PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Japanese PC/PS2 contnent update for June 26!

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2008, 06:34 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=694

(Bea mentioned this in the new event thread, but just to give the full update its own thread...)

Shred the Darkness begins!
Japan's next big event, "Shred the Darkness," will begin June 26 and run through July 24.

* Official event site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/dark2008/)

Event missions
Shred the Darkness (event prologue mission) (http://psupedia.info/Shred_the_Darkness_(tutorial))
The SEED are trying to stop us from reaching the Unification Point, so we need the cooperation of every Guardian to oppose the attackers! I'd like everyone to stop by so we can discuss our battle strategies.

Roar of the Fiery Beast (http://psupedia.info/Roar_of_the_Fiery_Beast) C-S2
A large-scale fire contamination has occurred on the outskirts of the Denes RELICS, and damage by the infected native creatures has been confirmed. Exterminate the infected creatures which have entered the RELICS site and suppress the De Ragan!

Operation: Annihilate Magashi (http://psupedia.info/Operation:_Annihilate_Magashi) C-A (side-story mission)
While the GUARDIANS' SEED extermination efforts have expanded, sightings on Moatoob of a man who looks like Magashi have been confirmed. The research division is offering this mission to seek out the truth behind the appearances...

Hit the Counter! (http://psupedia.info/Hit the Counter! (dark))
Whoa, you did it... you hit the counter! Take this as a memento of getting the 100,000th monster kill!

Dark Crystal Seeker (http://psupedia.info/Dark_Crystal_Seeker) (item exchange mission)
Please bring me any Megi-spheres you collect during your missions. I have assembled a collection of items as compensation for your work. I'm expecting great results from each Guardian!

Seasonal events
* The Sonic lobby continues as it is mixed with special decorations for Shred the Darkness. This mixed lobby will be running through July 10.
* The Holy Light Festival will be running in Ohtoku City through July 24.

New items
* Numerous new weapons and line shields will be released thanks to the new event missions.
* A number of new decorations will also be added, including the seasonal Light Festival Décor.

System updates
* When a player uses a LV31+ attack TECHNIC, only the caster will see the full visual effect of it. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC with its LV21-30 visual effect.

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 06:37 AM
Awesomeeeeeee. :)
I am expecting great things from the event.
Also, the holy light festival lobby holds alot of great memories. :love:

And thanks for the news, Esp! ^^

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 06:40 AM
If only US/EURO servers get so BIG and OFTEN updates like this :(

CAVAOUBIEN
Jun 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
* When a player uses a LV31+ attack TECHNIC, the visual effect will be similar to LV21+ TECHNICs. (The way this is worded seems to imply that the player who casts a LV31+ TECHNIC will still see its original flash effects.)

O-O this is kind of weird. Would this be an attempt to lessen the lag which invariably comes from lvl 31 TECHNICS? So the one who casts is the only one to see the full lvl 31+ animation? It's kind of strange in a way that nothing would visually distinguish a lvl 31+ TECHNIC from a lvl 21+.

Perhaps it is only referring to the size on screen... anyway, I can't quite picture how this works really.

thanks for the update Espiokaos

CAVAOUBIEN

Middle
Jun 24, 2008, 06:58 AM
[...]
System updates
* When a player uses a LV31+ attack TECHNIC, the visual effect will be similar to LV21+ TECHNICs. (The way this is worded seems to imply that the player who casts a LV31+ TECHNIC will still see its original flash effects.)

.... mhm .... but thats bad i think isnt it ? wont it be smaller then ....

I hope for a great event ...
dark falz v2 seems to be a bonus mission though ?

shadowsniper6
Jun 24, 2008, 07:03 AM
isnt 21+ techs the same as 31+ lol i mean 21 22 .....29 30 31 lol
could it mean that the techs stop getting cooler at 31?

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 07:08 AM
System updates

>>>>> BADDD!!!! They need to give PC user be able to choose it on the setting!!!! (but they didnt meantion option setting :/)
I seen a screen shot of 2 players using combination lv 50 tech before, they just look sooo cool. I want to do that when it come to our server :/

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
On the google translation it says non-attack tech...so I guess it should be the support techs?

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
isnt 21+ techs the same as 31+ lol i mean 21 22 .....29 30 31 lol
could it mean that the techs stop getting cooler at 31?

No, they look a lot different at 31+

As he said, it seems to imply that only the caster will see the new animation. That's pretty weird....but I guess there are a lot of complaints of lag. Pretty interesting.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 07:16 AM
On the google translation it says non-attack tech...so I guess it should be the support techs?

Don't believe google translation, it alway confuse people :-?
I can say it mention "attack tech" only. so support tech will be the same way as it alway do.

anyway, inb4 people complain about PS2 bring PSU down issue again~

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 07:30 AM
If lvl 31+ techs will look the same as 21+ techs, I guess that means I'll go back to AT >.>
The only reason I have a FT instead of AT is because of the lvl 31+ techs looking better (and FT is getting lvl 40 support) :<
But if it only effects the other players in the party, if the person that uses the tech still sees the lvl 31+ tech effect, I guess I'll keep FT xD

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 07:51 AM
it mean that non-MF players will never be able to see those shinny uber epic tech....

xNLSx AssassiN
Jun 24, 2008, 07:52 AM
wow thats lame, an i just lvled a newman ._. looks like im lvl a beast FF again now....

Lyrise
Jun 24, 2008, 07:57 AM
People need to better understand the meaning of the tech update.

Players other than yourself will see all attack techs Lv 31+ as Lv 21 animations.

Meaning if you are the USER of the tech, you will see everything.

xNLSx AssassiN
Jun 24, 2008, 07:58 AM

Players other than yourself will see all attack techs Lv 31+ as Lv 21 animations.

lol yea but its no fun wen i cant lagg the party w/ lv31+ ramegid anymore ^^;

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2008, 08:06 AM

Takes a bit of the fun out of showing off. :P

I think that's a fairly poor way of fixing the slowdown they cause, but it's a start. Some of the level 21 Techs seem to cause more slowdown than they do at 31 (like Rafoie).

Looks like a pretty cool event though!

Vent
Jun 24, 2008, 08:10 AM
I like the tech adjustment. I'm playing on PC, so I don't have the lag issue, but I kind of hold myself back of spamming the big lag techs like Gizonde if I notice someone has slowdown.

blkbeast
Jun 24, 2008, 08:13 AM
and 360 gets...."crap on a plate enjoy " says sega

Neith
Jun 24, 2008, 08:14 AM
Heh, so for all the work of getting Techs to 31, no-one else aside from yourself will see them? Great fix ST /sarcasm

Probably the laziest fix ever, and you'd have to run a pretty terrible setup for Lv31 techs to lag you. I run an (almost 4 year old) Dell, and I don't get any lag from them. For PS2 players maybe, but we've known for ages that the PS2 version falls over as soon as you get a party going anyway.

