PDA

View Full Version : Bet Sega Didn't Think Of That When They Made The Blacklist

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 01:08 AM
I've been increasingly using the blacklist to get people out of my chocolate Newman's room. I know she's cute and all, but hasn't everyone heard of Many Men Online Role Playing Girls and Guys In Real Life? I don't mind the business and I don't mind the chit-chat. But I often get hints of being hit on when I play this one character. From people that walk around and do nothing to people "showing off" on my message board. It's just weird and creepy and now I think I know how hot chicks must feel about us gamer types. :D

What strange things or events have you guys resorted to the blacklist for?

EDIT: As an incentive to keep this thread from diverging into rant & flame territory, as it has managed to do so, here is the winner thus far:

I don't utilize the blacklist much myself, but yesterday I overheard a guy saying that he blacklisted Sonic and Tails to have them as trophies on his blacklist... I thought that was pretty inventive.

str898mustang
Jun 24, 2008, 01:13 AM
I BL'ed a person because he was trying to control the market on certain items. He/she had a friend come and ask me to unBL them and I said ok and told them stop doing it and they said ok. 10 min later, the person I took off my BL comes in my shop and buys the note seeds I priced for 5k when his were 7k. So i went to his room and he ended being back on the BL.

Ken_Silver
Jun 24, 2008, 01:43 AM
I've been increasingly using the blacklist to get people out of my chocolate Newman's room. I know she's cute and all, but hasn't everyone heard of Many Men Online Role Playing Girls and Guys In Real Life? I don't mind the business and I don't mind the chit-chat. But I often get hints of being hit on when I play this one character. From people that walk around and do nothing to people "showing off" on my message board. It's just weird and creepy and now I think I know how hot chicks must feel about us gamer types. :D

What strange things or events have you guys resorted to the blacklist for?

Wow, that does suck. I have yet to blacklist someone yet though. I have been lucky in this sense. I play on the PS2/PC servers and I only ran into this one idiot. I was about to B-list him, but then I thought about it: the guy was looking to get on someone's nerve, why give him the pleasure? So I put up with the guy and he eventually left out of boredom.

However, in your situation; you had no choice and that really sucks. I feel your pain. I also am going to guess that you're on the 360 servers right? If not, I haven't seen you around :) And I know what you mean about the hot chicks statement. Those guys who give you a hard time only help to glorify that horrible stereotype. And that's no good. :nono:

chaoskila
Jun 24, 2008, 01:49 AM
lol i use the blacklist to knock out anoyying people who go to my room just for my scale -_-"
[maybe i should take it out of my AD]

ashley50
Jun 24, 2008, 01:58 AM
lol i use the blacklist to knock out anoyying people who go to my room just for my scale -_-"
Or put it on your other char's room

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 02:20 AM

Well, don't advertise it if you don't want people bugging you for it. But I take it that by "annoying" you mean, "people that come in and weigh themselves over and over and over and over and over and over again ad naseum," and not "people that come in, weigh themselves, ask you about it, and say kthxbye."

drizzle
Jun 24, 2008, 03:11 AM
post pics of your newman

Kylie
Jun 24, 2008, 03:13 AM
Most of the cases that have called for the blacklist for me were where I was being harassed to my limit, but none of the blacklists have lasted long. In fact, my list is completely empty right now. I'd rather ignore them myself or come up with something witty. As long as I can do that, and they aren't constantly mailing me, stalking me, or whatever else; then I don't need the blacklist.

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 03:21 AM
post pics of your newman

Bleh. You PC people and your in-game snapshots.

*fires up his 360 and his DVR*

GaNksTa
Jun 24, 2008, 03:39 AM
I BL'd 2 pages worth of people named SEPHIROTH in v1; I took them all out later. During the Winter Event I filled up my BL twice from all spam. During MAG I refilled it again, only once this time, but hey, we still got the extension.

There are only 4 people on my BL that I hate with fiery passion; the rest are either spammers or people who wear Rappy Suits while using Real weapons/T. Rubies.

