PDA

View Full Version : No MAG or content update for June 27

Skyly
Jun 24, 2008, 02:30 PM
I am sorry to say we are not going to have the MAG extension or any other update during this weeks maintenance. While a July 4 MAG extension is still possible we may be forced to wait until July 18, which would be after we move the PSU servers to the new SEGA of America Headquarters. July 18 is also now when we are expecting the next permanent content update as well.

Again to all the players waiting for Maximum Attack G rewards, we are really sorry that the extension and rewards have been pushed back so far. We have passed your complaints to Sonic Team and SEGA management and they are well aware that this is a disappointment.

-ChillAura

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=81913

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
Oops, a bit late! ^^;
Still thank you. :p

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145322

DOOMY DOOOOOM
Jun 24, 2008, 02:32 PM
Jebus Christ...

Skyly
Jun 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
BAWWW LOL

blkbeast
Jun 24, 2008, 02:38 PM
wtf...omg
this game is a joke...
y tha fuck doesnt jap severs ever have fuck ups...
like idget it its really really broken system only for tha u.s...

Mysterious-G
Jun 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
wtf...omg
only for tha u.s...

Good, I will blame only the US for the lacking content for us Europeans then. :wacko:

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
Why segac would care about 10k players only ? The only thing they care is our money. As far as I know, JP servers never had a single problem since PSU launch.

Deissa
Jun 24, 2008, 02:44 PM
Woo! Another month of no PSU!

Seriously though, anyone with a grain of common sense saw this coming.

(btw, this is why people complain)

Chanhopper
Jun 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
Heh fine with me, gives me more time to lvl techs, and i'll be done with summer school by then =p

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
Well, some positives and negatives to this for some people I've talked to. I do like the bit of extra time to level up some other stuff while I wait, but I also am a bit itchy for the rewards ;o

All in all though, its good that they acknowledge our feelings to Sonic Team and SEGA management. Its great that they're letting us know whats going on as well rather than leaving us to wonder.

Zorafim
Jun 24, 2008, 03:50 PM
So, three more weeks of bullet leveling before I start trying to unlock gunmaster... Ah, I was really hoping Sega would use this time between events to catch us up with PSUjp.

McLaughlin
Jun 24, 2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, clearly just tacking it onto the end of the event would have COMPLETELY fucked their update schedule.

Completely.

Nirvash7
Jun 24, 2008, 05:01 PM
And Segac does it again! My PSU account was suspended recently due to the fact that I don't have any money on my pre-paid debit card, and that's how it's gonna stay until Segac gets their heads out of their asses and starts acting professionally.

See you guys in (hopefully) 24 days!!!

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 05:07 PM
as I stated before in free period thread, actually I knew this for a long while that they need to fix the billing server first until we can get the new MAG.
billing server update is the most important update anyway. and they just can't fix it, until now, they seem to wait for the whole new billing server on June 18.
I expected that we will must get a real boost update from then.

EDIt: if what they said about July 18 will get both perminant content and MAG, then it mean, we get 2 weeks delay and then get double update on July 18. so nothing out of schedule in overall.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 05:44 PM
as I stated before in free period thread, actually I knew this for a long while that they need to fix the billing server first until we can get the new MAG.
billing server update is the most important update anyway. and they just can't fix it, until now, they seem to wait for the whole new billing server on June 18.
I expected that we will must get a real boost update from then.

EDIt: if what they said about July 18 will get both perminant content and MAG, then it mean, we get 2 weeks delay and then get double update on July 18. so nothing out of schedule in overall.

Even though we won't get anything out of schedule, it still means no updates at all for a month...I think I'll just take a break from psu until then.

Frozensword
Jun 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
I was hoping MAG would start back by school and I would get the prizes before school, but one week into the extension I will be back in school. If it is extended one more time I will quit PSU and I will get my guild to quit PSU. All this MAG is is junk. I am thinking about doing it now. It was suppose to be in the middle of June first, then late June, July 4, and now July 18.

Ken_Silver
Jun 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
While this is expected, it is still a disappointment. But at least we know two things:

A) We WILL be gettin the MAG extention eventually
B) We know who is the enemy now. Not the GM's or the people who work at Sonic Team or Sega of America, its the higher ups who really don't give a **** about us.

