PDA

View Full Version : ST gonna drop the ball again?

S.T.K
Jun 20, 2008, 01:19 AM
or does anyone else have the feeling that Sega Teams gonna drop the ball again, while they are moving locations.

and some things are gonna come up missing...

D1ABOLIK
Jun 20, 2008, 01:20 AM
I have a bad feeling that im trying to ignore. But its just a hunch, that something will go wrong. Dont know what. But something.

Criss
Jun 20, 2008, 01:38 AM
I'm trying to be optimistic and try to think that these three weeks of small updates in a row are only the sign of an epic win streak from sega. Perhaps they will "forget" certain problematic staff members at their old building. :wacko:

Ken_Silver
Jun 20, 2008, 01:45 AM
I'm trying to be optimistic and try to think that these three weeks of small updates in a row are only the sign of an epic win streak from sega. Perhaps they will "forget" certain problematic staff members at their old building. :wacko:

Indeed. I think after the 65 Debacle, Sega may have turned over a new leaf. Overall, the company is predicted to do well this year with 2 good Sonic games coming out.

PSU-wise, we have a lot of content to get by December and if things speed up like they are now, we'll get most of it by then.

People complain about the small updates, but every small update is a drop in the bucket. And those will add up eventually.

Ri0T
Jun 20, 2008, 01:45 AM
Dunno. Sega of America doesn't purposely shoot themselves in the foot. They are incapable of doing things themselves past a certain degree, they have to get Sega of Japan to fix the big stuff, (pretty much anything that doesn't go according to schedule) so it's kinda up to them.

I'm worried they're just going to let us fade into obscurity eventually. I'm still having fun playing this game. D:

Pandaling
Jun 20, 2008, 01:52 AM
"opps I dropped the box!"

Hope for no butterfingers please.

Criss
Jun 20, 2008, 01:52 AM
What I'm really hoping for, is that they're actually looking for a Blue Burst equivalent to PSU for X360 and PC/PS3. That would free the development team from the harddrive-less limitations and allow them to rebuild PSU with better graphics, more stability, and actual downloadable updates.

It's gonna be close to a year since the release of JP AotI. If they're not releasing news of the new expansion soon, it might be that they're working on something big.

I'm willing to believe that it's only going to get better from here. But hey, it might just be wishful thinking. :wacko:

Rescue
Jun 20, 2008, 01:57 AM
I have a feeling that the bicycle pulling all the equipment is gonna get a flat tire.....

Maskim
Jun 20, 2008, 01:58 AM
It's just you.

Kerry157
Jun 20, 2008, 02:01 AM
This is Sega's plan to finally be rid of the profit killing pc/ps2 servers. In transit our servers will be destroyed by some kind of "automobile accident" while the 360 servers will be miraculously saved.

Ri0T
Jun 20, 2008, 02:05 AM
Then we can have private servers... and maybe someone will find out how to get all the updates off the disc from day one. XD

A2K
Jun 20, 2008, 02:08 AM
Then we can have private servers... and maybe someone will find out how to get all the updates off the disc from day one. XD

There are no updates on the disc. Only game assets.

Ri0T
Jun 20, 2008, 02:11 AM
Ok, the assets they are feeding us as game updates.

A2K
Jun 20, 2008, 02:20 AM
Ok, the assets they are feeding us as game updates.

The game disc has areas and enemies. It's up to the server to actually put them together into something coherent. Not that I doubt a private server would have too much trouble doing it, but it would take quite a bit more work than anything that could have been done in PSO (where virtually everything was on the disc). They could feasibly just copy pre-existing missions for whatever's already out there, but not for anything that hasn't been released yet, which they would have to fabricate.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 02:22 AM
so private servers could have a mission with 1 room and a like 100 spawns of enemies all getting harder and harder with better and better drops, eventually leading to like lvl 259's with 15* drops lololol

in theory.

(it could be that big room at the end of dark satellite :D

A2K
Jun 20, 2008, 02:25 AM
so private servers could have a mission with 1 room and a like 100 spawns of enemies all getting harder and harder with better and better drops, eventually leading to like lvl 259's with 15* drops lololol

in theory.