The event sounds decent (Ragan as a boss is somewhat pathetic mind, couldn't have been much easier), but the rest sounds alright. Considering we still haven't finished MAG, and have Dengeki still in the pipeline though, I don't think anyone should get too excited.

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 08:17 AM
Things started with De Ragan.. Things will end with him. :wacko:

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2008, 08:34 AM
Fixed my crappy wording of the system update. <_<;

To be honest, it kind of disappoints me that only the user will see the full visual effects of a TECHNIC. But knowing first-hand how any platform can chug for a moment due to high-level TECHNICs, I completely understand the reasons behind the change.

Now, await the sigh of relief as non-techers will no longer have to endure the blinding lights of LV31+ Dambarta and Regrant. :lol:

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 08:37 AM
man, that tech update is fucking wack.

let's do the same thing for level 21+ melee too plx, it slows my computer down when I have to see the third combo of melee pa's >< (insert sarcasm here). fucking bullshit.

thanks for telling me this now ST, after I work my ass off to get all capped 40 techs. I feel like curbstomping some ST execs now. >:[

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 08:40 AM
more missions will be unlocked through puzzle again, so worry, deragan is just the first boss. and why not? I think everybody really want to know what will he drop on lv 150+ right? ;P

but anyway, I request an option for PC user to set whether they want to see other players use high LV tech or not! That tech update is really a bad news for me :/ (do you think they can change option by patch?, if not possible then ,I hope it from next expansion....so long :/)

Jarek
Jun 24, 2008, 08:57 AM

Pretty much what I thought.
I'm not saying I like causing lag for others, but this is a retarded 'fix'.

inb4 someone complains about techers whining again

Hurray for event though, I guess.

Telina
Jun 24, 2008, 08:59 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=694

System updates
* When a player uses a LV31+ attack TECHNIC, only the caster will see the full visual effect of it. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC with its LV21-30 visual effect.

As much as i like to see some of the visual slowdown issues being adressed i can't help but be kinda dispointed. There is no way to show off all of my hard work leveling my techs once this thing kicks in....

In the grand scheme its better, but i wish they'd created an option to have this perk working, not just force it on everyone.

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 09:06 AM
but anyway, I request an option for PC user to set whether they want to see other players use high LV tech or not! That tech update is really a bad news for me :/ (do you think they can change option by patch?, if not possible then ,I hope it from next expansion....so long :/)

I agree, but it won't make a difference. The JP playerbase is primarily all PS2, and this is another bs example of ST putting in the "easymoed" fix and catering to the JP playerbase.

I think I'm done if this change goes into the US servers. It's just like devoting the time into finding a good rare, then ST saying: "well, the weapon has too much glow effect, so we won't fix the glow effect, but we'll limit only the user to being able to see it."

That's too big of a hit for me to even care about MF.
Man, it's disgusting that this company WILL NOT WORK TO RESOLVE ISSUES CORRECTLY, but they are more then willing to put in an easy fix that directly pisses off half their community. Way to fucking go.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 09:11 AM
Nope, that doesn't seem correct, where did you get the information about JP contain more PS2 user than PC ?

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
Nope, that doesn't seem correct, where did you get the information about JP contain more PS2 user than PC ?

Isn't it?
I assumed it was, due to the constant posts on here that indicate the JP ps2 userbase is rather large.

If there are more PC users on the JP servers, the change makes even less sense...

burninglink5
Jun 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
I agree, but it won't make a difference. The JP playerbase is primarily all PS2, and this is another bs example of ST putting in the "easymoed" fix and catering to the JP playerbase.

I think I'm done if this change goes into the US servers. It's just like devoting the time into finding a good rare, then ST saying: "well, the weapon has too much glow effect, so we won't fix the glow effect, but we'll limit only the user to being able to see it."

That's too big of a hit for me to even care about MF.
Man, it's disgusting that this company WILL NOT WORK TO RESOLVE ISSUES CORRECTLY, but they are more then willing to put in an easy fix that directly pisses off half their community. Way to fucking go.

I agree. This is the stupidest shit I've heard of in this game. While their at it, why don't they take the special glow effects away from S rank rifles and melee weapons for other people in the party? I rarely ever complain about Sega no matter how stupid they are, but now this is the last straw.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder what will be next...Dulk Fakis meteor is too big, let's reduce it to a diga lvl 21 size and only dulk fakis can see its real effect >_>

About the event, at least the event looks nice, with some things from mag (hit the counter) and some things from lightning carnival (megi spheres), and looks like it will have SEED contamination kinda like firebreak, right?

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 09:26 AM
System updates

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS.

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry but I lol'd at the people bawing over not being able to show off their techs.

Other than that, awesome event and I think its a great way to conclude the storyline.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 09:28 AM
Thats because there is no other fucking reason to level them but to show them off.

What the fuck is this shit. SEGA is effing retarded. the moment we get this update is the moment i quit this game.

Dead serious. If they are resulting to methods this fucked up to make this game better, then there is absolutely NO future for PSU. This is mediocrity at its absolute lowest.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry but I lol'd at the people bawing over not being able to show off their techs.

Me and I guess some other ppl here don't care about showing off our techs, but we would like to be able to see the other players techs with their 31+ pretty effects <.<

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
this is something US server will never see if they don't ("later at some point") make option for us to choose.
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1984/psu20080413133241021ud6.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7043/psu20080413124834002fr7.jpg
http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu13906.jpg

Golto
Jun 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
How things are going now we might get that tech system update before MasterForce so hardly no one will be able to be blinded/lagged to hell by lvl 41+ techs.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 09:32 AM
So if i start complaining about the third combo of the photon arts un-loading the animation of my character are they going to take away the third combo animation for everyone else?

God sega is fucking retarded

joefro
Jun 24, 2008, 09:36 AM
Damnit. I just got almost all of the attack technics to 21+ on my acrotecher and I am ready to go forte. I guess I'll stick with acro. I hate you PS2. ><

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 09:49 AM
There is no reason to be a force anymore. They already sucked without good gear, but now there is just really no reason COSMETICALLY to be a force anymore, and cosmetics are the one feature that drive this game and set it apart from other MMO Grinders. I might as well scrap my nuker now and just create a beast Fortefighter like the rest of the broken population.

Phantasy Star Universe is a Free-To-Play game with a Pay-To-Play subscription. These are the kinds of system updates stupid games like FlyFF and Maplestory receive to cater to the little 10 year old kids with shitty graphics hardware. Absolutely pathetic.

