PDA

View Full Version : International PSU site < Japanese PSU site; why?

Ken_Silver
Jun 23, 2008, 01:38 AM
Why is it that the US/EU PSU site look so plain and uneventful, while the JPN site is all tricked out and stuff? Doesn't that bother anyone else? I mean, I rely on other sites to get PSU related info (PSOWorld and PSUpedia) more than the official site.

Does anyone else wish it was worked on a bit more?

Arika
Jun 23, 2008, 03:07 AM
Well, it is common for the main HQ to be bigger than other area branch :P

Brainwrecked
Jun 23, 2008, 03:09 AM
My only guess is that some marketing research somewhere shows the Japanese public is more drawn to flashy vibrant colors, while the Americans and Europeans are drawn to something more staid and professional.

And it appears as if Sega thinks going with a boilerplate layout that a high-schooler can come up with is staid and professional. Some of those JP pages are quite nice.

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 23, 2008, 04:23 AM
Another reason is because the game is made in japan, all the website updates and such are more easily reported, while everyone else gets screwed.

I remember when the US psu site had absolutely nothing updated on it, while the japanese one was buzzing with news all the time.

BFGfreak
Jun 23, 2008, 11:04 AM
it's because SoA's site is run off the GM-NAA I/O (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM-NAA_I/O) because SoJ is too lazy to give them something modern. (yes, I did have to find some random old OS for this joke, I'm not some computer wiz)

Zarode
Jun 23, 2008, 01:36 PM
(yes, I did have to find some random old OS for this joke, I'm not some computer wiz)

BOY AREN'T YOU FUNNY NOW, MR. 360 USER.

Also, expecting any effort from SoA outside the game is laughable, at best.

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
its japanese duh
anything japannese is better than Americans cept halo players.

Rayshin
Jun 23, 2008, 01:58 PM
yea, it kinda bothers me as well, i hear alot of people say its because SoA is just lazy compared to SoJ. Alot of people say SoJ just doesnt give SoA many resources or they purposely tell them they cant do certain things. I really dont know but I don't really think SoJ would purposely do anything like that. I mean as far as money goes wouldnt that hurt them ?

all in all though, i would say that it seems like the PSU japanese community does seem to get alot more attention than we do...T_T