PDA

View Full Version : PSU Next expansion

strikershadow
Jun 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
I was just wondering when the next expansion will likely be available? im figuring the original PSO had 4 expansions, so does anyone have any idea?

im guessing aoi was released november of 2007, so would it be safe to assume this winter we will hear details??

i dont want hate mail, im just kinda curious what everyone "thinks"

:D

Magitek_X
Jun 20, 2008, 12:36 PM
Wait till a bit after the PSP version is released.

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
Last I heard, Sega has no plans for another PSU expansion. But you never know.

strikershadow
Jun 20, 2008, 12:48 PM
What none?? so this games gonna shut down in like a year... >.> PFFT lame

SpikeOtacon
Jun 20, 2008, 12:52 PM
What none?? so this games gonna shut down in like a year... >.> PFFT lame

Now you're just putting words in SEGA's mouth.

Ryna
Jun 20, 2008, 12:54 PM
No new expansions have been announced for the online series.

deadpool612
Jun 20, 2008, 12:58 PM
im sure if alot of people keep playing PSU they will come out with something sometime down the road

Seority
Jun 20, 2008, 12:58 PM
I think there will be even if there's nothing official yet.

strikershadow
Jun 20, 2008, 01:08 PM
I know new expanions were announced yet, i was wondering if anyone thought there would and when...

I mean seriously, what are they gonna do if you guys dont think theres any more expansions? raise the cap every 2 months by 10 and add in a new mission every 2 months too?

so lets stay on topic, when do people think the next ones coming if there is a next one, and also what do you guys think will be in it?

EspioKaos
Jun 20, 2008, 01:16 PM
The developers have already stated that Episode 3 is it for the current story arc, so if we end up with another expansion, it'll either be something like PSP where plot holes are filled in by wedging the story between past episodes, or it'll be a fresh start with a brand new storyline that may not involve (or at least revolve around) the SEED.

strikershadow
Jun 20, 2008, 01:19 PM
well aoi would be considered episode 2 right? so when does episode 3 come out? and the psp doesnt really count cause i dont think you will be able to play online with that >.>

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
Episode 3 consists of the current story missions being released online right now.

Kylie
Jun 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
I mean seriously, what are they gonna do if you guys dont think theres any more expansions? raise the cap every 2 months by 10 and add in a new mission every 2 months too?
They'll do that even if they announce a new expansion. ^^;

If they do announce a new expansion, sequel, or whatever; I think they'll do it after the last story missions.

EspioKaos
Jun 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
well aoi would be considered episode 2 right? so when does episode 3 come out? and the psp doesnt really count cause i dont think you will be able to play online with that >.>

Even though PSP is not online, that doesn't change the fact that it has a storyline which is part of our current story arc. ;)

deadpool612
Jun 20, 2008, 02:39 PM
if they come out with a new one im guessing late next year or later. until then just lots of updates.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 02:54 PM
yea there is still content in the original PSU, and u already want a second expansion? lol hold up just a bit lol

xjustsumloser
Jun 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
I am not too sure of another expansion making it to the market. I know sega said they wanted to keep PSU on a five year plan or something. But it was also recently stated that if they still saw a good population and market in PSU come december we will still get updates. I have a feeling sega will drop this game come this time next year and we will be stuck with the same content.

Arika
Jun 20, 2008, 09:00 PM
It will be expansion, and why not wait until PSP version released for a few months first?
Nobody in ST want to make another Expansion now to ruin the PSP version.

Indica
Jun 20, 2008, 09:48 PM
I hope they dont fuck up this game like Square did with Dragon Quest being exclusive to handhelds.

RemiusTA
Jun 20, 2008, 11:10 PM
Last I heard, Sega has no plans for another PSU expansion. But you never know.

No, they said the storyline started in PSUv1 would end in AotI. They never said anything about no more expansions, thats just retarded.

CelestialBlade
Jun 20, 2008, 11:23 PM
No, they said the storyline started in PSUv1 would end in AotI. They never said anything about no more expansions, thats just retarded.
No, someone asked one of the GMs during a live GM support event. I'm just reiterating what the GM said.

Arika
Jun 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
No, someone asked one of the GMs during a live GM support event. I'm just reiterating what the GM said.

uhm, don't believe GM unless it is really sound believable.
because it is also GMs that said about there is possible with new expansion and put lv limited up more than level 200.

Even FFXI doesn't released expansion every years.
The story is come to an end or not, it doesn't matter to MMORPG to end the content at all. in PSOv1 they actually ended the story already, but then they just add Ep2 from no clue. and after that they also add EPIV story from no clue again.
They can also alway rely on side story like what PSO did by adding quest and new item and new difficulty. (this is also what they did in PSP)

The PSP side story said to be exclusive. so we probably not getting that story, but it will surely be somethign else for next expansion. Because we don't have any data of all those 100 more new PSP stuff in AOI disk. It is too much retard if SEGA plan to not implement some of those 100 into main server at all. This game may not popular in US, but they do in JP server. So, ST won't throw this game away this fast.

Kadajenova
Jun 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
Sega wont work on any expansion before PSP version is released. And it can take years before we got this expansion, remember how many times we waited to get Pso Blue burst after EP2 was released.

CelestialBlade
Jun 21, 2008, 11:41 AM
Never said it was true, they may be working on something and just not telling us about it yet. But as of now, they haven't revealed any information on an expansion.