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2008, 09:54 AM
Just decided to go over some recent Japanese PSU blog posts, and the general reaction seems to be the same as ours. A lot of people are pissed and wondering why PC players aren't being given the option to keep the LV31+ visuals.

RegulusHikari
Jun 24, 2008, 09:54 AM

Other than that, awesome event and I think its a great way to conclude the storyline.

This isn't about showing off, this is about principle. Sonic Team just reared it's ugly head once again and applied this 'fix' like all of the rest. Half-assed.

We aren't 'bawwwing' because we can't show off, we're fucking pissed cuz ST lives for shitting on it's fanbase for as long as it can squeeze money from it. This is not how you run a business, sorry. You don't fix problems by creating more just because it's more convenient for yourself.

This doesn't concern a non-Force player like myself, but any more damages to this community and I might as well pay $10 to stare at a brick wall with my thumb up my ass.

It's obvious that the only way to get your way with ST is to scream and pout the loudest. If they don't know we don't approve, how will they know to fix it? ST doesn't react to kind requests and petitions; anyone who's been here for at least a month should know that.

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2008, 09:57 AM
It's obvious that the only way to get your way with ST is to scream and pout the loudest. If they don't know we don't approve, how will they know to fix it? ST doesn't react to kind requests and petitions; anyone who's been here for at least a month should know that.
For what it's worth, the Japanese population is pissed about it, too. Perhaps their negative reaction will prod SonicTeam to fix their "fix."

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 09:57 AM

lol, "showing off". it's not even about that man, if you actually read what the complaints are.

I want to see everything thats going on, all players abilities/weapons/skills/pa's at their full potential. My PC can run it, why the hell should I have to care about ps2 players that can't. They don't want to upgrade or get a decent video card for PC, I shouldn't be gimped because of it.

This needs a toggle option in the menu for PC users, no way around it. It isn't about showing shit off, its about ST making a decision to put a blanket visual gimp on everyone, regardless if they want it or not. It's ST laziness at it's finest again, and that's why I'm fucking fired up about this.

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 10:03 AM
That is such BS, I really wanted to show off LV41+ Megid and I know lot of people would love to see that in action

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 10:03 AM
Well guys, congradulations, this game is rapidly becoming PSO.

The Force classes are now officially a FUCKING joke.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 10:07 AM
This isn't about

actually, from my experience, there is useless to complain anything from this server, SoJ only hear JP. I don't think any of japanese GMs will care to look on English site lol. I assume most of them have very bad level on English anyway.
However, common sense tell me that JP players will complain this a lot, so they will fix it in some way. (I bet they will add it into setting option, however, I wonder if it is possible to do it without expansion disk or not)

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 10:17 AM
Isn't it?
I assumed it was, due to the constant posts on here that indicate the JP ps2 userbase is rather large.

If there are more PC users on the JP servers, the change makes even less sense...
I think there are more PC user out there.
however, because they stated "spec require" for PC users since started. Anybody who play this game with the PC spec they asked for since the game released, shouldn't need to upgrade anything to play the same game. It is just for the responsible that they need to fix it to meet the spec requirement they asked since start for both PS2(since they made it for PS2) and PC (for people who have the same spec as what they asked in the past). it is not only PS2 user problem for this. Actually, PC user who don't have very high spec will not survive the laggyness from this.
You haven't tried lv 41+ tech yet. so you might not know that it is much more laggy than the lv 31+. my laptop that has quiet high spec will laggy if there are more than 3 MF in party, However, my main PC can run this very good (I alway upgrade this PC)

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 10:19 AM
I think it would take a very large update patch to physically change the menu options. Patch would be too big for Playstation memory to hold so I think that is out of the question.

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
I wonder if it is possible to do it without expansion disk or not)

Yes, it is possible. If you remember, they implemented extra video features for the PC side into v1 around the time AOI was announced to be in development. We got mipmap, anistropic (sp?) lighting for weapon glow, and a few other features.

It's absurd why this was not added into the game options as well.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
I think it would take a very large update patch to physically change the menu options. Patch would be too big for Playstation memory to hold so I think that is out of the question.

Actually, that patch should just be for the pc version.

stukasa
Jun 24, 2008, 10:25 AM
For what it's worth, the Japanese population is pissed about it, too. Perhaps their negative reaction will prod SonicTeam to fix their "fix."
I hope so. I normally don't complain about updates but this is the worst one I've ever seen in PSU. :dead: This needs to be a setting option like frame skip and post effects...

Inazuma
Jun 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
i agree w/ everyone else. this really needs to be an option for pc players.

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yes, it is possible. If you remember, they implemented extra video features for the PC side into v1 around the time AOI was announced to be in development. We got mipmap, anistropic (sp?) lighting for weapon glow, and a few other features.

Actually you are right, these menu settings are saved on Server side. Sometimes on rare occasion I play on PC and PS3.

I have music shut off on my characters on PC and If I go to PS3 the music is still shut off. If I turn music on PS3 and later go on PC the music is still on.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 10:34 AM

thank! :D , nice to know that, then all I need is just waiting for it. I m sure they might need some times because those kind is a big update.

unicorn
Jun 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
My lvl 31+ zonde will be 21 again? ;.;

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah, they should seriously have a PC option that says "high level VFX".

And if they REALLY want to improve performance for the people with horrible hardware, they can go ahead and nerf the VFX on the photon arts as well.

My lvl 31+ zonde will be 21 again? ;.;

As far as everyone except you is concerned.

Eleina
Jun 24, 2008, 10:48 AM
Oh noes techers can't showoff and blind ppl with flashy techs...I don't see what the whole fuss is about <.<

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
Oh noes techers can't showoff and blind ppl with flashy techs...I don't see what the whole fuss is about <.<

Did you hear about the second part of the update?

the one where all the S-rank weapons you have stay the same on your screen but show up as A-rank weapons to the Party?

Yeah, lets see who bitches now.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 10:52 AM

Some of us actually like seeing other players high lvl techs <.<

kevington
Jun 24, 2008, 10:54 AM

the one where all the S-rank weapons you have stay the same on your screen but show up as A-rank weapons to the Party?

I was about to post something similar to this.

Everyone who plays PSU knows that a certain amount of tolerance for Sonic Team's... shortcomings goes with the territory, but this is ridiculous. As someone who's played techer since day 1, I find this is extremely annoying.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 10:56 AM

xD!!!

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 11:12 AM

Pretty much already tried to state the same thing.
It has nothing to do with showing off, it's a personal preference of wanting to see the techs or not. This is NOT something that should be a blanket decision by ST, especially if the user has a PC more then capable of running a party full of techers with 41+ spells.

This is an example of horrible programming and laziness, which I hope people posting the tl;dr "LOLFT" nonsense will read the thread over and realize.

