PDA

View Full Version : Another Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend

Scrub
Jun 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/?pw=presspreview

To kick off the new Pyro weapons and Achievements, Valve is throwing up another Free Weekend.

Though, really, if you havent kicked out the 20 bucks for this game yet, you're crazy. Use it as a demo if you MUST, I guess, but you really should pick this up.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAME ASK ME BECAUSE I JUST SIT AROUND AND PLAY IT ALL DAY.

Sord
Jun 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
Teamfortress 2: It tries to be tactical, it really does. But in the end, it's players make it a plain run-and-gun.

Scrub
Jun 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
You've never even played it.

Sord
Jun 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
yes I have, I've never played it with you

Scrub
Jun 18, 2008, 01:27 PM

Sayara
Jun 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
In otherwords.
Scrub is the onlyplayer of Team Fortress !!

SpikeOtacon
Jun 18, 2008, 01:33 PM
I gotta call my friend Alan and tell him that newb weekend is about to begin.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 18, 2008, 02:22 PM

True words.

astuarlen
Jun 18, 2008, 02:28 PM
I've never played it.

PhotonDrop
Jun 18, 2008, 03:11 PM
I've never played it, nor do I care to play it.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
Dang it, why can't the PS3 version get all this cool stuff? D;

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2008, 05:29 PM

This.

PhotonDrop
Jun 18, 2008, 05:36 PM
Actually, I gave this some thought. I want you to convince me that this game is worth playing. What is it about this game that makes it stand out from other shooting games? Why should I play this instead of Rainbow Six Vegas, or Call of Booty 4: Grenade Warfare?

The art style doesn't sell itself, as I didn't like the Incredibles much. How much does the gameplay make up for this? Recently I've been playing the Battlefield: Bad Company demo and enjoy the massive variety in gameplay. If I want to I could take a tank, use artillery guns, or hell, even a boat. What does Team Fortress 2 bring to the table that I should care about?

SpikeOtacon
Jun 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
Actually, I gave this some thought. I want you to convince me that this game is worth playing. What is it about this game that makes it stand out from other shooting games? Why should I play this instead of Rainbow Six Vegas, or Call of Booty 4: Grenade Warfare?

The art style doesn't sell itself, as I didn't like the Incredibles much. How much does the gameplay make up for this? Recently I've been playing the Battlefield: Bad Company demo and enjoy the massive variety in gameplay. If I want to I could take a tank, use artillery guns, or hell, even a boat. What does Team Fortress 2 bring to the table that I should care about?

Try the free weekend. It's free and will only absorb a few gigs of data on your harddrive. If you didn't find that you could enjoy it, no loss.

One of my favorite things about TF2 is that while some people try to tell you it's nothing more than a run-and-gun, 9 times out of 10 you will get obliterated if you try to one man army it. If you want to have a good match, you're going to have to maintain constant contact with team mates. Playing your role will also go a long way. If you play as a Heavy Weapons Guy, but go around punching people instead of using your minigun, don't expect to get anything done.

TF2 was impressive enough for me to drop Counter Strike like a bad habit, a game i've been playing since way back when steam wasn't around and it used the WON service. Character balance is key, and now with more new weapons being released as time goes on you have to try and factor in what if into your strategy as well. Pyros suck for long range and against a sniper is practically useless unless he can get behind him. But now you have the option of earning one of the Pyro's new weapons which will let him pose more of a threat to the sniper while still maintaining the core skills of the Pyro. He doesn't turn into a sniper, he just has a better line of defense against one.

I'm gonna stop myself now. Play the free weekend. Thats what they are there for, is to help you decide if it is right for you.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2008, 12:03 PM
Why would I bother with this cartoony little thing when I could play a game that I know I'd enjoy? Trying it out on good faith isn't enough.

Jaspaller
Jun 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
Good thing I stumbled upon this topic :o, another free weekend! Going to have to redownload it again but it's worth it. I haven't had that much fun since years ago when I was addicted to CS1.6

Scrub
Jun 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
Why would I bother with this cartoony little thing when I could play a game that I know I'd enjoy? Trying it out on good faith isn't enough.

Stop being a shithead for the sake of being a shithead, Photon Drop. If you're SO SERIOUS about the games you play, this isn't for you, anyway.

Good thing I stumbled upon this topic :o, another free weekend! Going to have to redownload it again but it's worth it. I haven't had that much fun since years ago when I was addicted to CS1.6

Haha, the only advice I can give is to try to steer clear of the Pyro class for this weekend. I'm going to assume that, like last time this happened, half of everybody on each team on each server is going to be going Pyro, though none of them have even played the class before and dont know what the hell to do. If you want to wrack up the kills, go Heavy and Soldier to run them through.

astuarlen
Jun 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
Side effects may include RAGE.

Scrub
Jun 19, 2008, 12:44 PM
Side effects may include RAGE.

I was involved in a match with one section of a POPULAR IMAGEBOARD against another section of it.

We were at a drew most of the match, until one of the guys on our team started screaming about some of the other players, some of the players on the other people's team, and then threw in the old Ragequit. My only regret is that nobody on our team was recording the match, so we don't have a video of it.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2008, 12:50 PM
Stop being a shithead for the sake of being a shithead, Photon Drop. If you're SO SERIOUS about the games you play, this isn't for you, anyway.

If you want others to come join your game at least make it look like a fun experience. You're certainly not doing that by acting like a child over somebody giving you flak. Hell, I'm not even doing that. I'm simply asking you to sell the game to me if you think it's worth it.

