PDA

View Full Version : economic inflation

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 07:42 PM
The price is right? so i just wanted to know what people think of soaring prices on the market?

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 07:42 PM
dont buy. hunt.
topic over lol

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 07:43 PM
Im reffering to things such as morbinia and catilium if youve noticed others feel free to post :D

so you feel your opinion is the only one that matters lol

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
well i thnk its quite stupid to pay that much when you can hunt
but if you are lazy then you better have a phat wallet.
i thnk its really stupid that you will pay that much for synth items such as nanopolymer which is really easy to hunt lol and catilium

short story.
got time? hunt the shit you need
too lazy? get a phat wallet

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
:D how bout be a pack rat i gots 2 stack of catilium 1 of every polymer exept orta 3 of those 5 stacks of base S 1 of relic edges and tons of others but i didnt hunt it all if you see morbinia or catilium at 50k its hard to say no ^^

but it seems to me that people tend to hunt whats worth more (relic edge) versus what can be obtained upto 2 in a mission just about every time you run it (catilium) and i guess it dosent help that people love spammin white beast :roll:

MaximusLight
Jun 23, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well see here's the problem with the system, in a real economy you have to actually make moeny or you're out of bussiness and you have to pay bills, in other words there are consequences to not selling your product, here there is no consequence so you can just charge whatever the hell you feel like and it will never do more than end with you not selling stuff.

peoples greed = massive failure

Darn you PSU greed darn you...

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 08:12 PM
but if we had no greed we wouldnt be able to get anything lol
no one would be rich cept segac.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 08:16 PM
$) yep SEGAC made us greedy ^^;

Syl
Jun 23, 2008, 08:19 PM
Almost everything skyrocketed during/after MAG...

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
yeah thanks to people stopping hunting the rarez good for those like me that keep stock oh and buy cheap bought 50 catilium today for 190k ea sum1 was tryin to bring prices down :D

hopefully no1 keeps hunting catilium and the prices keep going up ^^ i heard catiluim went for 1mill ea. on the japanese servers at 1 point

Skyly
Jun 23, 2008, 09:40 PM
Today i seen nanopolymer for like 175k and up.. i laughed then put m my 34 in shop for 200k each.. 3 hours later it was gone and it was back up 2 normal price..

People just don't learn..
and i agree.. why pay for a material when you can just hunt it.

afterthoughtz
Jun 23, 2008, 09:49 PM
Today i seen nanopolymer for like 175k and up.. i laughed then put m my 34 in shop for 200k each.. 3 hours later it was gone and it was back up 2 normal price..

People just don't learn..
and i agree.. why pay for a material when you can just hunt it.
Because some people are like me, they dont have a lot of time to play so when they do get a chance they want to play and have fun, not spamming the same level over and over trying to get 15 Goldania.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 10:02 PM
:dead: olpads upto 18k copernia 15k base S 38k ea :D yay me ^^;

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 23, 2008, 10:08 PM
It is simple supply versus demand. It might take a few weeks or more to get the 15 Morbinia needed to make the Twin Bearclaw that is currently dropping, so as a result the prices went up. The same happened during the MAG as no one was farming materials or boards and certain items increased in price dramatically as a result. Once the economy becomes flooded with that specific item again the price will slowly decrease again. It is no worse than what we are currnetly experiencing with the price of gasoline. Call it inflation if you want, but when there is an influx of meseta in the PSU economy the only possible outcome is for an increase in item prices.

EDIT: It also works the other way because at the start of this event I was able to sell every Meow Mustache I found for 200k whereas now it goes for less than 100k. So because everyone is running for the same items the price decreases due to a lower demand for that item.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 10:31 PM
ha ha catilium 300k im glad i didnt buy out all the catilium myself or :dead:

im laughin hard righ now ^^ cause these 2 guys were buyin all the base Ss and olpads they jacked the price upto 50k now the tards are having an undercut war and brought it back to 26k which was roughly were its been for weeks ^^ ^^

they keep going at it now its cheaper @ 23k a piece

MaximusLight
Jun 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
Because some people are like me, they dont have a lot of time to play so when they do get a chance they want to play and have fun, not spamming the same level over and over trying to get 15 Goldania.

As some who barely plays for most of the year since the start I can safely say that getting enough money to actually pay for those prices takes longer than to hunt the mats.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 11:05 PM
As some who barely plays for most of the year since the start I can safely say that getting enough money to actually pay for those prices takes longer than to hunt the mats.

yep amen to that unless your lucky ^^ like me psycho wands love me but repcas despise me :(

CoV-Shana
Jun 23, 2008, 11:12 PM
Just be glad Catilium isn't over a million like it used to be a couple of months ago. Since the average player is a higher level now it is easier to find rare synth items but the main problem is the flavor of the week. Everyone tends to go to the best mission that offers best XP and drops (like WB) so don't expect something like Catilium to dramatically drop in price any time soon. The mass of players simply aren't looting it enough.

