PDA

View Full Version : All I see is complaining - why are you playing?

dreamcaster0
Jun 18, 2008, 09:19 AM
I came here to look for some reassurance in my want to subscribe to PSU. I came here and met the opposite. My question -- is there nothing redeeming about the game? All I hear here is complaining.

chaostroop3
Jun 18, 2008, 09:23 AM
its just natural for pepole to complaign , i see nothing wrong with this game besides the pushed back updates that sometimes happen , and thats still pretty rare. I resubscribe, you will have fun =)

Alura
Jun 18, 2008, 09:23 AM
u must be new :)

SStrikerR
Jun 18, 2008, 09:24 AM
Nothing is perfect, and there are flaws in everything. Therefore we complain. Most people tend to see only the bad, rather than the bad and the good. You sir are one such example. Look harder and don't just read the posts of people complaining. "All i hear is complaining"
Bullshit. First off, you're on the interwebz, you can't hear us. :wacko: And again, don't just read the complaints.

Arada
Jun 18, 2008, 09:29 AM
Well, basically, people happy with the game have nothing to say, only those unhappy with something usually start topics. This is the way of every forums.

Well, anyways, back on topic.

I like how the game plays. You can make a mission or two everyday, not get too dedicated and still have a lot of fun.

Most of us like the game actually, I guess all the complains go on minor details (some things are really frustrating) and how Sega handles its game. Updates are a slow process and getting new things can take a long time and when updates come, they're usually partial, bugged or there's something else screwing up.

Anyways, the game is fun. For sure. The comunnity is really cool (I'm on the PC/PS2 server so I can't comment on the XBox 360 community) and welcoming. You'll get to a decent level in a few days and you'll be able to play with most of the crowd then.

One last thing, though.
Be prepared to play a lot of the same mission until you have a group of friends ready to do something else. Or you'll play solo a lot.

Wiz
Jun 18, 2008, 09:29 AM
I came here to look for some reassurance in my want to subscribe to PSU. I came here and met the opposite. My question -- is there nothing redeeming about the game? All I hear here is complaining.
Well, at the moment, it just seems that Sonic Team/Segac keeps messing things up. Rollbacks, billing issues, and now MAG extention delay was delayed. IMO, though, there is really nothing wrong with the game. People just like to find something to complain about, whether it be:
1. Segac keeps messing up!
2. BAWWWWWWW!!! PSU iz teh EZ MODES!!11
3. Other

So...yeah. There's really nothing wrong with the game; once you make some friends, you'll find the game enjoyable. Possibly.

Just stay away from White Beast...

Leah
Jun 18, 2008, 09:33 AM
it's a great game. it's just too bad about the dev and support teams.. and the company that runs them.

you'll either complain about the screw-ups or complain about the complainers. i think the forums are a bundled minigame, really.

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2008, 09:39 AM
The only complaints I have about psu is the delays on updates and screw ups, and the lack of high lvl missions x_x
PSU is fun, but it gets boring when most of the missions have monsters way below the lvl cap at the highest difficulty >_>

Sekani
Jun 18, 2008, 09:39 AM
It's a decent game being destroyed by horrible support.

Tianna
Jun 18, 2008, 09:40 AM
Just a suggestion here, but try going to the trading forums and look at all the awesome stuff people have gotten so far and the people on there are serious players (for the most part) and usually don't have alot bad to say about the game. Why should they? They have the best of the best the game has to offer and i'll guess they had fun doing it.

Specifically on topic: I really enjoy the game and overlook most of the problems because I'm not a programmer and have no clue how to fix any of these problems but I would assume they are not that easy to fix or more people would be doing that job instead of what they do now and be making alot more money doing so. Not to mention most wouldn't have the intelligence nor the proper education to do the job(programming) making it easier to complain about it while sitting home doing nothing.

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
PSU is a fun game with an incredible amount of potential, but these are the biggest issues I have with the game that I feel are holding that incredible potential back:

1) Sonic Team is nowhere near as competent as they used to be. Delayed updates, broken promises, and submitting to every single gripe about *anything* being remotely challenging. I don't know what's going on internally at Sonic Team or Sega of America, but something needs to change. Something needs a major overhaul.

2) There's very little endgame content. Once you've leveled everything, which sure doesn't take long with the maddening EXP you'll gain from spamming hotspots, there's essentially nothing to do. You can get every S-rank for your Type fairly easily compared to other rare weapons in other MMORPGs, and after that, there's nothing to hunt.

