PDA

View Full Version : PSU CAST with an extra non-SUV unit ?

Kadajenova
Jun 22, 2008, 06:37 PM
Since MAG ended, i often see some CAST with aura field. I wonder if more CAST will sacrifie their SUV for whitill wings (high end + HP/restore LV5) or dark wings (PP restoration + high end). I wonder if CAST anythingmaster, due to high PP consumption, will prefer dark wing than paradi. What do you think of this?

pikachief
Jun 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
just the white wings for me and only in partys which i mostly solo so lol but yea i love the way those whittil wings look!

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
i've actually seen that quite a bit too. but not sure why any cast would use aura field over paradi unless its just for looks. paradi has more endurance than aura field.

as for whitill wings i'll use those on my fT, dark wings most likely i'd use for my beast fF. but my cast AF is sticking with paradi.

does anyone know when whitill wings will be coming out?

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2008, 06:43 PM
Most likely the day after Duke Nukem Forever comes out and Hell freezes over.

Kadajenova
Jun 22, 2008, 06:48 PM
lol duke nukem forever XD , any date for that game? XD

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 06:49 PM

ahh sounds like a plan

ashley50
Jun 22, 2008, 07:02 PM
Screw Aura Units...
crappy auras for an SUV?! Those CASTs you've seen must be Stupid.

pikachief
Jun 22, 2008, 07:07 PM
Screw Aura Units...

majority of the players enjoy looking 'cool' than actually helping their fellow players in missions. True Story. There's an old thread about it if u can find it it was like 80% votes for looking cool tahn having good equipment

Orin654
Jun 22, 2008, 07:07 PM
I kicked casts during the One Up event that came into the game with a non-SUV extra unit. In normal games I dont care.

ashley50
Jun 22, 2008, 07:09 PM
yeah...to look stupid.

i won't mind if they were the fleshie types using the aura, but on a CAST?!
It's just retarded.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 22, 2008, 07:31 PM
yeah...to look stupid.

It's just retarded.

hell yeah i agree 100% if you feel the urge to use an aura go fleshie

Ahkaskar
Jun 22, 2008, 07:43 PM
I found that, during MAG, sometimes a SUV was basically a waste of effort. It mainly depended on how quickly you could get the charge and how fast the enemies were annihilated in the first place. If you were running MAG C, for instance, it was more or less pointless.

Bear in mind, I still had one equipped. I just used Ascension Gift instead. :p

Zael
Jun 22, 2008, 08:01 PM
Screw Aura Units...
agree. I'll kick casts who purposely nerf themselves.

Ken_Silver
Jun 22, 2008, 09:51 PM
yeah...to look stupid.

It's just retarded.

Really?

*looks at your sig*

Aaaahhh. That explains it. XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
majority of the players enjoy looking 'cool' than actually helping their fellow players in missions. True Story. There's an old thread about it if u can find it it was like 80% votes for looking cool tahn having good equipment

Well, a CAST FF not using an SUV would be similar to a Human FF, but with better stats, so it's not like you'll be useless.

darkante
Jun 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
I probably start to use an Aura on my Casts if i got a hold on a really cool one.
But since that hasnīt happened yet, i stick with my cookie rain.=)
All hail to the cookie monster! D:

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 11:07 PM
i really can't understand seeing a cast not wearing an SUV. it's more than pointless to even be a cast if you're not gonna use your SUV. i'm not saying casts are only good for SUVs but its such an integral part of what casts are.

i have two mains Newman force and CAST AF. you'll never see my cast using an aura unit during a run or any other extra slot unit that DOESN'T have an SUV attached to it lol.

but i have seen more than a few post 20 casts that have been sticking other junk in their extra slot that doesn't belong there.

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 22, 2008, 11:18 PM
I love my Black Heart unit, they don't call me the Black Hound for nothing, but I use it when a mission is easy or special occasions, for serious S/S2 rank missions I always equip my trusty SUVs.

