PDA

View Full Version : Just bought PC version. Where is my online key?

dreamcaster0
Jun 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
Seriously... I opened the box... just a DVD and a manual with no sign of a product key. For online play...

Gunslinger-08
Jun 18, 2008, 09:16 PM
you don't need a product key. You need to register online and give them credit card info.

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
Sega rocks so hard, because PSU doesn't need an online key. One of the good things Sega did.

You have everything you need to play PSU.

Now go on and get your game on. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, you need the Guardians license and all thtat stuff too. The official site explains this well.

dreamcaster0
Jun 18, 2008, 09:18 PM
So what is there to stop ten people buying one set of disks and all purchasing their own Hunter's Licenses... haha

Ahkaskar
Jun 18, 2008, 09:29 PM
There's absolutely nothing to stop anyone from simply copying the disc or its contents and using that to install the game on multiple computers. Instead of making it difficult to install the game, they opted for game related anti-hacking measures which tend towards creating "false positive" related issues.

I really think they should have chosen to do things differently. Data should have been server-side from the beginning, and the disc security should have been done the way Supreme Commander was done. The disc is protected and immediately after installation, the game would require the disc. However, the first patch available should remove the requirement that the disc is in the drive.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 18, 2008, 09:32 PM
nothin you all still have to pay the 10$ a month fee

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm glad that we don't have a product code system. Sega is more worried about the subscription cost than the one time fee cost. And I think that's rightfully so. Besides, the PC version has gameguard and that stops everything that I am aware of.

There are codebreaker codes for the PS2 but nothing for the PC. So I say the system works well. Dunno about the 360 though.

SonicTMP
Jun 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
So what is there to stop ten people buying one set of disks and all purchasing their own Hunter's Licenses... haha

There isn't. You can probably find a torrent of aoti for PC and just pay the subcription fee. Not like it isn't cheap. I bought my atoi out of a bargin bin for like 7 bucks.

Tulio07
Jun 18, 2008, 09:50 PM
I think they're more worried abotu the online fees more as that's where they make most of their money I guess. But 10 people sharing the same disc is bad. If it breaks, who's gettin the next one? :P

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 18, 2008, 10:16 PM
hahahah, basically you paid for a game that could've simply been downloaded

Psycho_Sonic
Jun 19, 2008, 06:07 AM
lol paying for aoti

Alura
Jun 19, 2008, 06:10 AM
have fun with phantasy reskinned online :)

landman
Jun 19, 2008, 07:25 AM
I did pay for the japanese PS2 versions and the 360 versions, I didn't pay for the PC versions and I play in the free period lol