PDA

View Full Version : So I'm having this problem...

Blitzkommando
Jun 23, 2008, 01:54 AM
Do you know how to solve it?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://blitzkommando.com/storage/whenyouseeit.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Tessu
Jun 23, 2008, 01:56 AM
yikes man looks like u got infected w/ a virus u better scan ur computer b4 u spred it

Blitzkommando
Jun 23, 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm here to tell you about a good friend of mine. His name is Yahweh...

Shadowpawn
Jun 23, 2008, 02:01 AM
google.il

TheOneHero
Jun 23, 2008, 02:03 AM
Internet Explorer?

That's the problem right there. :wacko:

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 02:05 AM
Your taskbar is backwards <_>

MaximusLight
Jun 23, 2008, 02:16 AM
Haven't any of you ever changed the languages on you internet explorer then learned said language for fun?
Bunch of n00bs

Blitzkommando
Jun 23, 2008, 02:32 AM
Haven't any of you ever changed the languages on you internet explorer then learned said language for fun?
Bunch of n00bs

http://blitzkommando.com/storage/wackbards.jpg

http://blitzkommando.com/storage/backwards.jpg

Just a little bit more than IE. Just a bit.

Tessu
Jun 23, 2008, 02:33 AM
Better start learning ....that.

TheOneHero
Jun 23, 2008, 02:34 AM
The Decepticons are mobilizing!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 02:34 AM
You must be running a foreign version of Windows? Everythings backwards on screen so I'm figuring that people in other countries use mice with their left hand. I'm taking a stab and saying this is either Russian version of Vista.

Skuda
Jun 23, 2008, 02:38 AM
Oh! I think I found Waldo!

Blitzkommando
Jun 23, 2008, 02:49 AM
You must be running a foreign version of Windows? Everythings backwards on screen so I'm figuring that people in other countries use mice with their left hand. I'm taking a stab and saying this is either Russian version of Vista.

And you'd be wrong on both counts. :D

It's a US license of Vista Ultimate. One of the benefits is that you can install language packs to change the language of the OS to any on a list of 36 languages, excluding whatever language is the native for the OS (in my case US English).

Hebrew, the language I've currently set it to, reads right to left, like Arabic. Both result in the OS becoming 'flipped' for us left to right readers/writers. Mouse position has nothing to do with it. Although, you probably wouldn't use your left hand for your mouse anyway in those countries since 99.9% of people are right-handed, by taboo. (Protip: Never, ever, attempt to use your left hand for touching someone in the Middle East, only ever use your right hand.)

Russian is one variant that I occasionally use because, well, I can read it at least phonetically and I do know some words. Because of that I can read, phonetically only, just about any Cyrillic-based language which includes Ukranian, Belarusian, Greek, and approximately a dozen other Indo-European languages.

Languages I have installed, mainly to help me learn like you guessed in addition to the default English, are German, Hebrew, Russian, Japanese, and Norwegian. German and Norwegian are the easiest to learn as so many words are cognates. Russian comes easily to me and Japanese the issue is with pronouncing the Kanji since there are obviously no clues given.

Hebrew will probably give me the most problems simply because it is the most unlike the other languages. For instance, vowels weren't native to it originally. And the method for showing them is a bit odd. At least with Russian words are pronounced essentially as written.