PDA

View Full Version : Was this wrong?

Kenoke
Jun 23, 2008, 12:55 AM
While playing in a mission, this kid who ive barely known was being all rude and cursin and crap and he let my friend use his s rank sword.. and when he gave it back to him I ran by and picked it up & left.. Me and my friend are laughing.. :/ We just made like 2.7-3mil. Was this bad? Should I give it back!?

:o

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 12:55 AM
i would :/ a boot or a blacklist would've been more appropriate :/

Ken_Silver
Jun 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
While playing in a mission, this kid who ive barely known was being all rude and cursin and crap and he let my friend use his s rank sword.. and when he gave it back to him I ran by and picked it up & left.. Me and my friend are laughing.. :/ We just made like 2.7-3mil. Was this bad? Should I give it back!?

:mad:

Do the right thing. You already know what it is. If you are aware enough to ask on a forum, then you have already made the decision.

:D Just because the kid was an A-hole, doesn't mean you have to stoop down to his level.

RubyEclipse
Jun 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I don't really think two wrongs make a right in this case. Being rude is one thing, stealing items is another.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 23, 2008, 01:02 AM
Don't give it back....fuck karma...

Ken_Silver
Jun 23, 2008, 01:11 AM
Don't give it back....fuck karma...

O_o

Umm... wat?

Nevermind. Forget I was about to ask... :nono:

Kidding... Or so you are told.

Syanaide
Jun 23, 2008, 02:20 AM
Answer: Hell yeah you're wrong, you're just as much as a dick he is. Why don't you go ahead and tell us all three of your names so I can avoid you.

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 23, 2008, 02:23 AM
2.7-3mill is nothing....

Or did you guys forget this game is ezmode?
In a week that kid won't even remeber what happened

GaNksTa
Jun 23, 2008, 02:38 AM
If it's some dumb kid, make an alt, leave it in his room and delete alt. Snatching peoples belongings off the ground is messed up; on private BB I get people banned for snatching.. you just gotta know the right people for it to happen fast :p

drizzle
Jun 23, 2008, 03:04 AM
Yes, that was wrong. You're a thief.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 23, 2008, 03:08 AM
Very wrong.

Maskim
Jun 23, 2008, 03:15 AM
You guys are totally missing the point of the thread. The post was originally made so you could put his conscience at ease, telling him that it was ok, or that he was acting as the hand of karma against said kid, or some other bs. :P

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 23, 2008, 03:17 AM
From the sound of it, the hand of karma seems to have slapped a little too hard. I guess, let's hope the rude kid that the OP mentioned was a thief as well then?

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 23, 2008, 03:18 AM
Exactly...
If the kid is gonna be a dick then he gonna lose something of value.
Stupid karma strikes again...

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2008, 03:23 AM
I can screw this whole thread over right now.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Emblem00
Jun 23, 2008, 03:29 AM
Still dicks in PSU!!!

Ashkahn
Jun 23, 2008, 03:38 AM

You did the right thing.

Don't give his sword back. Make him buy it back.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 23, 2008, 03:45 AM
Give it back to him. You're just as much an asshole as he is if you don't. It's one thing to be rude, but to downright rob someone after he lets a total stranger use his weapon is just plain wrong. :/

Also,

Why don't you go ahead and tell us all three of your names so we can avoid you.

SonicTMP
Jun 23, 2008, 03:49 AM
If the kid wasn't being an ass you wouldn't of done something like that in the first place. As much as it might go agansit the grain. I say don't give it back. No, it wasn't the right thing to do but what's done is done. In this case I'd say karma was aganist the kid.

Just don't be an ass back and taunt the kid with the weapon or anything.

Iduno
Jun 23, 2008, 04:15 AM
Meh the kid was sooo dumb to be an asshole while someone else has his sword so its really all down to what you want to do, give it back, sell it, keep it or even give to the offering box lol it doesnt really matter to me.

If you do give it back though, hold on to it for a while 1st (say 2 days to a week) to scare the kid out of doing it again.

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 23, 2008, 04:21 AM
Its a video game, they got owned, lol

Isn't there a trade window so this doesn't happen?

Ashkahn
Jun 23, 2008, 04:29 AM
Trade windows don't work in missions.

He dropped it, so finders keepers!

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 23, 2008, 04:30 AM
yep thats what happens.

Zantra
Jun 23, 2008, 04:39 AM
This is why I play alone, even when i'm online...

I love you UNI 13...

