PDA

View Full Version : AotI Psycho Wand breaks at 99%?

SakuraJr
Jun 19, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ok what the crap is this? How can a 99% success synth weapon break? That defies a lot of odds in my opinion. Not only that, but it's a (beep) in a half to make from all the over price mats out there. My question is, who's Psycho wand or 99% synth broke here?

Powder Keg
Jun 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
Mine was a success.

It can fail because well.....it's not 100%. Trust me, my heart was going th-thump, th-thump when I was ready to take mine out.

If you play games where you see percentages a lot more often (strategy games like FFTactics and Tactics Ogre) you miss a lot more 99%'s and see opponents make 1%'s a lot more often than you may think.

SakuraJr
Jun 19, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think it still defies the odds. I know 2 people this has happened to at least. I just don't think it's fair to try and make something that states it's a 99% chance of success and it breaks. Maybe it's not really 99% at all..

Elley
Jun 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
Random number generators aren't really all that random. I'm sure that's what the basis for crafting percentages are in PSU. Because of this, things are more likely to fail than if they were at a TRUE 1% chance of doing so.

Think of it. It's like picking a number between 1-100 and having someone guessing it correctly. It would happen pretty much NEVER, but I've heard of lots of weapons breaking in PSU at a 99% chance of success. It's not a true 99%.

Powder Keg
Jun 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
Of course it's going against the odds...but it's very possible to fail...and it is fair, otherwise percentages would really serve no purpose.

Xaeris
Jun 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
I want to be sympathetic, really, I do. But...a 1% chance is still a chance.

Cracka_J
Jun 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
made 6, 0 fails

actually I made my first during 1 up bonuses, but during one of the rollbacks I took one out in the morning time as a success and had to do it again after the rollback...so I still consider that 6 makes lol.

but ya, I still consider even 99% like a coin flip.
you don't have 99% odds on your side, you have 2 logical synth results:
success or fail

when you look at it that way, every synth has 50% odds, which is why I'm always happen when stuff goes my way.

it's a risk every time you hit that button, even if it is just a 1% risk

XxG1RxX
Jun 19, 2008, 06:55 PM
Be happy they're 99% now.
IIRC they WERE in the 70% range before AOI, and my friend made his with that chance.

Indica
Jun 19, 2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear it failed, that sucks so bad. I synthed 2 Psycho Wands back in December during the 1up Synth boost and I have another board that I will not synth till next month when we get our boost again.

99% Chance sounds very good, but that 1% chance is not worth trying to collect everything all over again.

Shou
Jun 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
I dont think anyone has failed a 99% synth chance accept for this one guy who failed a repca when they first kinda came out.

He quit because of it o_o

Indica
Jun 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hiro failed the Psycho Wand too and then I heard rumors he quit the game because of that

SonicTMP
Jun 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
ouch yeah. I've failed 2 "gaurenteed" grinds before. Among the many double sabers at 85%+ I've been failing lately too.

Bottom line. The synth system is the WORST craft system ever. Being punished for working hard and spending the time to collecty mats is always stupid.

Chris28
Jun 19, 2008, 07:11 PM
ouch yeah. I've failed 2 "gaurenteed" grinds before. Among the many double sabers at 85%+ I've been failing lately too.

Bottom line. The synth system is the WORST craft system ever. Being punished for working hard and spending the time to collecty mats is always stupid.

guaranteed is 95%+

Nezumirro
Jun 19, 2008, 07:12 PM

Really well said...Storm line and Shinowa line failures at 250k a nanopolymer is REDICULOUS. Ive been put out of Tens of millions because of that BS

Syl
Jun 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
Well when you think about it... it either fails or it doesn't. To me all synths are 50/50 unless it's 100%

It's feasible to say that you could fail 1000 p wands in a row (course, the chance is abysmal)

DISCO
Jun 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
It said 99% and you are surprised it can fail?

SakuraJr
Jun 19, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm NOT surprised it can fail. I'm surprised it DID. And I'm a bit annoyed actually. Making this thing took a huge chunk out of my fund and also out of my will to ever make a psycho wand. I'm considering quitting but not because of this.

BlackHowling
Jun 19, 2008, 08:01 PM
I failed a repca recently @ 99%. It sucks, but it does happen.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
and people think im silly for waiting for the synth boost on my P-wand! I've failed over 10 S ranks in a row now on my tech PM im not gonna risk this one XD

RegulusHikari
Jun 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
Mine was a success.

It can fail because well.....it's not 100%. Trust me, my heart was going th-thump, th-thump when I was ready to take mine out.

If you play games where you see percentages a lot more often (strategy games like FFTactics and Tactics Ogre) you miss a lot more 99%'s and see opponents make 1%'s a lot more often than you may think.

That son of a bitch Fire Dragon Crit'd my 20/20 Hector with a 1% chance. :argh:

But yeah, it failed because 0.99 =/= 1. Sorry, my friend, you took the risk and got shafted. Tis life.

And the % rate of success in V1 was 56% for both Pwand and Agito IIRC.

Powder Keg
Jun 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
That son of a bitch Fire Dragon Crit'd my 20/20 Hector with a 1% chance. :argh:

Hate Dragons.. :argh:

Miyuki
Jun 19, 2008, 08:15 PM
Have 3 pwands and 2 gaos waiting to synth for this very reason

SonicTMP
Jun 19, 2008, 08:17 PM
and people think im silly for waiting for the synth boost on my P-wand! I've failed over 10 S ranks in a row now on my tech PM im not gonna risk this one XD

No pople don't think you silly. But having to wait for an event that offers the synth boost then waiting another 5 months for the reward to kick in just so you can synth something with confidance is pretty stupid.

And I don't mean you waiting, I mean the system itself.

pikachief
Jun 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
No pople don't think you silly. But having to wait for an event that offers the synth boost then waiting another 5 months for the reward to kick in just so you can synth something with confidance is pretty stupid.

And I don't mean you waiting, I mean the system itself.

actually i was just kidding im broke and all i have is 5 diads i CANT synth it right now XD lol

Sasamichan
Jun 19, 2008, 09:29 PM
guaranteed is 99.9%+

Thats what I see it as.

Maskim
Jun 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
As previously stated by the masses, a chance to fail is a chance to fail. Someone had to fail it. Look at the bright side, the next 99 of us should be fine. ;)

furrypaws
Jun 19, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hate Dragons.. :argh:

Reminds be a bit of when I was playing FE:SS. I was on mission 15, Ephraim's chapter (or at least, I think it was; it's often called one of the most difficult missions). I make it to the very end, only for Ephraim to get BERSERKED with a 5% chance, then getting one shotted by the general he felt like running up to with a like 10% chance to hit (which actually wouldn't have killed him) and a 2% crit. ._.

On topic, back in old PSU, I missed like 4 A ranks (which were actually the "S ranks" of that time period) by about 15% each time. >_<

Lance813
Jun 19, 2008, 09:49 PM
guarunteed is 100% silly

Sasamichan
Jun 19, 2008, 09:53 PM
guarunteed is 100% silly

Not really. There have been unproven reports that its not. Psupedia is reporting it as 95%, but I believe its more around 99.9%

Dragwind
Jun 19, 2008, 09:54 PM
That is unfortunate. Sorry to hear. :(

sKOsiris
Jun 19, 2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah bro sorry to hear what happen.
Everytime i pull out my P.wands im always like this better not fail.... so far im 6/6 P.Wands and actually to this point im not really going to care if i fail one any time soon, "unless i buy the [b]". all the one ive synth. were boards i found or gotten from party.

Donut_Hunter
Jun 19, 2008, 10:28 PM
Ya, it sucks you failed, but you(others besides OP) shouldn't be bitching about the system. You should know that if it's not 100% there is a chance for failure.

SonicTMP, why are you complaining that every synth(don't get picky about the wording) isn't 100%? Every online rpg game has a system similar to this. You gather materials, synth it, and pass or fail. You lose expensive stuff sometimes; that's part of the game. If you want expensive/powerful items you have to be willing to accept the risks involved in making them.

autumn
Jun 19, 2008, 10:32 PM
OOOO ME ME ME!

After the ridiculous amount of time and money spent on the stupid wand my PM gave me the most expensive piece of diad I've ever owned. Ever. And now I can't find another [b]

pikachief
Jun 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
Not really. There have been unproven reports that its not. Psupedia is reporting it as 95%, but I believe its more around 99.9%

data ripped from the disc isn't proof? than what is? :(

Fyrin
Jun 19, 2008, 10:48 PM
yea i've made 9 p wands and out of those 2 failed... :(

tho first one i made was not on a pure pm so i kinda expected that >.>

AlphaDragoon
Jun 19, 2008, 11:34 PM
So let me get this straight...100% isn't actually 100%, and you can still fail?

