PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here play WoWScape or just WoW in general?

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 09:09 PM
my friend has been trying to convince me to join him in the private servers for a long time and i have to say i do like the private servers a lot more cuz its easier to get into teh game since u get EXP 4x as fast and the drops are super high, but i was still pretty bored of it and the horde CONSTANTLY PvP u its annoying....

Was Paladin a bad choice for a beginner? lol im gonna lvlv up a shaman and a hunter too eventually, (well my friend is gonna get my shaman to 70 for me he says its much more fun at a higher level)

so any advice for a beginner for this game? anyone else play free servers either?

Tact
Jun 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
my friend has been trying to convince me to join him in the private servers for a long time and i have to say i do like the private servers a lot more cuz its easier to get into teh game since u get EXP 4x as fast and the drops are super high, but i was still pretty bored of it and the horde CONSTANTLY PvP u its annoying....

Your friend is a World of Warcraft pansy. He would never get by in the real servers.

Was Paladin a bad choice for a beginner? lol im gonna lvlv up a shaman and a hunter too eventually, (well my friend is gonna get my shaman to 70 for me he says its much more fun at a higher level)

No, my friend leveled up a Paladin as his first character. A Paladin is a good solo character as you can bash heads in and then heal yourself when you're finished. I can't really speak out of experience, though, because I do not have a Paladin.

If your friend is getting Enhancement talents for his Shaman, it's not fun. I think that talent tree gets really boring after a while. I use maybe five abilities for every single fight because I don't need anything else to kill stuff. That is why I stopped playing as my Shaman for the time being and started a Rogue.

so any advice for a beginner for this game? anyone else play free servers either?

Hmm, beginner advice...let's see. I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that I can say to you. However, if your friend knows Tailoring for some reason (as a Shaman, he shouldn't have Tailoring), ask him to make you some bags. The extra item space is really convenient. Good profession choices for a Paladin would be Herbalism/Alchemy, Mining/Blacksmithing, or Mining/Engineering. You could even pick up Enchanting if you wanted and then take Mining, Herbalism, or Skinning just for some extra cash.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
ok thank you i got some things down but the main thing i actually needed to get was what i should learn, i think i'll go with Enchantments and skinning, just cuz i used to skin in retail WoW for the short time i played that :)

Also my friend had 2 lvl 60's or 70's or w/e the max cap was at the time in retail WoW, he quit and joined PSU, then MAG came out he thought it was horrible, found out about the free servers and rejoined WoW lol

Tact
Jun 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
You're very welcome. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edit: I realize now that your friend doesn't have a Shaman himself, he's raising one for you or something. Anyway, my points about Shamans still stand. Enhancement Shamans are boring, and no Shaman should ever learn Tailoring.

pikachief
Jun 24, 2008, 09:40 PM
o yea i dont like it THAT much, so hes raising my shaman for me lol the enchantment/skinning is for my night elf hunter :)

Tact
Jun 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
That sounds good to me. With the higher drop rates on your servers, it should be easy to find Enchanting supplies.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2008, 01:00 AM
finally all installed, and it doesnt work lol oh well no WoW for me XD