Oh yes, and little 13 year old boys that talk about their junk, "your mother" jokes and/or have incredibly repulsive voices.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 24, 2008, 03:45 AM
For some reason, I never get voice chat. Although I don't think PS2/PC supports that anyways.

On topic: I know all too well that guys use women characters. Most of the people on my Guardians list(and the people I play other games with too) either main on a female avatar or have 2 others. >_>;

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 04:04 AM
XBox 360 --> S-Video --> set-top DVR --> DVD+RW --> computer DVD Drive that doesn't like to open --> Mencoder to rip video --> AVIDemux --> BMP snapshots --> GIMP because the video is anamophed --> JPEGs --> PSO World --> Your Browser.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=293&pictureid=2209

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=293&pictureid=2210

I was gonna do some cutesy animations, but the source is interlaced so there's a weird inter-frame blur during action.

The guy that plays her is here (http://www.myspace.com/brainwreckedtech). He doesn't look like he'll be in a good mood any time soon. Something about his cat. :D

uss
Jun 24, 2008, 05:35 AM
oh so you not the one im looking for then i was looking for samoene name samething but just to be sure do you know any newman girl name yoko lv 120????

bp_shoruko
Jun 24, 2008, 08:30 AM
mainly those who continually pester the shit out of me (which with the incresingly super elitist state of this game, hasn't been as often recently)... but these people may eventually get removeved. Those who offend me, failed scammers, and those with stupid names (like blackhound117 and those who use symbols to signify body parts in their name) tend to get a more permanent spot on the old blacklist. Like the first guy on my list (kadafi, I think)... he's NEVER comin off my B-list.

TheGreyCliche
Jun 24, 2008, 10:46 AM
I don't utilize the blacklist much myself, but yesterday I overheard a guy saying that he blacklisted Sonic and Tails to have them as trophies on his blacklist... I thought that was pretty inventive.

Hiroko
Jun 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
I blacklist anyone who runs around lobbies spamming "gib me money!"

I also BL'ed a random player once for asking to borrow 10mill from me, once I refused they started calling me a cheap %&@#!, and wouldn't give up either, so I said "BL for you!"

Unfortunately I've run into alot of annoyances in the past year and a half, and my blacklist has grown to 4 pages ^^;

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 11:21 AM
i BL all RACIST and NARCISSISTIC people and the ocasional beggar but that dosent mean im evil i help random newbies gib them monies and rares

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 11:26 AM
your all mean people :P

only 1 person i've ever BListed and i dont even know y, 2 days ago i checked it and i was like HUH? lol

also Chaoskilla thats mean i love to go on people's scales i just dont have my own :( (Kitty broke'd it :D )

and brain werked i get hit on and weird comments and stuff on my fat girl character, like i seriously do, it happens to probably all girl characters >.> lol i just ignore it :O

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 11:29 AM
I bl people if they have serious issues concerning their sanity and common sense, negative-wise.

Ruru
Jun 24, 2008, 11:50 AM
i've only blacklisted 2 people so far. one was in my first week of playing some loser kicked me out of an HSM party cause i died once. lol

the other time i had some person afk in my shop for like 4 hours and it was just getting weird so i blacklisted them to kick them out then unblacklisted them. i usually stick to the off uni's where no one else really hangs out so i dont have to run into many idiots.

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately I've run into alot of annoyances in the past year and a half, and my blacklist has grown to 4 pages ^^;

I used up all 8 pages, mostly from shop spammers. I was at 6 or 7 pages pre-expansion. As the BL keeps the order that you BL people in, I now go to the 1st page and wipe it out when I fill up 8 pages.

Why hold the grudges? People can't visit the rooms of players that have blacklisted them. Think before you spam, annoy, or commit other ass-hattery.