Para
Jun 22, 2008, 11:18 PM
As I recall... you don't have to have a SUV unit equipped to charge your SUV meter. However you can equip one when its charged to use the SUV meter when its maxed.

goldbrease
Jun 22, 2008, 11:20 PM
ive seen a few casts that don't have an armor with an extra slot.. and not speaking of hot off the press ones iether.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
As I recall... you don't have to have a SUV unit equipped to charge your SUV meter. However you can equip one when its charged to use the SUV meter when its maxed.

Wrong. You need an SUV equipped to gain SUV charge or to fire it.

The only time I'm not using an SUV is if it's charged and I'm waiting to use it (not likely that I'd take time to switch it out then for something silly though) or for a boss where SUV is pointless.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 22, 2008, 11:29 PM
Well a CAST could always fill the SUV bar and THEN equip an aura ( since the charge dosent go away), then just switch the suv back in when its needed. Problem solved?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 22, 2008, 11:51 PM
And I mentioned that in my post didn't I :P

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 23, 2008, 12:50 AM
ahh your post wasn't there when I came n_n;

Rayokarna
Jun 23, 2008, 02:35 AM
I would wear a high end unit for Hive or megid filled missoins if I got my hands on one over my SUV for the simple fact I dont have a S Rank armor.

shadowsniper6
Jun 23, 2008, 03:35 AM
My CAST only uses an SUV XD
i haven't seen any CAST without SUVs

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 23, 2008, 03:56 AM
While a CAST could switch out units when the charge is full/when the SUV is needed, it takes time to do the necessary menu actions---especially if you're experiencing mucho slowdown. Besides, it's supposed to be an action-based game so why bother dicking around with the menus? (It's bad enough that some of the SUVs are cheap attacks that are practically impossible to miss with, making me wonder whyt he game doesn't just go turn-based!)

And besides, giving up their big-ass lasers, burst-rocket launchers, chainguns, etc for some retarded aura bullshit (that no man, beast or robot could make look good)...kinda hard to look any less cool than that!

Iduno
Jun 23, 2008, 04:06 AM
Well on my cast I only use SUV but

If you cant wipe out a spawn of monsters in one blast dont complain if someone else isn't doing it either, everyone has the ability to make a cast and get an SUV so if you want that power get it yourself

shadowsniper6
Jun 23, 2008, 08:10 AM
Well on my cast I only use SUV but

If you cant wipe out a spawn of monsters in one blast dont complain if someone else isn't doing it either, everyone has the ability to make a cast and get an SUV so if you want that power get it yourself

i always miss 1 or 2 monsters in a room lol

xNLSx AssassiN
Jun 23, 2008, 08:21 AM
i only wore my black heart on my cast wen the MG glitch was out cause there rly was no point ina suv at the time xD lol now my newman wears it an i stick w/ the paridi for my cast.

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
Until Paradi Cataract came out, SUV hardly did enough damage to be worth using if your Cast was decently powerful. Sturm Attacker used to be good for FF's to set stuff on fire but that's been pretty useless since the expansion.

If the guy didn't own Paradi or an armor to equip it, I'd hardly blame him for skipping SUV entirely.

ErtaiClou
Jun 23, 2008, 11:04 AM
Well the other thing is once a SUV is charged I believe you can unquip it or switch SUVs without losing the charge. For those that don't need to use SUV that often is it possible to charge it once, equip an aura for the looks/stats, then re-equip the SUV for the big ending?

Kadajenova
Jun 23, 2008, 11:08 AM
No you HAVE to equip the SUV to use/charge it. If the charge is full and u unequip it, the full charge disappear. Try it.

Kylie
Jun 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
I was thinking the other day how lame it is that CASTs have to choose between an extra unit and an SUV. I suppose it's all part of being a CAST though. *etches finger around the design of her nanoblast tattoo*

ErtaiClou
Jun 23, 2008, 11:51 AM
No you HAVE to equip the SUV to use/charge it. If the charge is full and u unequip it, the full charge disappear. Try it.

Did you try it? Cause that statement is false.

Changing SUVs, unequiping them all together, or even putting on a puyoment aura. It doesn't matter, you still keep your SUV charge and can use it once a SUV is put back on.

Kadajenova
Jun 23, 2008, 12:09 PM
Did you try it? Cause that statement is false.

