PDA

View Full Version : A few PSU questions

Muscular Beaver
Jun 20, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hello, I am somewhat new to PSU but I have a few questions. Perhaps you fine folks can answer them for me.

1. I heard something about vehicles in PSU. After doing some research, I found mentions of them in the original missions and some online 1UP cup, but I haven't seen any recent mentions of them, nor have I seen them at all during any missions. I should note I've only played AOTI, so my question now is, are the vehicles anywhere online/offline in AOTI, or were they removed?

2. I also notice my character seems to run rather slow compared to other characters. I often fall behind when I'm grouped with people. Is there anything that determines how fast you move? It seems like I move faster if I aim the camera toward the ground and remove any equipped weapons, so it might just be a problem of computer slowdown, but I felt I should ask.

3. I was looking through the clothing section of the site (PSO-World obviously) about a week or two ago and I saw an outfit I rather liked in the female section. I think it was Formal Wear or Guardian Outfit or something, I can't fully remember the name. Anyway, it said it wasn't currently available, so I felt that was that and went on with my business. But a few days ago I learned that The Clother mission is apparently coming soon, so I went to look up my outfit again, but it seems to have completely disappeared from the site. Is there some explanation for that?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Poubelle
Jun 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm also curious about vehicles. I've just started playing again recently... weren't they supposed to be included in some of the network mode missions?

If this helps at all, the only vehicle-related missions I've encountered were in the Story Mode, while I played as Ethan Waber. You could ride on a mutant-giraffe/dinosaur/lizard, on a hoverbike-ish-thing, and in a tank.

SabZero
Jun 20, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hello, I am somewhat new to PSU but I have a few questions. Perhaps you fine folks can answer them for me.

1. I heard something about vehicles in PSU. After doing some research, I found mentions of them in the original missions and some online 1UP cup, but I haven't seen any recent mentions of them, nor have I seen them at all during any missions. I should note I've only played AOTI, so my question now is, are the vehicles anywhere online/offline in AOTI, or were they removed?

In Episode 1 (offline only), you got to ride a creature and drive a tank in two somewhat short missions.

Otherwise, we got to ride a floader during 1up cup in one block.

The next or so event (dengeki carneval, someone is going to correct me), there's a block or mission where players can race on airboards. The good thing about this one is that it will stick around after the event!

Otherwise you're limited to your legs.

2. I also notice my character seems to run rather slow compared to other characters. I often fall behind when I'm grouped with people. Is there anything that determines how fast you move? It seems like I move faster if I aim the camera toward the ground and remove any equipped weapons, so it might just be a problem of computer slowdown, but I felt I should ask.

Yes, this is slowdown due to your computer not being up to the "requirements". No worries, experiment with the graphical settings.

3. I was looking through the clothing section of the site (PSO-World obviously) about a week or two ago and I saw an outfit I rather liked in the female section. I think it was Formal Wear or Guardian Outfit or something, I can't fully remember the name. Anyway, it said it wasn't currently available, so I felt that was that and went on with my business. But a few days ago I learned that The Clother mission is apparently coming soon, so I went to look up my outfit again, but it seems to have completely disappeared from the site. Is there some explanation for that?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hm, I can't speak for the PSOW staff that might have moved/removed it. Was it the military looking outfit? If you look up the mission on PSUPedia, it has the possible exchange items there...

Muscular Beaver
Jun 20, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm also curious about vehicles. I've just started playing again recently... weren't they supposed to be included in some of the network mode missions?

If this helps at all, the only vehicle-related missions I've encountered were in the Story Mode, while I played as Ethan Waber. You could ride on a mutant-giraffe/dinosaur/lizard, on a hoverbike-ish-thing, and in a tank.

Yeah, I heard about those, and it looked like they mentioned them being available online on the original PSU somewhere, but I haven't seen anything recently. The only thing I could find was that the Hoverbike was in the 1UP Cup event, but that's obviously gone now.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 03:24 PM
Was it Gaurdians Formal your looking for? if so it isnt in the clothier, yet on JP servers.

your frame rate may be slowing you down, lower it to move faster i think.

Floaders, a water vehicle, was in 1 1up cup mission. in the event we get after our second comming of MAG we get airboard races. after thats over they'll eventually bring it back in the 5th floor as they are with some event missions.

they may also bring back the 1up cup missions in the future for the floader races again, maybe not.

as for any other vehicles, they are on offline episode 1 of PSU not AotI

Muscular Beaver
Jun 20, 2008, 03:28 PM
Ah, yes, it was the Guardians Formal I believe. Well, ok, I guess I can just wait around to see if it ever pops up on our servers.

Well, thanks for the help on the other stuff as well, then.

pikachief
Jun 20, 2008, 03:30 PM
The JP are getting an event where Laia is finally wearing it so maybe around the time of that event we should be getting it. its personally one of my favorite clothes sets :P