PDA

View Full Version : AotI What PA's Did You Waste Time On?

NDW
Jun 21, 2008, 01:43 AM
As soon as I knew about Fighmaster and its weapon selection, I laughed because of all of the photon arts I wasted leveling when I could have leveled the ones that matter for Fighmaster. I had all the photon arts for every S rank weapon for Fortefighter, leveled up pretty good too (all of these were leveled before PA rebalance just in case if someone asks). The wasted PA's I had were:

Knuckles:
LV 21 Bogga Danga
LV 23 Bogga Zubba
LV 25 Bogga Robado
LV 21 Ikk Hikk

Twin Saber:
LV 26 Rising Crush
LV 26 Assault Crush
LV 30 Splendor Crush
LV 34 Cross Hurricane

Twin Claw:
LV 21 Bukuu Rensan-ga
LV 36 Renzan Seidan-ga
LV 25 Rensan Senshou-ga
LV 22 Chuei Jitotsushin

Saber:
LV 31 Rising Strike
LV 30 Gravity Strike
LV 25 Spinning Strike

Claw:
LV 27 Shousen Totsuzen-ga
LV 16 Senten Kanzan-ga
LV 11 Bukuu Saien-zan

So I was wondering how many of your PA's that you leveled will you never use again because of the master classes? You may list the photon arts with their levels.

Para
Jun 21, 2008, 01:44 AM
Rifle: Mayalee Shot :D

goldbrease
Jun 21, 2008, 02:06 AM
if i ever go into master class as the weapon limit is insanely stupid. the armor and units i can see being S only and only S weapons. but limiting them to a handful of weapons when if they are a fighter master then every melle weapon should be available, for a gun master every gun should be available.
the force master... um... well they get there 3 tech weapons... so there n to actualy that bad other then they can use guns or sabers as backups.

most of my pas do not matter for fm

Ri0T
Jun 21, 2008, 02:11 AM
Eh, I don't really think of it as a waste. I will eventually go back to FF after FighMaster is maxed out, because I like the other weapons too much.

Ken_Silver
Jun 21, 2008, 02:18 AM
Pick the class that you like best. Don't let the "uber" stats blind you. If you put all of that time into leveling up those PA's then you should use them.

My main is a WT and i'm not budging from that spot. I just created another character to be a FM...

Which reminds me. Why not just pass those PA's to one of your alts? They'll make good use of them. And since you'll have one FM, your alt can be a FF.

Looks like a win-win situation to me.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 21, 2008, 02:20 AM
Buten Shuren-zan. It's just so cool looking. XD

Tetsaru
Jun 21, 2008, 02:22 AM
All of the ultimate gun PA's, save for Killer Shot and Boma Duranga, seem quite obsolete and useless to me now... ;_;

As far as melee PA's go, I never can decide which class I like best, so it's not much of a loss for me, lol. If only I could choose which S ranks to be able to wield...

NDW
Jun 21, 2008, 02:26 AM
Pick the class that you like best. Don't let the "uber" stats blind you. If you put all of that time into leveling up those PA's then you should use them.

My main is a WT and i'm not budging from that spot. I just created another character to be a FM...

Which reminds me. Why not just pass those PA's to one of your alts? They'll make good use of them. And since you'll have one FM, your alt can be a FF.

Looks like a win-win situation to me.

Fighmaster fits me perfectly; nothing but melee with LV 50 photon arts, speed boost, and Freeze Trap G's.

It's okay that I wasted all that time on those PA's, they were fun while it lasted.

I would give them to another character, but I only use one character. The other character slots I just use for synthesizing PM's.

Ri0T
Jun 21, 2008, 02:33 AM
Oh right. I forgot to do teh epeen flex. :3

Twin Saber
Assault Crush LV25
Cross Hurricane LV28
Rising Crush LV20

Twin Dagger
Moubu Seiren-zan LV12
Renga Chuujin-shou LV23
Renkai Buyou-zan LV30

Twin Claw
Bukuu Rensen-ga LV14
Renzan Seidan-ga LV27
Rensan Senshou-ga LV18

Claw
Bukuu Saien-zan LV28
Shousen Totsuzan-ga LV27

Slicer
Chikki Kyoren-jin LV30

Knuckles
Bogga Danga LV25
Bogga Zubba LV20

Saber
Gravity Strike LV23

Dagger
Buten Shuren-zan LV24

Sword
Tornado Break LV30

The Sword PA was listed because I wasted time on it in a different way... i leveled it on a different character before Photon Art exchange was implemented. My other Tornado Break is LV40. :3

[/epeen]

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 02:43 AM
well i didn't waste any PA's i leveled all the skills and bullets and techs i needed to for the classes i use. master classes look terrible to me. can't even solo some missions as masterforce or fighmaster because of the lack of a ranged weapon. and fighmasters lack of weapons is just blah. i dont think sega really understands what the term "master" implies honestly. masterforce is also another annoyance. i really can't stand that i capped all my support techs and they're only giving "master"force level 10 support? lol what a waste, i'm sticking with fortetecher.