This is the same thing if ST made your S rank melee A ranks, your 50%'s magically being visible as only 20%'s, S rifles only being visible as phantoms, etc, etc. It's nonsense and pointless. Let people see the fucking techs if they choose to.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 11:15 AM
This is the same thing if ST made your S rank melee A ranks, your 50%'s magically being visible as only 20%'s, S rifles only being visible as phantoms, etc, etc. It's nonsense and pointless. Let people see the fucking techs if they choose to.

LOL that would be hillarious

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 11:16 AM
umm well ^^;. it is just a quick shot to enable PS2 user to enjoy the up coming event. I think the full fix for PC option will come after later. it need sometimes.

Eleina
Jun 24, 2008, 11:17 AM

It could be worse, it could be like what a non expansion player sees when an expansion player uses expansion weapons :O

People also need to realize this is only just about to happen on Japan. Chances are that JP players will bitch enough to make this system update be revised and thus we wouldn't even get it on our servers..

Zarode
Jun 24, 2008, 11:27 AM
But if this update is kept, and I have Masterforces in my team...

I won't know if I have to kick them for using low level techs or not. :| Wonderful.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
umm well ^^;. it is just a quick shot to enable PS2 user to enjoy the up coming event. I think the full fix for PC option will come after later. it need sometimes.

We can only pray Arika!

we can only pray...

Its only a matter of time before all of the party members are blue silhouettes and all weapons are C rank default models.

Oh yeah, by that time Techers would have been deleted from the game. It was SEGA's ultimate Troll plan from the start

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
People also need to realize this is only just about to happen on Japan. Chances are that JP players will bitch enough to make this system update be revised and thus we wouldn't even get it on our servers..

I think this is what the majority of people playing on the NA/EU servers are hoping for this morning.

C'mon JP! BITCH BITCH BITCH!!!

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 11:34 AM
Don't worry, they will do it because JPers complain about it. :wacko:
only matter of time...how long would that take.

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 11:35 AM
Good news for melee players... I mean when im close to monsters , i dont see where i hit with the BIG techs animation, it burn my eyes lol, and it makes more lag. i know that TECHERS are pissed but its like u smoke too much and u have to smoke a bit less to keep non-smokers healthy lol.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 11:36 AM
Except when we smoke we look so much awesomer than you guys

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 11:41 AM
lol in what smoking make u awesomer ? killing yourself by smoking is iddiot and not awesome, wasting your money to kill yourself when pple die becuz they have nothing to eat, ye it's awesome.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 11:41 AM
yea i never realized techs make u lag until my friends with all their lvl 40 spells with my fighter and i was like aaahhhhh what is his X.x

I dont mind seeing them as 21 spells >.> if i wanna see 41+ spells GO GET YOUR OWN lol

dont complain and make my game lag and full of nonsense spells just Bcuz u wanna see it lol just go get your own spells that level and be happy and be like HAHA MY FOIE'S BIGGAR THAN YOURS!

ok and what i really feel is, aww man i really really really wanted to have a party of 6 MF, all using lvl 41+ spells T_T

most likely we'll get this update before Master classes too so i wont even get to see it for myself >.>

xNLSx AssassiN
Jun 24, 2008, 11:43 AM

If a techer acculy takes the time to lvl there tech up to a high lvl, then they deserve to show them off becasue it takes a hell of a lot longer than striking arts to lvl, thats y u see so many FF runnin around because they can lvl there PAs 3x faster than gunners or techers, if this shit goes threw looks like its time to become a half ass fighter an sell my psychos an buy some repcas :-(

Eleina
Jun 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
If a techer acculy takes the time to lvl there tech up to a high lvl, then they deserve to show them off becasue it takes a hell of a lot longer than striking arts to lvl, thats y u see so many FF runnin around because they can lvl there PAs 3x faster than gunners or techers, if this shit goes threw looks like its time to become a half ass fighter an sell my psychos an buy some repcas :-(You can afk bullets and techs though!

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 11:53 AM
I seen a screen shot of 2 players using combination lv 50 tech before, they just look sooo cool. I want to do that when it come to our server :/

As much as i like to see some of the visual slowdown issues being adressed i can't help but be kinda dispointed. There is no way to show off all of my hard work leveling my techs once this thing kicks in....

Thats because there is no other fucking reason to level them but to show them off.

That is such BS, I really wanted to show off LV41+ Megid and I know lot of people would love to see that in action

Some of us actually like seeing other players high lvl techs <.<

lol, "showing off". it's not even about that man, if you actually read what the complaints are.

Oh I did. Maybe you should actually read what the complaints are Cracka.

I think there's a possibility that SEGA changed some of the graphics options so like where as a "HIGH" setting you would see 31+ techs and medium would have the gimp graphic reductions on techs 31+

Golto
Jun 24, 2008, 11:54 AM
If they wanted to decrease lag on ps2 they should disable auras on other chars too. Puyo starts to lag me with 2-3 people.

burninglink5
Jun 24, 2008, 11:55 AM
You can afk bullets and techs though!
Your point? Even when AFK leveling, bullets and techs take 3 times as long to level as skills would.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 11:57 AM
Your point? Even when AFK leveling, bullets and techs take 3 times as long to level as skills would.

when AFK leveling it takes longer than skills but with equal effort lol

speaking of leveling PAs i have to go lvl up a laser from 1-21 right after i level up my anga redda from 1-21.

my cast is gonna feel horrible when i get to the lasers lol

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 11:57 AM
If they wanted to decrease lag on ps2 they should disable auras on other chars too. Puyo starts to lag me with 2-3 people.
lol PS2 suck

Eleina
Jun 24, 2008, 11:59 AM

With AFK lvling you can play more or less 24/7 most ppl cannot play PSU for 8 hours a day so yea.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Just another way to fuck techers over. I hope this piece of shit tech update never reaches here.
I've been a techer for 3000+ hours, and this the treatment we get?\

So Fuck you fighter mains, I'll never change my ways to how I treat you

kevington
Jun 24, 2008, 12:00 PM

The only point is that Eleina came off looking like a jerk and now he/she/it is in desperate damage control mode. Of course, simply saying "sorry," is too much effort for someone like this.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 12:05 PM
<sarcasm>
Maybe they should make nanoblasts and SUVs not viewable by other players too <.<
</sarcasm>

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:06 PM
It's funny to see pple complain about that . Seriously , smaller TECHs doesnt mean less dmg and doesnt mean ur noob. You pple should care more about real problems in real life than the size of whatever in psu >.>

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
It's funny to see pple complain about that . Seriously , smaller TECHs doesnt mean less dmg and doesnt mean ur noob. You pple should care more about real problems in real life than the size of whatever in psu >.>

This game is all about eyecandy, looks>efficiency xD

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
Anyone else think that maybe it's time for Japan to upgrade?