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
Anyone who annoys me to the point of almost going crazy will get on my blacklist but I do clean it out every now and then currently I only have two pages :) However ive noticed that as well, when im on my female characters I will get followed for a little bit and they try to sit next to to me, either ill tell them Im a guy and then they will stay away from me, or they look at my gamercard and then see that im a guy and stop as well:razz: I use my mic in every game though so I dont have to much of a problem with it

Nirvash7
Jun 24, 2008, 02:21 PM

Wow that was me, btw. I didn't think word would spread to the forums that fast from the game.

unicorn
Jun 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
Don't complain about being hit on. You purposely made an attractive female Newman. I wouldn't be surprised if you secretly enjoyed the attention.

I sure know my females are hot. I don't mind when I get hit on cuz I know I'm hot irl too.
~~~

I only block dumb people. Some rude people. Some PSO-W peeps ended up there too.

GStealth
Jun 24, 2008, 06:56 PM
Don't complain about being hit on. You purposely made an attractive female Newman. I wouldn't be surprised if you secretly enjoyed the attention.

I sure know my females are hot. I don't mind when I get hit on cuz I know I'm hot irl too.
~~~

I only block dumb people. Some rude people. Some PSO-W peeps ended up there too.

Exactly... I wish people didnt complain about being hit on when they purposely make the sexiest character they can and know what kind of mentality young males have

Blacklist is for scammers / idiots / spammers, not people that compliment your characters looks in whatever form it comes in (from "You are cute" to "ur hot")

Shinko
Jun 24, 2008, 07:33 PM
i agree with the don't complain about it. just use him.... i bet he's give u money or items because he think your a girl (that's what he get)

As for the blacklist.... i blacklist ppl who
Are racist or say racist Remarks
Very rude...
Or ppl who beg alot (don't mind helpping out ppl or noobs but i hate when they want you to give them something instead of you help them find it)

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 24, 2008, 08:02 PM
i agree with the don't complain about it. just use him.... i bet he's give u money or items because he think your a girl (that's what he get)

As for the blacklist.... i blacklist ppl who
Are racist or say racist Remarks
Very rude...
Or ppl who beg alot (don't mind helpping out ppl or noobs but i have when they want you to give them something instead of you help them find it)

Sometimes the so-called nOObs or beggers actually have money in their pockets... or better yet, their common box.

I befriended one of them, and we did missons to get his money. When I went to his room, he had shown me that he had 50mil in his box...

Using that kind of mentality can define yourself as a nOOb... you ought to put yourself on the blacklist, if that was possible.

Shinko
Jun 24, 2008, 08:12 PM
Sometimes the so-called nOObs or beggers actually have money in their pockets... or better yet, their common box.

I befriended one of them, and we did missons to get his money. When I went to his room, he had shown me that he had 50mil in his box...

Using that kind of mentality can define yourself as a nOOb... you ought to put yourself on the blacklist, if that was possible.

1st off if he is hitting on a girl and giving her rares and money knowing that most of the females are guys anyway then he deserve it.

2nd even if she's a girl... why should she have to deal with a guy hitting on her all the time.... if she can't do anything about it. i say get even.... and thats a good way to do it.

idc what ur saying your most likely one of those flirts anyway....

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
1st off if he is hitting on a girl and giving her rares and money knowing that most of the females are guys anyway then he deserve it.

2nd even if she's a girl... why should she have to deal with a guy hitting on her all the time.... if she can't do anything about it. i say get even.... and thats a good way to do it.

idc what ur saying your most likely one of those flirts anyway....

Wait, wait, wait. I was not even talking about the flirters of PSU, I was talking ONLY about the people who act broke, and ask people for money. I was TOTALLY agreeing with that last point you said. I blame myself for not making it clear to those who read the comment.

Also, I am not a flirt... I pay 10 dollars a month to PLAY PSU, not to flirt with others.:(

Shinko
Jun 24, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wait, wait, wait. I was not even talking about the flirters of PSU, I was talking ONLY about the people who act broke, and ask people for money. I was TOTALLY agreeing with that last point you said. I blame myself for not making it clear to those who read the comment.

