and opposed to the one wand I use for buffs. Plus, I'm a beast, so I need all the TP I can get, as normally, a level 19 rabarta does the same (or even less) on a Pegi than one strike from a Durandal Replica. For the love of goodness Sega, I need a good S rank in my left hand to go with the S rank dagger/claw in my right.

Noblewine
Jun 20, 2008, 12:55 AM
1) Update the speed of the side step.
2) Add more lobby actions.
3) Make then enemies smarter.
4) Increase enemy speed abit. No lag spikes to make them seem faster.
5) Add an alternative way to end a mission
6) The sesaons effect the monsters in a mission. (Someone posted this idea on the official site).

Brainwrecked
Jun 20, 2008, 01:36 AM
Streamline the friend card viewer, mail and party invite menus. No reason to have three different menus for functions all related to partner cards. Also, display who's room the player is in.

Add some kind of Randomizer VR mission. A 4 block mission with a boss where every block is randomly chosen from any of the game's areas and spawns randomly generated from any possible enemy, and have the boss randomly taken from any of the game's bosses. Would be the perfect way of countering the boredom of same-mission-spam and would always give players something new and original every mission.

Revamped palette system that could use a radial ring to quickly select the weapon or item with a direction instead of having to scroll through. Could also possibly add an armor section to the palette to quickly select different element armors. Access palette with the same button, and use the offhand-weapon button to switch between weapon/item/armor rings.

More cooperation and puzzle-oriented missions. Having players split up and each fight enemies on their own path and having to open switches to open the way on the other side. Having one part of the party pass by some upper ledge (think labs area) while the other is fighting a big monster below, so they could provide cover fire, etc.

Completely redo NPCs' AI to make them more agressive, attack more than once every 15 seconds and actually try to dodge incoming attacks.

And that's all I can think of for now. But I think that's more than enough anyways. XD

Second these.

3) Make then enemies smarter.

And this. As it stands now, it seems the enemies are dumb & cheap and the only way difficulty is adjusted is by slowing down and speeding up the enemies.

I'll add two more:

SYNCHRONIZE ENEMY POSITIONS AND ACTIONS! Games like Halo have 16 players that remained synchronized. There are others that synchronize up to 32. Unsynchronized enemies blow any element of strategy right out of the game, and you get the "don't use PA's that knock enemies around" elitism that we had at the release of this game.

Want to get a jist of the dis-synchronization? If there's only 1 or 2 enemies in the room and your radar shows your buddies "standing around" behind you with nothing to attack, turn the camera around. Guaranteed the enemies you thought you were facing alone (or would have thought if not for the numbers that were popping up when you weren't attacking) will now magically appear next to your buddies.

Worse yet, this works in reverse. That is to say, if the bigger group fighting the unsynchronized enemy happens to have the enemy go off-screen, they may very well turn around to find the enemy is not where it should be, but back with the "lone fighter."

FIX SPAWN ZONES! I realize this spawn zones are meant to prevent enemies from chasing you all over the block, but there are times, especially with enemies that love to charge, where players can sit back and watch an enemy charge right out of its spawn zone, respawn, charge out of its spawn zone again, respawn, almost ad nauseum. You think that by the time we hit S-ranked missions, we don't need the training wheels of spawn zones any more. It is a technical limit exposed by the wide-open areas of PSU.

Iduno
Jun 20, 2008, 03:56 AM
Let us copy our online character to offline so when the servers go down in a few years time it won't be like we lost all the time we put in.

Let us give simple comands to ur PMs in battle

I want a PA of the attack Tylor has when he keeps kicking you in the 2nd ep3 mission

How about letting us give PMs equipment?

Make handguns have something to make them as useful as the other offhand weapons.

With the master classes seeming to only get up to 4 weapons each, it seems that some weapons will never see their PA's at lvl 50, I hope something happens to sort that out

Arada
Jun 20, 2008, 04:33 AM
Wishlist part 2 :p

- Change the difficulty level of S2 missions. Well, the enemies level should "evolve". What I mean is: on S2 missions, give the enemies a level equal the team leader's level + 20.