As chaoskila said, don't buy, hunt. If you need Cati: try Holy Grounds.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
ha ha ha catilium dropped to 210k that dude who went and spent around 50mill on catilium just lost alot of $

Ahkaskar
Jun 24, 2008, 12:07 AM
Everything's going to be expensive for a while all thanks to MAG. As for the people who think it's easier to hunt some things down, I never have any luck finding things where they're supposed to show up.

For me at the moment, it's not worth buying the materials nor is it worth the time investment hunting them down. I could spend hours and days trying to get one unit rare material that isn't simply a "common rare" and of which I would need at least 15 units. The money to buy them wouldn't take as long but it'd take long enough that I could probably just buy the completed product from someone else instead and completely forego the risk of losing everything on a 99% chance.

Some of us aren't hardcore dedicated to playing PSU all day and as a result we don't make the kind of money many people seem to believe is the standard.

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2008, 12:11 AM
Materials are going to jump up in price, for many reasons now:

Synth boost coming up--lots of boards being saved up so people need Catilium

Shinowa Lines + Synth boost = ridiculous price for Relic Edges and Nanopolymers.

Olpad, Rubinad, and other materials will be used in a future mission to make weapons, so those prices have gone up as well.

I've noticed things taking price drops as well though, one of the categories being Units. Since I have awful luck finding them, I bought a lot, including Orpad / Guard, Solid / Knight, and Solid / Power S

Shadaki-Kun
Jun 24, 2008, 12:42 AM
Catilium seemed easy to get when the Falz mission came out....

...But then people went back to White Beast>_> So it isn't seen so much now, lol :P

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 02:31 AM
Well see here's the problem with the system, in a real economy you have to actually make moeny or you're out of bussiness and you have to pay bills, in other words there are consequences to not selling your product, here there is no consequence so you can just charge whatever the hell you feel like and it will never do more than end with you not selling stuff.

peoples greed = massive failure

Darn you PSU greed darn you...

I've always thought about this same predicament. The only way to introduce penalties for not selling is to have a centralized system that charges listing fees based on selling price, and to have those fees be recurring. Would be an excellent way to get rid of all the items listed for 99,999,999 Meseta. But then you'd need a way for people to show off stuff available for trade only and a way to visit your other characters' rooms -- two of the common abuses of the 99,999,999 Meseta listings because there is no other way to do those things.

MaximusLight
Jun 24, 2008, 02:44 AM
I've always thought about this same predicament. The only way to introduce penalties for not selling is to have a centralized system that charges listing fees based on selling price, and to have those fees be recurring. Would be an excellent way to get rid of all the items listed for 99,999,999 Meseta. But then you'd need a way for people to show off stuff available for trade only and a way to visit your other characters' rooms -- two of the common abuses of the 99,999,999 Meseta listings because there is no other way to do those things.

Hence why I blame greed
(and even in real life charging ads for stuff still costs money, but hey it's a game, I don't actually care that much I just wish people would figure out that it's not really worth peoples time to save for months for a 10 mill item)

Ogni-XR21
Jun 24, 2008, 03:05 AM
Can't wait to sell all my mats overpriced once people start synthing when the MAG bonus kicks in.

Dakkon
Jun 24, 2008, 06:33 AM
1. Use the best economy weapons: Reasonable foresight and Patience
2. Abuse other's lack of them
3. ????
4. Profit

BTW, am I the only one here guessing if our good pal S4CT4L1TY can ever contribute to a single thread with anything more than "me, me, & me. lol"?

Magician
Jun 24, 2008, 06:41 AM
Three million for a 20% element 11* melee weapon.

I've been working on my alts, so I'm lucky to farm 60k per hour of playtime.

The MAG extension can't come soon enough. :(

shadowsniper6
Jun 24, 2008, 06:43 AM
im the lazy one
lol
i always buy my Synth items

Gcen
Jun 24, 2008, 09:38 AM
Resonantly I have found myself selling the board and materials for a weapon then buying it made since I am making more meseta of the board and materials then the price of the made weapon.

Unless you talking about something like PWands were its better to hunt 2 boards sell one then buy the materials unless you don't mind a broken PWand or don't mind risking the 99% of making. 4 boards found and 2 make plus a few mill profit, I already have enough to buy the board or all materials to make my next PWand.

That's not even including the meseta I am making on my char that's only what I am making from me selling what I find in my shop, each char I have all have meseta on each of them what their making when running missions.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 10:39 AM
BTW, am I the only one here guessing if our good pal S4CT4L1TY can ever contribute to a single thread with anything more than "me, me, & me. lol"?

its all about me lol ^^ but seriously i honestly feel bad for those with unfortunate luck ive had friends come and go due to their bad luck receiiving rares even though we offered them free goods and the likes but alas it must be frustrating saving for an item only to have the price double

wait have you been stalking ME Dakkon ^^;

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
*shrug* I don't think the economy will change anytime soon in general. There'll always be people who overprice, and always some people who are generous enough to give their items a very good price, but those get sold too fast to notice. lol

Oh, inb4K-ozisthereasongasishigh

Kizeragi
Jun 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
Some things are dropping now, such as Goldania. But still, everything will always be overpriced on the market.