Also, I am not a flirt... I pay 10 dollars a month to PLAY PSU, not to flirt with others.:(

oh oh ohhh..... well...... i feel bad now..... my bad -_-

Brainwrecked
Jun 25, 2008, 12:20 AM

Um, no? 3 out of 4 characters created because

1) Something different than what I am IRL.
2) Something nice to look at during my 2000+ hours I've put into this game.

1) Way to project, there, buddy. Not everyone holds your view on the world.
2) Heading dangerously into "She's just asking for it by dressing like that" territory.
3) Doubt it you're that hot irl.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 25, 2008, 02:16 AM
I just don't blacklist people, really. I have very few on there and I remove them after a while. Usually only to temporarily stop spamming.

Ruru
Jun 25, 2008, 02:59 AM
1) Way to project, there, buddy. Not everyone holds your view on the world.
2) Heading dangerously into "She's just asking for it by dressing like that" territory.
3) Doubt it you're that hot irl.

thanks for those points i have to agree.

I dont like to be hit on in a video game just because of what my character looks like. i for one AM a girl in real life and JUST because i make a cute girl (hard to not make a cute girl in video game MADE BY MEN) doesn't mean i want or need any attention. i dress a certain way in real life too because its how i want to dress. does that give some random person the right to stalk me or worse? looking is one thing but following people around because they're the opposite sex and they look good is totally different.

and back to ontopic... i had to Black list someone just today for doing the whole stalking thing to me when i was in a lobby afk sitting for a bit. come back and my chat log is spammed with nasty comments and the guy is sitting ontop of my character. i was only gone for 20 minutes too....

Nitro Vordex
Jun 25, 2008, 03:29 AM
This is why you don't assume female avatars are chicks.

Ever.

I mean Ever.

Seriously.

Everytime I see a female avatar, I assume it's a dude. It's a safe assumption, though obviously not always true. I think it's better to talk to a girl as if she were a guy, than to hit on a guy RP'ing a girl.

Seority
Jun 25, 2008, 04:10 AM
I had to BL a friend because DreX told me to.
("Cuz it's fair" is what he said.)

abdule
Jun 25, 2008, 04:26 AM
I BL'ed a person because he was trying to control the market on certain items. He/she had a friend come and ask me to unBL them and I said ok and told them stop doing it and they said ok. 10 min later, the person I took off my BL comes in my shop and buys the note seeds I priced for 5k when his were 7k. So i went to his room and he ended being back on the BL.

does it really matter.. you got your money.

Brainwrecked
Jun 25, 2008, 05:21 AM

does it really matter.. you got your money.

Yes, it does. I've been a victim of market price fixing. Turned out the person committing the fixing on a particular item was doing it right as I was looking for said item. He was ahead of me by 3 seconds or something like that. I didn't catch on until the 3rd room. There were only 5 rooms I was interested in buying from.

Same douche I had blacklisted previously for calling me a cheapskate when I wouldn't pony up any of my 1 million Meseta because his friend was stupid enough to drop a then-rare 2-headed Ragnus in a mission with strangers.

Once an ass, always an ass.

ForteGunnerW
Jun 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
I used cus some creepy dude wouldnt leave me alone and was obsessed and apparently cried when i left and then when i came back was asking for my SS

Aireshen
Jun 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
well i used to b-list a lot when i first started the game because these creeps wouldn't leave me alone... but recently i only b-list if i am being harassed cause of my char or if i hear disgusting talk aka perverted stuff... and i b-list guys who act like girls and dis me cuz im an actual one( jerks ) thats about it! -Reshen

Gunslinger-08
Jun 25, 2008, 08:37 PM
My BL is empty. I might put someone on it for a while, but with how small the community is, I can't afford to cut someone off if they're behaving and want to join later on.

DreXxiN
Jun 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
I had to BL a friend because DreX told me to.
("Cuz it's fair" is what he said.)

1 for 1 ;)