Also, anyone thought of telling the GM's here that this is one update we DON'T want to see (for once)

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
Oh I did. Maybe you should actually read what the complaints are Cracka.

Well, that's great that you took the time to gather all those quotes, and still managed to miss the point entirely.

I think there's a possibility that SEGA changed some of the graphics options so like where as a "HIGH" setting you would see 31+ techs and medium would have the gimp graphic reductions on techs 31+

This isn't what was initially reported, but as we have been discussing, we'll have to wait and see if an option of the sort gets added for PC side players. As it stands right now, everyone gets gimped whether they like it or not.

zandra117
Jun 24, 2008, 12:10 PM
振り向いた その後ろの 正面だぁれ?
When you turn around, who is that behind you?
暗闇に 爪を立てて 夜を引き裂いた
Bury your claws in the darkness and shred the night.

雨だれは血のしずくとなって頬を
The raindrops turn to drops of blood
つたい落ちる
and trickle down your cheek.
もうどこにも帰る場所が無いなら
If you have no place to return to anymore.

この指止まれ 私の指に
Stop on this finger, my finger.
その指ごと 連れてってあげる
I'll take all your fingers away.
ひぐらしが鳴く 開かずの森へ
In the forbidden forest where the evening cicadas cry.
後戻りは もう出来ない
You cannot turn back anymore.

chaostroop3
Jun 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe 41+ still get there looks

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
This game is all about eyecandy, looks>efficiency xD
Too bad for you, in real life efficiency > looks, or sexy pple would have diplomas. By the way, i'm surprised that pple cares more about their char than themself in rl lol. They're like : " everybody watch me im so wonderful !!" and u see them in myspace they're so fuggly/immature lol

Golto
Jun 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
This kind of system update is simple so it shouldn't take the 4+ months that the pa exp rebalance did.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
The problem about this "update" is that the players on pc version that have a good enough computer to have a full party of Masterforces using lvl 50 techs are also being forced to see those as lvl 30 techs, even if they wanted to see them as lvl 50...

Too bad for you, in real life efficiency > looks, or sexy pple would have diplomas. By the way, i'm surprised that pple cares more about their char than themself in rl lol. They're like : " everybody watch me im so wonderful !!" and u see them in myspace they're so fuggly/immature lol

PSU isn't real life...
One of the reasons ppl get S rank weapons is because of their looks, not because they're better...Grinded A ranks are better than S ranks, and are easier to get <.<

CAVAOUBIEN
Jun 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
I wonder if the japanese complain with as many "shits" and "fucks". If not, then surely they must have a serious vocabulary problem, which may cause SEGA not to understand the subject of the complaint.

It's amazing the depth and subtle meanings found in all the permutations of "fuck" and "shit". It also makes very powerful arguments no doubt.

CAVAOUBIEN

kevington
Jun 24, 2008, 12:20 PM

Do you have any idea how ridiculous and hypocritical you sound? Since we're discussing a videogame on a videogame message board, your analogies to real world scenarios fail. Vidoegames are a visual medium that people play for fun. Drastically reducing a large part of what makes the game fun for a significant segment of the game's population is worth complaining about.

Oh, and if you're going to continue to suggest that someone might be "immature," you might want to reduce the number of misspellings and internet speak letter jumbles in your posts.

Eleina
Jun 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
The only point is that Eleina came off looking like a jerk and now he/she/it is in desperate damage control mode. Of course, simply saying "sorry," is too much effort for someone like this.

Huh? Person A said that Techers DESERVE the flashy animation becuase Techs are way harder than skills to lvl. I Just pointed out that techs can be maxed out without even trying by AFK leveling them. Sorry you can't read what was posted a few posts above. (If anyone came off looking like a jerk it was yourself by making this dumb attack on me).

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, that's great that you took the time to gather all those quotes, and still managed to miss the point entirely.

How did I miss the point? My point was simple: I lol'd over the people who bawed about not being able to show off their techs. Simple as that.

Oh I'm sorry I missed the point where this update gimps everyone on seeing techs. /sarcasm

I didn't miss the point, I just didn't feel like reiterating what everyone has already pointed out that SEGA possibly has failed again to provide a proper update without making it half assed.

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:23 PM
Do you have any idea how ridiculous and hypocritical you sound? Since we're discussing a videogame on a videogame message board, your analogies to real world scenarios fail. Vidoegames are a visual medium that people play for fun. Drastically reducing a large part of what makes the game fun for a significant segment of the game's population is worth complaining about.

Oh, and if you're going to continue to suggest that someone might be "immature," you might want to reduce the number of misspellings and internet speak letter jumbles in your posts.
I guess you don't know any other languages than your native. Try to speak french, you'll make more misspelling than me.

kevington
Jun 24, 2008, 12:24 PM

Yeah, that's not jerky at all.

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
Para VS. Cracka_J
Eleina VS. Kevington (VS. Kadajenova?)
Lol.

Anyways, as long as WE will keep our shiny TECHs, I'm not really concerned about that.
At any rate, again a nice update for JP, gib Shred the Darkness!! And the Higurashi OP theme quote made my eyes teary, it was such an awesome series, thanks for the reference, hahah.

edit:
Kadajenova your sig is scary. <.<

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds cool, but Im going to miss Lagging my friends with Dambarta at 31+ :razz: It will be nice though at some points not as much lag >>

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 12:31 PM

Also, we 360 players pay a premium for the promise of (among other things) beautiful graphics in High-Def. Other games for this platform have lived up to this hype. If Sega can't figure it out, next time don't bother. Outsource to someone else, like id Software, who has a fantastic reputation for cross-platform programming. Or actually grow a set of balls and learn how to abstract the shit out of your code yourself so it's easier to optimize on a per-platform basis.

Cracka_J
Jun 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
I didn't miss the point, I just didn't feel like reiterating what everyone has already pointed out that SEGA possibly has failed again to provide a proper update without making it half assed.

No, so instead of discussing how this update fails, you thought it would be funny to lol at the techers instead.

I've played all races, and I play all classes. I wouldn't want this happening to any of the classes, and I'd be siding with the FF's if their S rank, %, or nano visuals were taken away, the FG's if their gun visuals or suv's were removed, or the humans if they decided to make them into blue blurs.

But no, you decided to waste your time and LOL at them instead of discussing why people are really upset about this. So yeah, good show. You've managed to waste my time today too. (but not really cause I'm getting paid when I post...guess I get that last lol)

beatrixkiddo
Jun 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Finally, no more Rafoie-to-the-face-1fps >;D

Though I agree it should be an option, albeit an option I'll always have enabled.