It would make the game still hard/harder than it is now and, as drops are based on enemy levels, each time a level cap is raised, new items are also unlocked.

And it's easy to implement (NPCs already have a level based on the leader's level).

- New mission types. This is easy to implement too. Race: 2 teams race through a mission, Time Attack: Get the best time at a mission, Survival: Start at level 1 with base equipment, Ultimate: 1 room 1000 enemies coming in waves, etc...

Anything bringing variety to the game will make it a lot more fun.

- Mutliple hits on big enemies with techs.

- Mute mode for NPCs. :p

Ezodagrom
Jun 20, 2008, 04:57 AM
Wishlist part 2 :p

- Change the difficulty level of S2 missions. Well, the enemies level should "evolve". What I mean is: on S2 missions, give the enemies a level equal the team leader's level + 20.

It would make the game still hard/harder than it is now and, as drops are based on enemy levels, each time a level cap is raised, new items are also unlocked.

And it's easy to implement (NPCs already have a level based on the leader's level).

- New mission types. This is easy to implement too. Race: 2 teams race through a mission, Time Attack: Get the best time at a mission, Survival: Start at level 1 with base equipment, Ultimate: 1 room 1000 enemies coming in waves, etc...

Anything bringing variety to the game will make it a lot more fun.

- Mutliple hits on big enemies with techs.

- Mute mode for NPCs. :p

Agree with all of those :P.

The one about monsters having +20 lvls from the leader is a nice idea, but the requirements for S2 missions then should be lvl 80 the minimum (so monsters would be at least lvl 100) and all the S2 mission would have to be AOtI only missions, since having a lvl 130 party leader on a v1 mission would have lvl 150 monsters, those have AOtI only drops.

Or maybe even something like when soloing monsters have +5 lvls.
2 members in the party = +10 lvls
3 members = +15 lvls
4 members = +20 lvls
5 members = +25 lvls
and 6 members = +30 lvls

Like this it would increase difficulty with more party members but also increase the rewards :P

kurisu1974
Jun 20, 2008, 08:39 AM
Oh yeah. Mute mode for NPC's. They really start to annoy me. I once got hit by megid, because text bubbles were in the way. ^^'

Brainwrecked
Jun 20, 2008, 11:15 AM
Let us copy our online character to offline so when the servers go down in a few years time it won't be like we lost all the time we put in.

I'm not sure how people got their own PSO servers running, but they're out there and my guess is pure reverse-engineering and people having to statically assign the 3rd party server IP to the official PSO servers' domain name.

How about pulling an id Software and releasing at least the server code after Sega decides to no longer support PSU, along with character data download availability? The community can use it to open their own servers, perhaps the server maintainers will report back some bug fixes to Sega, and the community doesn't lose their progress. Introduces the possibilty of hax on the character copy, but the PSO community already has their own way to deal with the hackability of PSO.

furrypaws
Jun 20, 2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure how people got their own PSO servers running, but they're out there and my guess is pure reverse-engineering and people having to statically assign the 3rd party server IP to the official PSO servers' domain name.

How about pulling an id Software and releasing at least the server code after Sega decides to no longer support PSU, along with character data download availability? The community can use it to open their own servers, perhaps the server maintainers will report back some bug fixes to Sega, and the community doesn't lose their progress. Introduces the possibilty of hax on the character copy, but the PSO community already has their own way to deal with the hackability of PSO.

Sega's not nice enough to do something like that :(

(Although it was easy enough to do back in PSO that it probably seemed like a gift. =P)

Indica
Jun 20, 2008, 06:54 PM
I know this is simple

1- Merge our servers with Japan
2- Roll out S3 for V1 maps.

Shishi-O
Jun 20, 2008, 08:36 PM

while I do praise your suggestion,... Why would segac do something that makes so much sense?