*agrees with 2nd post*

Don't buy, hunt the stuff you want.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 11:23 AM
Unless their rich & lazy then buy our rares for high $$$$

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
Don't buy, hunt the stuff you want.

Though for some items it is much harder, example is Morbinia. Hell, who'd hunt 15 Morbinia for assumably more than 1 week just to be able to synth a possible S rank which may end up Okiku'd or low %'ed?xD
I've always questioned those kind of items, as to how to get a lot in a short amount of time. :/
It'd be cool if most of those friggin' hard to get items would drop like say, nanopolymers in Egg Thieves S, that would be pretty awesome. (I mean, you ARE better off hunting them, they're still overpriced though lol)

Kizeragi
Jun 24, 2008, 11:27 AM
Though for some items it is much harder, example is Morbinia. Hell, who'd hunt 15 Morbinia for assumably more than 1 week just to be able to synth a possible S rank which may end up Okiku'd or low %'ed?x
I've always questioned those kind of items, as to how to get a lot in a short amount of time. :/
It'd be cool if most of those friggin' hard to get items would drop like say, nanopolymers in Egg Thieves S, that would be pretty awesome. (I mean, you ARE better off hunting them, they're still overpriced though lol)

I would. Risk = Reward. Why do you think I have some nice stuff? x3 I hard earned it all.

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
I would. Risk = Reward. Why do you think I have some nice stuff? x3 I hard earned it all.

We =/= You

True, though. lol (but you're an exception and you know that *poke*)

Kizeragi
Jun 24, 2008, 11:36 AM
We =/= You

True, though. lol (but you're an exception and you know that *poke*)

Ok then D: WE not I <_<
I got most of it myself though :3

lolpost#100 XD

Ruru
Jun 24, 2008, 12:25 PM
well with MAG's return coming up in the next weeks/month we'll just have another price hike for mats such as goldania again. catilium might go down since it was a common drop, but everything else will go up again cause of lack of hunters. serafi senba more than doubled in price because no one was doing whitebeast during MAG last time around.

i myself usually just hunt everything. if its board i'll hunt it. if i need mats i'll hunt them. sure it takes more time but you save money and end up having something to do other than grinding the usual places over and over.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 01:04 PM
i cant wait for mag to finish already i have stacks of crap to sell over priced and crap to break while grinding :D but mostly i want my SNG's 2 long a wait should have had them for a month already :(

im sad just ran outta morbinia last bearclaw so far nothin below 24% gotta get 1 more 40%+ *crossesfingers&toes,kissesluckyhorseshoe,rubsluckyrabbitfootandbu ddahsstomach^^;

Kylie
Jun 24, 2008, 02:11 PM
Supply and demand. ;) Hunt if you don't want to turn over too much cash and wait for them to drop with a GBR or new mission. Also, buy lots of stuff when it's deflated by something temporary like GBR. :( Catlium went for like 100k back then.

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 02:26 PM
I miss the times a sweet death could make (and made me) me a multi-mega-millionaire.

Abashi76
Jun 26, 2008, 01:28 AM
The price is right? so i just wanted to know what people think of soaring prices on the market?

The value of photons has gone way down, they used to be in the thousands, now they're just in the hundreds. I have a store called Photon Palace <Asta Ri>, I was selling them in the 1000s, but now they are in the 100s in order to attract costumers. I won't profit much from my store for a while, I was thinking of using the boards I find to make weapons, and sell them for greater amounts.

What I really hate is how my PM just failed to make me a pair of daggers for my new WT. :X

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2008, 01:30 AM
I've been doing great synth-wise. Anything I've synthed has been completed.

Oh, except for a couple. Though, it's funny. Anything below 70% always completes for me.

Back on topic: I do have a store, though I sell stuff REALLY cheap. I mean srsly, people would call me a noob with they saw these prices.

I know it sounds like I'm advertising, but I'm not. i just have no idea what to price things.

Also, it's annoying when people are like," It's pretty cheap, only about 3 mil".

WTF is this, Runescape?

Ahkaskar
Jun 26, 2008, 01:38 AM
^ Truth.

Muscular Beaver
Jun 26, 2008, 01:51 AM
I haven't gone into synthesis (I just sell all my synth items in my shop honestly) but I can say that the prices on a lot of the other items seem high to me. Weapons and armor and such.

What really bothers me is when I'm price checking a synth item and the first thing that pops up is the NPC Price Guide shop for 500, and then every shop afterward is 800+