PDA

View Full Version : Video game graphical issues, to those who are good with PCs.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 09:29 PM
I'm trying an old game called Allegiance and I can't play it for more then a few minutes without having a MAJOR graphic issue. The screen just stops "updating." The game will still be running but the image on screen won't change. I'll hear sound effects and everything but no luck with fixing the issue. Any idea what's going on?

TalHex
Jun 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
can you take a screenshot? i might be able to do some trouble shooting, also what graphics card are you using? cuz i know some newer graphics cards have hell with older games

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 09:34 PM
Screen shot of what? The frozen screen? The point is that midgame an image will just burn in while things are still running. I'll hear sound and keyboard input still works. I just won't see the screen update.

I use a GeForce 7600GT.

TalHex
Jun 23, 2008, 09:38 PM
hmm i wondering if your card is to new to support the game, it does use 3d graphics right? the same thing happened to me when i tried to run the PC version of FF7 on this computer, it wasn't supporting radeon ATI graphics and while i could use KB and mouse input i got no picture, try switching back to integrated graphics if you can (you might be able to without uninstalling stuff) and try running it on that, see if there is any difference

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 09:44 PM
There are a lot of thing I'll do to get a game running. I'm not switching my drivers around and switching to my on-board graphics card.

TalHex
Jun 23, 2008, 09:45 PM
probably for the best... i'll do some research on the game and see if i can find anything about the problem, there is probably quite a few people with this

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2008, 11:29 PM
Is there a refresh rate setting in the game options?

Also, list what options there are for graphics settings, that might help us locate the problem.

TalHex
Jun 23, 2008, 11:32 PM
i'm stumped... i can't find anything about this problem, maybe the game data is corrupt?