Decreasing player annoyance by 65% lol

Emulting the mags of pso, a personalized stats adjuster, I dunno a watch or something.

Like a previous poster stated a random stage mission to kill the monotony... Butt to take that idea even farther, there should be modes like racing games modes.

Speed, endurance, mortality ( stay alive ), endless ( for leveling )...all things varies,... And good money

Brings a whole new LDL to the term random

Mman2000
Jun 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
-"Switch Character" option: I should not have to wade through the title screen and at least one interrupt request when I decide I want to play a different character.

-More VR missions: I would like to be able to run through the areas in episode II again as well as have something like an endless nightmare style mission going up the tower of caelum. Episode III had some cool places, let us go back to them with our PSU chars.

-More weapons made from enemy parts: Because the enemy parts shouldn't just be used for those junk decorations and because I'd like to kill more monsters with weapons I made out of their mothers. :-P

-More character slots: More characters, more variety to my gameplay experience, nuff said.

-Better storage: As in make it so I can carry more than 60 items without having to send stuff to my PM, as in make it so the delivery system doesn't fill my common box by making each delivered item take up a slot even if the same item is already in there, as in make it so that keeping track of clothes isn't a bitch.

-Rebalance the fucking missions: Make it so that people don't spam white beast all the time because it's the only mission that has good rewards.

-Those trees we knock down for wood, they shouldn't drop only berries.

-Mission ranks should be more consistant. One area shouldn't have an S mission with level 50 monsters and another have an S mission with level 100+ monsters.

-Make a mission where we can kill the idiot who made falz a reskin and made white beast the only mission to drop good rewards, we would ALL spam that one.

Put all that in and PSU will own.

EDIT: One more, add more fucking technics. We should not be limited to one light elemental attack technic, there's no excuse for that shit. Throw grants in this game and make a few more as well. If we're not getting dizas and rentis give us more light attacks.

Lumenesca
Jun 21, 2008, 02:41 AM
Oh! I just thought of something...

What about more auras?

Lumenesca
Jun 21, 2008, 02:44 AM
-Make a mission where we can kill the idiot who made falz a reskin and made white beast the only mission to drop good rewards, we would ALL spam that one.

LOL! XD

Lumenesca
Jun 21, 2008, 02:53 AM

That was the beauty of PSO; despite the loss of online play, you could still use your character offline. I REALLY don't want to lose these characters... so have mercy on us, Sonic Team, and let us use them offline! T_T

Brainwrecked
Jul 13, 2008, 01:08 AM
Had a brainstorm:

Give us the functionality to create our own scripted stories. Don't be prudish, give us access to the full range of NPCs (that we know about at the time) and even the full set of our own characters. Let us incorporate other people's characters with their permission. Allow us to create new ones. Allow us to incorporate the player like we are incorporated into Episodes 2 and 3. Let us share these scripts with the PSU community. Allow the community to give feedback in the form of ratings and abuse reports.

Allow us to script inside missions, maybe even create our own.

Of course Sega won't do this, even though it worked tremendously for Bungie and id Software.

Urtri
Jul 13, 2008, 02:07 AM
Ok heres an idea. Make every boss Box capable of dropping the Rare Weapons, Armours, Units and Boards. every boss in game has at least 12 boxs but out of the 12 only 2 - 4 (and rarely 4) can drop anything worth while.

On a Related note make all materials that appears from boss boxs on S (AotI) and S2 (AotI and Vanilla) at Least A rank (ebon, Resin, etc) Not stuff like OrtaSilica, Hot Berry, Par Ash

autumn
Jul 13, 2008, 02:37 AM
I would like more technics. There aren't enough for a caster to really have any feeling of individuality in the game. Also how about more technic weapons? If you want the good stuff there isn't much to choose from: psycho wand, maybe gaozoran rod, (sorry kazarods aren't as good), tesbra, coni, pushan. In the end 1 newman techer is as good as another ;.;

Tetsaru
Jul 13, 2008, 04:23 AM
Personally, I'd like the update where the all of Sega/Sonic Team's current staff suddenly get fired, and people who know wtf they're doing take their places. :3

Kryslin
Jul 13, 2008, 04:53 AM
My 0.02cr...