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:38 PM
Nice dodge. You opened the can of worms with the crummy post I quoted. I was just watching your pattern of posts here after your "boo hoo techers" opening shot.

And people can type/ misspell/ misuse the language any way they like. However when someone (Kadajenova) mucks up the language and in the same post calls people immature and makes references to intelligence, well, it all doesn't hold up too well, does it?
Looks like you dodge too XD , u dodged my post about the fact english isnt my native language and i can do misspellings.

CAVAOUBIEN
Jun 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
However when someone (Kadajenova) mucks up the language (...)

Just in case you didn't get it, he's from France, and English isn't his first language.

CAVAOUBIEN
mais... ça va ou bien?

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
Also, we 360 players pay a premium for the promise of (among other things) beautiful graphics in High-Def. Other games for this platform have lived up to this hype. If Sega can't figure it out, next time don't bother. Outsource to someone else, like id Software, who has a fantastic reputation for cross-platform programming. Or actually grow a set of balls and learn how to abstract the shit out of your code yourself so it's easier to optimize on a per-platform basis.
Hmm, Phantasy Star DooM, that actually sounds pretty nice.

People have said it before, I'll say it again, SEGA isn't the great companie it was, thier games suck now.

I'd like to get Universe at war, but this game has shaken my faith in them so much, not even the gods at Westwood (now petroglyph) can convince me that this game doesn't suffer the same issues that PSU has.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
Spoilers: SEGA didn't make this game. Sonic Team did.

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Spoilers: SEGA didn't make this game. Sonic Team did.
Yeah your right. I guess it just shows how badly ST has fallen then, if their dragging their parent company down with them. If they were an independent gaming company, they simply would not be around anymore with this level of lazyness.

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
....what?

So only ugly people get diplomas and graduate now? What ugly planet do you live on xD

you know, sometimes Looks = Efficiency, like when it comes to PSU, dressy clothing and haircuts.
Did u ever saw some sexxy blonde with a Ph.D ? lol , and btw i almost agree with you about the fact that looks = efficiency, i would say looks + efficiency = win, but some pple careless about efficiency, they should work on both

Proto07
Jun 24, 2008, 12:51 PM
I wonder how the robot slowdown will be fixed... remove robots entirely? ;)

AlphaDragoon
Jun 24, 2008, 12:54 PM
It should be an option for PC players, but I don't know any PS2 player would wouldn't welcome their framerate not dropping to 1 everytime a techer unloads.

Overall, it's bad for some people and good for others, but we should have the choice. Although I do have to say that the people making that ridiculous retort of "let's make S rank melee weapons A rank" REALLY needed to use a different example, since no S rank I know of causes slowdown.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
wow sega

Best idea ever!! ST rule at solving things and not taking the easy way out! Maybe they can fix the robot slowdown on 360 by removing all bots so people cant see them!

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
i forgot :p

Im lying, i have her card in my wallet but im not telling you

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
Just another way to fuck techers over. I hope this piece of shit tech update never reaches here.
I've been a techer for 3000+ hours, and this the treatment we get?

So Fuck you fighter mains, I'll never change my ways to how I treat you

You know, I distinctly remember the first PA nerf, all the Techers were laughing at all the Hunters. Karma never fails to please.

This isn't even going to fix anything, as most of the level 21 Techs lag just as badly (or worse, like Rafoie) than their 31+ counterparts.

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 01:43 PM
Im sorry to all the FT...........:dead:.....:D At FTW!!!!!

kua1
Jun 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
Good. I don't want to see the techers stupid effects anyways.

Mr_Confused
Jun 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
i dont know why everyone is so worked up over this tech update i mean i like to show off techs as much as the next guy but who really cares whether you have a lvl 31 tech. If you use a lvl 31 tech in a party sure youll get some people to say wow or that looks cool but i mean why does that matter. If having someone you may or may not know tell you that you are awesome for having all lvl 40 tech makes you feel good then you need to get a life. If you leveld your tech just to show off then your stupid, why on earth would you go through the trouble of lvling your techs just to hear that they look cool. i mean thats just sad.

i spend more time complaining about lagging from a lvl 31 tech than i do praising the person who is using it. in then end it doesnt matter whether or not your party sees your techs at lvl 31 cause all it does is inflate your ego so big that you come on a forum to complain that you cant show off anymore. if you have lvl 31 techs congrats but dont expect me to remember your name after im done partying. how many times have you heard "i played with so-and-so and they had high lvl techs they were awesome" at the end of the day you are still just some person who has spent more time playing a video game than someone else. if you want praise for that fine, but if that is the only reason you play, well, "GET A FUCKING LIFE"

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
Good. I don't want to see the techers stupid effects anyways.
100% agree

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
100% agree

im with you guys in this :D cus i dont wanna go blind with 41+ techs

Sidney
Jun 24, 2008, 02:01 PM
I wish there was an option to view 31+ techs on PS2 - they really don't lag me that badly. I actually don't experience THAT much lag to begin with. Also, to those who say "PS2 USERS STOP BAWWING BUY A 3000 DOLLAR GAMING COMP ALREADY" - can it. Some of us feel we have more important things to spend our money on, like our education. I'd rather live with lag then spend a god-awful amount of money just so I can run some stupid MMORPG faster. I'd rather pay for my textbooks, kthx.

This update is horrible. Makes me feel like I wasted all of my time. And as many others have said, so many 21+ techs lag me worse. Sega needs to fix the programming instead of gimping the techers. And I'm sure you hunters would be sad if people couldn't see the final move to Ikk Hikk Jabroga Buten, or whatever your PAs are called.

Kylie
Jun 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
Yay! Espio posted it this time. :D

Wow. So bittersweet...

And Hit The Counter? Does this mean another kill board? :(

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
And Hit The Counter? Does this mean another kill board? :(

No signs of a leader board like MAG, but they will be keeping track of the teams who get each 100,000th kill for the servers.

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 02:25 PM
im with you guys in this :D cus i dont wanna go blind with 41+ techs

Am I the only melee person who likes seeing someone's 31+ techs?!

Skyly
Jun 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
Techs>Bullets>PAs

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 02:29 PM
I am no techer myself. I think nobody who did not spend freaking hours to get his techs up to the level they are cannot understand why this is so bad.

kevington
Jun 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
As has already been pointed out if ST decided to visually nerf
-SUVs
-Nanoblasts
-special effects and unique appearances of melee and range weapons

it would be meltdown city here.

Rayokarna
Jun 24, 2008, 03:06 PM
Nice to see that ST are thinking about the PS2 users. But I also can agree that it should be an option but a too.

