PDA

View Full Version : help i have FOI

HadesAlmighty
Jun 21, 2008, 02:01 PM
quick question..would i be better off going solo and getting the boss boxes to myself, possibly a red / force which i want, or should i bother getting a group together and have chance at nothing?

Coxy
Jun 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
you can only do certain parts of the level if you have a group of 4, it's your call

McLaughlin
Jun 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
If you aren't worried about getting the extra S Ranks from the switch boxes, do it yourself.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
yea ask yourself do you want the other S ranks or not

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 02:07 PM
up to you. you'll have a chance at getting pre-made junk from the 4 person switches or a guarantee of getting the end junk that pops out of the boxes. either way. you'll most likely get junk lol.

HadesAlmighty
Jun 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
well the regular s ranks are usually garbage anyway am i right? i know the mugunruks are nice and i need those too, but what i see the percentages on the drop ones have them at 200k

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 21, 2008, 02:15 PM
so i bid you good luck in gettin a red force then

Zwick_
Jun 21, 2008, 02:19 PM
Also the rappys can drop a very nice cati / skill if you open that up, just got one the other day =)

goldbrease
Jun 21, 2008, 02:29 PM
if i was 2 levels higher i would volecteer and if red force droped you would be welcome to it since i don't play a force type lol. but i'm not high enought o go on the s rank yet lol.

HadesAlmighty
Jun 21, 2008, 02:45 PM
ok solo it is thanks for all the input

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 02:50 PM
in all the times i've done FoI i never got a red / force. and imo i'd rather use a red / force on my AF than my fT. i have har / quick and nothing can replace that for me yet lol. red / force would help alot on my AF though for RCSM's

HadesAlmighty
Jun 21, 2008, 02:55 PM
im actually thinking ahead to masterforce...faster casting no need for har quick

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
hmm just imagine a har / quick on a master force though @.@ 5x foie in 1 second lol. that would be nice. but yeah i'm not really looking forward to masterforce so i'd still keep the red / force for my AF lol.

chaostroop3
Jun 21, 2008, 03:37 PM
you can get the benifet from both........ ever used the boot button?

think about it

jk

mvffin
Jun 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
The only items that are really worth running FOI for are the end boxes. Made S ranks are always low %, Shato is worth 200k tops (360), and Rappy's only drop 1-2 cati saves per run.

Al-senba with good % is worth it, Al Tippies never run out of PP, and Red/Force you can sell for like 25 mil.

If I get Foi by myself, I'd definitely SOLO.

In a group though, I wouldn't kick anybody or leave the party, because I'm not THAT selfish. = )

Ruru
Jun 21, 2008, 04:03 PM
i did FoI since they gave rappies the cati / skill and they didn't drop a single one on that run lol. me and my friends luck must be horrible if you get at least 1 a run. i was quite happy that they finally started making made armor with % yet i still haven't got a single decent % made al senba to drop there.

Zwick_
Jun 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
and Rappy's only drop 1-2 cati saves per run.

Why would you need more than 1 cati skill saves (besides selling)? lol
In my book, a cati skill save is extremely useful and the ease of getting it is definitely worth it

mvffin
Jun 21, 2008, 10:55 PM
If, IF, IFFFFF one cati/skill drops, you have a 25% chance of getting it. You also have a 25% chance of getting EVERYTHING ELSE. (Unless you're a jerk that boots ppl)

I'd rather just get the other stuff for sure, than to have 3 other people get all the stuff. Unless they were cool people that I knew(I still owe a few people FOI runs). I'm not gonna invite randoms for FOI anymore.

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 12:03 AM
i only run with the same 2 people so i dont have any problems with "sticky finger" types. i dont think i'll ever invite random people to a party again after some of the stuff that happened during MAG though lol...

Poncho_Jr
Jun 22, 2008, 12:05 AM
You're not gonna have much of a chance by yourself. Just do what most people do. Set Random, get your group. No more than four.

Zorafim
Jun 22, 2008, 12:16 AM
The speed boost that MasterForce gets is different than the boost a Har provides. A MasterForce actually benefits more from a Har than a Fortetecher does.
Regardless, I suggest going with friends. If you get something he wants, or vice versa, you can easily trade. Red Force is very rare (I've been to forest alot and never seen it), and a cati save isn't by any means common, so you probably aren't going to get much more than the "useless" 10*s anyway.

Poncho_Jr
Jun 22, 2008, 12:27 AM
im actually thinking ahead to masterforce...faster casting no need for har quick

You do know that a Masterforce Har / Quickless isn't really an equivalent to a Fortetecher with Har / Quick.
If you look carefully at the comparison video. Masterforce Quickless is only slightly faster than a Fortetecher Quickless.