I'll be bored for the next month and will be busy spamming WB because no one else will be anywhere else, but I'll still be around for the long haul.

I wonder if the GM's can now give us a Tentative Update schedule, since they seem to know what to expect ahead.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well, guess I can play Shred the Darkness this week :)

Powder Keg
Jun 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
:)

Heh

Inazuma
Jun 24, 2008, 06:03 PM
Well, guess I can play Shred the Darkness this week :)

be sure to let me know when you are on, so we can play together again. i dont have your card anymore.

i'll show you my stunning lv 21 MF techs >_>

Frozensword
Jun 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
A lot of you are lucky. You don't have to set there and play PSU a lot. I am a guild leader. I have to be on at least once a day and doing the boring same none MAG missions with members. I promised my guild we would have an MAG race June 25. As it already is that is a lie to my guild which is having some trouble as it is. A lot of members will probably leave now.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2008, 06:22 PM
A lot of you are lucky. You don't have to set there and play PSU a lot. I am a guild leader. I have to be on at least once a day and doing the boring same none MAG missions with members. I promised my guild we would have an MAG race June 25. As it already is that is a lie to my guild which is having some trouble as it is. A lot of members will probably leave now.

Well, MAG extension was never announced for June 20, it was announced for late June (in other words, June 27), and a week ago it was told by a GM that it could be delayed for July 4...

But now...looks like it will be July 18, I won't be surprised if they delay it even more <.<

Sekani
Jun 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
In before Golto blames everything on Microsoft.

kua1
Jun 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
Glad I don't pay money for this game. Glad I didn't buy the game either. Enjoy my initial 10 dollar subscription from 2006 sega because its the last money you will get from me.

Ken_Silver
Jun 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
Glad I don't pay money for this game. Glad I didn't buy the game either. Enjoy my initial 10 dollar subscription from 2006 sega because its the last money you will get from me.

To Sega: You see that? That's money lost. Do you care now? :mad:

beatrixkiddo
Jun 24, 2008, 07:00 PM
*reactivates JP account*

http://www.beatrixkiddopsu.com/images/aoi/aoi1376.jpg
Hay guiz

Ken_Silver
Jun 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, saw someone post this in one of the official threads.

April 25th to June 6th: 5 weeks with no updates.
June 6th to June 13th: 1 substantial update.
June 13th to June 20th: 1 negligible update.
June 20th to June 27th: 1 rerun update.
June 27th to July 18th: 3 weeks with no updates.

The amount of non-updates in the last few months quadruple the amount of updates we have received.

When put into perspective, things around here really DO suck. No amount of he said, she said can cover up them facts. That's just pathetic.

EDIT: Maybe I should go and get a Japanese account...

Shou
Jun 24, 2008, 07:18 PM
MORE WHITE BEAST FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

anyone... anyone? ........... no?

Shadaki-Kun
Jun 24, 2008, 07:24 PM
B) We know who is the enemy now. Not the GM's or the people who work at Sonic Team or Sega of America, its the higher ups who really don't give a **** about us.

That...should have been known from the very beginning. Those people have more power than the GMs.

Oh yeah, more White Beast fun for everyone =)

EDIT: Funny how people talked down to me like I was an idiot when I would say that MAG probably won't come when they say it will. (Confirmed date crap) I hope those people feel stupid now. When people say "I think", that INCLUDES GMs, it doesn't make it 100% confirmed.

imfanboy
Jun 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
This has gone beyond tragedy and straight into comedy.

Now I WANT to stay subscribed, just to watch Segac fail and laugh harder. I mean, this kind of comedy is WORTH ten bucks a month!

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 24, 2008, 07:53 PM
Sega, you are letting your fans down!! We did not have any new content for awhile. It is like you just left the office, and never came back. WE WANT OUR MONEYS WORTH!!!:mad:

Chris28
Jun 24, 2008, 08:12 PM
someone should send a letter to sega saying that you just got word you have cancer and would like to see certain updates before you pass away. maybe that would speed things up.

Arika
Jun 24, 2008, 09:00 PM
Sega, you are letting your fans down!! We did not have any new content for awhile. It is like you just left the office, and never came back. WE WANT OUR MONEYS WORTH!!!:mad:

talking about left the office. they are really doing that now lol. that is why they are so busy and no update until 13 July which is the time I got new office moved. I expect a good hurry update after that period.