If your PM is with you on a mission, have it standing in the lobby after you finish (only you can see it) so you can access your storage (and only storage). Or have it in the lobby anyway.

I'd like to be able to change characters without having to restart the game as well, but I suspect it's a limitation of the client, specifically the encryption system used with the game; There may be no way to reinitialize the keys without restarting the game currently coded into the client. From a security standpoint, this makes some sense. From a usability standpoint, it sucks.

User Quests, while a neat idea, won't happen. While PC and XB360 have supported HDD, PS/2 does not. You'd be limited to whatever you could put on a memory card. While I doubt each quest is really that big (most for PSO were quite small, <128K), it could be a pain if you d/l several dozen of them... PSU is essentially a console game. The downside is, they'd have to certify any mission before putting it out on the server, to make sure it isn't ubercheeze. They have enough problems with their own content, let alone the flood they'd get from user created missions. Granted, there could be a program that would certify and rate it (based on currently available missions)...

I definitely would love 2-4 extra character slots. I could move my characters from my second account over, and drop the extra $10 a month. Also, Character Management mode - a simple menu (or even a room) where you can switch items between all of your characters, without having to use the common box - it would be useful for those times when you have to move a lot of items...

And I love the idea of a closet actually being a closet and a changing room, not just a changing room...

Steve

shintaHakamashi
Jul 13, 2008, 09:38 AM
like the idea did for cloths. u have like 20+ cloths just sitin there in pm takin up space. putin it in closet is kool idea.even if you have the pm storage + it gets annoying. think drops should be raised even if its .000001% upped cause this -1 milion drop rate suks. some of us have jobs and such so cant play all day like the little kiddies and the no lives people. >_>;...

Mman2000
Jul 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
Ok here's what I'd like to see happen:

Microsoft buys out segac and takes over the PSU NA servers.

They promptly merge the PC and 360, and integrate billing into their own windows/xbox live system, drop the gaystation 2 and stop limiting the game, and start getting some more downloadable content out. Seriously, this game would own if it wasn't being run by a japanese company that doesn't give two shits about gamers outside of Japan. If segac isn't going to properly manage the american servers, they should give it up to someone who would.

pikachief
Jul 13, 2008, 11:25 AM
This is my update wish:

18th: Nudaiz GBR with all the levels and S2's the JP got too.
Nudaiz festival lobbies w/ Summer Jaggos.

Thats it thats all im waiting for, we get that and i dont care anymore.

Oh and a straight answer to MAG!!! I want it back but i would care if they just dropped it im sure people wanna know if its coming or not more than anything -_-

ForteGunnerW
Jul 13, 2008, 11:44 AM
i would like it if psu would have a like information bar so you could see which missions are popular. and sega could advertise psu a bit more o.O

BFGfreak
Jul 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
If I'm repeating anything, just count it as QFT

-Streamlined partner card menus

-Newman special ability: Attack speed increase (really, what would a make a photon blast diferant from SUV or Nanoblast? Giving newmans an attack speed boast would compansate their less than steller ATP, and give them a compleatly diferant racial ability)

-better graphics for 360 (and by that I mean that the 360's graphics should be on par with the PC at max settings on alll)

-More char slots (2 more would be enough)

-separate the headgear from the hair options (there is actually a pair of shades I would like to put on my char, but I don't like the hair style for them on that char)

-attack boost on crea-weapons (the real crea weapons, the one's humans and newmans can use)

-Either move clothes to the closet, or let me use the closet in a friends room, which brings me to my next point

-display who's room my friends are, I'm kinda tired of going to my friends gamertag to see if they are in his/her room, and also while where here

-the ability to go strait from one person's room to another without going back to your own room, and finaly concerning rooms

-give me the option of starting from my room.