I must admit, ST have something to make a decision like that, I see it as a step in the right direction...

ashley50
Jun 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
Yay for the JP servers and...Boo for US? ¬_¬

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
They should definitely make this an option for at least PC users (and if xbox360 doesn't lag with lvl 31+ and 41+ techs, this downgrade in visuals shouldn't even happen there) <.<
Me and some others here don't care about showing off our techs, but we like to see other players techs, for example to take pics, or just because they look nice...if we want to see other players using their techs with their real effects and have a good enough machine to see them without any type of lag, we shouldn't be forced to see those techs as lvl 21 techs, we should have an option to see them as 31+ or 41+ (depending on the tech)...

ThEoRy
Jun 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
It should be an option for PC players, but I don't know any PS2 player would wouldn't welcome their framerate not dropping to 1 everytime a techer unloads.

Overall, it's bad for some people and good for others, but we should have the choice. Although I do have to say that the people making that ridiculous retort of "let's make S rank melee weapons A rank" REALLY needed to use a different example, since no S rank I know of causes slowdown.

You missed the point. It's not about the slowdown. It's about working hard at something for a long time to achieve a certain coolness factor and then sega taking it all away. It was a good example, as it's the same thing only in reverse against striking characters.

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
Am I the only melee person who likes seeing someone's 31+ techs?!

As long as I'm not in the center of it I don't care.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
You missed the point. It's not about the slowdown. It's about working hard at something for a long time to achieve a certain coolness factor and then sega taking it all away. It was a good example, as it's the same thing only in reverse against striking characters.

Even if it were the melee weapons, it would suck but my opinion still stands, it's good for some and bad for others. Some people would just rather not have the slowdown than the cool effects.

And like I also said before, you should have the choice. That is where Sega failed.

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2008, 04:01 PM
Sonic Team failed when they decided to take the Mechgun Glitch route instead of actually addressing the problem.

You can only sweep shit under the rug for so long.

Xaeris
Jun 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm a bit surprised this has stirred up so much furor, though I guess I understand. Personally, I don't really care what other people see, so I say "meh."

Hope the exchange loot is good.

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2008, 04:18 PM
Let's try to stay on-topic folks.

On topic - Looks like it'll be interesting to somewhat re, revisit a Firebreak scene again.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 24, 2008, 04:21 PM

Hmmm

FAIL

Inazuma
Jun 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
ive been thinking about this a lot today and i dont think the main problem is slowdown. lv 41 techs are fucking massive and MF can cast a new one before the last one has a chance to disappear, so if you attempt to melee in a party w/ at least one MF, you will be BLIND for pretty much the entire fucking mission. its very common to see "MFx" in party comments on the jp ver.

not only is MF the worst type in offense and defense, but they force the mighty FM to do battle in a never ending blinding explosion, lol. must be a real pain in the ass for em >_>

it just sux how ST is going about this. making it an option is win/win and there is no reason not to give PC players that choice.

RadiantLegend
Jun 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
WACK! Im a fighter and on ps2 and i'm against this nerf.

unicorn
Jun 24, 2008, 06:25 PM
I dunno what all this PS2 lags from techs come from....but I sure as hell don't get tech-lag on my PS2. And I play on both PS2 AND PC. I do admit my PC runs faster, but my PS2 displays everything better (but then again, I have a crappy PC). I only get lag on the PS2 in large parties or when my wireless connection is fug.

A lot of PC users like to use the PS2 as a scapegoat. Well I personally know people who only play PC because it was HACKABLE and is easier to glitch than the PS2. So there.

Its unfair for techers, because right now, techs do lvl slower than bullets (they gained that x3 boost while techs get a x2 one). Techers don't do the best damage, and they do deserve some sort of bragging right. Its nice that I can see it, but I just wish everyone else saw how many hours I spent perfecting my art. I'm not an egotist, but I do like to throw a little fireworks display.

So wtf is the point of techers? I thought the only thing they were good at was making the battlefield pretty. Really. Fighters have moved into FO territory with their AoE skills, that outdamage any tech. Fighters are the anything killer with good gear. Gunners do the safest AoE with high defensive stats.....They also implement SEs much faster than techs.... Um yeah.. >_>;

ashley50
Jun 24, 2008, 06:37 PM
nerfing tech graphics lightshow?

Sounds great to me :)

Criss
Jun 24, 2008, 06:53 PM
I play PSU on a PC that can easily handle multiple 31+ techs, and I WANT to see the animations. They better give us an option to keep it on, else it fails greatly. ¬_¬

They shouldn't have to penalize those that actually bothered playing on decent hardware. I'm sure many other PC players will be pissed.

Aside from that, the event looks interesting. At least there's more than one single mission to spam over and over. Too bad we're 2~3 events behind.

Ken_Silver
Jun 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
Is this tech issue going to be a real problem? Or is it just something that the US/EU servers are going to baawww about and the JPN players are okay with.

Because if that's the issue, then no matter what we say, it won't mean nothing.

But I'll admit, wish I was with you guys on the JPN servers. Wish I knew Japanese fluently.

Shou
Jun 24, 2008, 07:13 PM
Are you FUCKING kidding me!?!?!?! I can't show off my fucking lvl 41 techs!?!?!?! Thats sooooooooooo stupid! Allright lets make it fair then.. every s-ranks weapon in the game can only be seen by the user and will look like an A rank by everyone else and you can't see other peoples auras as well. How boring... Why don't I go over and fire everyone at Sonic Team and run PSU myself! ...

ShadowDragon28
Jun 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
nerfing tech graphics lightshow?

Sounds great to me :)

Agreed.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 07:22 PM
Is this tech issue going to be a real problem? Or is it just something that the US/EU servers are going to baawww about and the JPN players are okay with.

Because if that's the issue, then no matter what we say, it won't mean nothing.

But I'll admit, wish I was with you guys on the JPN servers. Wish I knew Japanese fluently.

Someone posted that looks like the jp are complaining about this too (not sure about this though ^^;)

Gen2000
Jun 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
I guess I'm in the minority of those who doesn't give a damn how my techs look to others (I don't level my techs to show off, I leveled them so they suck less) . Though when it comes to things like this, to please the userbase it should be selectable option for those who want to see them not a flatout "meh lets downgrade everyone" type of deal.

Zorafim
Jun 24, 2008, 08:10 PM
Well, that's an interesting fix. I'm glad that I won't be slowed down nearly as much, seeing how my computer runs PSU a tenth as quickly as usual when a high level tech is used. I really hope this is a temporary fix, though, since it doesn't at all seem right to limit the visual aspect of the game like that.

That being said, I'm interested in how this event will end up. This was one of the neater parts of ep1, and it's where I feel the true climax was. I can't wait to see it in event form. I can expect the rewards to be interesting, seeing how we're still missing quite a few items seen in our data.

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
No, so instead of discussing how this update fails, you thought it would be funny to lol at the techers instead.