This is officially the most retarded customization system ever made.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 19, 2008, 11:44 PM
22 succesfull synths not 1 failure but i did jinx a friends hers broke and she quit and hasnt spoken to me since not even in real life :(

indescribably
Jun 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
This is Odessa Bowen, by the way.

I've made like 25 psychos. with 1 failure. i have two making right now. and i'm scared. I always get scared now when I synth a psycho

Alastor_Haven
Jun 20, 2008, 12:06 AM
Ouch

imo

It's a fucking 50/50 Regardless

Unless it's 100%

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
Ouch

imo

It's a fucking 50/50 Regardless

Unless it's 100%

A-Fkn-men to that bro

Para
Jun 20, 2008, 12:27 AM
Lesson to be learned: when there's a chance... don't take it for granted otherwise you get screwed like me with multiple s rank failures lol.

Indica
Jun 20, 2008, 12:37 AM
How the heck are people synthing 22-25 Psycho Wands ?????

I've got about 600 Million saved up but not blowing my bank on Diads. What are you guys doing? Selling a Pwand to help cover the next batch of 30 Diads?

Fyrin
Jun 20, 2008, 07:28 AM

I've got about 600 Million saved up but not blowing my bank on Diads. What are you guys doing? Selling a Pwand to help cover the next batch of 30 Diads?

Diads drop often at White Beast, I've gotten over 30 of em in bout 3 hours of spammin' that mission.

drizzle
Jun 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
Diads drop often at White Beast, I've gotten over 30 of em in bout 3 hours of spammin' that mission.

That's extremely lucky, or you found a way to do full WB S runs in half a minute.

Powder Keg
Jun 20, 2008, 07:59 AM
30 in about 3 hours?

lol.......

What are you guys doing? Selling a Pwand to help cover the next batch of 30 Diads?

I had 15 saved up throughout my playing time, I've found maybe a total of 10 since AOI released White Beast, 5 elsewhere, and the rest I traded other materials for (Morbinia seems to be a good thing to trade for it)

Dakkon
Jun 20, 2008, 07:59 AM
Let's say you are a decent player and can spam 10 minute solo runs nonstop during 3 hours and let's cut the lobby/mission counter/loading times. Let's also say that you get that box to drop it every single one of those runs, 18 runs in a row, no other mission has been more heavily played, everyone here knows that those end boxes often contain just shit, yet let's assume you get regularly your Diad every mission. All of my generous guessing makes for an impossible 18 Diads, lol 18, LOL over 30.

Fyrin
Jun 20, 2008, 08:28 AM
Let's say you are a decent player and can spam 10 minute solo runs nonstop during 3 hours and let's cut the lobby/mission counter/loading times. Let's also say that you get that box to drop it every single one of those runs, 18 runs in a row, no other mission has been more heavily played, everyone here knows that those end boxes often contain just shit, yet let's assume you get regularly your Diad every mission. All of my generous guessing makes for an impossible 18 Diads, lol 18, LOL over 30.

LOL your right! It would be around there.

Kizeragi
Jun 20, 2008, 08:47 AM

I don't think so.

Arada
Jun 20, 2008, 09:00 AM

Not that I want to defend him or anything but Diads also drop during the mission.

Anyways, I also find that 30 in 3 hours is a bit over-estimated but I guess it was more a way of saying he can get Diads quite easily, maybe in like 3 days of spamming.

Hyperbole, you know.

Jainsea
Jun 20, 2008, 10:26 AM
Ive always wanted a Pwand but my luck in the [b] dropping is like -3 luck T_T and luck in
getting the mats I fair no better :( If I ever got to the point of getting the [b] ,all the mats but
only to have it fail at 99% I'd be extremely frustrated>< but I'd go on and find other stuff. I wouldnt quit over it lol. Daids dropping that much at WB? you must be extremely lucky, I dont recall getting many from there if any and I ran that mission lots ><.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 20, 2008, 10:49 AM

umm i brought 3 stacks when they were 70k ea.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
Oh that sucks. You should've waited for the Boost cause everyone knows the synth %'s are bullshit. I'm not synthing my next PW yet for this very reason. My Nova also has Needle cannon waiting to be synthed as well.