Ezodagrom
Jul 13, 2008, 12:45 PM
-Streamlined partner card menus

That and adding a picture to partner cards (like the pics on MAG leaderboard) would be nice :>.

-Newman special ability: Attack speed increase (really, what would a make a photon blast diferant from SUV or Nanoblast? Giving newmans an attack speed boast would compansate their less than steller ATP, and give them a compleatly diferant racial ability)

That would be great, but in my opinion it should be a boost around half or 1/4 of what acrofighter gets, just a big enough boost to make newmans comparable to at least humans.
But then humans wouldn't have anything special other than being the balanced stats race x.x (and also being the race with the most racial boosts, I guess that would be humans special thingy, if newmans would get a boost speed in skills, maybe humans should get a racial boost in all classes ^^;).

-better graphics for 360 (and by that I mean that the 360's graphics should be on par with the PC at max settings on alll)

That and fix the robot slowdown you guys have...

-More char slots (2 more would be enough)

I sure could use 2 more char slots :>

-separate the headgear from the hair options (there is actually a pair of shades I would like to put on my char, but I don't like the hair style for them on that char)

Agree with this also.

-attack boost on crea-weapons (the real crea weapons, the one's humans and newmans can use)

Or instead of an attack boost, maybe they should be faster, or giving the extra hit to photon arts also, instead of just the normal attacks. There are going to be S rank creas, but in terms of stats, they're almost as bad as the A rank creas >.>

-Either move clothes to the closet, or let me use the closet in a friends room, which brings me to my next point

-display who's room my friends are, I'm kinda tired of going to my friends gamertag to see if they are in his/her room, and also while where here

-the ability to go strait from one person's room to another without going back to your own room, and finaly concerning rooms

-give me the option of starting from my room.

Agree with all of this, and about clothes, they should be saved in the closet instead of the pm. Like this maybe we could change clothes even on lobbys like the beach and kugo hot springs.

Ahkaskar
Jul 13, 2008, 01:47 PM
Graphically the PC version isn't really on par with most PC games released around the same time. That said, I'd like to see the PC version get some improved graphics... and may as well give it to the 360 as well. :p

a-NUB-is
Jul 13, 2008, 02:12 PM
I would like PSU to become what PSO was.

Ken_Silver
Jul 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
If I'm repeating anything, just count it as QFT

Umm yeah, I don't think that's too fair to Newmans. Just doesn't really cut it as a racial ability. And they should get something in the form of photon blasts just because they are like SUV's and Nanoblast. Nothing says they have to be unique. Any racial ability is enough for Newmans.

And as for humans not having one: that's expected. After all, they would and should gain exclusive rights to real Crea weapons.

I would like PSU to become what PSO was.

I suggest that you play PS:P then. It's the right balance between the two. I hope that we get most of the stuff and objects that are in that game.

Xefi
Jul 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
maybe some new exciting music would be appreciated, but i'm only looking forward to level 150 monsters for the time being.

Brainwrecked
Jul 14, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'd like to be able to change characters without having to restart the game as well, but I suspect it's a limitation of the client, specifically the encryption system used with the game; There may be no way to reinitialize the keys without restarting the game currently coded into the client. From a security standpoint, this makes some sense. From a usability standpoint, it sucks.

I don't think it has anything to do with encrypting data and everything to do with sheer laziness. Do we restart our browsers every time we enter into new secured connections? No.

User Quests, while a neat idea, won't happen. While PC and XB360 have supported HDD, PS/2 does not. You'd be limited to whatever you could put on a memory card.

These user-created missions could be stored server-side like everything else.

While I doubt each quest is really that big (most for PSO were quite small, <128K), it could be a pain if you d/l several dozen of them...

Well, to be clear, I'm not talking about having the user create their own graphics, but rather letting the user create their own levels by changing existing maps. I'm sure everyone has a hefty dose of deja vu in this game, because map recycling is so apparent. There's a handful of maps, and Sega just reskins and blocks off certain areas. Biggest offenders I can think of right now:

The last block for Neudaiz's RELICS site is the same as the start of one of Dual Sentinel's blocks.

