PDA

View Full Version : Seriously... whats up with the Black Heart Unit drop rate?

Elley
Jun 23, 2008, 05:39 PM
So far I've killed 24 of these Darblean things following the guide here on PSO-World. They've dropped nothing but copernia, olpad, a useless sword, and a board for a useless sword.

Did Segac adjust the drop rate or something? I've put over 12 hours in to spamming this mission, and I'm beginning to get frustrated. I've killed 8 today with 3* luck and no drop.

:/

Indica
Jun 23, 2008, 05:43 PM
Back when people were hunting them, most people found them on C and B rank.

I tried few days ago hunting but didnt even find them spawn so I gave up

DarkEliteRico
Jun 23, 2008, 05:55 PM
It's always sucked for the unit, spent nearly a full month there doing full missions on B lvl'ing up PA's last year and still haven't found one.

WildArms2
Jun 23, 2008, 05:58 PM
back when the all rare monster mission was around and it was discovered that the drop rate on these is roughly 1 in 50 ! they dont drop often at ALL your better off buying one from another player that was lucky enough to find one

Kadajenova
Jun 23, 2008, 06:08 PM
Aura field > BH unit. It looks cooler and has x2 more END ;p

Zorafim
Jun 23, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, really, you're better off not getting it. Stat wise, it's inferior to its other aura counterparts, and its effect doesn't look very enticing. There's really no reason for it to as be rare as it is.

Para
Jun 23, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'll tell you this as an experienced Black Heart hunter...

24 Darbelans is nothing.

Many people who forcibly hunted those bastards have gone over 100 of them and still no drops.

DarkEliteRico
Jun 23, 2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, really, you're better off not getting it. Stat wise, it's inferior to its other aura counterparts, and its effect doesn't look very enticing. There's really no reason for it to as be rare as it is.
Only reason people are hunting for them is for a future exchange item, it requires a blackheart aura....still not worth it in the long run IMO

Proff
Jun 23, 2008, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if in the event the Japanese are getting next, it drops like candy or you trade Megi photons for it or some shit like that. Then all these people who are pouring sweat and tears into finding it will be thoroughly owned. It never fails with Sega.

Ami~
Jun 23, 2008, 08:04 PM
what item would you get in exchange for the black heart anyway? i'm just curious

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 08:09 PM
what item would you get in exchange for the black heart anyway? i'm just curious

im pretty shur its flowen's great sword+
if not its one of those [+] s rank weapons you get from the pub eventually.

Ami~
Jun 23, 2008, 08:31 PM
now THAT sounds awesome! :D

Zorafim
Jun 23, 2008, 08:35 PM
Only reason people are hunting for them is for a future exchange item, it requires a blackheart aura....still not worth it in the long run IMO

Ah, that... Unless it uses the Dark Flow model or something along those lines, any of the other S rank swords seem just as valid and much easier to get.

Micro
Jun 23, 2008, 08:38 PM
Think I killed around 180 or so back when I hunted the unit daily. Never did get it to drop, eventually gave up.

Then killed ONE on C rank during the Winter Event and it dropped. Gave it to a friend though. lol

As for needing it for trade-in, it's needed for "Flowen's Soul" which is needed to get the Flowen's Greatsword+.

Para
Jun 23, 2008, 08:58 PM
until i find another sexy black aura unit.. I don't think I would want to trade my bh away.

Elley
Jun 23, 2008, 09:21 PM
Zorfim, took your advice and just picked up a cheap aura field. Designed my character around it with a bluish color scheme, and it looks way better than my black heart outfit would have ^^

Giving up on the black heart hunt. I'll just nab it from some event down the line if I have the chance. Hunting for that item yields ZERO entertainment as you just have to keep restarting C missions every minute over and over and over again.

Off to farm relics and hunt for my sori / mind! ^^

Ashkahn
Jun 23, 2008, 09:49 PM
Protip: Sori / Mind isn't worth it either.

VetroDrago
Jun 23, 2008, 10:49 PM
I hunted it a while back on Dark Satellite C and got Darbelans twice. Unfortunately, I got junk. Finally got it off a guy. I had to get it for my aura collection, which is complete until more auras come over from Japan. Puyo was the last aura I had to get lol.

Stezan
Jun 24, 2008, 03:44 AM
It took me around 60 darbelans to get my Black Heart. Unfortunately I have to find an S-rank armor w/an extra slot for my Newman before Master classes are released.

GaNksTa
Jun 24, 2008, 03:48 AM
I looked for about 12 hours.. then bought one for 4 mill in early April. Though I don't plan exchanging it for Flowen's Soul.. FG+ pretty much is a kubara of a kubara; made the trim dark, thats it.

Tekershee
Jun 24, 2008, 05:13 AM
Seems I was lucky in regards to this drop, did a random run to get to the next mission and a Blackheart dropped. Sold it for 99mil too. Shame that doesn't happen anymore!

Middle
Jun 24, 2008, 05:53 AM
I want to hunt this unit too, but i couldnt find the guide on psow... can anyone post the link or the rare spawns for dark satelite (dont know if the psupedia rare spawn is correct though!) ?

Kizeragi
Jun 24, 2008, 06:19 AM
Seems I was lucky in regards to this drop, did a random run to get to the next mission and a Blackheart dropped. Sold it for 99mil too. Shame that doesn't happen anymore!

HATE! D:

I've killed about 362 of them, 0 Black Heart... :/
Looks like I'm gonna have to try again.

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 09:28 AM
Wait what....?! 99MIL??

Maybe I shoulder reconsider Black heart hunting >_>

desturel
Jun 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
The only time I saw blackheart drop was from winter event. From the supposedly rare Bruce's Dungeon map. I got two of them in two runs of Winter Event A rank.

I got sick of getting Ank Dedda and was giving up on finding Kan yu from the non-existant Lutus Jigga so I was looking for Te/Tech PP save instead. I got the two blackheart and four Hard / Hit Charge (of course Jigga shows up when I'm not hunting him), but no Te/Tech PP save. Funny enough I finally did get a Te/Tech PP save from Tunnel Recapture of all places after Winter Event was over.

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
Im willing to bet Black Heart will show up in the Shred the Darkness Event exchange. This unit is almost impossible to get off a rare monster

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 10:39 AM
99 mil!!? wait, i m sure it is not recently right?
I see a 50 mil blackheart on shop for very long period, and nobody buy it.

anyway, blackheart doesn't get any drop rate boost all the S ranks from v1. so it is still as hard as in the past.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 11:35 AM
Ah, that... Unless it uses the Dark Flow model or something along those lines, any of the other S rank swords seem just as valid and much easier to get.

same model, i think has the atp of a huge cutter but with with 1 extra target to hit, and as your HP gets lower your sword gets even stronger!

its a very nice sword, u can put it on a FM, get in the yellow and stay alive with dimates. If your good at keeping yourself at yellow health may be one of the best dark swords out yet.

EDIT: my friend quit and gave me his P-wand i should've asked him for of of his 3 blackhearts T_T during winter event he got them all the time.

o and i bought one for 5 mil a little while ago and though, THIS IS MADNESS! 5 mil for this? pffft :(