PDA

View Full Version : Will our accounts be pro-rated?

Guntz348
Jan 25, 2003, 09:12 PM
With the new server patch up and running they eliminated duping, but at what cost? Now no one can dupe but we can't play online safely. No one is going to play if all there hard work can be lost at the drop of a hat. Now they are taking the servers down to hopefull fix the problem, but how long will that take? No one really knows or can say for sure, but if the servers are down for a week or so while they fix the problem our HL's are useless for a week and we should be credited for there mistakes. This was ST's fault because it was there lack of testing on the patch that is causing the FSOD and corruption errors. Why then should we pay more for there mistakes? I for don't see how we should pay while the servers are down. If they are only down for a day or something thats really no big deal, I'm only speaking as if they are to be down for an extended period of time and not for a short period. What will everyone else do if there servers are down for an extended time? Complain and refuse to pay for that week or two or how everlong it takes them to get them running properly? Or do you think ST will just put it back to the old way where duping was possible just so people can play safely while they come up with another plan on how to fix the dupe bug?

DJ_Monkey
Jan 25, 2003, 10:02 PM
Let's put it this way: If ST can fix the dupe bug, character corruption, AND FSoD, then the week will definitely be worth it. Think about it. Those three things make the game crappy, and getting rid of those would make the game un-crappy. Besides, there's always Offline mode...

Muku6
Jan 25, 2003, 10:30 PM
The point Gun is making is if it takes extended period of time for time we cannot play, ST is making money on a service we cannot access. All Gun wants, as I am well with him/her on this, is that if we are unable to access the servers for an extended period, we should be given what we paid for, an extension of that same period of time before we are charged for our HL's again.

I believe everyone knows full and well you can play offline, it's the fact of money that comes to mind here. If I pay to be able to access a server for a game and they fail on their part due to their mistake(s), then I'm entitled to more time before I'm charged.

Eden
Jan 25, 2003, 10:32 PM
Jeez you people can't be pleased, they are probably fixing bugs for you! Unless if I'm wrong, then downtime should but won't be reimbursed...

abrader
Jan 25, 2003, 10:35 PM
In the agreement you have to "agree" to when getting your HL, it sayse that so and so will make commercially reasonable efforts to resolve outages....

The agreement you "agreed" to when buying the HL basically states SEGA will try to fix it, but they dont owe you shyt.

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 25, 2003, 10:36 PM
well...downtime is expected with online play. An occasional downtime is fine...you cant expect to get on all the time. There would be no fixes if it was up all the time. Be grateful for the limited downtime you get...you could be like EQ thats taken down atleast 4 times a month.

Muku6
Jan 25, 2003, 10:38 PM
That's 'cuz for the mostpart ST are cheapos. It's not our fault they have bugs. So quit standing up all high and mighty. I was for most part explaining what Gun was going for, since someone didn't obviously read (or couldn't).

Elixer
Jan 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
yea if st can fix all the bugs then its worth the wait

Sedyne
Jan 25, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-01-25 19:02, DJ_Monkey wrote:
Let's put it this way: If ST can fix the dupe bug, character corruption, AND FSoD, then the week will definitely be worth it. Think about it. Those three things make the game crappy, and getting rid of those would make the game un-crappy. Besides, there's always Offline mode...

That's your opinion. I wonder if more people would quit PSO because they could't dupe...ya know? Kinda a mind boggling thought...perhaps sonic team purposly leaves that pot hole there for the sole purpose of keeping people attracted that way

^_^ muahaha that was some BS stuff i just said huh

Soundboy
Jan 25, 2003, 11:16 PM
ok its not upgrades segas pso severs sega and dreamcast severs have been infected by the new worm virus that was released this morning and by this afternoon it had spread onto segas severs

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 12:01 AM
ST knew there were dupe bugs and many other problems with PSO. This is why the japanese gamers go the V1.1 disc. They knew all these problems were in the US release of the game including the PPPoE problem that forced me to go out and buy a router, just so I could play the game. My point is if you sell something that you know to have problems YOU should be held accountable NOT the consumer. If you went out and spent your hard earned money on a new car only to find out that the cylider heads had a fatal flaw in the design or the transmission had a flaw that cause it to break, you would expect to have your car fixed for free and if it was a wide spread problem you would expect a recall as well. If a car company sold a car with a major design flaw and did not tell anyone, have a recall or fix the problems on there product, they would have a major lawsuit on there hands. I understand that is more of a public safety issue then a bug in a game, but if you release something that you know to be incomplete or flawed the consumer should not pay his hard earned money two or three times or more, the make should have to foot the bill for his misake.

Ian D
Jan 26, 2003, 03:13 AM
On 2003-01-25 19:55, SeanX930 wrote:

That's your opinion. I wonder if more people would quit PSO because they could't dupe...ya know? Kinda a mind boggling thought...perhaps sonic team purposly leaves that pot hole there for the sole purpose of keeping people attracted that way

That's exactly what I was thinking today, it wouldn't surprise me at all since I'm guessing about a third of the people would leave without duping...

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jan 26, 2003, 09:58 AM
All that means is they shouldn't have been playing in the first place then "oh no we can't cheat, we gotsa acutally go out and get items like we're supposed to" if you don't like that fact you shoudln't play at all.., nuff said. (i relize that which was said earlier was a general statement..., and so is this..treat it that way)

Bloodberry
Jan 26, 2003, 11:41 AM
Hahaha, you think this is bad? Try EQ in it's first year of release. Massive bugs giving select players the chance to get massive levels, which they kept. And you paid for it. And complain all you want, Verant didn't care.

The simple fact is since all these bug fixes are being done for you, the consumer, they've got no reason to refund anything. They aren't fixing bugs for themselves. They're doing what they feel the majority of players want, and the majority of you want FSOD, duping, and corruption gone. As far as I'm concerned, the downtime patching is part of the service you're paying for.

As for ST being 'stupid, greedy people' welcome to the world of business. Nobody in business cares about you. They don't care how you felt when you wake up this morning, only that you used their product to fix it. But they'll lie to you if it means you'll give them more money. MMORPG companies are actually the exception to the rule in that they actually have to listen to what customers say to improve the game, so people stay, sooo.. anybody? They can get more money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-01-26 08:43 ]</font>

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 26, 2003, 12:09 PM
But if the consumer bought the product, knowing it is broken...who's the sucker at the end of the day?

anyways, technically, sega cant give you an extra day..or week. Or 2 weeks. Why? Because they charge on a monthly basis. For you to get extra time, someone would manually have to change everyone's information. And even that takes an unbelieve about of time and resources.

If you arent happy with the product now, the only thing I can recommend is freezing your HL after the monthly cycle ends and just waiting for new fixes.

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 05:38 PM
On 2003-01-26 09:09, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:

anyways, technically, sega cant give you an extra day..or week. Or 2 weeks. Why? Because they charge on a monthly basis. For you to get extra time, someone would manually have to change everyone's information. And even that takes an unbelieve about of time and resources.

Yes they can. You don't have to do it manuaelly the computer can be set to alter all accounts with a few clicks of a mouse. Verizon wireless can do it to one account or all there accounts, I've seen them do both before. If they have the abllity to change everyones billing cycles and or credit the accouts retroactivly so can sega. It's kind of irrelivent now anyways though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif