PDA

View Full Version : PSU Newman Fortefighter Rollcall!

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 22, 2008, 08:58 PM
We've got to stick together, guys and gals! The fiery spirit of Nei lives on in us as we defy the bias that we are all meant to throw crappy spells at monsters. Eff that, we shoot and slash! Show pictures of your newman numbarz and prowess in action! There's nothing sexier than a newman fortefighter. Male newman fFs are also more than welcome to show their faces. I know you exist, I've seen yous!

strikershadow
Jun 22, 2008, 09:07 PM
LOL thats awesome, i have actually been thinkin of making one... atleast try it on my newman :D

Kudo's to you being unique, Keep us posted on how it turns out :D

Weeaboolits
Jun 22, 2008, 09:20 PM
Newman acrofighter close enough?

Yunfa
Jun 22, 2008, 09:29 PM
Acually I remember seeing a person posting a pic of their female fF hitting for 9k with an axe move.

Jainsea
Jun 22, 2008, 09:31 PM
Yea female newman FF are awesome. I had one way back in the day before
Aoi was even around lol. I loved every minute of it :3
I should change her back to FF for old time sakes for a bit.

Dragwind
Jun 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
Uh oh. Where's Sano? ;)

VanHalen
Jun 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
Uh oh. Where's Sano? ;)

You rang? :)

Male Newman Fortefighter right here!

Ashkahn
Jun 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
Beast Fortegunner, repor...

Whoops. My bad.

BFGfreak
Jun 22, 2008, 10:16 PM
eff beasts, Newman women are the best.
(has female newman fortefighter)

Aorre
Jun 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
Where's AweofShe!? :P

Alia
Jun 22, 2008, 10:39 PM
I got a human female FF.....those're rare! :P

But hey, it's great you guys and gals are out there breaking the mold and pushing the limit!

chaostroop3
Jun 22, 2008, 10:42 PM
my main techer sometimes go's fighgunner useing dubal sabers and spears lol

Maskim
Jun 22, 2008, 11:25 PM
I had a newman fortefighter at one point. I went human though. Those ears creep me out. I'm going to join in anyways with a 'yay, not beast!'

Not that I have anything against beasts, but can you imagine having to comb your ears in the morning too? No thank you.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 22, 2008, 11:39 PM
Whats a newman?

oh I remeber....those people that heal me, pick up keys, and open doors.
Us beast fortefighters are to busy hitting big numbers and dieing to do all that stuf...

Aorre
Jun 23, 2008, 12:00 AM
Whats a newman?

Us beast fortefighters are to busy hitting big numbers and dieing to do all that stuf...

lol :D

Even being the weakest, it's not that bad. I played a Male Newman Fortegunner for quite a while and did just fine.

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 12:02 AM
Kitty eats dead newmans for breakfast :P She says they taste like fail, and the FF ones tastes like EPIC-FAIL.

ok my "I dislike newman rant" that no one cared to hear since this is not an anti-newman thread is now over, i will leave the thread now, have a nice day :)

Finae
Jun 23, 2008, 12:30 AM
Its a shame when I somehow put you beast FFs to shame due to whatever reasons that im too lazy to mention atm.

Anyways, cast supremacy, otherwise would of been beast if paradi/other suv didn't come into play. Can take ur nanoblast and big numbarz elsewhere b/c dey ain't ***** to me (Cast clear faster is wut I'm sayin).

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 12:33 AM
pffft casts are just better fighters and beasts are just better gunners. its a fact people dont wanna admit ;) lol

System-Id
Jun 23, 2008, 12:34 AM
I must say it doesnt matter what race you are you should do the Class that fits you. But race does count in some matter such as Beast with immense Strenght and Defense, CAST with super Acc., and newmans with untouched TP :-D Beast FF, CAST Fighgunners and Fortegunners, ANDDDDDDDDD Newman FT's still rock ^^;

Miyuki-chan
Jun 23, 2008, 02:37 AM
Yay for Newman FFs! (I'm on my 2nd female Newman FF atm!)
(My first one is being retired because I accidentally made her too short, so the new one is to replace her.)

chaostroop3
Jun 23, 2008, 10:27 AM
i thoght kitty dosent eat pepole

Mysterious-G
Jun 23, 2008, 10:37 AM

Look at her. Kitty eats everything. :wacko:

Cracka_J
Jun 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
Whats a newman?

See, there are beasts that can efficiently speak in english. It is a challenge.
For the rest of the beast fortefighters that are wondering WTF is going on in this thread - I'll translate that post back into beast for you.

bEazt n0T?!!!?!?!??!?111 CActAchaIrz?!?!?!?!?

o G1b heAlz pl0x, kEy Pl0x, do0Rz pl0X
B1g nUmbArz?!!?!!!!!!!!?????!111111111111
B1G NUMBARZ!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!?!?!?11111111?!?!?!

Arika
Jun 23, 2008, 11:37 AM
All hail
newman samurai~

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3526/94802962yq1.jpg

landman
Jun 23, 2008, 12:06 PM
lol the steel samurai song started in my head xD

My second alt newman is FF 20 while my Beast main is still FF 17 xD but I only lvl my newman in events so I don't do enough big nbrz...

Iduno
Jun 23, 2008, 12:23 PM
Just thought, a newman acrofighter might be REALLY stong since R-mags use TP

Btw. I've tried newman wartecher if thats close enough lol

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 12:29 PM

i've said this many times. Kitty doesnt eat LIVING things :D she has to kill them first ^^

but not people she just stands around them and waits for them to die. thats y newmans are so frequent on her diet! :D loolololol :) shes like a vulture..... except cant fly :(

Zarode
Jun 23, 2008, 01:40 PM
All hail
newman samurai~

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3526/94802962yq1.jpg

Okay, for your next assignment, I need a picture of your character sleeping. :wacko:

Also, I haven't seen a Newman -fighter since like, what, Cherry?

Weeaboolits
Jun 23, 2008, 01:55 PM
Just thought, a newman acrofighter might be REALLY stong since R-mags use TP

Btw. I've tried newman wartecher if thats close enough lolThey do pretty well per hit, but it's too episodic to really be reliable damage.

I just enjoy AF's speed and weapon selection.

Arika
Jun 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
More pic of my newman fighter on this page @ phanshion thread. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144393&page=10

AweOfShe
Jun 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
Where's AweofShe!? :P
I'm around. >>

Kitty eats dead newmans for breakfast :P She says they taste like fail, and the FF ones tastes like EPIC-FAIL.

I remember those times when we partied on JP, and Kitty just died repeatedly. It was pretty awesome.

Freshellent
Jun 23, 2008, 02:25 PM
Kinda sad when the newman fF players I know are still better players than the Uni2 Beast fF randoms still using Light Slicers in White Beasts.

... or back in v.1 when certain newman fFs I knew would solo HIVEs maps on S-S2 when other players wouldn't even consider it unless a Techer of some kind was holding their hand the whole way.

ashley50
Jun 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
Whats a newman?

Now this is the typical beast fF you see everywhere. (Uni2?)
All brawn, no Brains :l

unicorn
Jun 23, 2008, 04:03 PM
Newman FFs and CAST FTs are the best.

I had a couple Newm FFs in the past, recreated them because of trying to fit into the "mold"....It just never worked out for me though. Soooo Newm FF here I come again.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 23, 2008, 04:17 PM
See, there are beasts that can efficiently speak in english. It is a challenge.
For the rest of the beast fortefighters that are wondering WTF is going on in this thread - I'll translate that post back into beast for you.You don't wanna know what I had to do to speak this clearly.....

Well lets just say I have level 2 resta...

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
Newman FFs and CAST FTs are the best.

I had a couple Newm FFs in the past, recreated them because of trying to fit into the "mold"....It just never worked out for me though. Soooo Newm FF here I come again.

Lolis don't work well, so try and maker him or her a bit taller and/or buffer and you'll get a great look.

Zorafim
Jun 23, 2008, 07:23 PM
More pic of my newman fighter on this page @ phanshion thread. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144393&page=10

I may have to steal your look. I've been wanting to give Zolafim something that fits a Myau-type newman, and have thus far failed miserably.

Aorre
Jun 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
Lolis don't work well, so try and maker him or her a bit taller and/or buffer and you'll get a great look.

Pics of Ema, please. =D

Newman as a fighter class is at least worth a try, people. Especially for everyone who complains that the game is "too easy". I mean, it's still easy to kill stuff, but at least you'll have lower HP.

Elley
Jun 23, 2008, 09:29 PM
Kudou's mischief is legendary.... :p

More power to all you newmans defying stereotypes! You're such cute lil things trying to swing weapons around ^^;

Arika
Jun 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
what is Kudou's mischief and myau-type?

note :kidou mean "empty or air" and also be one of very common among many anime characters. so I don't know who u referring to ^^;

Zorafim
Jun 23, 2008, 10:08 PM
Ah, sorry, I assumed it was obvious. By Myau-type, I mean newmans based on the newmans of the original series (the first of which being Myau, obviously). In other words, more agile, meleeing supporters. It's really difficult to make one of these that looks at all decent, so I may be stealing your look.

VetroDrago
Jun 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
My main's 2nd class is FF and he's newman. When I got Gravity Break for the sword and did over 1500 damage the first time, I was amazed. It does the same damage as my Foie! I find that so funny.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Pics of Ema, please. =D

Newman as a fighter class is at least worth a try, people. Especially for everyone who complains that the game is "too easy". I mean, it's still easy to kill stuff, but at least you'll have lower HP.

Okay, but I have to use my cell phone camera on a 480i image. xP Unfortunately, I'm not at my house with my HDTV.

"Kudou" is part of my name. Kudou Yusaku is from Last Bronx, a SEGA arcade/Saturn game. Freaking amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBuFS3bgAhg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A4PeiHLHgAg

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 26, 2008, 05:55 PM
Okay, here are my newman fF pics (and a couple random XBL guide ones).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_6.jpg
(I let my sister's roommate change her looks to check the game out.)

[spoiler-box]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/Kudou-Yusaku/Phantasy%20Star/pic250608_4.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 06:04 PM
I've never been a big fan of elves, whatever the game. And space elves don't make it any different. Maybe if they were more like old school Phantasy Star Newmen, then they'd be a whole lot more appealing.

Still, playing a beast ranger/techer, I appreciate people who get out of the stereotyped classes. :3

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
I do find it funny how people carry on about how easy this game is, then scoff at newman fighters and cast techers, if it's so easy, it shouldn't matter, right?

Gen2000
Jun 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
How I see it is at the end of the day Newman Fortefigher is still a Fortefighter which is one of the best classes in the game. They still have access to Jaborga, Majarra, Slicer, etc, all together. Get the right gear and you're fine. Personally I find most Newman FFs as bad as most Beast FFs in terms of attitude. "I'm so unique I look down on you for picking Cast/Beast blahblahblah." The ones that just shut up and kick ass without making a big deal out of the fact that they're Newmans who melee are cool with me.

It's not some big challenge to play Newman FF, you kill slower than Cast/Beast FFs, big whoop, but with the right gear you probably still kill faster than a lot of other classes anyways.

Cast FT on the other hand is an absolute combination of failure, it was "ok" before AT dropped but not anymore.

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 07:10 PM
I've used some attack techs on my cast GT, they hit decently hard, I'm thinking that FT's TP mod might just be overkill, it's just that FT is an inherently weaker class right now due to how much slower its hits come than melee.

Aorre
Jun 26, 2008, 09:50 PM
Wow, thanks Yusaku. The only close-up (cut-in chat) I've seen of your character was in a Seabed vid on Youtube. She looks awesome. :)

February
Jun 26, 2008, 09:55 PM
I do find it funny how people carry on about how easy this game is, then scoff at newman fighters and cast techers, if it's so easy, it shouldn't matter, right?

That's how I feel about it. I play a Newman Fighgunner. Not the easiest combination in the world.

But a fun one.

Tsavo
Jun 27, 2008, 12:32 AM
I remember playing as a newm hunter when I first started psu and the advanced classes hadn't dropped yet. I teamed with a then random beast hunter and we duoed grove, think we were both level 20. It was pretty rough but we got through it. At the end we were chillin and all the sudden he stops typing. Then: "OMFG YOUR A NEWM!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BEAST!!!" It's been like that ever since really, haha.

Akumamaru
Jun 27, 2008, 12:49 AM
heyo im a newman fortefighter on the 360 servers if anyone wants to party up im there lol

BFGfreak
Jun 27, 2008, 11:14 AM
I remember playing as a newm hunter when I first started psu and the advanced classes hadn't dropped yet. I teamed with a then random beast hunter and we duoed grove, think we were both level 20. It was pretty rough but we got through it. At the end we were chillin and all the sudden he stops typing. Then: "OMFG YOUR A NEWM!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BEAST!!!" It's been like that ever since really, haha.Actually, one time I was yelled at because I didn't have a beast tatoo, until finally, he booted me.
Anyway a few minutes later, I find him in the lobby and ask:"can I join?", he goes "no ur noob no beast mode" My response: "I'm a newman"

God I love telling people off like that.

February
Jun 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
That's a funny story heh

relentless
Jun 27, 2008, 11:44 AM
Actually, one time I was yelled at because I didn't have a beast tatoo, until finally, he booted me.
Anyway a few minutes later, I find him in the lobby and ask:"can I join?", he goes "no ur noob no beast mode" My response: "I'm a newman"

God I love telling people off like that.

Funny how there are so many blind people on this game. Actually.. strange / hilarious. He noticed you didn't have a tatoo, yet he didn't notice your ears. Lol

VivAviva
Jun 27, 2008, 11:56 AM
I have a Newman with GT, fT, fF, WT, AT and the bsic classes all mxed and working on the others ^.^

Miyuki-chan
Jul 5, 2008, 10:54 PM
Funny how there are so many blind people on this game. Actually.. strange / hilarious. He noticed you didn't have a tatoo, yet he didn't notice your ears. Lol

Similar things used to happen to me when the advanced jobs were first released and I became an FF. I would get invited into random parties because I was Newman (the ears) and Newman "obviously" means "resta-bot"... Once the mission started and they saw me with an Axe in my hands they would all mysteriously "drop" from the party... Such ignorance lol.

I don't have that problem at all anymore. ^^

Morganna
Jul 5, 2008, 11:08 PM
Here.

Though for me it's mainly because FF is the best class for newman, because everyone else is that much further behind.

But yeah, <3 Nei

chaoskila
Jul 5, 2008, 11:09 PM
i all ways think all newman gunners and fighters are humans. lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 6, 2008, 01:07 AM
i all ways think all newman gunners and fighters are humans. lol

Suppose they're similar enough in looks and stats.

Kizeragi
Jul 6, 2008, 07:42 AM
I made my newman a Fortefighter :P It's epic.

Neith
Jul 6, 2008, 08:26 AM
I had a Newman Acrofighter/Fighgunner a while back, got her to Lv112. Ended up deleting her because (amongst other things) she was way too short.

Now I've made a Newman Wartecher, but she's also playing Fortefighter/Fighgunner, and likely Fighmaster when it releases.

What's sad is, I was running White Beast A (Lv70+ monsters) at Lv50, and destroying everything no problem. At Fortefighter Lv1, on a Newman. Almost as easy as a Beast fF (and yes, I've had a capped Beast fF, so I know how broken they are)

_K1_
Jul 6, 2008, 03:49 PM
Newmans are my favorite race. FF is a fun class. Put them together and you've got it made.

I multi-class though... it makes things more interesting and gives you something to do work towards when you hit the level cap.

BFGfreak
Jul 6, 2008, 09:07 PM
Just thought I'd fill you in, my little newman is no longer a fortefighter anymore, she's a fighgunner. Yes, that's right, I'm going for a female newman fighmaster. Oh this should be fun.