Maskim
Jun 23, 2008, 04:47 AM
This is why I play alone, even when i'm online...

I love you UNI 13...

Assuming you don't randomly drop your gear all over the place, I doubt you'd need to worry about it.

As to the issue at hand...

Kid being rude? Hearsay. Kid loaning weapon to complete stranger, and getting it stolen? Stupidity.

Topic poster? Dick.

Chris28
Jun 23, 2008, 05:37 AM
here's the ultimate question, what sword was it? and what was its grind and elemental %?

Yunfa
Jun 23, 2008, 05:50 AM
As to the issue at hand...

Kid being rude? Hearsay. Kid loaning weapon to complete stranger, and getting it stolen? Stupidity.

Topic poster? Dick.

indeed

Elbereth_Gilthoniel
Jun 23, 2008, 06:47 AM
I kinda feel a little sorry for the poor kid - I don't think s/he deserved that kind of retribution. Well, I don't think anyone does really.

Reguardless, if he was being annoying you had the right to do something. I agree with previous suggestions to kick or b-list.

Personally, if someone's acting like an ass in my team, we usually do one of three things: a: ignore them; b: kick them, or, if we're in that kind of mood; c: go with and wind them up a little, for the giggle of it all. (Which is sometimes accomplished by doing action 'a' alone) XD

Jainsea
Jun 23, 2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I don't really think two wrongs make a right in this case. Being rude is one thing, stealing items is another.

Mhmm. So true. There were so many things you could've done besides that to
avoid sinking so low as to steal someone else's gear.
Yes the kid was being an asshat, but it doesnt change the fact you stole from
someone.

Cracka_J
Jun 23, 2008, 09:52 AM
he was dropping the weapon lol...
it doesn't matter if the guy didn't value it in the first place.

personally, I rate your creativity at 2/10 though.

you could have just as easily dropped the said weapon and abandoned the mission to erase it's data. that would have scored you around 8 points.

or taken it to the npc afterwards and vendor'd it. if you would have done that and screenshot it in the accomplishment thread, you would have received a full 10 points. also, bonus points would have been awarded if you gave him the meseta back from the npc.

remember, always be creative with your scamming!
better luck next time! :D

LuigiMario
Jun 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
Technically, any item on the ground is up for grabs despite who it belongs to or who its for. :)

landman
Jun 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
What server do you both play? what are your nicknames? where do you usually play? I am very interested in NEVER playing with you

chaostroop3
Jun 23, 2008, 10:19 AM
evan if he was mean you should give it back.....but dosent mean you cant have fun with it =D find him and make him dance for it!

EMPYREAN
Jun 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
nope. maybe he will learn to be polite from now on.

nightlights
Jun 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
stealing weapons is stupid and childish. the guys i play with are all 100% trust worthy. we've lent out pycho wands and rattlesnakes and all kinds of stuff. of coarse none of us are 13 either.

your an idiot. give him his stuff back.

Mysterious-G
Jun 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
No wonder he was a dick to a person like you are. ;l

ChaosAngel92
Jun 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
What sword was?

Im very curious sorry.
Anyway, this dosnt have to be anything with your main question.
Go, search the kid, and give him his sword back, and everyone will live happy.

Zarode
Jun 23, 2008, 01:49 PM
What sword was?

Im very curious sorry.
Anyway, this dosnt have to be anything with your main question.
Go, search the kid, and give him his sword back, and everyone will live happy.

2.3~3mil? Huge Cutter at best.

And people ask me, on the PC/PS2 version, why I quit the 360 version and came back... :|

Kenoke
Jun 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I gave it back. I felt mad bad after the kid sent me a voice message of him basically crying. My work here is done, the kid won't talk trash anymore.

But the real reason I gave it back was that he had some player mod in the party saying if I didnt give it back I would be given a temp. ban? =/

Kenoke
Jun 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
Kan Yu was the sword, for anyone wondering.

Kenoke
Jun 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
And also, the kid wasnt just being rude. I joined the mission, and he pretty much verbally abused me. I gave the sword back within a half hour of posting this. Like I said, I felt bad. Don't label me as a dick. Thanks.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
Thank you for putting your gamertag in your signature here!

It makes reporting you to Live rather easy. Cheerio!

Indica
Jun 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
Thank you for putting your gamertag in your signature here!

It makes reporting you to Live rather easy. Cheerio!

LOL! Good Job

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2008, 05:07 PM
This has gone far enough. Locked.