Hiroko
Jun 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
99% isn't really 99% Jr.!
I saw a chart once for the synthing odds, and was quite surprized that the values are DEFINATELY NOT perfectly accurate... ^^;

Hiroko
Jun 20, 2008, 02:50 PM
guaranteed is 95%+ I don't think so...100% is more like it...I have to agree w/ Sasami-chan.
and sorry about the double post

stukasa
Jun 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. ^^; I've only made one so far and it was a success but I'm planning to wait for the MAG bonus before I synth the next one. After all the trouble I went through getting the board and mats I'm not going to risk it, even at 99%.

chaostroop3
Jun 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
more than 99% of the psycho wands work lol but not many pepole come here and say everythime they make one

Darklighter
Jun 20, 2008, 06:52 PM
Funny how I can make tons of items at 99% and never fail unless it is something good.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 06:54 PM

i can do that! but i take an extra minute to see if the boss is being extremely generous to give me a board lol so it takes me 11 min :(

Kadajenova
Jun 21, 2008, 08:38 AM
I failed a monomate at 100% once :P

AuroraBlaze
Jun 21, 2008, 12:03 PM
My friends Psycho Wand failed. We were having a horror story competition and I thought I had her beat with my failed Rattlesnake, but she won....made me feel a little better but Im still pretty bummed. Failing is the WORST! bleh! And what sux is, I didnt hold onto my reciept so I cant return it now!! I wish there was some type of warranty! XD Oh but I did get a lovely Neptuline in exchange for my Rattlesnake board....

RemiusTA
Jun 21, 2008, 01:49 PM
Ok what the crap is this? How can a 99% success synth weapon break? That defies a lot of odds in my opinion. Not only that, but it's a (beep) in a half to make from all the over price mats out there. My question is, who's Psycho wand or 99% synth broke here?

this is why Synth %'s are bullshit.

the high number looks neat and all on paper, but once you fail them it really doesnt make a difference anymore.

Espically since you have to wait hours to find out if it worked or not.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
wow all these broken psychowands are making me think i have 2 more to make & 2 making ATM jeez i dont wanna make the others now ^^; ill wait patiently now cuz if i fail one :dead: ill keep makin me some bearclaws 100% for now so far 2 30% 1 42% and 6 20%+ ^^;

Zwick_
Jun 21, 2008, 02:11 PM
this is why Synth %'s are bullshit.

the high number looks neat and all on paper, but once you fail them it really doesnt make a difference anymore.

Espically since you have to wait hours to find out if it worked or not.

First I am going to say sorry to head about the Pwand, that sucks
Remius, synth %s are not bullshit, they are what they say they are, there is a 1/100 chance that they will fail which is a pretty decent chance if you think about some of the other longshots that have been made in history, hate to use it as an example, but to be the victim of a terrorist attack is much lower than that, but sadly it happens to people every day. I am very sorry that I used that as an example to anyone who is affected or offended by it. ALSO just remember that it took over a day in pre-AOI to find out if you got it to work.

Elley
Jun 21, 2008, 02:11 PM
wow all these broken psychowands are making me think i have 2 more to make & 2 making ATM jeez i dont wanna make the others now ^^; ill wait patiently now cuz if i fail one :dead: ill keep makin me some bearclaws 100% for now so far 2 30% 1 42% and 6 20%+ ^^;

OMG you're such a badass.

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 02:14 PM
i luckily haven't failed a 99% yet. i've made 4 psycho wands and 2 gaozoran rods and not one has failed. yet i have heard of them failing and i've failed quite a few 90%+ weapons boards, which leads me to believe that chance of success means absolutely nothing in this game. its 50-50 most you can do is close your eyes cross your fingers and hope for the best...

Kyte_Rawr
Jun 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
The GMs actually check whoever is making something with 99% and make it fail for fun

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
woot P Wands got made along with 36% Dark double agito but failed twin tornado:dead: my range bot hates me its failed alot of good weps (Rattlesnacs n barecs)

Svaltus
Jun 21, 2008, 02:49 PM
after read this topic! i will only synth my agito repica after us take bonus synth MAG!

No way lost 99mil! :P

SakuraJr
Jun 21, 2008, 04:02 PM
The GMs actually check whoever is making something with 99% and make it fail for fun

I have a feeling that's true. SEGA so owes me a psycho wand

C-0719
Jun 21, 2008, 10:42 PM
sadly sega will not..

SakuraJr
Jun 22, 2008, 12:25 PM
sadly sega will not..

of course they won't but it's wishful hoping