PDA

View Full Version : Does neutral r-mag cause an effect?

Kerry157
Jun 18, 2008, 08:41 AM
i must know

Iduno
Jun 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
dont think so but it would be cool if they did imo

bagleyboy
Jun 18, 2008, 09:39 AM
No, they do not have a effect. Netural is cheaper, but weaker. That's the trade off.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 18, 2008, 09:56 AM
Is laughter an effect?

stukasa
Jun 18, 2008, 10:29 AM
Since R-mags are all about SE and not damage, neutral = fail. :p I don't even know why Preta exists. >.<

Leah
Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 AM
if i'm not mistaken preta had incapacitate much like dark kubara r-mags, and they were all nerfed.

stukasa
Jun 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
^ It HAD incapacitate? If they took away its SE they pretty much made it useless. ^^;

drizzle
Jun 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
Preta never had Incapacitate.

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
does the preta shoot often at least? I mean there just has to be some upside.

Maybe we'll be getting a Pretaline down the road or something.

Andy1423
Jun 18, 2008, 01:09 PM
It's funny how easy it is to get into a conversation about "why is this in the game?"... I'm mean I love this game , but SEGA is seriously shafting itself in the potential department.

Don't even get me started on Kubara weapons in general, not to mention the stigue weapons.

It's growing trend with SEGA and PS to add something really super sweet and then add 10 things that SUCK BIG TIME!

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
It's funny how easy it is to get into a conversation about "why is this in the game?"... I'm mean I love this game , but SEGA is seriously shafting itself in the potential department.

Don't even get me started on Kubara weapons in general, not to mention the stigue weapons.

It's growing trend with SEGA and PS to add something really super sweet and then add 10 things that SUCK BIG TIME!

Truth.

Weapons like these must be what makes the game challenging.

Sega: If the game gets boring, we'll give them lame weapons to fight with. It makes the game challenging.

Granted, not every weapon can be an "Uber," we do get a lot of weapons that lack "use."

There is a difference.

AerisZeal
Jun 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'd say we'll probably get a "[B] Preta" down the line because if they only ever planned to release a neutral one it'd be pretty sad and useless... although that seems to be the way of things at the moment.

Andy1423
Jun 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
Truth.

Weapons like these must be what makes the game challenging.

Sega: If the game gets boring, we'll give them lame weapons to fight with. It makes the game challenging.

Granted, not every weapon can be an "Uber," we do get a lot of weapons that lack "use."

There is a difference.

It's not that there's nothing wrong some of the "gag" weapons like a hand on a stick to fight with your level 10 friends and laugh and have a good time. But seriously, do we need 20-30 of them...do we????

I just find it as a lack of thought/effort put into the designing of each weapon. They came up with a system to be universal, but in most cases it fails to have diversity...which in the end becomes boring. This is no excuse why 90% of Kubara weapons are worthless to make other than the fact that you'll get a grey/black version. If every Kubara wweapon had grind ratios like the Hikuari and Alteric then there would be no reason to complain.

Bottom line::::::: When sonic team does somthing right, they do it RIGHT! But, their track record in PSU has not been stable. They are improving, but I still think they should be tweaking weapon stats before they come out with 5 new ones that all have the ~ 10 points difference between each one.

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 01:39 PM
It's not that there's nothing wrong some of the "gag" weapons like a hand on a stick to fight with your level 10 friends and laugh and have a good time. But seriously, do we need 20-30 of them...do we????

I just find it as a lack of thought/effort put into the designing of each weapon. They came up with a system to be universal, but in most cases it fails to have diversity...which in the end becomes boring. This is no excuse why 90% of Kubara weapons are worthless to make other than the fact that you'll get a grey/black version. If every Kubara wweapon had grind ratios like the Hikuari and Alteric then there would be no reason to complain.

Bottom line::::::: When sonic team does somthing right, they do it RIGHT! But, their track record in PSU has not been stable. They are improving, but I still think they should be tweaking weapon stats before they come out with 5 new ones that all have the ~ 10 points difference between each one.

I agree. I was highly disappointed with the "A rank 1 star weapons" that the JPN servers just got and how the crea weapons don't look like anything cool. Granted they can get the job done, nothing comes of it. Do they even grind well? Is there even a Crea Spear? The names of Kubara weapons are creative, but the design of them blows.

But now that Alfa Systems has showed ST the way, maybe they can pick up the ball from there and run with it.

Phoenix_Black
Jun 18, 2008, 04:34 PM
Preta actually shoots 2x-2.5x faster than a regular mag. In the next event, Speed King will be a milestone prize. It's a lightning version of Preta for one less star... I believe it might shoot faster than the Preta, but don't hold me to that. I only think so because of its name.

If you can get a good TP stat, then that low number doesn't matter at all. You do ok damage, only you do it very fast. Also, it's meant to be used very up cloe, so use it like you would a shotgun.

ErtaiClou
Jun 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
I always assumed that surge of neutral A rank r-mags came from people trying to fail synths in an attempt for rare materials. I remember some time ago seeing tons of those r-mags cheap in players shops and wondered why there were so many.

Weeaboolits
Jun 19, 2008, 06:37 AM
Preta + Guntecher = good fun. :)

It would have been more so had we gotten it before GT's TP was boosted.