I'm not trolling, dipshit. I have legitimate questions that you are refusing to answer. All in all, it doesn't reflect well on your game if this is the reaction I get toward asking why I should play.

Scrub
Jun 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
Why the hell would I want to sell you the game if you're too stuck up to try a FREE DEMO? Get off your high horse, Photon Drop.

Coming into a topic like this and saying that is the EPITOME of being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

Deal with it.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
If you want others to come join your game at least make it look like a fun experience. You're certainly not doing that by acting like a child over somebody giving you flak. Hell, I'm not even doing that. I'm simply asking you to sell the game to me if you think it's worth it.

I'm not trolling, dipshit. I have legitimate questions that you are refusing to answer. All in all, it doesn't reflect well on your game if this is the reaction I get toward asking why I should play.

You're being too picky. The game is free for the entire weekend. If you're so Hell bent on saving an hour or so worth of time to not try this then don't try this. The game experience isn't really like any games; you have to just play it.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2008, 01:12 PM
Why the hell would I want to sell you the game if you're too stuck up to try a FREE DEMO? Get off your high horse, Photon Drop.

Coming into a topic like this and saying that is the EPITOME of being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

Deal with it.

Still, you refuse to give me any positive points to go on. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with this "high horse" business. If you would put down your witty-n-clever act and just give me something to work with I'd be more than happy to play.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 19, 2008, 03:25 PM
Still, you refuse to give me any positive points to go on. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with this "high horse" business. If you would put down your witty-n-clever act and just give me something to work with I'd be more than happy to play.

He's saying you're on a high horse because you refuse to try a free game. It's a fast-paced tactical shooting game. There are a total of nine classes divided into offense, defense, and support. Every class has a specific purpose and, when you have a team who knows their job, things will get done. Seriously, take a 500 MB download and play it when the free weekend comes out.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
We're lucky this is already in FKL, I suppose.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 19, 2008, 03:41 PM
He's saying you're on a high horse because you refuse to try a free game. Seriously, take a 500 MB download and play it when the free weekend comes out.

This.

We shouldn't have to do the free weekend's job. If you're too stubborn to try something that is free for you to try then what's the point? I don't see why you can't drop the hard-ass act and play the game.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2008, 03:46 PM
He's saying you're on a high horse because you refuse to try a free game. It's a fast-paced tactical shooting game. There are a total of nine classes divided into offense, defense, and support. Every class has a specific purpose and, when you have a team who knows their job, things will get done. Seriously, take a 500 MB download and play it when the free weekend comes out.

IF that's the case, from now on I'll be extra sure to use more :wacko:s in my post since there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension around here. Not once after my initial post, which wasn't even serious to begin with, did I outwardly say I would not play. If you read my posts again you will see I expressed interest in playing. The fact that I'm asking what makes it different from other shotting games does not change that.

Suffer the fools that expect serious business in FKL. :clown:

This.

We shouldn't have to do the free weekend's job. If you're too stubborn to try something that is free for you to try then what's the point? I don't see why you can't drop the hard-ass act and play the game.

Nor do I see why I'm being attacked for asking a simple question.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
Nor do I see why I'm being attacked for asking a simple question.

Because we shouldn't have to give you an answer. It's a free weekend, it shouldn't need a wikipedia entry full of bullshit to get you to try it for two days to see if it is your slice of pie.

Honestly.

Weeaboolits
Jun 19, 2008, 03:57 PM
IF that's the case, from now on I'll be extra sure to use more :wacko:s in my post since there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension around here. Not once after my initial post, which wasn't even serious to begin with, did I outwardly say I would not play. If you read my posts again you will see I expressed interest in playing. The fact that I'm asking what makes it different from other shotting games does not change that.

Suffer the fools that expect serious business in FKL. :clown:

Nor do I see why I'm being attacked for asking a simple question.Serious or no, it certainly came off that way, keep in mind that sincerity and sarcasm can be difficult to distinguish from just text.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2008, 04:01 PM
Because we shouldn't have to give you an answer. It's a free weekend, it shouldn't need a wikipedia entry full of bullshit to get you to try it for two days to see if it is your slice of pie.

Honestly.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAME ASK ME BECAUSE I JUST SIT AROUND AND PLAY IT ALL DAY.

Herp derp.

Listen, I'm a working adult. I could care less if it's free for a weekend, or a monthly fee for a lifetime. If you don't have anything positive to say about the game and would prefer to call me out about imaginary high-horses and attitudes I do not have, I will move along.

Seriously, all three of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

SpikeOtacon
Jun 19, 2008, 04:25 PM
Herp derp.

Listen, I'm a working adult. I could care less if it's free for a weekend, or a monthly fee for a lifetime. If you don't have anything positive to say about the game and would prefer to call me out about imaginary high-horses and attitudes I do not have, I will move along.

Seriously, all three of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

No, it is you who is making this more than it has to be. Your attitude is stubborn, there is no mistaking that. You continue to press on "Why should I?" and when I suggest you just try it for free, you get your panties up in a bunch. There are working adults who have addictions to WoW that manage to make a living playing for half a day, even at work. There is no excuse to continue on your tirade.

I wouldn't want you on my team anyways, i'd be dead by the time I could convince you to do your job and then we'd have lost the match. So I guess it is best you aren't going to play.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SmileyCorp/Gentlemen.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SmileyCorp/SpiesSappin.jpg

Ryna
Jun 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
"Serious Business" belongs in Off-Topic or Rants. I'm closing this thread because it is headed in the wrong direction.