Ri0T
Jun 21, 2008, 02:45 AM
I'm glad they limited them like they did... so now the old Guardian Types are still very viable and worthwhile, and Master classes are powerful in their own way.

Ryno
Jun 21, 2008, 02:46 AM
I say none of it is a waste of time. I'd rather level all Technic spells to 40 to show it off... =D

Edgecrusher
Jun 21, 2008, 03:14 AM
Elemental grenade bullets mostly, why bother when there is boma duranga.

A2K
Jun 21, 2008, 07:01 AM
It's okay that I wasted all that time on those PA's, they were fun while it lasted..

Personally, I wouldn't call that a waste at all.

Noblewine
Jun 21, 2008, 02:56 PM
I favor the PA's that can handle mobs, they are really fun to use in certain missions. I spend alot of time leveling those and others to see the progress I have made.

Indica
Jun 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'm upset with the Master Fighter class and not sure if I will bother. I had deleted my Double Saber PA's and hate that weapon in missions when I'm playing as Force.

I've been a big fan of the single Saber since I first started this game and not going to have a Master Class prevent me from using it.

pikachief
Jun 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
my 2 grenades and my mechguns. i spent all the time leveling to 30 before the glitch! HAH! lol jk just the grenades im proud of myself to level them up without the silly glitch :P

The ult. grenade is just so much stronger :D

None others were a waste because i play all classes and im sure after master classes come out, i'll eventually want to use my old weapons and switch back again :D

AlphaDragoon
Jun 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
well i didn't waste any PA's i leveled all the skills and bullets and techs i needed to for the classes i use. master classes look terrible to me. can't even solo some missions as masterforce or fighmaster because of the lack of a ranged weapon. and fighmasters lack of weapons is just blah. i dont think sega really understands what the term "master" implies honestly. masterforce is also another annoyance. i really can't stand that i capped all my support techs and they're only giving "master"force level 10 support? lol what a waste, i'm sticking with fortetecher.

They needed to do this. Otherwise the entire game would consist of everyone running around as Master Classes with practically zero variety.

Danny_Dark
Jun 21, 2008, 03:25 PM
Well i didn't waste any PA's i leveled, all the skills and bullets and techs
i needed to for the classes i use.

mvffin
Jun 21, 2008, 04:02 PM
After finally getting zagenga to 21, I can safely say that I really don't need the other xbow PA's. = (

Mman2000
Jun 21, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm not going to bother with the master classes. I don't need to worry about leveling another type to 10 just to lose access to most of the weapons I've synthed and PAs I've leveled. Fuck that, FF is fine for me.

Zorafim
Jun 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
Which PAs did I waste my time leveling? None. I'm quite content with what I've been doing.

By the way, Hi Nate. Is this your fourth account already?

Kylie
Jun 21, 2008, 04:29 PM
There aren't any skills I wasted my time with leveling for a reason like the leveling boost or master classes, but there are a few I wish I had never started leveling because I know I'll make myself cap them.

Bogga Zubba (I don't care for one-hitters)
Gravity Dance
Anga Jabroga (nope, don't care for it)
Renkai Buyou-zan
Chuei Jitotsushin (I'd actually rather use bukuu)
Shunbu Shouren-zan
Shousen Totsuzan-ga

NDW
Jun 21, 2008, 05:28 PM
Which PAs did I waste my time leveling? None. I'm quite content with what I've been doing.

By the way, Hi Nate. Is this your fourth account already?

This is my second account. My first account was known as "NNEONateDogg", but I got rid of it.

Dragwind
Jun 21, 2008, 05:42 PM
Going back on topic>

I leveled all melee PA's to 31 except for Jabroga, Chuei, and all doublesaber PA's. I'll do the rest eventually.

Next I'm working on bullets and techs to 31. I'll be busy for quite a while.

APEXi
Jun 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
twin mayalee 31 was an absolute waste of time. (before pa re-balance) i thought maybe, just maybe, they'd give back its lv3 zalure but noooooo...

Weeaboolits
Jun 21, 2008, 05:58 PM
Penetrating Hit, and Phantasm Prism.

bLOODSAW
Jun 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
Gravity dance (31). Had i tried spiral dance first, i would have most likely never bothered with this pa.