An area of the Neudaiz RELICS site will be very familiar to 1UP Cup participants, even though it was skinned as a Parum RELICS site during said event.

The exit to one block of Rainbow Beast has two rows of pillars off in the distance that looks like you could access through the exit cave, but you can't because the camera halts, you auto-run forward, and you're taken to the next block. This area of the map that you can't get to is used as the next-to-last block in Forest Infiltration. If you turn to the right, you can spot the cave opening that's been sealed off.

One of Rainbow Beast's block's starting point is the same as one of Eastern Peril's block's exit point.

The only data that needs to be stored is

which map you are using
start and exit points
blockade data (type and location)
the spawn data (enemy types, positions, levels)
warp point data (location of origin and destination)
door data (blockade, unlockable and by which keys, or always unlocked)
key data (where and when it drops)

All could be handled by text, which would be very easy to compress.

The downside is, they'd have to certify any mission before putting it out on the server, to make sure it isn't ubercheeze. They have enough problems with their own content, let alone the flood they'd get from user created missions. Granted, there could be a program that would certify and rate it (based on currently available missions)...

The only thing I can think that there'd be a huge problem is with the MP and Meseta mission rewards. If Sega can't be assed to come up with a formula for these, then just make it so user-created missions reward nothing at the end.

Item boxes are another touchy subject. You could limit the amount of boxes per block, but then the user might huddle them all at the beginning of each block and create short blocks. You could create set groupings of boxes with set distance between groups, but users might create no-spawn maps. You could force a set number of spawns within range of the boxes, but now you're heading into "fuck it just don't give 'em drop boxes" territory. I'm not delusional...this is Sega we're talking about. It's possible to regulate item boxes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took the easy way out.

As for the monsters and EXP, I see no problem in only letting the user touch what spawns and at what level. I would also not have a problem with eliminating all possibility of weapon, armor, and board drops during user-created missions as users could use this feature to easily hunt uber-rarz. Don't have to worry about rare monster spawns because, well, it doesn't happen in Story Mode, why should it happen during user-created stories?

I definitely would love 2-4 extra character slots. I could move my characters from my second account over, and drop the extra $10 a month.

Sega could have a money-maker here if they went the PlayOnline route and charged a small fee for character slots past four. But they sorta ruined that possibility by giving JA's 8 already.

Also, Character Management mode - a simple menu (or even a room) where you can switch items between all of your characters, without having to use the common box - it would be useful for those times when you have to move a lot of items...

seconded on top of of no-logout character switching and bigger common boxes.

Kismet
Jul 14, 2008, 12:51 AM
Add-on to Character Management mode: we should be able to switch character's without having to log ALL the way out and then log ALL the way back in. It should just take you back to the character selection/creation screen. It wouldn't be hard to do, and isn't too much to ask for. X3

Ken_Silver
Jul 14, 2008, 12:53 AM
Only if Sega could do such simple stuff...

Or give us a concrete reason why they cant. :mad:

S.T.K
Jul 14, 2008, 12:57 AM
All i ask for is the Mag extension and my Sange!!1

Ken_Silver
Jul 14, 2008, 12:59 AM

This for now and forever. :D

Right on, my brother! Never forget the cause. :razz:

GlowSticks
Jul 14, 2008, 01:42 AM
That sounds cool. I'd also like to get those extra 4 charcter slots JP got a while ago. >>

Orlly? nice. I hope we get this too! More money storage x.x

I want: Mag Prizes wtf?

-.- Gieb Spread needles please. :/

LLSmoothJ
Jul 14, 2008, 01:55 AM

This for now and forever. :D

Right on, my brother! Never forget the cause. :razz:

Damn straight! Sange just looks too cool for us not to get!

That, and I want to get my Sange & Yasha ASAP. ;)