3) I know a lot of people complain about PSU being easy, and that's just the type of game it is, but my problem is how there's almost no options for those that do want a real challenge. You can SIMULATE challenge, like trying to solo Magas Maggahna with C-rank weapons, but it'd be nice if there was some disgusting S3-level missions where enemies actually take a while to kill and can kill you in nearly one hit.

But if you can get over those points? You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of PSU. It really is a good game, there's just some points that personally lessen that for me.

A2K
Jun 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
I find that people are amazingly myopic when it comes to problems with the game. Not to say people forget completely, it's just it gets pushed out of the collective consciousness. Remember all the bitching about [B] Grinder S? We finally got them and... no one really cared, and the whole thing was just more or less forgotten in after a week.

This error 65 business and MAG is probably going to be quite a bit more memorable, but, I imagine once it's all in the past, it'll slip out of everyone's minds like everything else has. Oh, people will still point to it when an argument pops up but the rest of us will just keep going like we always have.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
Dunno, I don't really complain about PSU. I praise the game often and I enjoy my time with it.

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
I find that people are amazingly myopic when it comes to problems with the game. Not to say people forget completely, it's just it gets pushed out of the collective consciousness. Remember all the bitching about [B] Grinder S? We finally got them and... no one really cared, and the whole thing was just more or less forgotten in after a week.
I think that got overshadowed by how retardedly expensive people were making S-grinders, heh.

Sora_Psu
Jun 18, 2008, 10:35 AM
Psu is a fun game for on-and-off purposes like many have stated...after that it's just plain boring. But if you are just starting to play you will enjoy it.

r00tabaga
Jun 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
I complain about my country, yet wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I complain about my favorite sports teams, my job, my wife, etc.......things we just want better.

stukasa
Jun 18, 2008, 10:37 AM
If we really hated the game we wouldn't be playing it, would we? ^^ A lot of people complain about the support more than the game itself. The game is actually pretty fun, especially if you have friends to play it with. Also, people who are happy with the game don't need to say as much because they're busy enjoying it instead of, you know, complaining. :lol:

EDIT: Also, I agree with the poster above me. Sometimes people complain BECAUSE they like the game BUT they see some problems with it and since they care about it, they want to make it better.

Seority
Jun 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
'Cuz I pay people, monthly, and expect better then what they have given us.
Yet, I can never just quit this game. They only way you can know is by trying first.

Iduno
Jun 18, 2008, 11:10 AM
I complain because the game could have been so much better and I dunno why I play it I just think "ah sod it lets play psu", burn out on it or reach a goal and wander around aimlessly wondering what to do since only the hotpot mission see any (unlocked) partys then log out

Cracka_J
Jun 18, 2008, 11:24 AM
lol so this thread is about complaining to the complainer who complained about the people that were complaining.

awesomeness.

ThePendragon
Jun 18, 2008, 11:34 AM
I keep hearing about rollbacks. Is this something exclusive to PS2 or something? I have never been affected by anything like that.

Abashi76
Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
its just natural for pepole to complaign , i see nothing wrong with this game besides the pushed back updates that sometimes happen , and thats still pretty rare. I resubscribe, you will have fun =)

Exactly what I did. I love this game; but when I first tried it, it seemed too incomplete. After the expansion and plenty of updates, it felt like a complete game, and I am enjoying it very much.

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 12:47 PM
In a direct response to the TC:

Phantasy Star Universe is a good game. But as of the last few months, the quality of the game has dropped as a result of bad management and a string of bad events. These events have made the player base more angry than the average video game fan base. Sega is still trying to make up for its mistakes, but the base is bitter and recovery is slow at that.

Things seemed to start to tank (from what I can tell) right after or perhaps near the end of the 1Up cup. We've had a few rollbacks (right behind one another,) a bug or two that has annoyed many (the 65 error of Maximum Attack G and the Glitched G.Colony mission that resulted in a rollback) and its just been... well to be frank: Hell.

Things seem to be getting better, but people are taking that with a grain of salt. This is also why you'll see Sega refered to as Segac. Once you start to play PSU, you'll get the reference.

But I still say join in and see the good side of PSU. All you are seeing is the negative parts. After all; "If it bleeds, it leads." Besides, despite all of the issues, Sega of America is not willing to give up on PSU and thus, neither should we.

RemiusTA
Jun 18, 2008, 12:49 PM

Ignore it.

