PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting, I have a few questions..

phrederick
Jun 22, 2008, 04:41 PM
Let me preface by saying I'm spent hundred upon hundreds of hours playing PSO, on xbox and gc, with characters ranging from 120-170. but anyways..

I downloaded the demo months ago and it just seemed different. Ive always been a huge fan of the simplistic depth of PSO and wanted to jump back in, only I have a few questions. Bows are my favorite weapons, but i remember only force characters could use them. has this since been changed? my favorite char was my RAcast and i always wanted to use a bow, but I'm not sure if its possible now. Whats the level cap? is it still 200? How is cheating? dupes, hacks, etc.. I would imagine they are few and far between but I just want to make sure.

Also, is it hard to re-adjust to the new system? all the different areas on the ship? in the demo i got lost really easily, i guess it would just take some time getting used to. I played WoW for the past 3 years but i'm finally giving it up, would PSU be a good game to take its place? thanks beforehand for all the help, I just figured id do some background research before i jumped back into a huge game that would most likely take over my life :p

thanks again

Zarode
Jun 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
I downloaded the demo months ago and it just seemed different. Ive always been a huge fan of the simplistic depth of PSO and wanted to jump back in, only I have a few questions.

Mmk.

Bows are my favorite weapons, but i remember only force characters could use them. has this since been changed?

Guntecher can use it, so can Wartecher. Notice the trend though? Plus, bows were not in PSO, so I guess you like bows in other games...

my favorite char was my RAcast and i always wanted to use a bow, but I'm not sure if its possible now.

It is, with Guntecher...

Whats the level cap? is it still 200?

It's 130 right now, going to 140 soon. It's going to 200 at this rate though.

How is cheating? dupes, hacks, etc.. I would imagine they are few and far between but I just want to make sure.

Hardly here anymore. 360 had it's own little cheating problem, against what most say, but Sega got to it, but it has done it's harm, but you won't notice it till you get towards end game.

Also, is it hard to re-adjust to the new system?

No, not really. I go back and forth real easily between PSO and PSU.

all the different areas on the ship?

Three planets and the Colony, then they branch out like that.

in the demo i got lost really easily, i guess it would just take some time getting used to.

Demo is really limited, so I could understand. Just ask around if you have problems.

I played WoW for the past 3 years but i'm finally giving it up, would PSU be a good game to take its place?

Right now? Depends how well you take it. I dropped WoW for this game though.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 22, 2008, 04:52 PM
psu u is good in its own special way there no more dupes atm save for the S10 s a while back and so far the ps2/pc is the only1 ive heard of being hacked

Protranser can also use Bows btw

chaoskila
Jun 22, 2008, 04:53 PM
umm you can be a cast guntecher that uses bows.
lets see cap atm is 130 gonna get bigger to 999999999999999999999 [lol jk]
cheating on the xbox is almost 0 but its still there aparently
nvr played wow so i dont no how it would compare to psu.

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 04:54 PM
well PSU is alot different than PSO but does have quite a few PSO references. the demo is nothing like the game now.

bows can be used by a few jobs now. protransers forces of course guntechers, can all use bows. they're still limited to a select few jobs though. level cap as of now is 130. no news on when it will go up again. cheating has subsided, you still get a few cases of idiots hacking etc. but not much to worry about. quite a few months ago it was a big issue and that's been taken care of for the most part.

it's not TOO hard to get used to this game for the most part. only takes days maybe weeks if you're not really playing much. this game itself has had its problems but all in all it's a good waste of time if you have nothing to do but play around online lol.

all of my info is from PC/PS2 btw. not sure which system you'll be joining us on. but welcome if you decide to join.

phrederick
Jun 22, 2008, 05:42 PM
thanks again for all the help, I'd be playing on 360 and i may get the game in the next week or so. Also, theres a job system now? Im assuming its like specialty training, or what you use most you level up? Is there a guide on this somewhere? I'll look around..

I also remember there being MAGs, how have these been changed for PSU? i suppose i should look around the site for a bit to find out what i want to know. I havent heard anything about it so im guessing they took it out, but i remember there were mats(POW, LUCK, DEF, etc) in pso to help max your character, anything of that sort?

as for the no bows in PSO, im aware :p Thats actually the main reason i didnt get psu, i had always wanted them to add in bows and when I heard they finally did, I was so upset that it was restricted to force characters.

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 05:56 PM
well the job system on this is kinda like PSO only not. you start out as force ranger or hunter depending on your race. newmans always start out force casts always rangers and beast/humans always hunter.
you level your job along side your character. the mission you're doing the rank of the mission and the rank you get after clearing the mission all determine the amount of mission points you get to level your job. your job levels on mission points.

to change a job you have to go to Clyez city 5th floor gaurdians HQ. behind the counter is a girl that will change your job for you. you'll see the requirements to change jobs in your menu. it also costs a certain amount of meseta to change jobs depending on your level.

Mags are in the game but not like in PSO. they're just weapons pretty much now. you can find/buy/make etc. there are two types. tech and range. TCSM RCSM. Tech mags are just another weapon you can cast from like a wand etc. they float over your left should as do range mags. range mags have an element that will do a status effect depending on the element.

there are no stat boosters enhancers in this game your level/race/job/job level all play a part in your stats. so if the person next to you has the same job race level etc as you. they'll have the same exact base stats. only difference would be armor/units weapons.

hope this helps