PDA

View Full Version : Starting Second Character.. What should I go for?

Zumafire
Jun 24, 2008, 02:19 PM
I've been playing PSU from the beginning but at a very casual pace. Just recently I've started to really get into it. I'm looking to start a 2nd character. Right now I have a Newman Male (lvl 77) Foretecher (lvl 15). I really enjoy playing him but I can't help but feel I'm missing out on some of the other things PSU has to offer.
I'm looking at you Phantasy Star Fans! What do you think are some of the Best combinations when it comes to Classes and jobs? What are some of the worst?
Even though I've been playing off and on since 2006 I still feel like a n00b. Break it down for me... Thanks in advance.

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
One of my favorite classes is acrofighter, you could mabey try Striking weapons and classes. Since you were a techer as well you could mabey do that and start attacking monsters directly for a change of pace :razz:

Vent
Jun 24, 2008, 02:26 PM
To get a feeling on the two different playing types besides teching, I suggest Protranser. It can use both melee and ranged weapons, so you'll experience most out if it in a single go.

Aside from that...it's really up to yourself to decide.

darkante
Jun 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
I really though like Fortegunner on my Cast figurenes.

Shotgun is a killer weapon on high lv lets say 21.
Laser Cannon is like a Barta spells, goes through one line and hits everything in the way and it got great dmg with itīs element boost...shame it levels slowly.
Rifle is killer with elements on lv 31+ Stun and high element boost does make things die fast.
Crossbow is king in mobile distance weaponry at lv 21 with lv 3 status effect and good damage.
And for backup..Spear with Majarra on big monster with bullet resistance and several hit parts....no contest about that.

Worst? Obviously FT on Cast, but hey if itīs fun for you go for it.

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
Female newman fortefighter. there nuf said.

AngelanWM
Jun 24, 2008, 02:46 PM
Looks like you have Newman and TECH covered.

So there are two choices left

HUNTER
RANGER

And Three Races left

BEAST
CAST
HUMAN

Now to be quite honest - unless you are to switch jobs a lot there really is not much need to be a human since Newman is very similar in stats and gameplay. So you could play it safe and be;

BEAST HUNTER
CAST RANGER

or you could mix it up.

BEAST RANGER - muscles for some reason make guns hurt more?
CAST HUNTER - Hydraulics and Cyber-eyes never miss accuracy wise.

With Events and so much MP if you made a hunter be them all. ForteFighter, Figunner, and Acrofighter. If you beocme a Ranger then be them all - fortegunner, Guntecher, and uhh... Figunner XD

Zumafire
Jun 24, 2008, 02:50 PM
WOW!! you guys don't mess around!! Great advice!! Keep it coming!! I'm getting excited!

ashley50
Jun 24, 2008, 03:02 PM
Experimentation and Trying the classes yourself should give you the best decision.

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, it looks like you have a whole chunk of opportunities in your grasp since you only seem to have played fT.

I personally would say to try a fighter or gunner of any kind, something different since you're used to teching. Since you have a newman, I'd also suggest trying to make a different race.

chaostroop3
Jun 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
im techer 2 and i found that protrancer and FF are great change of pace ^_^

and dragwing when did u become MOD?

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
Get either a beast or a cast to experience the specials.

Both Beasts and casts are good at any gunner and any fighter types!

if u want, just pick and gunner/fighter type and just see if u like it :)

I suggest Protransers for the use of traps is a nice change of pace, and the mixture of striking weapons and guns is nice too.

Sometimes i just get bored of my Cast FG, so i made a Beast fighter to fix my boredom in this game lol. its also my least worked on character and possibly least played. (its ok Kitty i still <3 u lol)

DC_Seraph
Jun 25, 2008, 01:21 AM
Make a cast and make him/ her a fighgunner thts wut i started as and i still paly as him he is a lvl 130... i been playing on my newman lately though

Gcen
Jun 25, 2008, 01:34 AM
A Cast Fightgunner easy to play and level you can hunt stuff on your Newman for it grab a stormline and Paradi I have one of each char and my lowest is my beast at 71, two 130 chars Newman and my Human the cast is now 84.

When your cast is leveled up you can then use it to hunt for items that would be hard to hunt on your newman and your newman can hunt in places your cast would have issues in. It really helps you to not get completely board as sometimes leveling techs can be annoying like Megiverser.

Alia
Jun 25, 2008, 01:57 AM
Fortefighter. Play the extreme opposite of your main! I'll bet you'll find it refreshing!

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 25, 2008, 02:02 AM
Just make your newman a fortefighter.

Mewnie
Jun 25, 2008, 02:20 AM
Beast.

Any other choice is a bad one >:3

Elley
Jun 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
Beast Fighgunner is very fun to play and solos extremely well.

Miyuki
Jun 25, 2008, 01:05 PM
Started out my main as human FT F (always will be my main) and branched out to WT and AT cause I like the whips. Made my alt a cast fG and have surprisingly enjoyed it. Cast gives me flexibility if I want to go hunter or ranger so I've tried out FG, PT, GT, FF, AT on the same character. Enjoyed FG, PT, and AT more than I thought I would. I would definately consider cast or beast (too ugly) to try something different - you may or may not like it - but very handy in timed missions.
Maybe you should just find weapons you want to use and go with the classes that can equip those items?

When your cast is leveled up you can then use it to hunt for items that would be hard to hunt on your newman and your newman can hunt in places your cast would have issues in. It really helps you to not get completely board as sometimes leveling techs can be annoying like Megiverser.

This is very true too. Also nice to have a alternative if one character has better luck than the other.

Magician
Jun 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Cast Protranser. SUV = Love. Use a regular attack with an Axe, you'll find that you hate them. Then use an Axe with Jabroga, you'll find that you love them (BIG NUMBARZ MAKE ME HARD!!!). Grenades are awesome, but no master classes can use them (WTF!?). Longbows are sechsier than laser cannons but do less dps, but longbows do SEs better, tough call there. S rank knuckles too; ikk hikk is slooooooow, but it's the sweetest looking pa out there (drunken master, ftw) after level 41 techs.

You've only used fT until now? So much more in PSU to experience. :)

Sexy_Raine
Jun 25, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'd say Fortegunner, that's just me. Melee is such a boring fighting style and overplayed, unless it's single hand melee(Acro classes), which is at least a little enjoyable IMO

Umberger
Jun 25, 2008, 03:09 PM
My main is a Fortetecher, and I found CAST Fortefighter (well, that's what he is at the moment, I like to bounce between Fortefighter and Fortegunner on him, especially now that the PA update is out) to be a great change of pace. It's not hard to buy decent equipment, and you can get by with just a few PAs as a Fortefighter as long as they're leveled. It ends up working out great, because if you ever want to level melee or bullet PAs, you can use your Newman (low ATP), and if you ever want to level TECHNICs, you can use your CAST (low TP)...both sides of the spectrum.

Anything works, I'm just a sucker for SUVs. =p