I've played all races, and I play all classes. I wouldn't want this happening to any of the classes, and I'd be siding with the FF's if their S rank, %, or nano visuals were taken away, the FG's if their gun visuals or suv's were removed, or the humans if they decided to make them into blue blurs.

But no, you decided to waste your time and LOL at them instead of discussing why people are really upset about this. So yeah, good show. You've managed to waste my time today too. (but not really cause I'm getting paid when I post...guess I get that last lol)

Not my fault you chose to waste your time on me. Why would SEGA take their nano visuals away? That makes no sense at all. You're just talking about hypothetical situations right now and I don't see why those situations matter because they didn't happen and there is no good reason to take them away anyways.

It's obvious that level 31+ techs are graphic intensive and that SEGA gimped them so that they don't cause people with lower end computers grief. Its that simple. Not everyone has a high end computer that can handle such nice visuals and SEGA's intent was just to even the playing field for those who lag from these visuals. If you can't see such an obvious point, then I lol even more.

Yes, there is a possibility that SEGA half assed this feature for other players who can take on these visuals but at least those who can't afford a high end PC benefit and still play with techers without creating a scene about graphical lag.

aquafire
Jun 24, 2008, 09:32 PM
This doesn't bother me at all and I've been FT since day one. I level them for me not others, but I agree that PC should have the on/off option.

Nanosystem
Jun 25, 2008, 04:17 AM
I hope the event rewards are cool. ^^ Also who is the woman next to Magashi? o_o?

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
Someone posted that looks like the jp are complaining about this too (not sure about this though ^^;)
Here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2063036&postcount=40) and here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2063041&postcount=42). ;) Right after this adjustment info was posted on the official site, a number of blogs lit up with anger (and a few with happiness). The Japanese community's reaction is the same as ours: some are livid, others are relieved.

Also who is the woman next to Magashi? o_o?
Helga Neumann. She's Howzer's assistant.

Anyway, for those of you who play on the Japanese servers, maintenance will be starting two hours earlier than normal (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=696) (9:00a.m. JST, June 26), but is scheduled to end by 6:00p.m. JST.

Arika
Jun 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hey, where did you look for those JP respond? is it on the ch2 channel? that site changed and lately, hard to search PSU stuff there.

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 10:36 AM
I've been reading reactions from the blogs listed in the RSS feed about mid-way down the front page of the Japanese PSU wiki (http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/index.php?TOP).

Cracka_J
Jun 25, 2008, 10:39 AM
Why would SEGA take their nano visuals away? That makes no sense at all.
Exactly.

You're just talking about hypothetical situations right now and I don't see why those situations matter because they didn't happen and there is no good reason to take them away anyways.

Correct, there is no good reason for nanos/suvs/or weapon appearances to be removed. Much like there is no reason to remove tech appearances for people that can run the game properly.

Is it that hard to understand? That's why the comparisons were being made. All I want is a toggle switch lol, I want to see all the visuals (even from others) that the game offers. I want to see and play the game the way it was intended to be seen and played. Not a gimped version due to complaints. That's all. There should be a choice.

And I don't got any beef with you man, I rarely take anything to heart that people post on message boards. Just 2 different opinions. I was just quite pissed by this gameplay change yesterday, and when the inevitable loltecher posts started coming in, it just added to it. So don't sweat it. And I apologize if I said anything that got you heated, this gameplay change really just struck a nerve with me.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2008, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't worry about this. The game will die out and the subscriptions will be closed by the time this update arrives.

Abashi76
Jun 26, 2008, 04:19 PM
O-O this is kind of weird. Would this be an attempt to lessen the lag which invariably comes from lvl 31 TECHNICS? So the one who casts is the only one to see the full lvl 31+ animation? It's kind of strange in a way that nothing would visually distinguish a lvl 31+ TECHNIC from a lvl 21+.

Perhaps it is only referring to the size on screen... anyway, I can't quite picture how this works really.

thanks for the update Espiokaos

CAVAOUBIEN

They should just get rid of the animations for PS2, and don't apply this at all to the PC. Us PC users can view them just fine without lagging.

MaRayearth
Jun 27, 2008, 01:54 AM

let's do the same thing for level 21+ melee too plx, it slows my computer down when I have to see the third combo of melee pa's >< (insert sarcasm here). fucking bullshit.

thanks for telling me this now ST, after I work my ass off to get all capped 40 techs. I feel like curbstomping some ST execs now. >:[

yep, me too...

tailz
Jun 28, 2008, 12:01 AM
I agree. This is the stupidest shit I've heard of in this game. While their at it, why don't they take the special glow effects away from S rank rifles and melee weapons for other people in the party? I rarely ever complain about Sega no matter how stupid they are, but now this is the last straw.

exactly... i didnt spend half my frikkin life getting all my techs to 31 before even knowing about the PA exp increase, sacrificing other activities (already a dumb mistake, i know) to sit a home leveling techs for the sole reason of looking awesome, just to have SEGA come in and take that away... ESPECIALLY once master classes come out and PAs go to lv50... what are they gonna do then? they still gonna look like 21?! where does the line get drawn?

granted, i do understand the lag issues and why sega would do this... but this should be an option, not a punishment... its not entirely sega's fault that players cant handle the visuals on their system, so why should the players that have NO lag issues have to suffer?

if this hits US servers, which i dont see why it wouldnt, theres not a chance in hell im staying... and i was plannin on playin until it was shut down :/

Nai_Calus
Jun 28, 2008, 12:13 AM
So you're planning on leaving because you can't wave your ePenis anymore.

Methinks you're playing PSU for the wrong reasons.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 28, 2008, 12:15 AM
exactly... i didnt spend half my frikkin life getting all my techs to 31 before even knowing about the PA exp increase, sacrificing other activities (already a dumb mistake, i know) to sit a home leveling techs for the sole reason of looking awesome, just to have SEGA come in and take that away... ESPECIALLY once master classes come out and PAs go to lv50... what are they gonna do then? they still gonna look like 21?! where does the line get drawn?

granted, i do understand the lag issues and why sega would do this... but this should be an option, not a punishment... its not entirely sega's fault that players cant handle the visuals on their system, so why should the players that have NO lag issues have to suffer?

if this hits US servers, which i dont see why it wouldnt, theres not a chance in hell im staying... and i was plannin on playin until it was shut down :/

You'll be able to see your own techs, no matter what level.

str898mustang
Jun 28, 2008, 01:04 AM
I think this tech update is pretty much BULLSHIT. Showing off our techs to other people is one of our "look good" factors. It goes the same with Fighters with their %'s and PA's also with Gunners with there bullet effect. Now a highly experienced MF is gonna like the same as a low lvl fT with lvl21 PA's. I say this again, BULLSHIT.