PDA

View Full Version : Wat do you think of PSU?

Celsore
Jun 18, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hey I need a rating on PSU on how good the game is over all offline and online!

Y do i need this info? im thinking of buying PSU but im not sure if its worth $$ or not so i could use ur help:smile:

Kenoke
Jun 18, 2008, 09:02 PM
It's worth it. I played the X360 Demo for months before making my decision.. and it was a good one. Fun game.

9.5/10 the community is fun, the game is addicting, and its plain awesome.

Mikura
Jun 18, 2008, 09:13 PM
Considering you're asking this in a PSU forum with PSU fans, I think you'll know what most people are going to say already. >_>

Brainwrecked
Jun 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
PSU is a great game in theory. In execution, there's a lot of little retarded things here and there that pop up and hold the game back. Going into them all would border on TL;DR so I'll just leave it at that. Just keep in mind that if you have fun, it's just as much in spite of PSU than it is because of PSU.

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
Worth playing. Here's the easiest and most fair way to break it down.

* Offline mode is good, but missing stuff that online has. 360 doesn't have the expansion offline, but the PC/PS2 versions do... at the cost of a disk. 360 downloads the expansion with no offline option available

* Gameplay is good. Not great and does have some flaws, but it is enjoyable. These gameplay issues vary depending on what class (stlye) you will play. Melee classes don't have much of a problem, while Shooting classes can be compared to a one string banjo. Effective, but one stringed (button.) Tech (magic) classes give you two ways to play: support or attack. Choose one you like, or do both. Up to you. Any more detail gets more complicated.

* Online mode is fine, but Sega's in game support and management has been pathetic as of late. It seems to be getting better, but no one would bet their hat on that. The online player base is no different then what I suppose any other MMORPG would be: a mix of mature and not-so-mature players.

* For the money, it's worth it if you play offline and online. Its also worth it for online too. For offline only, its worth it only if you think you can see yourself playing all the way through and enjoying the story. Some people will debate if its worth it offline only and I don't think I can say it is 100% either. But I would feel horrible if the game was online only too... so try to find the middle ground in that.

I hope that this helped you out and hopefully, we'll see you on the forums more and in game as well.

Mewnie
Jun 18, 2008, 09:38 PM
Despite the flaws, PSU is, to me, enjoyable enough to keep me subscribed :3

MSAksion
Jun 18, 2008, 09:56 PM
Me too its the people i like most and the game itself too is cool.

I like the sci fi edge with mysticism and magic. Though not much of the planets looks like its in space.

The mechanics of PSU such as Strafe and the action palette hotswap really make this type of game much faster than say Final Fantasy Eleven or other MMO where you sit and click click click wait wait wait click wait click. Here you have some control over your character.

Yes i know the clothing are all AUSTIN POWERS REJECTED wardrobe but some are kinda cool. The weapons are neat though i wish S ranks would attack differently. The races are neat though later the stats dont mean much as job level rises. T__T

Yes i know PSU is "DYNASTIC WARRIORS ONLINE" and thers no jump button and rangers should just buy an autofire controller but i love PSU and have loved it since the first week back in 2006.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 18, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hey I need a rating on PSU on how good the game is over all offline and online!

Y do i need this info? im thinking of buying PSU but im not sure if its worth $$ or not so i could use ur help:smile:

Dude, this game is so awesome, I cannot explain to you how great it is. If you like to mingle with people, do co-operative missons together with people, then this is the game for you! It is more fun if you play with friends. The things you and your friends can do on this game are ENDLESS!!!!

PALRAPPYS
Jun 18, 2008, 10:28 PM
It's a pretty fun game.

However, the online service can have it's ups and downs at times. Recently is an example. :/

Mia-chan
Jun 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'll give you my honest review.

Graphics: Not horrible, but not very good. The graphics are cute, but could be alot better. (7/10)

Gameplay: Easy to get used to and actually pretty fun. The downside is that it gets boring after awhile, like most games. I often find myself chatting instead of doing missions. (6.5/10)

Storyline: Ehhh, I hate the "offline story" but the online story missions are pretty cool. I often find myself WAITING for a new one to come out. (7/10)

Online: The community is really nice, most of the time. Its easy to find parties, and easy to make friends. (8.5/10)

Overall review: 7.5/10 (Good)

Basically, this game is WORTH the amount it costs. Plain old PSU isn't, in my opinion, but AoI, however, is worth it. You should get it. :] And I'll be your friend if you're lonely. LOL. XD

Brainwrecked
Jun 18, 2008, 10:46 PM
Oh dear God, I can't believe someone finally turned the Sega logo into Segac.