Para
Jun 24, 2008, 09:19 PM
No shock here since business/profits is a priority with the billing server still down.

We're playing the game for free. I think that's decent enough for now unless it goes on for 2months or more. I hope this does not delay other content updates aside from MA:G.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 25, 2008, 12:43 AM
*SIGH* Dammit... *facepalm* :<

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 12:51 AM
MORE WHITE BEAST FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

anyone... anyone? ........... no?

i wouldnt be surprised if when the 18th comes and we finally do get an update, if its white beast S2 lol

Ashkahn
Jun 25, 2008, 03:37 AM
This has gone beyond tragedy and straight into comedy.

Now I WANT to stay subscribed, just to watch Segac fail and laugh harder. I mean, this kind of comedy is WORTH ten bucks a month!

This.

Segac has reached unprecedented levels of failure - unrivaled by any company, save Ion Storm.

$10 a month is a small price to pay for the epic drama.

Phoenix_Black
Jun 25, 2008, 03:40 AM
Or how about White Beast Redeux... With half-ass animations and maps thrown out when Sega was putting the mission together. There will also be agito repcas and psycho wands attatched to the ceiling with gorilla glue, just so we stare up at them for about 3 hours straight while Komazli laugh their dumbass laugh at us. I'll be sitting there looking at the ollakas, wondering if those blue things are eyes. Cause if you think about it, the only reason our eyes are soft is because we need them to move around. With hard eyes, you'd just have to have them all over to see in different directions. Then when we fight the dragon, he says "Hai guyz, wats going on in thi threadz?" And then we punch him and he drops serafi-senbas only for the mission to instantly end and kick us on our asses out the door before we can pick it up. We also don't get Caves of Illusions after all, because Segax fucks up. And there will be cake... Not the delicious, flat-chested kind... just cake...

Ashkahn
Jun 25, 2008, 03:45 AM
Sounds good, except the boss should be Megid Ball.

Instant death is a healthy challenge. Allegedly.

Phoenix_Black
Jun 25, 2008, 03:47 AM
Oooor... A reskin of a reskin....

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 04:15 AM
Oooor... A reskin of a reskin....

gib Barba ray LOL

abdule
Jun 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
unforgivable..
enough be said

Ruru
Jun 25, 2008, 04:22 AM
someone should send a letter to sega saying that you just got word you have cancer and would like to see certain updates before you pass away. maybe that would speed things up.

they'd just laugh at you and give promises of an inflatable pete and wait for you to die. if you didn't die right away they'd give you a date of when they'll send a hitman to kill you but postpone that over and over because of billing issues.

abdule
Jun 25, 2008, 04:42 AM
is it really this hard to relaunch maxg? i know of the billing difficulties, but still... i'm sure it only needs one person to add the new content. lock him for all i care, jusy get the job done and fast!

Sasamichan
Jun 25, 2008, 04:45 AM
Rather have a half working event? No leaderboard, no points counting?

Ruru
Jun 25, 2008, 04:46 AM
lol well for all i know about that type of stuff. it REALLY shouldn't be this hard. i honestly have no idea how sega is running the system though. maybe they just hired people off the streets that dont know how to work a server. for everything i've worked on and every online game i've played i've never seen a company have this many problems with well just about everything.

Arada
Jun 25, 2008, 05:01 AM
Let MAG go, the event was boring anyway. Just give us Neudaiz GBR, that'll give us some really fresh content.

strikershadow
Jun 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
LOL its not hard at all, actually it would take some time to compile the code, but honestly it would only take someone two seconds to do it LOL.

this is sad, they have it saved in a file, all they have to do is compile it with a push of a button... and we have to wait...

BUT oh god they couldnt postpone Sonics birthday... oh my that magically came into play on time...

all i know is, after mag event, I hope they keep it in under old events so we can still play the boards... if not i might just go back to PSO...

but then again i dunno :(

just fix it sega!!

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 25, 2008, 08:16 AM
I for one am happy for this delay.

My main computer is currently offline as either the motherboard or power supply is broken, and I'm playing on an old 2.4ghz ATI 128mb card. This will given me the time to get things fixed.