Changing SUVs, unequiping them all together, or even putting on a puyoment aura. It doesn't matter, you still keep your SUV charge and can use it once a SUV is put back on.
Well ye i'm wrong >.> but u can't charge with no SUV unit.

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2008, 12:15 PM
I was thinking the other day how lame it is that CASTs have to choose between an extra unit and an SUV. I suppose it's all part of being a CAST though. *etches finger around the design of her nanoblast tattoo*

It also sucks to lose your race special ability when you're wearing Rabol Asted or Rabol Gant. Those are two of the best weapon/armor sets available. Maybe you've heard Casts complaining about what a pain in the arse it is to get armor for their Paradi Cataract for non-gunner jobs? The commonly-available option (Shinowa) is expensive and doesn't have a Body slot for resists.

darkante
Jun 23, 2008, 12:18 PM

ST should have thought more about giving a seperate slot for SUV yes.
Like SUV slot which is always on every armour.

Gen2000
Jun 23, 2008, 12:30 PM
Aura Field/Wings/Puyo/whatever all looks stupid to me anyways, Cast or Fleshy, so I'm not really feeling any lost for having to use an SUV instead.

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
ST should have thought more about giving a seperate slot for SUV yes.
Like SUV slot which is always on every armour.

I want a gravity break PA that's linked to a special attack button for every weapon I use, while we're talking about stuff ST should have done.

Zarode
Jun 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
ITT: People admit to being useless.

ErtaiClou
Jun 23, 2008, 02:33 PM
Well ye i'm wrong >.> but u can't charge with no SUV unit.

No harm done. But a lot of people don't use SUVs on the lower missions until the gang of minibosses at the end. So you can run around all you want with that extra and have the charge ready if it's maxed. granted you won't be able to recharge while it's on but still.

Vent
Jun 23, 2008, 02:43 PM
It's more fun to use conventional methods for killing things if you ask me. So I can totally understand if some CAST decides not to use SUVs. Humans and Newmans don't even have such special attack. CASTs don't really have anything that makes them worse that humans and newmans if they don't use SUV.
This whole story goes for beasts too.

Shinko
Jun 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
cast not using suv is just like newmans being ff or beast not use there nanoblast or force cast (witch you see often)....

people don't have use there main skills. i mean if someone wants to play that way then so be it. how are you all going to complain about how someone plays especailly when this game is so easy that you don't really even need THAT much team work.

EMPYREAN
Jun 23, 2008, 03:12 PM
hmm stopt using a SUV sometime after the lV90 cap cuz my guns did the same or more dmg than my SUV. the extra slot is taken by a hp recharge.

unicorn
Jun 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
As a cast FT, I can't use stormline. I can't make Shinowa line because I'm flat-out broke. Serafi-senba is not accessable to me. So I can't use Paradi.

With my Rabol Rappy, yeah I'll use an SUV. But most of the time I have a Kotoha-senba or Hiragi-senba equipped. Those FO armors need to get some extra units asap, its racist. ;_;

Mimo
Jun 23, 2008, 04:17 PM

Wee! lies! lies!

i charge my suv and remove it to wear puyopop aura, then i open party and when ppl come in, i take puyo off and... Whoosh!!!! suv :3 lol

anyways, i think CASTS are just awesome that they dont need their suv's

'w'

Kadajenova
Jun 23, 2008, 05:23 PM
Wee! lies! lies!

i charge my suv and remove it to wear puyopop aura, then i open party and when ppl come in, i take puyo off and... Whoosh!!!! suv :3 lol

anyways, i think CASTS are just awesome that they dont need their suv's

'w'
I know ;p , see few posts above i said i was wrong ;P

McLaughlin
Jun 23, 2008, 05:30 PM
I'd only consider putting on a visual unit if my SUV bar was already full. However, since there aren't currently any visual units I like, I'll stick to equipping an SUV.

Mimo
Jun 23, 2008, 05:34 PM
I know ;p , see few posts above i said i was wrong ;P

lool i know, i read it but i still wanted to post that 8D

lies!!!!!!!!!

lool... kidding D8

Kadajenova
Jun 23, 2008, 05:49 PM
lool i know, i read it but i still wanted to post that 8D

lies!!!!!!!!!

lool... kidding D8
lolk XD