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 21, 2008, 09:24 PM
They aren't really a waste because you can remove them from your character and use them on another, or sell those high level discs.

Yunfa
Jun 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
Absolute Dance + Igg Hic, altho i lvled Absolute Dance to 25, when I reached Igg Hic to 5 i stopped. Even with the PA boost, the speed of the photon arts themselves are just way tooo slow for me. :(

RegulusHikari
Jun 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
twin mayalee 31 was an absolute waste of time. (before pa re-balance) i thought maybe, just maybe, they'd give back its lv3 zalure but noooooo...

Yeah, Twin Mayalee and Mayalee Fury are both a joke now, but Twin Penetration is surprisingly useful.

I actually got Chousei-sou to 14ish a long time ago (LL S2 days). Boy, was that a mistake. :dead:

Aorre
Jun 21, 2008, 10:13 PM
Twin Penetration (seriously, don't buy this).

mvffin
Jun 21, 2008, 10:48 PM
I actually love my Twin Pen and Twin Mayalee. = \

Poncho_Jr
Jun 21, 2008, 11:33 PM
Before PA Rebalance....
Level 30
Reisei-Shiki
Raisei-Shiki
Yousei-Shiki
"Ground"-Shiki

Now two of them are on 40. Even though Masterforce can't use bullets. I'd rather walk around with some 40's on the pallete.

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 12:42 AM
after what i just wrote about in poncho's thread i'd have to kinda restate my oppinion on this lol. i do kinda feel like i've wasted quite a bit of time leveling some of the stuff i have on fT IF i decide to switch to masterforce and stay on it. all my support techs and bow bullets/kikami bullets.... does seem like such a waste of time but then i have to try and remind myself that i'll most likely stick with fT since MF just doesn't appeal to me anymore after what i keep finding out about it lol.

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2008, 01:27 AM
Absolute Dance + Igg Hic, altho i lvled Absolute Dance to 25, when I reached Igg Hic to 5 i stopped. Even with the PA boost, the speed of the photon arts themselves are just way tooo slow for me. :(For ikk hik, reroll AF, it becomes awesome.

MSAksion
Jun 23, 2008, 02:15 PM
Melee; Gravity Dance - UGH.
Spiral and Absolute make this Gravity Dance completely useless. Doublesabers already multi-hit and a pa that does more multi-hits is not needed.

Bullet; Maylee Fury - UGH.
Stunlock with M-gun but now all guns flinch and or there are no serious monster threats anymore. Plus the PP drain on this is Insanity.

Techic; DamDiga.
Completely useless Spell. Poison lvl 4? And its a Spray type spell that does not even flinch. And NosDiga does more Earth damage in total from safety and does Stun lvl 2. so Damdiga is a waste.

Inazuma
Jun 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
i leveled two full sets of long bow/card bullets to 30, then MF came out making em worthless. hell, i didnt even really use em much as FT.

Inazuma
Jun 23, 2008, 03:00 PM
Techic; DamDiga.
Completely useless Spell. Poison lvl 4? And its a Spray type spell that does not even flinch. And NosDiga does more Earth damage in total from safety and does Stun lvl 2. so Damdiga is a waste.

damudeega is the very best tech to use vs a group of lightning enemies, as long as they are close together and you can pin em down decently. its far from useless >_>

btw, every attack flinches.

haruna
Jun 23, 2008, 03:00 PM
Bogga Danga, Splendor Crush, Anga Redda, Spinning Break and Absolute Dance all felt like total wastes of time to me, especially Absolute.

A lot of the new AotI PAs just...don't do it for me. They're more powerful but they are a lot slower, ungainly to aim, easier to interrupt since the animations are not just slower but longer too. Absolute Dance is just TERRIBLE for that.

I haven't given up on Ikk Hikk, I threw that PA on my Acrofighter.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
Melee; Gravity Dance - UGH.

Techic; DamDiga.

Damdiga is a good tech, equip it on a P wand with a Orpa / Force and it will dominate the Bots at Desert Goliath.

As for me, Maylee Shot is a waste. If Sega ever gives it a multi-hit property like Maylee Hit, then I'll consider it being worth it.

Kion
Jun 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
all of them. i'm quiting PSU and all of the time taken to level skills seems pretty wasted now.
mechs, crossbows, twinhandgun, bows all 31+
alot of melee 20-30 range
techs, most of them 10-19 range, some 25+

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 02:23 AM
Im sticking with Fortetecher with my force However I may check out Fighmaster for a while but I dont like the weapon setups enough to stick with them so I will most likely go back to my Forte Classes afterward