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
As far as I know, JP servers never had a single problem since PSU launch.
They've had plenty of problems, I can assure you. Fucked up billing servers, guaranteed synthesis failures on boards inserted in a PM before a particular system update, down room servers, outbreaks of error 051, 065 and 071. Best one ever, though, was the first. About a week after the servers went up at the end of August 2006, all character data was rolled back due to the discovery of players duping Meseta and other items. The Japanese servers aren't nearly as perfect as a lot of people tend to think. ;)

GeekRuler
Jun 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
The only reason we think our problems are worse is because we bitch louder D:
Personally I don't care. I like the downtime, helps me catch up on PAs for all my characters.

Yunfa
Jun 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
I wonder how many people acually work at the SEGA "office."

SEVENDUST
Jun 26, 2008, 12:43 AM
it sucks but it`ll give me time to level up my bullets:dead: i can very quick now... three times fast

Deja
Jun 26, 2008, 12:44 AM
I LOVE SEVENDUST...sorry just posted to say that.

MAG...blah blah...etc.

*vanishes*

February
Jun 26, 2008, 12:59 AM
That's cause Sevendust is awesome.

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 01:02 AM
They've had plenty of problems, I can assure you. Fucked up billing servers, guaranteed synthesis failures on boards inserted in a PM before a particular system update, down room servers, outbreaks of error 051, 065 and 071. Best one ever, though, was the first. About a week after the servers went up at the end of August 2006, all character data was rolled back due to the discovery of players duping Meseta and other items. The Japanese servers aren't nearly as perfect as a lot of people tend to think. ;)

do the room servers still load like a slug? i remember when i joined for MAG i was like *note to self*: dont go to your room unless absolutely necessary cuz it would take like a full long min. just to load your room X.x

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2008, 01:03 AM
Sounds good, except the boss should be Megid Ball.

Would be amazing

too bad the patch makes it invisible.

Naria
Jun 26, 2008, 08:54 AM
ROFL glad they didnt roll us back when ppl on here were shop glitching meseta before AOTI came out... O_o But really ppl on another thread were worried they would have to choose between Jaggo hunting and Mags anyway maybe now it will be put somewhere that noone has to choose between which event they want to spend thier time doing. I know for sure I would have farmed the jaggos before i spent another 2 weeks running that same boring MAGs run lol. I would rather though see the MAGs forgotten about and just throw us all the new content so we could catch up a bit and also do something different and new.

Rayokarna
Jun 26, 2008, 09:03 AM

lol, how the hell did that happen?

Golto
Jun 26, 2008, 09:15 AM
We've had problems with the room server too but the main problem for the JPN was when they logged in they started in their room. With there only being one server dedicated to rooms and 10 thousand or more people on at a time it was bound to crash especially after a maintence. So they made it not log you in your room.

EspioKaos
Jun 26, 2008, 09:20 AM
do the room servers still load like a slug? i remember when i joined for MAG i was like *note to self*: dont go to your room unless absolutely necessary cuz it would take like a full long min. just to load your room X.x
As far as I know, the room servers are fine now.

lol, how the hell did that happen?
Character rooms are on a different server from the individual "Universes," and that particular server just crashed. People could still play the game just fine, but if you tried to get to your room, you couldn't. (We've had it happen a few times before. I think what originally said "Your Room" on the server select changed to a grayed out "City 1" or something weird.)

Danny_Dark
Jun 26, 2008, 09:29 AM
Just as I Expected...(Sigh)...

PALRAPPYS
Jun 26, 2008, 10:00 AM
lol...

dc534
Jun 27, 2008, 12:23 AM
Maybe sega wants us all to quit this game, I mean they make our pa's lvl quick so what we all have maxed out pa's and have no reason to lvl, missions with ridiculous experience, not to mention their almost non exsitent customer support or progress in making this game any fun. Sonic Team raising hopes for all providing all with nothing but empty promises.

imfanboy
Jun 27, 2008, 12:34 AM
Maybe sega wants us all to quit this game, I mean they make our pa's lvl quick so what we all have maxed out pa's and have no reason to lvl, missions with ridiculous experience, not to mention their almost non exsitent customer support or progress in making this game any fun. Sonic Team raising hopes for all providing all with nothing but empty promises.
This is Sega Team: The King of Empty Promises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1SHdLfSdvM