PDA

View Full Version : AotI Which of these Frag PA's levels faster: Mayalee Prism or Phantasm Prism?

JC10001
Jun 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
I've got all of my other bullets to 40 and now I'm looking to level an ultimate for the laser cannons. I'm wondering which one is easier to level.

Golto
Jun 21, 2008, 09:25 AM
I voted for Phantasm Prism because it has longer range and doesn't knock monsters around.

Leah
Jun 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
tell me you're not exclusively using neutrals for your guns.

elemental lasers get to 45% at 31+. there's no use for the frag ones.

JC10001
Jun 21, 2008, 09:43 AM
tell me you're not exclusively using neutrals for your guns.

elemental lasers get to 45% at 31+. there's no use for the frag ones.

Well, if you read the original post you would see that I have all of my bullets at 40, this includes all of the elements for laser cannons. This is just something extra for me to level.

biggabertha
Jun 21, 2008, 09:47 AM
I recently got Mayalee Prism to Lv. 40 in just two weeks of casual use. I used it for a couple of hours everyday before going to work and got it to Lv. 40.

By comparing what I did with Phantasm Prism, Mayalee Prism levels faster than Phantasm Prism. It seems as if Phantasm Prism has a different kind of flinch compared to the elemental Prisms - it's a little stronger but that might be other factors such as me being on a PS2.

By doing Rescuing Hyuga Part 1 for two minutes, I could get between 5-15% EXP for two minutes of shooting. This is on a Protranser so I paid the full cost for the Prism at a much lower accuracy.

I only killed the first two groups of enemies because they are the easiest ones to kill and I found out that they were the best EXP for the amount of effort to put in.

When I started leveling Mayalee Prism with Rescuing Hyuga, it was Lv. 19 and each of my short runs took on average two minutes and twelve seconds to complete and it gained about 15% for each run.

By the time Mayalee Prism was Lv. 39.97, I was doing the same runs in fifty eight seconds but was only gaining 3-4% EXP a run so there's quite a lot of patience involved. If you've leveled many bullets to Lv. 40 as you say you have, this should be of no consequence to you, whatsoever.

JC10001
Jun 21, 2008, 10:04 AM
I recently got Mayalee Prism to Lv. 40 in just two weeks of casual use. I used it for a couple of hours everyday before going to work and got it to Lv. 40.

By comparing what I did with Phantasm Prism, Mayalee Prism levels faster than Phantasm Prism. It seems as if Phantasm Prism has a different kind of flinch compared to the elemental Prisms - it's a little stronger but that might be other factors such as me being on a PS2.

By doing Rescuing Hyuga Part 1 for two minutes, I could get between 5-15% EXP for two minutes of shooting. This is on a Protranser so I paid the full cost for the Prism at a much lower accuracy.

I only killed the first two groups of enemies because they are the easiest ones to kill and I found out that they were the best EXP for the amount of effort to put in.

When I started leveling Mayalee Prism with Rescuing Hyuga, it was Lv. 19 and each of my short runs took on average two minutes and twelve seconds to complete and it gained about 15% for each run.

By the time Mayalee Prism was Lv. 39.97, I was doing the same runs in fifty eight seconds but was only gaining 3-4% EXP a run so there's quite a lot of patience involved. If you've leveled many bullets to Lv. 40 as you say you have, this should be of no consequence to you, whatsoever.

Thanks. This was a very informative post. I appreciate you taking the time. I've been trying to get all of the elements and 1 ultimate for each gun (rifle, shotgun, twin pistols, crossbows, laser cannons). This has taken a long time and I'm finally at the end so I'd like to finish as quickly as possible and get back to running regular missions instead of PA leveling runs. Your post will go along way towards me reaching a decision. Matter of fact, you may have already convinced me.

Leah
Jun 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
Well, if you read the original post you would see that I have all of my bullets at 40, this includes all of the elements for laser cannons. This is just something extra for me to level.

your op can be read more than one way. good luck.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 21, 2008, 11:37 AM
I've got all of my other bullets to 40 and now I'm looking to level a VIIF PA for the laser cannons. I'm wondering which one is easier to level.

Whichever isn't the knockback one, knockback is so annoying on a bullet...

Vickie
Jun 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
I'd vote but It won't let me do it from a sidekick, I'd have to say mayalee though if you run sleeping warriors s2 and just kill the first few groups of small enemies and use freeze traps its waaaaay faster since u can pin them in a corner and keep hitting them all whereas with phantasm they will keep moving, besides laser knockback is way too unique not to get, just get both tho.. I did

biggabertha
Jun 21, 2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks. This was a very informative post. I appreciate you taking the time. I've been trying to get all of the elements and 1 ultimate for each gun (rifle, shotgun, twin pistols, crossbows, laser cannons). This has taken a long time and I'm finally at the end so I'd like to finish as quickly as possible and get back to running regular missions instead of PA leveling runs. Your post will go along way towards me reaching a decision. Matter of fact, you may have already convinced me.

No problem. I'm glad that I could help someone out with my findings but don't disregard Phantasm Prism so easily - there are still some uses for it such as it having the highest Accuracy modifier of all the Prisms.

It's also fantastic against neutral enemies but... we've yet to have any mission that has a vast amount of neutral enemies that stay clustered together for a Laser Cannon to be fully effective but in that situation, Phantasm Prism would be exceptional.

I've taken a look at the flinch that Phantasm Prism does in comparison to elemental prisms in more detail and it's ever so subtle. With both prisms at Lv. 31+, Phantasm Prism has a slightly stronger flinch than elemental prisms. What I mean is, this non-element prism pushes enemies back just a tad further than normal.

From Lv. 1 though, you should be able to notice a significant difference between them. This sounds so small and petty but I assure you, after doing several Rescuing Hyuga Part 1 over and over, it's clear that Phantasm Prism knocks enemies out of alignment and drops my run time quite significantly compared to the elemental Prisms.

Mayalee Prism is a better choice I think for practical applications - even if it's situational. Again, depending on your approach to leveling, Mayalee Prism will level much faster if you can easily pin enemies down whilst Phantasm Prism can sort of keep a group aligned until it splits a group in two.