Just make sure that when you play the game, you go your own way and DONT follow the "hotspots", because then you'll be spamming the same three missions your whole subscription and start complaining along with them.

Most of the people complaining just need to go do something else for a while.

But the complaining about SEGA's management of the game is 100% true. They are slacking seriously.

Wiz
Jun 18, 2008, 12:55 PM
Ignore it.

Just make sure that when you play the game, you go your own way and DONT follow the "hotspots", because then you'll be spamming the same three missions your whole subscription and start complaining along with them.

Most of the people complaining just need to go do something else for a while.

But the complaining about SEGA's management of the game is 100% true. They are slacking seriously.
This.

/thread

Kylie
Jun 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
You can like stuff and still be unhappy with certain things. :lol: I play the game because I like it and have good friends on it; however, I'm not completely happy with the service I get. Sorry? There are people that are really, really negative though, and that's no good, so I know what you mean.

Elley
Jun 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
It's a MMORPG. Find one MMORPG community that isn't full of complainers on a message board. Not possible.

Ahkaskar
Jun 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not playing the game right now. I did play for nearly a year, though. (And nearly a year before that, starting with the game's release. I came back to it shortly before AotI and it was worth it) My subscription was knocked out by the most recent rash of Sega billing issues and I haven't renewed it. Granted, I don't know if they even got that fixed yet, but I'm not in a rush to get back to the game.

This is something to keep in mind. If you log in each day expecting new content, you'll find yourself disappointed after a while. Nothing happens, and sometimes for long stretches of time. The way to get around this is to stop playing for a while. Take a month or three off, then come back and there's usually a few new things to check out. That's what I plan to do, anyway.

ChaosAngel92
Jun 18, 2008, 01:39 PM
Look. There is a simple reason why everyone complains. All of here, or at least I dare to say a 80% of the community loves the game. We have gone trough PSO (must of us) and we finally arrived to PSU.

PSU has so much pottential as a game, the ActionRPG or howhever you wish to call it its amaising. And so far in my case at least, I havnt found any other game like PSU. If I complain about PSU, or the rest does, is because WE LOVE PSU, and to be honest, there are sometimes where we have some anger againts SEGAC because we know thta PSU could be far better if they do change some things.

Thats why its the cmplaining, because we love it. Then we play it.

Metal Heart
Jun 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
Dude your observations suck. you're not there so you don't know exactly what we complain about. most of it's legit, about 60% is legit complains, especially when it comes to the ups and rolls and segac screwing up. but we still like it, and yes the hotspots are terrible, white beast... i have stayed away from there ever since mag was over (people clap), the first stage is acceptance... anyways, we complain because we hear things that we should get and we dont, the japs have about 2-3 months of more stuff then we do so of course we say wtf? if you have a sibling, imagine your parents got them an ipod touch, but they slack off in school, are disrespectful to your parents, just a mean person, but hey they got this because they complain alot, and your still stuck with a reg mp3 but you're the good kid, that's how we feel, the japs complain to sega DIRECTLY and get shit, we sit and go one with life, don't complain to them, but we get the shit end.... (the mp3 deal happened to me, I am still mad at my mom and grandpa for it, my bitch sister didnt deserve that sunnuva bitch haha, when my xbox broke i didn't get a new one right away i gotta wait 3 weeks for a repair...so gay...)

xgp
Jun 18, 2008, 02:38 PM
lol is jast what pll do if soming is bad/good/cool or prifict tay will all was find some to bitch about but tay still play so it cant b all that bad so jast jump online and see if u lack it. ti wrcks for me i nijoe a lot if u need elp whin u get online pm me and will find u some help to get u started

panzer_unit
Jun 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
It's a MMORPG. Find one MMORPG community that isn't full of complainers on a message board. Not possible.

Even if PSU was absolutely flawless I don't think it would do anything to turn off the PSOW waterworks. Some of my favorite complaint threads:

BAWW people thank me when I heal or buff them
BAWW we all got free S-rank grenade launchers
BAWW PSU is too easy for my team of 6 max level dudes
BAWW job ranks / character levels / skill levels are too easy to get
BAWW this special event gives too much xp/mp/drops too many rares/lasts too long
BAWW I can't find anyone to do any mission besides White Beast (there are like a HUNDRED people complaining about the EXACT SAME THING and yet they can't manage to form a team and do some other mission? O_o' )
BAWW Japan has awesome content we don't yet