If you're new and need a review of PSU, the come-about of the term SEGAC above sums it up succinctly.

In PSU, there's four weapons manufacturers. One of them being a "junk" shop (Kabura) that makes some originals that range from good to awesome but mostly just knocks off others' weapons with lesser quality while changing the name in some form to end in the letter C.

While the proportion of suck to awesome may be far greater with Kabura than with Segac, you get the idea.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 18, 2008, 10:50 PM
yeah its a great game just dont let it become a chore or youll hate it, play for fun and keep in mind no1 starts off with the best weopons or at lv 130 ^^ and FYI the 360 has a bigger community than pc/ps2 does ^^;

Mikura
Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, about what I expected from everyone...But yeah, everyone's more or less right. The game's not perfect by no means, and Sega's support sucks most of the time, but it's enjoyable for what it is, and you'll get your money's worth from it I believe. Just don't expect it to be an MMO like FFXI or WoW. It's a lot smaller than those games, and far less complicated, but hey, that's also part of it's appeal. The fact it's NOT a monumental time sink gives it a big advantage over other online games in my opinion. Easy to pick up, play, and make progress without forfeiting your real life to do so.

Brainwrecked
Jun 18, 2008, 11:44 PM
<sega-bashing-guilt-trip>
<ffxi-bashing>

As much as I've bashed Sega, at least we don't waste 3 hours of our time in travel between places, pay $1 per extra character, and pay $25 when we want to switch Universes/Worlds.

</ffxi-bashing>
</sega-bashing-guilt-trip>

<flamewar possibility="unknown">

Celsore
Jun 19, 2008, 01:51 PM
thanks everyone ill probly have the game and mybe b on the online version by the end of the summer

another question do i have to beat the offline story to do the online stuff with the character i make?

Inazuma
Jun 19, 2008, 01:55 PM
my life is PSU, so needless to say, its my favorite game and favorite thing to do. id rate the online mode 10/10 but offline would be about 4/10 i guess.

amtalx
Jun 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
Its worth a try. You'll have a better experience if you play other games though. This game is not suited for very hardcore players.

Follisimo
Jun 19, 2008, 02:08 PM
Don't play the game if you don't like disappointments. At least when they say about getting content. The game is fairly repetitive if you want certain items so you fight the same map over and over. The PC/PS2 version lacks people greatly while the 360 has like 2 full Uni during the weekend at times. You might spend more time doing solo missions or running with people who are jerks.

Overall I'd give the game a 6 out of 10

Anyways I am just playing PSU til Warhammer Online comes out.

MAXrappy
Jun 19, 2008, 02:21 PM
^^ and FYI the 360 has a bigger community than pc/ps2 does ^^;

but PC/PS2 has a better community :P

Elley
Jun 19, 2008, 06:30 PM
but PC/PS2 has a better community :P

No it doesn't. It just has less people.

Anyway, the game is great. Best MMORPG on a console right now. If you're a PC gamer there really is no reason to play this game since there are titles immensely superior to this available.

Ri8002
Jun 20, 2008, 09:53 AM
I am a new player to the game, been play for around a month, and I'd say it's worth the money. If you played PSO, it has a different button combination, which in my opinion is worse =O, but that could be because i was used to having to the new system. Other than that it's bigger than PSO, better graphics, all in all a great game, I'd totally suggest getting it!

swampygiant
Jun 20, 2008, 05:11 PM
Its a really great game, if your down for paying the $9.99 a month to play online on the 360.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 05:21 PM
I think its game with huge potential but the combination of sheep-like players herding to 1 mission at a time for months at a time with segas slow updates and constant problems hide its potential and make it an OK game.

I only play it for whats to come. Mission Carnival, Master Classes, White Beast S2, the GBR's the story missions and cool looking weapons keep me playing the game.

Im basically only playing to prepare my characters for what's to come.

Elley
Jun 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
I think its game with huge potential but the combination of sheep-like players herding to 1 mission at a time for months at a time with segas slow updates and constant problems hide its potential and make it an OK game.

I only play it for whats to come. Mission Carnival, Master Classes, White Beast S2, the GBR's the story missions and cool looking weapons keep me playing the game.

Im basically only playing to prepare my characters for what's to come.

You're complaining about everyone doing WB at the moment, but then you state you're excited for WB s2? ;)

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 07:33 PM
yes. new drops i like the cool looking weapons its a part of the game i like is the cool weapons and clothes and stuff.

I like it when they upgrade the drops so, so im more interested in the drops and not the mission cuz i like the drops a lot :P