So could the official servers, if they ever made something like... well, wait, wasn't there something like that in the Mission Carnival?

BFGfreak
Jun 20, 2008, 02:26 AM

in theory.

Now that would be awsome if one could do that.

Ri0T
Jun 20, 2008, 03:03 AM
The game disc has areas and enemies. It's up to the server to actually put them together into something coherent. Not that I doubt a private server would have too much trouble doing it, but it would take quite a bit more work than anything that could have been done in PSO (where virtually everything was on the disc). They could feasibly just copy pre-existing missions for whatever's already out there, but not for anything that hasn't been released yet, which they would have to fabricate.
I am probably not explaining myself well. Basically, I mean new items, new Guardian Types, etc. They are already on the disc.

A2K
Jun 20, 2008, 03:09 AM
I am probably not explaining myself well. Basically, I mean new items, new Guardian Types, etc. They are already on the disc.

The items are there, but how and where they drop would need to be set by the server. The last few Guardian types on the disc are incomplete, having laughable weapon selections and stats to match--assuming that hasn't already been patched by now.

Mark87
Jun 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Its all about the money not the players. Not tryin to be mean or somethin but they really don't care if they upset people as long as they make lots of $$$$

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
The items are there, but how and where they drop would need to be set by the server. The last few Guardian types on the disc are incomplete, having laughable weapon selections and stats to match--assuming that hasn't already been patched by now.

its not gonna be patched. patches are for when there are something wrong with something.

the classes are all fine and good, if u don't understand or haven't seen videos of them soloing much faster than any other class can then im sorry. if u dont understand how their PAs and speed makes up for their low stats that's also a shame.

The classes are fine the only problem they have is a low weapon selection, but thats jsut something people have to deal with :P they can't make it into a class that'll make the others obsolete that would just make the others pointless and boring.

Schubalts
Jun 20, 2008, 02:43 PM
its not gonna be patched. patches are for when there are something wrong with something.

the classes are all fine and good, if u don't understand or haven't seen videos of them soloing much faster than any other class can then im sorry. if u dont understand how their PAs and speed makes up for their low stats that's also a shame.

The classes are fine the only problem they have is a low weapon selection, but thats jsut something people have to deal with :P they can't make it into a class that'll make the others obsolete that would just make the others pointless and boring.

A2K is referring to the garbage data was found for the Master classes.

Cubone
Jun 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
I have a bad feeling that im trying to ignore. But its just a hunch, that something will go wrong. Dont know what. But something.

I agree.

Wiz
Jun 20, 2008, 03:29 PM
ST/Sega has messed up badly in the past when it comes to PSU, but in all honesty, I don't think they will mess up with this. Maybe.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
A2K is referring to the garbage data was found for the Master classes.

o lol sorry i just get upset when someone looks at the weapons and stats at the master classes and automatically think their horrible XD

ChaosAngel92
Jun 20, 2008, 06:29 PM
ST/Sega has messed up badly in the past when it comes to PSU, but in all honesty, I don't think they will mess up with this. Maybe.

SEGAC....

furrypaws
Jun 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
What I'm really hoping for, is that they're actually looking for a Blue Burst equivalent to PSU for X360 and PC/PS3. That would free the development team from the harddrive-less limitations and allow them to rebuild PSU with better graphics, more stability, and actual downloadable updates.

It's gonna be close to a year since the release of JP AotI. If they're not releasing news of the new expansion soon, it might be that they're working on something big.

I'm willing to believe that it's only going to get better from here. But hey, it might just be wishful thinking. :wacko:

That's kinda a lose-win situation for me, since I'd love to see something happen like this, but only own a 360 and probably wouldn't be able to use my PC/PS2 character on it (unless by a miracle they merge all three of them). I also don't think it's going to happen because I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that the largest PSU population in Japan is the PS2, and taking that out would probably force a lot of them to quit.

Do I think something's going to go wrong? I've actually gotten to the point with this game where I ask if something's going to go right. =P